Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    If I had to guess, it's probably because not everybody is going to be enamoured of the whole "royal court of Samanda" thing. Even though we try to be open and friendly, we're still kind of a clique. I know when I first lurked, I thought this thread was veeeerrrryyyyy strange... If Astro hadn't been so kind as to invite me over (repeatedly, I think), I probably would have run for the hills. And see what I would have missed! But it's probably not everybody's cup of tea.

And on edit, I should point out that I am very glad I stuck around here. To each their own; this thread is wonderful. As someone else said, there can't be too much love for Amanda.

Hugs,
    Strix
    ROTFLOL What's not to love?! We're just a bunch of loopy adults who have kiddie imaginations ... reminds me of someone else ...

PS Glad you came and didn't run for the hills! Or get on your Honda scooter! Hugs back, CG

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      A version of these was posted before by somebody, but the aspect ratio was wrong. I offer my caps until better ones appear.

Welcome to Samanda and thanks for the great caps from S9!

With a royal name like Parsifal, we may have to make you a knight if you stick around!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        hey, hon, i want to know what pic that is of amanda?

sally
        It's one of the little teddy poses with her lying on her back. I just flipped the photo over. If you'd like a copy of the actual pose let me know via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          I've only heard of her saying good things about RDA. In the latest TV Guide to deal with SG, she basically said she misses him. I'm sure it wasn't easy on the cast having to shoot 2-3 episodes at a time in order to accommodate RDA's schedule in S7 &8 and it would be easy to resent him. The only negative thing in reference to that I heard from her was in a commentary that she "missed the guys" because they were shooting separately a lot in S7. So in a way, even what could be considered a complaint was not said in negative way. Besides, even if she did have a complaint, she strikes me as too professional to air it publicly.
          I couldn't imagine her saying anything bad about anyone either. I can imagine her missing the guys, because after so much time working together it must be second nature just to have one of them there with her.
          I can understand the possible resentment, too. It would be difficult having to do everything around one person -- reminds me of David Duchovny on the X-Files. They move production from Canada to LA for him, and he still gives them grief! (or rather, 'gave' --- all past tense of course now!)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Dang, Simha! I should've hired you as my PR person! Brilliant! And, you're right, shouldn't waste cycling on a PA highway - it's not pretty!

And I love the picture you painted of Jack on the back of Sam's bike ... grrrowl! You're adding fuel to my Harley fire! Thanks!

LOL! Now I'm having another mental image...................

"Jack - "

"What???"

"It works better if you hold on... lower... than that."

"Oh! Like - "

"Farther up than that, and farther - forward - too!"

"Then - "

"Not there, either, Jack!"

"Ohhhh, Carter. You're - "

"Trying to drive, here, Jack."

"In motorcycle leathers, too. Ohhh, yeah."

"They'll still be leathers even if you dont put your hands all over them while I'm driving, Jack. There's a strap on the seat, hold on to that while we're moving."

"And what can I hold onto when we stop?"

"If it's a traffic light, how about your discretion?"

"Oh, Carter..."

I can so see Sam on that X2 now - Jack, however, I can see on his rump in the middle of the road, watching her bring the bike down from the wheelie that dumped him there if he isn't a well-behaved passenger!
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              It's one of the little teddy poses with her lying on her back. I just flipped the photo over. If you'd like a copy of the actual pose let me know via PM.
              NOW i know which pic it is! i *knew* i'd seen amanda's eyes like that, but when i went over to her femm fatales pics, i couldn't find it. (didn't think of it being flipped ). thanks!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                I know this may sound a bit rude...but what's the point of having two threads??? Why do the people there not want to come here???
                I can't even begin to understand why people wouldn't want to come here! This is my favorite thread!! Even if I do lurk more than I post cause I usually get in here late. I love this place
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

greetings from grand junction colorado

I'd love to read all your fantastic posts, but the connection is so slllloooooowwwwwww that i'm afraid i'm going to have to catch up later

we drive across nebraska today, and mostly across colorado. tomorrow we're going to check out arches national park, then spend the night in moab utah before heading out to las vegas to pick up others in our party on tuesday

I hope y'all are being good and enjoying yourselves
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    greetings from grand junction colorado

I'd love to read all your fantastic posts, but the connection is so slllloooooowwwwwww that i'm afraid i'm going to have to catch up later

we drive across nebraska today, and mostly across colorado. tomorrow we're going to check out arches national park, then spend the night in moab utah before heading out to las vegas to pick up others in our party on tuesday

I hope y'all are being good and enjoying yourselves
                    ((((((Skydiver))))))

Hope you're having fun. You'll love Arches NP, I was just there not too long ago (my hubby is a landscape photographer), it's just amazing. Enjoy your trip and check in as often as you can.

