Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Hello there RA

    Glad you finally saw Moebius and liked most of it! Geeky Sam - what's not to like? Just type "SPOILER" in your message and scroll down a bit and then type your fave clip - that's the easiest way to do it! The caption pic, I believe, was a repeat of an old, old bit of fun ... definitely add your caption now.

    Excellent observation ... Amanda's range of acting ability is perfectly demonstrated by these two portrayals! I loved them both!

    "Cheesed off" at ending ... why?!
    Hello Jest - check your email

    I liked all of Moebius (thanks for the correct spelling )
    Do I just type "SPOILER" once?
    I have captioned, but not very well
    The ending - already seen that clip in Threads, they could have come up with something different and I would have liked to have seen them all together talking rather than Teal'c and Daniel walk into the scene with nothing to say
    There is also the ship question. If this had been the end of the show the shippers would have been sold a bit short I think?!
    However I loved the concept of the 2 episodes and hope there is more of this sort of stuff in season 9
    And I'm still trying to avoid all the discussion on that!

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Or ... all night!!
      Think you're in the mood for writing "Bikers" and it could well turn into an adult rated fic

      Comment


        Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Or ... all night!!
        You royal hens of Samanda are cracking me up. Sorry I haven't been in too much. It's been crazy busy at work. I hope it slows down soon, & I can stop by more often. In the meantime, hugs and kisses to everyone.

        Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

        Comment


          Thanks to Shimmeringstar for the caption opportunity and a great picture

          And because I know Astro would want to say it

          Sam/At looks fantastic with short hair

          Comment


            Originally posted by jerin
            You royal hens of Samanda are cracking me up. Sorry I haven't been in too much. It's been crazy busy at work. I hope it slows down soon, & I can stop by more often. In the meantime, hugs and kisses to everyone.
            Hang on in there Jerin

            I often lurk and then have no time to post!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Coley
              Just watched Mobeus
              Loved Geek Sam. Thought Amanda did really well with this. Thought she lost it a few times when geek sam had to talk techno, she slipped back into super sam a little, but all in all a great performance. Put geek sam next to replicarter and you can see just how talented Amanda is.
              I have a fave clip, but I'm not sure what the tags are to hide spoilers!!Was a little cheesed off with the ending, but I have the advantage of knowing there's another season!
              Right some fine Samandan put up a caption pic a while back. I'm just off to see if I can find it

              Congrats 1 speed on post 200
              and
              NC post 400
              In your reply, just type [S P O I L E R] with no spaces, followed by your pearls of wisdom, then [/SPOILER] to turn Spoilers off again.

              When you post, it sets up the SPOILERS (Highlight below to read): stuff automatically.

              Chel'nok, eh?

              Geek!1speed
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 27 July 2005, 03:17 PM.

              Comment


                Glad to hear your Dad is doing well, 1speed4Sam! Now I hope Atteria's surgery goes well too.

                In case this has not been posted yet, here is a link (I hope) to Amanda's interview in TV Zone, thanks to Scifigate:

                http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

                It's an interesting inteview---the tone of it. She talks about being a new mom, and how it felt to be back at work (and the adjustment). She talks about how Sam is this season and some changes for how she is playing her, and the new actors. She says that SG1 is a very different entity this year, it's not the SG1 the fans knew, and she hopes fans embrace it.




                This interview took place while they were filming episode 7, so it would be interesting to see what her thoughts are about the show now.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by chocdoc

                  In case this has not been posted yet, here is a link (I hope) to Amanda's interview in TV Zone, thanks to Scifigate:

                  http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

                  It's an interesting inteview---the tone of it. She talks about being a new mom, and how it felt to be back at work (and the adjustment). She talks about how Sam is this season and some changes for how she is playing her, and the new actors. She says that SG1 is a very different entity this year, it's not the SG1 the fans knew, and she hopes fans embrace it.

                  This interview took place while they were filming episode 7, so it would be interesting to see what her thoughts are about the show now.

                  Thanks, choc. This is the first I've gotten to see the entire interview, along wiht the neat photo of Soldier Sam and Daniel.

                  I love that she acknowledges the differences - about herself and the dynamic of the new season. And I like that she is saying that she will be "fierce" in battle, bringing her own new feelings of "mother lion" to her role as Sam. So sounds like we should be in for some exciting scenes! Ya think?!

                  One noticeable quote is that AT included Vala with the grouping of the new team but, as you said, this was around Episode 7 ... I am thinking, though, that Vala will start to extend her contract. It's lookin' that way. If she gains depth after last week's Joan-of-Arc event, then she could develop into something more than the two-dimensional character with the one-liners.That would be very, very good - both for CB and for the show itself.

                  On to Episode Three Friday night!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ChopinGal

                    I love that she acknowledges the differences - about herself and the dynamic of the new season. And I like that she is saying that she will be "fierce" in battle, bringing her own new feelings of "mother lion" to her role as Sam. So sounds like we should be in for some exciting scenes! Ya think?!

