Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
    Hi Chelle, welcome back, can't wait to see you and your daughter at AT9.
    Nothing new re Amanda..but she never does stay inactive for long.
    Cheers
    We're looking forward to seeing everyone. xxx
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just watching the SG-1 marathon on Comet TV, and 2010 is on right now. I have to wonder how hard it was for Amanda to do the scene with Teryl where they are talking about why Sam hasn't conceived yet, and the damage that her body has endured. That had to have been really tough.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
        Just watching the SG-1 marathon on Comet TV, and 2010 is on right now. I have to wonder how hard it was for Amanda to do the scene with Teryl where they are talking about why Sam hasn't conceived yet, and the damage that her body has endured. That had to have been really tough.
        I've heard said by several actors that they were taught to channel the very emotions of certain memories in their personal lives to drive the performance they give. The downside to doing it this way is that it can leave the actor devastated at end to the working day. One actor related that she was basically shut down for an entire weekend after filming a particularly grueling scene for an entire week.

As for Amanda I guess it depends when she suffered her first miscarriage. I read somewhere that she had a couple during her time on SG-1 before giving birth to Olivia. And she recently revealed that she had to give up getting pregnant again after suffering several more miscarriages compromised her uterus.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

That scene would not have affected Amanda personally at that time, because she didn't suffer her first miscarriage until late Season 7 or early Season 8, and then she had Olivia at the end of Season 8. I'm not sure, but I think she had two miscarriages within a year before having Olivia. She had 8 miscarriages altogether before her doctors told her to stop trying.

Comment

wow. I hadn't realized it was quite that bad. Olivia really was a miracle baby.

Comment

Fans who would like to come for Saturday only of #AT9 we have today released a limited quantity of day tickets. Please go to www.gabitevents.co.uk for details and to book.
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time since I posted here, but I want everyone to know about a 3 day chance to see What it Takes to be Extraordinary, the documentary about Nepal Orphans Home narrated by Amanda.

From Toni:

We are excited to announce that in honour of World Humanitarian Day - AUGUST 19th, we have a special opportunity to share “What it Takes to be Extraordinary”, our documentary film about the inspirational children of Nepal Orphans Home.
                The film will be available for rent Worldwide for 3 DAYS ONLY with proceeds benefitting more children in need, like the newest & youngest members of our NOH family pictured above.

WHEN TO WATCH:
                Fri. AUGUST 19th
                Sat. AUGUST 20th
                Sun. AUGUST 21st

WHERE TO WATCH:
                www.vimeo.com/ondemand/WhatitTakes

Please feel free to share far & wide, and be sure to tune in next weekend!!! #WhatitTakes
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I didn't get to see the documentary but am hoping there'll be more opportunities to do so.

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So I got a delivery today of the complete series of The Bionic Woman (the original series with Lindsay Wagner) and the first couple of eps are actually the Six Million Dollar Man, as it introduces the bionic woman.
                    Anyhoo, in the opening credits, it's says, "we made him faster, stronger, better" and I was immediately taken back to that SG episode with the SG1 robots, Double Jeopardy.
                    I can't help it - I'm such a doofas like that.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda!

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        So I got a delivery today of the complete series of The Bionic Woman (the original series with Lindsay Wagner) and the first couple of eps are actually the Six Million Dollar Man, as it introduces the bionic woman.
                        Anyhoo, in the opening credits, it's says, "we made him faster, stronger, better" and I was immediately taken back to that SG episode with the SG1 robots, Double Jeopardy.
                        I can't help it - I'm such a doofas like that.
                        how well does it hold up?

Comment

Looks like Amanda is stepping in front of the camera in Budapest.

https://twitter.com/amandatapping/st...718528/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Looks like Amanda is stepping in front of the camera in Budapest.

https://twitter.com/amandatapping/st...718528/photo/1
                            She was there last summer to direct a show (which name I don't recall). Is she there for another show?

Comment

She's directing the same show, 3rd season. I'm guessing they like her

Comment

The show is X Company set during World War II about a set of newly trained spies fighting the Nazis.

Comment

Working...
                                X