Dani

P.S. We've been really good so far.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Wow, I can't seem to get away from motorcycles this week. Here on the thread, and in RL. I live near a town of about 6400 which holds a huge motorcycle rally every year in early August, and it's going on now. There will be somewhere between 400 and 650 thousand bikers here in the next week or so. If I step outside, I'll hear the unmistakable roar of Harleys going down the road, and it'll be constant for another week. Fortunately, I kind of like the sound. Here's a picture from the main street of the small town during last year's rally. They just close the main street down to all but motorcycle traffic and parking, as you can see.

And to make this post on topic, I actually read a Sam/Jack fic last year about the whole team coming to this particular event. (way too shippy for me, though)

And Chopin Gal, I can do you one better on the motorcycle picture. Here's one of me actually on the Harley, although I've never ridden one either.

The orangerater strikes again!

Oh, and it was taken almost 30 years ago, looking at the date on the back. Yes, I am that old.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Wow, I can't seem to get away from motorcycles this week. Here on the thread, and in RL. I live near a town of about 6400 which holds a huge motorcycle rally every year in early August, and it's going on now.
                        Aha! Now I know which nearly rectangular state you are actually from!

My LJ

Comment

Well this is my baby...a 2003 883 Sportster Hugger...it's the 100th Anniversary Special...Gun Metal Pearl paint...

Now if I was Sam, it would be a difficult decision on which one to giveaway......The Indian or The Harley! Both are special bikes in their own right.

P.S. It was a retirement gift to self...after serving with the USAF for 22+ years, I needed something special...so I bought my Harley while stationed overseas in Korea.

Comment

I was reading through all 8 pages of the episode thread for The Ties that Bind and I was pleasantly surprised to see that we’re not the only ones who are eagerly anticipating Sam’s return. I’ve been avoiding even the episode discussion threads lately because the Sam bashers tend to get their little digs in somehow. But the vast majority of posters there seem ready to see the end of the Danny/Vala arc, and are waiting for Sam to get back, so the show can focus on the team.

I’m liking Vala more than I expected to, but I’ve felt all along that she would be great as a recurring character, and not as a regular. As someone pointed out on that thread, it might have been better if the Vala episodes could have been spread out throughout the season, instead of all at once. Of course, that wasn’t practical with Amanda gone.

I’m a little concerned when I read the spoilers for coming episodes. Is it just me, or does it seem like almost all of them have half the team going one place and the other going somewhere else? It reminds me too much of the last 2 seasons when RDA’s reduced schedule forced those kind of scenarios. I was really hoping that we’d be seeing more of the team together this year. Oh well, as long as Sam is back, I’ll be happy.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Wow, I can't seem to get away from motorcycles this week. Here on the thread, and in RL. I live near a town of about 6400 which holds a huge motorcycle rally every year in early August, and it's going on now. There will be somewhere between 400 and 650 thousand bikers here in the next week or so. If I step outside, I'll hear the unmistakable roar of Harleys going down the road, and it'll be constant for another week. Fortunately, I kind of like the sound. Here's a picture from the main street of the small town during last year's rally. They just close the main street down to all but motorcycle traffic and parking, as you can see.

NC
                              Would this be the Sturgis Rally? I went last year, with a friend from CA. We had a blast he has a big Honda GoldWing that we rode out on for the rally.

I'm looking into buying a V-Star for myself. Of course that will have to wait a while since I just had a huge Jeep repair bill this weekend.

OK enough OT - Back on top - After watching Friday nights episode I'm missing Carter more than I have yet this season. I like Vala more this season but I'm tired of the same old thing with her. I think she would make a good reaccuring character but I'm so ready for SAM to be back.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                                Aha! Now I know which nearly rectangular state you are actually from!
                                Yup! Looks "down" and waves.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X