Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    OK, now I have read this complaint more than once recently and while I can somewhat understand her hair being against Air Force Regulations, can someone please explain this, as Jack would say, DUMBASS deal with her smile being against regulation?

    How the hell can a smile be against regulation? I just don't get it. You mean to tell me that the USAF actually has rules about being happy and showing it? What is there a protocol that specifically states that a smile can only be so many milimeters in diameter? Or maybe her teeth are too white? This is the type of utter feces that totally irks me. If you have a legitimate complaint fine. More power to you. But I hate to tell ya, complaining about something like this is truly pathetic. It makes me wonder what sort of lives these people lead that their lives are so meaningless that they have nothing better to do than to sit and complain about someone else's smiling. Good Grief.

    I mean this would be like saying Daniel's eyes are against regulation for being too blue, or Teal'cs arms for being too large, or Jack's scar for being too noticable.

    /rant

    Kat
    Oh, I just hope they start a letter writing campaign to TPTB about Sam's girly-girly smile being inappropriate for the Air Force. Let them work themselves up into a frenzy about it. Spur them on!

    I mean, if that doesn't reveal them for the irrational loonies they are, nothing will.

    As for complaining about Sam's hair... someone mentioned that it was too messy for regs. Haven't they ever noticed Sheppard's hair? I mean, it's always sticking up and looks like he never combs it. And Cam seems to be going for the same mussed-up look sometimes, too. But, we get back to the double standard. On the guys, of course, it's cute and acceptable. On Sam, it's "against regs." They just have to try to find something to gripe about.

    Personally, I find it amusing and bemusing. Hateful/spiteful comments would be less amusing, but I honestly have not run across any of those on Gateworld. Maybe I've just been lucky. Of course, my surfing and lurking is very limited.

    So, since I'm calling Sam's-smile-slammers loonies, does that make me a Sam-slammer slammer?

    My LJ

    Comment


      I missed it...phew!

      Congrats on 1800 posts Uber!!!!!!

      I LOVE your avatar....I have got to learn to use my photoshop correctly. Every pic of Sam I tried for a personal avatar looked terrible. Yours is fantastic!

      Again, congrats Uber"fantastic"!
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

      Comment


        This is OT, but very important. If you haven't upgraded your virus protection within the last few days, please do so now!!!! There is a very serious threat from 2 new viruses....the W32. Zotob.E and the W.32. Esbot.A.

        Run a virus scan and then update your protection.

        Thanks for listening. I don't want any of you to get infected, so listen to your doc, ok?

        Hic Comitas Regit
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

        Comment


          To all of you who sent thanks and green for typing out the AT interview –

          YOU’RE VERY WELCOME!
          Your thanks made the time spent on painstaking, tedious typing worthwhile.

          All those hours on a manual typewriter; starting over

          every

          single

          time

          I made a mistake;

          squinting through the flickering candlelight;

          stopping only to get a bucket of water from the well in order to quench the raging thirst brought on by the rigorous work;

          typing uphill through the snow for 10 miles (oops, wrong story);

          neglecting friends and family in a seemingly endless endeavor to get the news to Samanda.

          Ok, had enough BS?

          I confess - the scanner did it. You’ve got to love a machine that will not only copy pictures onto your computer, but will also take the text on a page and convert it into text in your favorite word processing package.

          But hey! I did have to actually type a couple of paragraphs that the scanner didn’t like, and I had to clean it all up and change the formatting. And do some cutting and pasting. Honest!

          NC(coming clean)

          Comment


            Originally posted by AmberMoon
            [/font]

            *de-lurking*
            Air Force Instructions 36-2903 DRESS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE OF AIR FORCE PERSONNEL
            , Table 1.4 state (direct quote) "Hair (W) will not be worn in an extreme or fad style or violate safety requirements. Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Will not exceed 3 inches in bulk or prevent proper wear of headgear. Will not include hair ornaments such as ribbons or jeweled pins." Can't tell much from the oh-so-brief shot of AT in the trailers...but I don't see AT's hair exceeding the personal appearance standards of the US Air Force.

            P.S. For those interested in the US Air Force Instructions, go to http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/....Personnel appearance and relationships are under Publication Series 36.
            Yeah! Thanks AmberMoon. I read something like this a LOOONG time ago. And S4 Sam Hair (though I thought it was a nice change) definitely goes against that particular regulation. But they certainly rectified THAT later on, didn't they?

            Now... Got anything on how an Air Force officer is supposed to smile?

            ON EDIT: Not that I'm surprised or anything, but Strix Varia definitely beat me to this response!

            Comment


              Hello everyone,

              I don't know if this fanfic was mentionned, I haven't kept up with the thread yet, but I thought I would share it with you. I had a laugh.

              What would SG-1 think of all those fanfics out there ?

              Oh for crying out loud!
              sigpic
              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

              Comment


                Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                To all of you who sent thanks and green for typing out the AT interview –

                YOU’RE VERY WELCOME!
                Your thanks made the time spent on painstaking, tedious typing worthwhile.

