Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Again...thank you for the warm welcome!!!!!!!!!

Ambermoon - good to see ya back at SI!

Hmmm...contest...Think I'll get back to what I do best for that one...Fan Art (sketches)

Maybe I could send the actual one and not a scan!

Hey if I can mail some fan art to a GABIT attendee...they could give it to her in person!

Thankies for the Samanda index...thingumabob (is that the technical term)

you make us in the S/J thread look like a rather muddled up bunch!
    I'm going to GABIT

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Thanks to sueKay (thanks for the post of the transcript ), I found out what "The Guys" are "really" thinking of Amanda, and I thought, I'd share with you.

Lovely montage - thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Not to worry ... here I am doing more research for my next S/J fic about that "motorcycle" he was selling in S9 ... and I got such a bargain!

You go girl!!!

Comment

OoOoOoO...while I was checking out the nominations up on Stargate Fanfic awards I came across a really angsty Sam-whumping video called Paradise.

There is a slight suggestion to S/J but overall it's 99% Sam. I'd definitely check it out if you haven't done so already.

Rach0486
          Sam Whumpage
          Paradise

Found some more...

Rowan Darkstar
          Geek!Sam
          No One

Callea Veda
          Everybody Loves Sam
          Last Beautiful Girl

Claris
          Sam and Janet Friendship
          Voice Within

Rowan Darkstar
          Sam/Fifth/Replicarter
          Passive
          Warning: Please be advised this video contains very strong language.

Callea Veda
          Sam/Daniel
          All of Me
          Summary: Even if you aren't a S/D shipper and you see them strictly as friends, I think this video is a very touching look at what Sam may have went through after Meridian and Daniel's death. I thought it was very moving.

Callea Veda
          Sam/Daniel
          Want
          Summary: This is a Grace (Daniel's POV with S/D ship ) video set to a heavy metal song. Honestly, heavy metal isn't my favorite type of music, but I really liked all the cool transitions and special effects throughout this video.

While I was searching for videos I came across this piece of artwork that I really liked. It's a picture of Sam as one of Anubis' guards.

Anubis Guard

Here's another one I like... not sure if the artist is the same Ses from this forum.
          Foothold
          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 August 2005, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            I watched "The Ties That Bind" last night, and didn't even re-watch the 2300 edition to catch the dialogue I lost in the clatter of dinner cleanup - a sad indication of my lack of enthusiasm for the ep in particular and season 9 in general.

I’m increasingly disappointed with season 9, and missing Sam more with every passing episode. ::needs 'depressed and dismayed' icon::

Spoilerish things:
            Spoiler:
            It’s perplexing to me that Sam hasn’t even been mentioned in any of the eps since Avalon 1. Mentioning Sam wouldn’t have meant that Amanda had to be there to be filmed, but it would have made sense. Sam knows a lot about Goa’uld technology; wouldn’t she have been a logical resource to utilize, or at least mention, in terms of getting Vala and Daniel, er, unbound? And, after all, references to Jack were tossed into the script for The Ties That Bind – indeed, an entirely superfluous major showed up for no other reason than to offer Jack’s input (I would have been mightily amused if said major had added “Also, General O’Neill suggests that you stop monopolizing the Asgard commlink sending messages on random vectors trying to raise the Prometheus on her classified maneuvers. I quote: ‘You’re annoying the techs, Hank, not to mention the Asgard advisor, and, since Prometheus is on radio silence, except for emergencies – and Daniel’s high-tech handcuff hangover is not an emergency, by the way – they can’t answer you anyway. Colonel Carter has more important things to tend to out there than getting Dannie out of the longest blind date of his life back here. So cut it out, already. The office of the genius is officially unavailable.’ Shall I give General O’Neill your response, sir?” )

I have to say, in a way, I’ve been glad that Sam hasn’t been in Avalon 2, Origin, and The Ties That Bind, or even been mentioned – at least she can’t logically be associated with, or blamed for, any of the superficial, ill-considered and puerile hijinks therein. Then, last night, watching “The Ties That Bind” it occurred to me that Sam’s getting the classic Stargate ‘when you’re gone, we mention you for one ep, and then we forget you ever existed’ treatment, the only difference being that, thankfully, Sam didn’t have to die to experience it! Apparently, one must be Jack O’Neill to stay alive in the minds and memories of the other characters in the Stargate universe - or, since Joe Spencer rated a mention, maybe it has something to do with the Ancient gene?? If Sam had gotten Dr. Beckett’s gene therapy, and it took, would she have been mentioned on Stargate, too?
            I can so relate to doing dishes through a show as an indication of how much you care about missing it! I so agree with your comment re: Sam
            Spoiler:
            vanishing completely just b/c she's gone from the base. After 8 years together you'd think Daniel would miss her. And since when did Daniel become a tech expert able to override electronic door locks? Maybe he picked up a few things from Sam, but I was waiting for him to say something like "This may take a while--if Sam were here, she'd have us out in a jiffy." Vala could ask: "Who is this Sam you keep talking about?" We wouldn't have to see their conversation, just know that Daniel (& Teal'c for that matter) still cares & maybe keeps in touch. Then when Vala meets Sam, maybe she'd say something like "So you are the Samantha Carter I keep hearing about."--and we'd *know* she'd been mentioned.