                    One noticeable quote is that AT included Vala with the grouping of the new team but, as you said, this was around Episode 7 ... I am thinking, though, that Vala will start to extend her contract. It's lookin' that way. If she gains depth after last week's Joan-of-Arc event, then she could develop into something more than the two-dimensional character with the one-liners.That would be very, very good - both for CB and for the show itself.

                    On to Episode Three Friday night!

                    Me too--I like this "fierce" side coming out!! Soldier Sam sounds like she may be back.

                    I too think that they plan to have Vala back, of course. I can see her as a strong recurring character---we've lost alot of those lately, so we need some KEY recurring chars again.

                    What did you think about her saying she at first didn't know how she fit in, although that changed in a couple of days.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Hey There MG, actually I checked with Geogirl and she just added the words to a screencapture of her own and said "okay" if you want to use it! It's not like she cut and chopped and make an entirely original layout.

                      So, enjoy!
                      LOL Cool! TY much

                      Hmm....there's a nickname I haven't thought of..."MG" Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? lol
                      - Miz

                      Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

                      Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)


                      SG-1
                      Not your average world-saving squad!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Amanda Tapping
                        I've realized that for the first time in my life I'm actually capable of killing and that makes me cry. If anyone tried to lay a finger on my child I'd kill them, and that's quite a revelation.


                        Go Amanda?

                        I like the sound of this new fierce Sam coming in for Season 9 Sounds like we'll see alot of Soldier!Sam back and kicking arse too

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ChopinGal

                          The S9 ratings may be the factor here ... whether SA or SG1 draws the bigger numbers.
                          speaking of ratings - i just read that avalon pt 2 got the same ratings as pt 1. what impresses me with this is that the ptb made a *very* wise decision in hiring ben browder (and cb as part time in amanda's absense). with rda leaving, i'd have done the same thing. no matter how wonderful we know amanda/sam is, the show needed a male replacement and *leading man*. they made a wise choice with ben browder.

                          i also feel them bringing in someone strong like claudia was a good choice to help support daniel's side of the story. these two actors are a huge draw for many scifi fans, and along with the changes in stories for this new season (and new show), they were very smart to bring in the big guns. and this includes beau bridges and lou gossett jr. (i really believe the show needed the 'boost' with rda gone and amanda missing the first few eps. can you imagine these first eps being daniel and teal'c centric alone. )


                          sally
                          sally

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by chocdoc
                            Glad to hear your Dad is doing well, 1speed4Sam! Now I hope Atteria's surgery goes well too.

                            In case this has not been posted yet, here is a link (I hope) to Amanda's interview in TV Zone, thanks to Scifigate:

                            http://www.scifigate.net/tappingtvzonespecial.php

                            It's an interesting inteview---the tone of it. She talks about being a new mom, and how it felt to be back at work (and the adjustment). She talks about how Sam is this season and some changes for how she is playing her, and the new actors. She says that SG1 is a very different entity this year, it's not the SG1 the fans knew, and she hopes fans embrace it.




                            This interview took place while they were filming episode 7, so it would be interesting to see what her thoughts are about the show now.
                            Great interview. Thanks for passing it along. I'm glad that awkward feeling went away quickly for her and she's glad to be back at work. I can see where their having worked together for 5 or 6 weeks and having gotten to know each other put her at a bit of a disadvantage for a couple of days. But you know, from what we know about her, how could she *not* fit in and have the new gang fall for her?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Coley
                              Just watched Mobeus
                              Loved Geek Sam. Thought Amanda did really well with this. Thought she lost it a few times when geek sam had to talk techno, she slipped back into super sam a little, but all in all a great performance. Put geek sam next to replicarter and you can see just how talented Amanda is.
                              I'll have to look at that again, but at the time I remember thinking she got more confident sounding b/c Geeky Sam would be most comfortable talking about science and kind of forget about being nervous. But I agree, she really does pull off these different characters well. Her Replicarter is chilling.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by majorsal
                                speaking of ratings - i just read that avalon pt 2 got the same ratings as pt 1. what impresses me with this is that the ptb made a *very* wise decision in hiring ben browder (and cb as part time in amanda's absense). with rda leaving, i'd have done the same thing. no matter how wonderful we know amanda/sam is, the show needed a male replacement and *leading man*. they made a wise choice with ben browder.

                                i also feel them bringing in someone strong like claudia was a good choice to help support daniel's side of the story. these two actors are a huge draw for many scifi fans, and along with the changes in stories for this new season (and new show), they were very smart to bring in the big guns. and this includes beau bridges and lou gossett jr. (i really believe the show needed the 'boost' with rda gone and amanda missing the first few eps. can you imagine these first eps being daniel and teal'c centric alone. )


                                sally

                                Yes, I agree. They made some good cast additions to keep the ratings thus far on par with the average of season eight (2.1). And Part 3 is coming up, so they should be able to maintain the ratings. Looking good so far!!

                                What I don't get is the drop for SGA, and even more the HUGE drop for BSG!! What is that? Why did Scifi lose viewers after SG1? And BSG has never been this low. Every so often SG1 would beat SGA in ratings last year, but I don't get the drop for BSG over the night.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X