No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! (and the green )

Coley - Midgies are HELL!...and word is...they're gonna be covering the whole UK by the end of the decade...hee hee!

Hell hath no fury like a swarm of midgies!

And...on topic...Anyone care to tell me the Samanda Thread History?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Hey all!

I've been invited to this thread many many MANY times, and I'v finally taken up the offer!

I love Sam and she truely is a great character...She's the only reason I'll be watching season nine!

Well, I hope I have fun here!

sueKay
      Welcome to Samanda, sueKay. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here.

But can I just say how envious I am - Loch Lomond indeed, you lucky, lucky girl...

Comment

Hey guys, I jut visited Amanda's site and gues what, they're holdin' a 2nd contest! this comes directly from her site (www.amandatapping.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone !

This is the second time we organise The Amanda Tapping Contest ! The reason behind this is to show Amanda how much she is appreciated by her fans. Therefore we invite all of you to participate in this contest to show how much we admire her for the variety of work she has done and for the warm welcome she gives her fans at conventions.

Fans from all around the world are asked to submit artwork, fiction, music videos, websites, poetry,… (no matter how small, short, what technique etc) that relate to any and all of the characters Amanda has played and Amanda herself.

The contest submissions will run for about a month, more specific from July to the end of August people will be able to submit their entries. The contest’s submissions will be added to this site
        (http://www.theamandatappingcontest.tk), which is especially made for this project for all to enjoy.

Everything that is submitted to the contest will be presented to Amanda at the Gabit Event in October to show our appreciation and to give Amanda something in return for being the role model of many young-woman, for her lovely smile, warm welcomes and for all the funny moments she has shared with us through conventions, interviews, chats and by watching Stargate.

Good luck to you all !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have time I'll do something 2! And I try to not forget 2 say something about Samanda. Ya never know if our Queen comes by for a lil' visit or a quick look at our thread here at gateworld. (is hoping **so** much)

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Coley - Midgies are HELL!...and word is...they're gonna be covering the whole UK by the end of the decade...hee hee!

Darn these warmer winters!!!

You work on the banks of loch lomond? Can you see Ben Lomond? Floats off on a sea of memories
          Our dear ChopinGal put together a post on the Samandan Court history and I'm sure she'll tell you the post number when she visits next.

Other than that we've just been raving about how Sam's a great character - and how AT is a great actor and having a bit of fun along the way!

Hope you enjoy the thread - post at will!!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! (and the green )

Don't remind me about the midgies - I've got this strange compulsion to start scratching now!!!

As for the history of Samanda, try here for starters...SaGC Index post
            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 06 August 2005, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Hey Jest!

What are you doing READING samfic when you should be WRITING samfic? Tisk, Tisk!!!

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday to Tsaxlady!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Yeah, I watched but was easily distracted during the hour ... like shelling pistachios and reading through my mail ... heavens! I can never remember doing this for prior seasons!

More of the same ... is about what I'd say ... four weeks of "been there, done that, oh hum ... what's next? Sam's coming back when?" (Rechecks thread for the correct day count!)

Spoiler:
                  Trivia question: who was the little lascivious rascal who ran "naked through the woods" with Vala and had an Oedipal complex? I didn't catch actor's name but I know I've seen him around ... ?! And, yes, same feelings about CJ ... the guy is noticeably absent from these early eppies ... maybe he's busy sitting in his trailer writing a new script for the season. Vala and CB ... nothing much has changed ... supposedly, she interjected a bit more about being abused by her own people - now was she a host or not? Is she still trying to con Daniel, etc.? Frankly, I much more enjoyed Sam as a hottie in her scivvies during Broca Divide than Vala in her rose-coloured underwear last night! The most intriguing part of the hour was, what you're thinking too: the cryptic lines about a "new civilian position from Pentagon" which will then take up residence at the SGC as the grand overseer and "big brother" ... I thought of Jack too. How does his present position as Homeworld Security Director play into this inference? We know RDA doesn't want back in ... so they can't make Jack the "overseer" or can they? And we had Dr. Weir but she was replacing Jack and Landry has now replaced Weir, right? So where are they going with the lowered budget and new civilian post? That woke me up a little and I stopped shelling the pistachios ....
                  ChopinGal
                  Spoiler:
                  "little lascivious rascal" is Wallace Shawn who also played in the movie Princes Bride.

Comment

Hey y'all, first of all , welcome SueKay to this thread 'm sure you'll have a very wonderul time here.

2nd, I've made a first "thing" for the 2nd Amanda Tappin contest (see my previous post). Tell me what ya think of it, and yes it may also be negative. You may also give me advice. And yes, I told somethin' about this thread (but I didn't say that we gave her a book with well, Artwork, reactions, poems.... (cause I don't wanna make other fans jelous). Cause it's 2 big for an attachment, I'd like 2 get someone's e-mail adress. That way, he/she can send it to other on this thread OK?

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Hey all!

I've been invited to this thread many many MANY times, and I'v finally taken up the offer!

I love Sam and she truely is a great character...She's the only reason I'll be watching season nine!

Well, I hope I have fun here!

sueKay

Hey girlie friend! I'm a newbie here too! I figured since my other favorite character is going to be few and very far between, I
                      de-lurked a week or two back to hang out here with this great bunch of people!

Comment

Again...thank you for the warm welcome!!!!!!!!!

Ambermoon - good to see ya back at SI!

Hmmm...contest...Think I'll get back to what I do best for that one...Fan Art (sketches)

Maybe I could send the actual one and not a scan!

Hey if I can mail some fan art to a GABIT attendee...they could give it to her in person!

Thankies for the Samanda index...thingumabob (is that the technical term)

you make us in the S/J thread look like a rather muddled up bunch!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon

Hey girlie friend! I'm a newbie here too! I figured since my other favorite character is going to be few and very far between, I
                          de-lurked a week or two back to hang out here with this great bunch of people!
                          Please consider Samanda a "safe shelter" for anyone going through Jack withdrawal ... many Samandans are quite fond of the guy and miss him too! In fact, we did a cute fairytale about a hundred pages back (at least) which you would have enjoyed. There are so many newbies the past couple weeks ... my God it must be the Jack Evac and Shipper Slipaway contingents! Holy Hannah, we welcome all of you poor downtrodden souls ... left adrift without your ship and captain!

So join us as we focus on Sam and her return!

Hic comitas regit ... I'll try to find the Samandan Fairytale to cheer you guys up!

Jester

Comment

Please do!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              If you can't see the pics below, click here (If you can't see the pics, it's because Photobucket is temporarily down for maintenance... however, I also have the pics loaded on my own website)

The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
                              To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
                              On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
                              I just came across this backpost by our Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist (who is vacationing in Hawaii right now).

If you have just joined our thread recently and wonder about "the book" we keep referencing, here are some of the links which will give you a better idea of the project. It was a labor of love for many of us and Astro did the amazing compilation and binding at the end. It was sent to Amanda about three weeks ago.

And, now, back to my search for the Samandan Fairytale!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Most updated version ... a couple new scribes have been added! Original post is #7019, page 351. Yes, Samandans, we have been speeding ahead and growing by leaps and bounds since then!
                                Can I go on the list?
                                sigpic-
                                +I thought I was a fool for no one
                                but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Working...
                                X