Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alittletoolate
    I would like to just say hello.

The more I read (I am such a sucker for spoilers) the more scared I get, because, you no, less Sam means, well less Sam and less AT. I freaked out

I went from being a total Jack girl to lusting completely over AT and now loving her and Sam to bits. Sam is my favourite now. But without her, the rest dont hold up so well.

I know I shouldn't see a show like that, one or two characters, but I do because I can be that shallow. Don't get me wrong I like Teal'c and Daniel but come on, this is Sam.

I could never get why there is so much Sam bashing. I don't think anyone should really spend that much time and passion hating a character on a programme they supposedly love but Sam? Really?

Anyway.

Pretty picture?

Okay.
    Pretty picture as always with Amanda.

Welcome to the thread. I thought your name sounded really familiar then after checking out your website I realized why... I've read quite a few of your fics.

I have to admit at times the negative comments get under my skin, but more often than not I just try to ignore them or avoid the threads I know this type of discussion runs rampant. Don't worry about the Sam bashers, as long as you are here in Samanda, you are in our little Sam Friendly sanctuary.

Comment

I was bummed when I realized I accidentally taped Atlantis instead of SG1 this week & so missed the episode-- til I started reading various posts that were pretty negative. Guess I didn't miss much. Thank goodness it wasn't an Amanda week. I will have to be double careful when setting my vcr then.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        When you dream about her constantly in one form or another...for instance in one dream I was Sam.

In another more recent dream, I was her daughter who travelled back in time to talk to her but SG-1 was under attack. So she pulled me and my friends down and protected us from getting hit. And when the smoke cleared, she almost figured out who I was but then I woke up...

I love my Stargate dreams...

as long as they don't involve chicken... hehe

Sorry... I know this post means nothing to most. I just couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
          Your a really big Amanda/Sam fan when:

Amanda:
          - When your dissapointed that you can't find that picture a friend gave you with him and Amanda on it

- When you fantasies (day)dream) that your her hubby

- When, if you ever get a baby girl, you want to name it: Amanda

Sam:
          - When you wish Sam was your neighbor

- When you want help from her with your Math homework

- When you have a second baby girl and call her Samantha

Anyone who want to make this lists longer?
          my list --

amanda:
          - when i want to look like her.
          - when i want to be as nice as her.
          - when i want to BE her!

sam:
          - when i want to be as smart as her.
          - when i want to be able to kick butt like her.
          - when i live through her to get jack.
          - when i just think she's the coolest, greatest, most wonderful female character i've ever seen on tv. i would *love* to do what sam carter does (but i'd prob have quit way before she did because of mental exhaustion.). suffice it to say, i live through sam for it all.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Somebody asked if the Tapping is a goddess site is mine - No it is not

Amanda Tapping is probably best known for her role in the MGM sci-fi television series Stargate SG-1 as Captain/Major Samantha Carter. Born in Rochford, Essex in England on August 28, she spent a short time in South Benfleet, Essex, and was relocated to Ontario, Canada, at the age of 3.

Amanda is married to Alan Kovacs. In March 2005, Amanda and Alan became the proud parents of their new daughter, Olivia. Amanda has three brothers (Richard, Christopher and Stephen), of whom two are older than herself and one is her twin brother. She also has a dog named Abbie.

Amanda studied drama at the University of Windsor School of Dramatic Arts in Windsor, Ontario. After graduation she spent four more years studying theatre and appearing in several stage productions. Following several commercials on television, Amanda was able to help finance the start up of Random Acts, an improvisational comedy troupe, which she formed in the early 90s in Toronto with two other women (Katherine Jackson and Anne Marie Kerr). The group performed sketch comedy in small venues around Toronto including The New Ideas Festival and Tarragon Spring Arts Fair. Although the group had stopped performing, it has recently been been revived and has been working on a documentary.

