No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally received my TVZone Special #64 today. I have not had time to read much of it yet but I did skim the magazine. My scanner is acting up again (guess it is time to break down and buy a new one) but I did manage to get this image of the last page which I thought was funny. Especially the "General Carter & President O'Neill" part.

OK, maybe I'm going nuts, but that looks like a new picture of Sam to me. At least, it does at first glance. I'm sure it's not from Heroes, and I can't think of another occasion where she has spoken from a podium. Besides, the Pentagon logo behind her rules out the SGC.

So, anyone know if this is photoshopped together or what?

And if not, anyone know what episode this is from?

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      OK, maybe I'm going nuts, but that looks like a new picture of Sam to me. At least, it does at first glance. I'm sure it's not from Heroes, and I can't think of another occasion where she has spoken from a podium. Besides, the Pentagon logo behind her rules out the SGC.

Good point. I can't tell if those are silver oak leaves or stars on her shoulders.

Comment

it's either photoshopped or one hell of a spoiler

sam has never spoken from the pentagon, and that's the sgc flag there, suggesting that the sgc is now public

but what is a lt colonel doing speaking on behalf of the sgc? that would be landry's job, or jack's
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver:

sam has never spoken from the pentagon, and that's the sgc flag there, suggesting that the sgc is now public

but what is a lt colonel doing speaking on behalf of the sgc? that would be landry's job, or jack's
          Well, here's hoping for photoshopped, because that's one spoiler I could do without knowing beforehand.

Just making sure I'm not losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

I think the Pentagon sign is Photoshopped in. I believe that's Sam speaking in the Gateroom from "Heroes, Pt II" And I don't think Sam has that many ribbons, either. Last check, she has 9 on her uniform and only one pin above the ribbons.

And with that, I'm heading off on vacation. I'll be back Sunday afternoon!
            sigpic

Comment

It looks like she has some new medals/ribbons on her uniform, too. Wish I could see them better.

My LJ

Comment

Originally Posted by ChevronSeven:
                I think the Pentagon sign is Photoshopped in. I believe that's Sam speaking in the Gateroom from "Heroes, Pt II"
                Yeah, I thought that at first, too. But I checked the Heroes photos on GateWorld and in that scene Sam's not wearing the wings she has on in this image. Now, I guess that could've been photoshopped too, but that seems to be going to a lot of trouble just to create a false image.

I don't know, but this is driving me crazy now.

Comment

you know, she does hae too many medals...also she normally only had one big pin above her medals

what i THINK, we got an au eps coming up don't we? I think we're looking at General Carter...who might be in an au eps, presuming that spoiler is right

sam normally only has 3-4 complete rows of ribbons, with a partial one. and she wears the space command missle thingie
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thats what I thought too...
                    Though it does look alot like the Heroes shot. Same pose, same hair style, same folds in the flags. But she's also got another badge above her Space/Missile Badge which I have idea as to what it is, and she's got alot more ribbons than she did in Heroes. But it probably wouldn't be too hard to photoshop them in

Edit: Doh! Beaten
                    And Sky, that could be it. An AU episode with General Carter. Ripple Effect perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

Gotta be Photoshopped. I think they put parts together to get the effect they wanted for the story.
                      Originally posted by majorsal
                      i'm not a real sports fan (unless the men are playing naked), but even if i had another interest vying at the same time, SAM WINS EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

sally
                      Naked men playing what? Football (Imagines Tennessee Titans naked -- not as much fun now that Frank Wycheck has retired and Eddie George is gone) ? Hmmmm. My, my, Sally! Interesting images!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Okay if this has already been posted sorry but I'm at lunch and was just doing a little surfing when I saw that stargate-project has a new cast photo of AT posted - here is the link http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=310
                        isn't that photo of amanda *gorgeous*!! i'll tell you, that woman was blessed by the beauty gods...

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver:
                          you know, she does hae too many medals...also she normally only had one big pin above her medals

what i THINK, we got an au eps coming up don't we? I think we're looking at General Carter...who might be in an au eps, presuming that spoiler is right

sam normally only has 3-4 complete rows of ribbons, with a partial one. and she wears the space command missle thingie
                          That is some damn fine speculation. I like it, and if it's true, then I'm looking forward to
                          Spoiler:
                          Ripple Effect
                          even more.

But, I'm not entirely convinced that the magazine could possibly have an image from that episode, could it? I mean, I don't think that episode was even shot before this had to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Thats what I thought too...
                            Though it does look alot like the Heroes shot. Same pose, same hair style, same folds in the flags. But she's also got another badge above her Space/Missile Badge which I have idea as to what it is, and she's got alot more ribbons than she did in Heroes. But it probably wouldn't be too hard to photoshop them in

Edit: Doh! Beaten
                            And Sky, that could be it. An AU episode with General Carter. Ripple Effect perhaps?
                            The podium is a lot lower on all the Heroes shots:
                            http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/7...0II%5F945.html

I think it's all either photoshopped for some weird reason, or it's an AU ep. Maybe it's a glimpse of the future with the SGC public! (Perhaps Sam can wear all of the medals she's actually earned after it goes public?) Way cool!!!!!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              The podium is a lot lower on all the Heroes shots:
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s7/7...0II%5F945.html

I think it's all either photoshopped for some weird reason, or it's an AU ep. Maybe it's a glimpse of the future with the SGC public! (Perhaps Sam can wear all of the medals she's actually earned after it goes public?) Way cool!!!!!
                              Nah, there's a promo pic from Heroes that looks up at her standing at the podium. Same height as it is in that Pentagon pic

Comment

Unfortunately, the more I look at it, the more the whole thing looks faked...

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X