Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
    Awww, thanks, Jerin! She's my gatebuddy and daughter. She's two! Yesterday she said, "I like Danel. He's sweet and very very nice." I couldn't believe it - I may have to head over and join the Daniel thread also!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to Chicago - but I have to be back here before the Con, so I won't be going to that. MAJOR sadness.

See you on the other side!!!
    That's so sweet how you have someone to share SG with. She's precious! (Note to self: must not steal beautiful child. Must distract self w/ 7-month-old-niece instead.) Maybe I can make my niece become a fan. Mwa-ha-ha. Well...both her parents like the show. They just don't have time between full-time work and new parenthood.

Have a great time in Chicago. I'm sorry u can't go the con. I'm saving up $ to try to go next year. May I ask which state you live in? I'm on the east coast in NYC.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      Well, it looks like ChopinGal's nuns have been busy spreading the word...

(though of course, this does only apply to US citizens... )

* with acknowledgements to www.churchsigngenerator.com *
      ROTFLMAO! That could be an interesting mass....
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        LOL, that's good to know, Lida, because I sure would miss Sam's smile, especially since it seems like TPTB are allowing her to smile more this season. And I do love the new hairstyle, too.

Also, I might be a bit late, but WELCOME, ALMOND and CONGRATS on 200 posts.

So, now the big question for y'all: How many more days, hours, minutes, and (do I dare?) seconds til Sam/Amanda is back???
        Again...not that I'm like, you know, keeping track or anything...

But Sam's return is APPROXIMATELY 51 hours 7 minutes and 54 seconds from now.

Give or take...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

On Sam's smile: I'm sure the Sam haters complained that she was too serious and "stone faced" when she didn't smile as much in the early seasons. Sheesh!
          These crazy people have way too much time on their hands. One of my best friends and I always joke that we wish all mean people to have real problems, to teach them empathy. If I weren’t a true Samandan, I would wish them to live in a 3rd world country for a few days. But that would be too mean.
          Jerin--thanks for the idea of double taping Friday's episode. I may just do that.
          You’re most welcome.

Not much going on here today - but I wanted to keep Samanda on the first page!
          So, here is something ON topic - Sam: You don't like my smile? Well, how about this...? http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...6/Samanda1.jpg
          You are cracking me up. I tried to green rep you, but couldn’t.

Lida, congrats on 2,100 posts! Sam says congrats, too.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
          Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

So, here is something ON topic -

Sam: You don't like my smile? Well, how about this...?

On Edit: I guess, ChevronSeven already took care of keeping us on page 1.
            GREAT pic!!!! And beautiful sig Dani76!

And as the hour draws closer to the return of our queen, I find out today, the darn cable guy screwed up my DVR. Grrrrrrrrr, now what???? I was all set to finally burn a great set of DVD's and now, nada, zip, zilch! I can't get it to work! You could say, I'm a tad steamed.......argh!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              I feel your pain. The magazine people got my check - a month after I mailed it. So I missed Issue 6!! My subscription starts with the next issue, so I'll have to wait until the end of the month to pick it up at the bookstore. I was looking forward to the feature about the AU SG-1s. Now that I know I'm missing an Amanda article...
              If it makes you feel any better, the article about the AU SG-1's isn't in this issue. They do have an article about the video game, which we now know may not be produced at all. And if you're getting the next issue, you'll get the promised longer interview with Amanda.

NC

Comment

So, here is something ON topic -

Sam: You don't like my smile? Well, how about this...?

Now that's an air force approved smile!

NC

Comment

2 DAYS 'TILL SAM/AMANDA RETURNS!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    If it makes you feel any better, the article about the AU SG-1's isn't in this issue. They do have an article about the video game, which we now know may not be produced at all. And if you're getting the next issue, you'll get the promised longer interview with Amanda.

NC
                    Aw, nuts! I was so looking forward to seeing if they showed just how the AU Sam and Jack met and got engaged (S1) and married (S3). Maybe another time then. Thanks for pointing it out!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                      I feel your pain on VCR screw-ups. It happened to me, & I thought I'd lose it. That's why I'm not taking any chances and set the VCR to record both at 8pm & 11pm and will be home for the 11pm show. If someone asks me to hang out late on Fri night, I have to answer, "sorry, I have to watch TV." Ha-ha.
                      i used to be like that (still am), and then comcast and the scifi channel changed it all. comcast MADE us change to the digital box (if we wanted to continue to get it), and even before then, either scifi channel or comcast kept screwing up the signal. and it happens almost every single time a new stargate ep airs. this prob started for me in season 7, when i tried repeatedly to record 'grace'. i had two tries in one night, and both times something went wrong on their end. i finally got it later, but since then, it's always something happening. i've talked to comcast, we've even changed boxes, but... that's why i wonder if it's on scifi's end. and (being a bit paranoid), i wonder if it's scifi's way of making sure no one can record this ep to transfer to their computer to share with ppl that want to d/l it.

so, suffice it to say, i have no way of knowing i'll get a good copy. i take care of everything on my end, but it seems it's *them* that i have no control over. *grrrr*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i can't green anyone, so...

thank you, dani, for the great and funny sam pic!

and lida... they're out to get us, all those ptb in all those companies. conspiracy i tell you!

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Popping in again (I am sooo avoiding back to school work) to remind you all to vote for your favorite (Sam) episodes for the SciFi viewers' choice marathon. You seem to be able to vote multiple times.

Comment

I just finished a rehearsal for a gig I have Friday night and at the end of the rehearsal, which went very well, the call time for Friday was changed from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Which put a big smile on my face since I have DirecTV I can watch Stargate SG-1 at 5:00 and then leave home at 6:00 and make the gig on time since it is close to were I live. I thought I was going to have to wait until after the gig, which goes until 11:00 pm to see the return of Sam.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              i used to be like that (still am), and then comcast and the scifi channel changed it all. comcast MADE us change to the digital box (if we wanted to continue to get it), and even before then, either scifi channel or comcast kept screwing up the signal. and it happens almost every single time a new stargate ep airs. this prob started for me in season 7, when i tried repeatedly to record 'grace'. i had two tries in one night, and both times something went wrong on their end. i finally got it later, but since then, it's always something happening. i've talked to comcast, we've even changed boxes, but... that's why i wonder if it's on scifi's end. and (being a bit paranoid), i wonder if it's scifi's way of making sure no one can record this ep to transfer to their computer to share with ppl that want to d/l it.

so, suffice it to say, i have no way of knowing i'll get a good copy. i take care of everything on my end, but it seems it's *them* that i have no control over. *grrrr*

sally
                              That's why I switched to a dish. My only problems hav been severe storms during Stargate but luckily that doesn't normally happen during both the 7 & 9 showing.

Comment

Woohoo! Got my Season 8 DVD's today Time to get some Amanda behind the scenes action going

Comment

Working...
                                X