Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Samanda, melpomene!

If you have the time to check back on our thread, go to top of Page 442 where Astrog has posted a summary of the important information about Samanda. It's your Guide to the Kingdom!

Court Jester

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
      Without wishing to be too downbeat / cynical, how about:-

Stargate SG-Done

or

Stargate SG-Gone

Why? Er, because I'm downbeat and cynical...

On a more upbeat note,

Congrats NC on 400 posts!!!

And on an even more upbeat note, I'm pleased to report that I've spoken to my Dad this morning, and he seems to be fine (if a wee bit uncomfortable) after his surgery yesterday.

Thanks to my fellow Samandans for their kind thoughts and prayers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're all very lovely people.

Hic Comitas Regit indeed.

Peace and love,

1speed
      I'm so very happy to hear about your Dad, 1s4S. I hope he continues with an uneventful and complete recovery!!!!

Also congrats (belated) on post 200!
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohper
        Hey Sam fans!

I made this for the "Crossovers in Photoshop" thread over in General... thought you all might like it

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/9...rcarter9ue.gif

We all know she's a real Wonder Woman anyway...
        LOVE it! Thanks!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          And on an even more upbeat note, I'm pleased to report that I've spoken to my Dad this morning, and he seems to be fine (if a wee bit uncomfortable) after his surgery yesterday.

Thanks to my fellow Samandans for their kind thoughts and prayers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you're all very lovely people.

1speed
          That's great news indeed. Sending you hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Just watching The Nox last night and it's so neat to see the little things which stood out ... like the little Nefrayu staring at Sam so lovingly and Jack teasing in the background "No, Carter, you can't take him home" ... and how young AT was! How she and all of them have literally grown into their characters and the whole maturity factor. I love that the show has lasted long enough to take us on that kind of trip. Everything about that episode was fresh and funny and thoughtful. It was team-centric and I cared!
            I noticed that scene last night, too. I agree 110% w/ your post.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Some excellent posts on the format and the projected expectations of whether Stargate will, indeed, continue to be more focused on a small group of stars (old and new players) as the team itself, or branch off into the ensemble-cast model of SA.

So, contingent on the original stars' future plans after S9 and the performance of the newcomers, I'm still favoring the idea of a team of four backed up by the SGC homebase and a couple bigger-than-life villains. Let's see if that is sustainable.

The S9 ratings may be the factor here ... whether SA or SG1 draws the bigger numbers.
              I don't watch SA (it's not on a channel that I have), but I prefer the team to an all cast. I remember when watching "Heroes". There was lots of time spent with SG-13 and I was like "who are those guys ?" "Where's MY team ?"

So the idea of a series on multiple teams doesn't appeal to me. It would probably be too much and less time to get to know and appreciate them. I like to watch MY team interact with their friends, collegues, even villains.

Nice to hear that your father's doing well 1speed
              sigpic
              There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
              If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
              If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
              If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                As for AT as a cop, she would definitely be great and very ''!
                Oh yeah. All she'd have to do is pair up with Mariska Hargitay and it would be one cool show.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Oh yeah. All she'd have to do is pair up with Mariska Hargitay and it would be one cool show.

now that would kick bootie!!!
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    now that would kick bootie!!!
                    I'd love to see Amanda on L&O: SVU, either as a cop or lawyer. She'd be awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

I think you just made Agent Dark's day

NC

Comment

Congratulations, Nearly Circular, on 400 posts!

Congratulations, 1speed4sam, on 200 posts!

Glad to hear your dad is doing well too!

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        I know that there have been plans for a direct to DVD movie but they have been put on hold for a couple of years for different reasons. They have a script that fits in an earlier season that they were going to do as a direct to DVD movie last year but it was scraped due to AT's pregnancy according to Joe. They may try and make it at some point in the future or do one with a different script. I would love to see what they could produce with the budget of a movie as opposed to a tv show.
                        Heck, I'm just hoping for 1-2 projects a year.....thinking that shooting schedule might be small enough to lure RDA back! They can keep the production quality right where it is as far as I'm concerned!

I appreciate the info from JM. Interesting.....

Stay cool (literally!)! We already know you're cool in the "Be Cool!" sense!

Comment

Oh yea AT on L&O: SVU would be great.

Congratulations 1speed4Sam on post 200

Glad to hear your dad is doing well.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here are a cople new season 9 pictures with Sam. Looks like they do go offworld this year in the black uniforms.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Here are a cople new season 9 pictures with Sam. Looks like they do go offworld this year in the black uniforms.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6700/sam0dy.jpg
                              http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7...mdaniel8ug.jpg
                              Cool! Thanks for posting them. Where did you find them?

Comment

It was a made for TV mini series called "Degree of Guilt". AT was in the first half of the movie a couple of times. It was the first time I have seen her in something were she was not a scientist/doctor (no techno-babble). The release date on the movie is 1995.
                                I was excited to find that I could rent it through Netflix, so it's on my list of movies to watch soon!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X