                All those hours on a manual typewriter; starting over

                every

                single

                time

                I made a mistake;

                squinting through the flickering candlelight;

                stopping only to get a bucket of water from the well in order to quench the raging thirst brought on by the rigorous work;

                typing uphill through the snow for 10 miles (oops, wrong story);

                neglecting friends and family in a seemingly endless endeavor to get the news to Samanda.

                Ok, had enough BS?

                I confess - the scanner did it. You’ve got to love a machine that will not only copy pictures onto your computer, but will also take the text on a page and convert it into text in your favorite word processing package.

                But hey! I did have to actually type a couple of paragraphs that the scanner didn’t like, and I had to clean it all up and change the formatting. And do some cutting and pasting. Honest!

                NC(coming clean)
                This post definitely earned you green!!! ROFL

                Besides, still NO mag!!!!! I'm getting a tad angry.....they don't send me the one which features SAM!!!!!! ARGH!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

                Comment


                  [QUOTE=jerin]Congratulations on 200 posts! Welcome to the thread. OMG! Now we have 2 threads in common, including the Jonas/CN one. These are the 2 threads I keep up with. So happy to have you aboard.
                  http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r/gracehad.jpg She is so...so cute! My cuteness radar is going overboard. May I ask if she's your daughter/sister? Where are you going in 4 hours?

                  Awww, thanks, Jerin! She's my gatebuddy and daughter. She's two! Yesterday she said, "I like Danel. He's sweet and very very nice." I couldn't believe it - I may have to head over and join the Daniel thread also!!!

                  Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to Chicago - but I have to be back here before the Con, so I won't be going to that. MAJOR sadness.

                  See you on the other side!!!
                  If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                  proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                  Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)


                  Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

                  Comment


                    [QUOTE=WhatFateAlmondRoca]
                    Originally posted by jerin
                    Congratulations on 200 posts! Welcome to the thread. OMG! Now we have 2 threads in common, including the Jonas/CN one. These are the 2 threads I keep up with. So happy to have you aboard.
                    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...r/gracehad.jpg She is so...so cute! My cuteness radar is going overboard. May I ask if she's your daughter/sister? Where are you going in 4 hours?

                    Awww, thanks, Jerin! She's my gatebuddy and daughter. She's two! Yesterday she said, "I like Danel. He's sweet and very very nice." I couldn't believe it - I may have to head over and join the Daniel thread also!!!

                    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm going to Chicago - but I have to be back here before the Con, so I won't be going to that. MAJOR sadness.

                    See you on the other side!!!
                    Have a safe trip Almond. Sorry you can't make the con, I couldn't either....I'll be otherwise occupied, unfortunately.

                    As for all the "stuff" on Air Force regs, I'm just AMAZED that the Air Force consultant never told the tptb that Sam couldn't smile......I mean really, you'd think they'd want to get everything just plu perfect.

                    As for the hair....when the AF was trying to recruit me, my hair was waist length, and I was told I didn't have to cut it, just wear it up when on duty and in uniform. They also never mentioned I couldn't smile......
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Lida
                      They also never mentioned I couldn't smile......
                      LOL, that's good to know, Lida, because I sure would miss Sam's smile, especially since it seems like TPTB are allowing her to smile more this season. And I do love the new hairstyle, too.

                      Also, I might be a bit late, but WELCOME, ALMOND and CONGRATS on 200 posts.

                      So, now the big question for y'all: How many more days, hours, minutes, and (do I dare?) seconds til Sam/Amanda is back???

                      Thank you, Skydiver

                      Comment


                        On Sam's smile: I'm sure the Sam haters complained that she was too serious and "stone faced" when she didn't smile as much in the early seasons. Sheesh!

                        Jerin--thanks for the idea of double taping Friday's episode. I may just do that.

                        Comment


                          Well, it looks like ChopinGal's nuns have been busy spreading the word...




                          (though of course, this does only apply to US citizens... )



                          * with acknowledgements to www.churchsigngenerator.com *

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Well, it looks like ChopinGal's nuns have been busy spreading the word...




                            (though of course, this does only apply to US citizens... )



                            * with acknowledgements to www.churchsigngenerator.com *
                            This is too funny! And so appropriate. And we certainly are a rejoicing group! Hail to CG’s nuns... (and 1speed's creativity).
                            Last edited by SamFan31; August 17, 2005, 12:42 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Lida
                              This post definitely earned you green!!! ROFL

                              Besides, still NO mag!!!!! I'm getting a tad angry.....they don't send me the one which features SAM!!!!!! ARGH!
                              I feel your pain. The magazine people got my check - a month after I mailed it. So I missed Issue 6!! My subscription starts with the next issue, so I'll have to wait until the end of the month to pick it up at the bookstore. I was looking forward to the feature about the AU SG-1s. Now that I know I'm missing an Amanda article...
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Not much going on here today - but I wanted to keep Samanda on the first page!
                                So, here is something ON topic -

                                Sam: You don't like my smile? Well, how about this...?


                                On Edit: I guess, ChevronSeven already took care of keeping us on page 1.

                                Thank you, Skydiver

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X