Amanda's filmography is long and varied, including Flash Forward, Golden Will: The Silken Laumann Story, Remembrance, episodes of various shows like Due South, The Newsroom and The X-Files, The Donor, Rent-a-Kid, and Booty Call. Her major breakthrough, however, came in 1997 when she won the role of Captain Samantha Carter in the television series Stargate SG-1.

Currently, she is filming Stargate SG-1's ninth season. More recent films include The Void, also starring Malcolm McDowell and Adrian Paul. Random Acts is currently editing the documentary mentioned above, called Miss Blind River Pageant. Amanda says live theatre is still her passion.

Amanda relishes camping, skiing, hiking, reading and riding horses and supports the Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pollution Probe, The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and for this event has chosen “Hearing Dogs for the Deaf”.

(some of the information used here is courtesy of the Amanda Tapping official website. With thanks to Kamil Trzebiatowski, official webmaster, for permission to use this resource)
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Who has seen "The Void?" Not a very good film IMO--I think they couldn't quite figure out what they were trying to do with it. But AT did a good job--I suspect she puts her all into all her projects. I think she definitely has screen presence. I thought while watching it: "Just think what she could have done with a better script!"

Comment

I havent seen it but I bet she was great

Amanda's IMDB page - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0850102/
                Pics from 'The Void'

Last edited by Skydiver; 02 April 2007, 08:41 PM.
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Amanda played opposite Adrian Paul? (tries to grab a Kleenex to catch the drool). I HAVE to see that movie! They must have been great......(deep sigh).

I'm coming back in my next life as AT.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

So in your next life you are going to be a different species
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy
                      Your a really big Amanda/Sam fan when:

Amanda:
                      - When your dissapointed that you can't find that picture a friend gave you with him and Amanda on it

- When you fantasies (day)dream) that your her hubby

- When, if you ever get a baby girl, you want to name it: Amanda

Sam:
                      - When you wish Sam was your neighbor

- When you want help from her with your Math homework

- When you have a second baby girl and call her Samantha

Anyone who want to make this lists longer?
                      Amanda:
                      - You would leave your boyfriend for her in a heartbeat.

Sam:
                      - See above.
                      sigpic-
                      +I thought I was a fool for no one
                      but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
                        I would like to just say hello.

The more I read (I am such a sucker for spoilers) the more scared I get, because, you no, less Sam means, well less Sam and less AT. I freaked out

I went from being a total Jack girl to lusting completely over AT and now loving her and Sam to bits. Sam is my favourite now. But without her, the rest dont hold up so well.

I know I shouldn't see a show like that, one or two characters, but I do because I can be that shallow. Don't get me wrong I like Teal'c and Daniel but come on, this is Sam.

I could never get why there is so much Sam bashing. I don't think anyone should really spend that much time and passion hating a character on a programme they supposedly love but Sam? Really?

Anyway.

Pretty picture?

Okay.

http://escapingreality.net/bluejello...pleblueban.png
                        Ooo, another fic writer on board... Good stuff

And yes, that is a great pic... *stares drooling at pic*

Comment

Hey - why don't I show my 'preciation too? )

AT's stupendous in the role of Sam Carter. She brings the role to life and despite some of the things I've heard said NOBODY can take the place of Sam or Amanda, NOBODY!

Um...that's all 'cause it feels weird complimenting actors to me. I dunno why... Anyway, AT, keep on rockin'!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            So in your next life you are going to be a different species
                            Hmmm, I'm not quite certain how to take qas! Another species? Her or me? LOL

OK, I know she's way out of my league, but we're still both human.....so I'm going to asssume you're referring to the movie, about which, I know nada!

As for me returning as AT, believe me, my karma is no where near that level.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thank you, NearlyCircular, ÜberSG-1Fan, and SamFan31 for the kind words on my silliness and banner!

I've discovered a new way to unwind when my SOX, er, stuff, ups my bloodpressure - make Sam banners! Graphics programs are wonderful things.

(Hmmm. I wonder if my boss will mind if I indulge in imy new hobby at the office? )
                              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

*reads text in Simhavaktra's signature*

Hmm. Okay Simhavaktra.

Naked.

What happens now?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X