Comment

Not to worry ... here I am doing more research for my next S/J fic about that "motorcycle" he was selling in S9 ... and I got such a bargain!

Yep, it's Sam's alright ... perfectly understandable though ... I hear that she's now much more into her new hobby, fishing!
              Righteous!!! Should we start calling you ChopperGal from now on?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                and just think, some of you lucky ladies going to gabit will get to see her get our goodies
                I so read that the wrong way.

I am considering a couple of items, both of which are crap, but it's the best of a bad bunch.
                sigpic-
                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
                  I so read that the wrong way.

LOL - Yes I see what you mean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                    Righteous!!! Should we start calling you ChopperGal from now on?
                    ROTF!! Seems to fit!! Can't green ya I'm afraid - but look your bucket overflows already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      OoOoOoO...while I was checking out the nominations up on Stargate Fanfic awards I came across a really angsty Sam-whumping video called Paradise.

There is a slight suggestion to S/J but overall it's 99% Sam. I'd definitely check it out if you haven't done so already.

Rach0486
                      Sam Whumpage
                      Paradise

Found some more...

Rowan Darkstar
                      Geek!Sam
                      No One

Callea Veda
                      Everybody Loves Sam
                      Last Beautiful Girl

Claris
                      Sam and Janet Friendship
                      Voice Within

Rowan Darkstar
                      Sam/Fifth/Replicarter
                      Passive
                      Warning: Please be advised this video contains very strong language.

Cheers Forever - though I'm missing the link for the first one???

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        Cheers Forever - though I'm missing the link for the first one???
                        Fixed the link and added a few more videos. I'll probably be adding more throughout the day as I find them. I normally try to avoid ship videos because there ae so many of us who prefer Sam with a multitude of people or noone at all, but I really liked the S/D videos I posted on my list because they were very nicely done. I'm not a shipper but I can appreciate the fact that Sam and Daniel love one another( be it as friends or as more through the eyes of the beholder) . I think the Meridian video does a lovely job showing this.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=13083

Comment

Fixed the link and added a few more videos. I'll probably be adding more throughout the day as I find them. I normally try to avoid ship videos because there ae so many of us who prefer Sam with a multitude of people or noone at all, but I really liked the S/D videos I posted on my list because they were very nicely done. I'm not a shipper but I can appreciate the fact that Sam and Daniel love one another( be it as friends or as more through the eyes of the beholder) . I think the Meridian video does a lovely job showing this.

Cheers You're a star!!!

Comment

Ahh geek Sam just finished downloading - great vid - now for Sam Whumpage!!
                            Thanks again Kat!!

Comment

Thanks for posting these, Forever. You're right, the Meridian Video does a great job. And I love the rest, too. Thanks.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally Posted by ChopinGal
                                A Royal Mid-Summer Night's Tale

As the Royal Chef and her devoted staff worked long into the night,

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...andaKitchen.jpg

Samandans were kicking up their heels while waiting for the imminent return of their Queen ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1.../ChorusLine.jpg

Murray and his Merry Minstrels were persuaded to return and provide some great entertainment!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...ndMinstrels.jpg

Royal Head of Security and his able assistants were on top of the situation, and hired additional security patrol for this special night of reveling and frolic ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...ndaSecurity.jpg

The high point of the evening was the unveiling of the six celebratory cakes which Royal Chef had created.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1.../RoyalCakes.jpg

It was hoped that one of these cakes would also provide a future backdrop for the Queen and her not-so-secret admirer. Every Queen deserves a King, especially one who likes cake!

In fact, when weary Samandans went to sleep that night, they could almost picture a certain couple at a certain event ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...RoyalCouple.jpg

With even more dancing and celebration ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...inGal/Dance.jpg

And the groom using his military prowess to cut the royal cake ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...CuttingCake.jpg

However, the best part of the dream was the happy ending!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...l/LoveTheme.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...l/Fireworks.jpg

Not only did the Royal Couple live long and prosper, but the Royal Chef was awarded a special gift for her efforts in making the Samandan Royal Wedding such a memorable occasion!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...amandaStove.jpg
                                This was posted early in the summer as a follow-up to Atteria's creation of her Samandan cakes ...

For the new Samandans, Atteria's official title in the Royal Court is Royal Baker/Chef. She threw herself into her royal duties with great gusto! We had a lot of fun that week teasing Atteria and voting for her cakes.

It seems fitting to bring this fairy tale back up onscreen now ... this one's for you, Atteria! May you heal and be well!

That's why I love this thread...the imagination! I'm just bowled over by the discussions, the pictures, the stories, the poems, but mostly the friendly atmosphere on this thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X