X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    Amanda tweeting from Shore Leave

Any recaps and/or pics?
    Not that I've seen yet. There was 1 of Gary the Duck sitting on the stool, because Amanda was running late. lol Sam1helen has already been begged/needled about vids and such lol

Comment

Apparently cameras are banned from the q and a's at shoreleave so no vids.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        This photo from Hell in a Handbag surfaced some days ago, I don't think I've seen it here yet:
        http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/hell-handbag.jpg
        Source
        Now the question is - is she a good nun, or a bad nun...I mean Mother Superior...either way she looks as if she's been shot/injured...so good or bad girl????
        I hope we get to see it. Thank you for the pic.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          Apparently cameras are banned from the q and a's at shoreleave so no vids.
          I have been to Shore Leave a few times in the past and video taping has never been allowed but taking still pictures was allowed. If they are not allowing camera's at all this year then it must mean they have had to many problems with people breaking the rule of no video taping.

I know people who are at the con it will be interested in hearing what they have to say. It could just be they are to busy having fun and enjoying the con to post pictures.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            Now the question is - is she a good nun, or a bad nun...I mean Mother Superior...either way she looks as if she's been shot/injured...so good or bad girl????
            According to this article, Amanda plays a
            Spoiler:
            " tough-as-nails mother superior"
            - I guess we'll just have to wait and see whether that makes her a good or a bad girl

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              I have been to Shore Leave a few times in the past and video taping has never been allowed but taking still pictures was allowed. If they are not allowing camera's at all this year then it must mean they have had to many problems with people breaking the rule of no video taping.

I know people who are at the con it will be interested in hearing what they have to say. It could just be they are to busy having fun and enjoying the con to post pictures.
              Xsam1helenx has posted a video, not sure how they (she?) got around the rules. I'm only going by something EH-T said so I could easily be wrong.

I'm wrong. I confused Shoreleave and Chicago Con. Sorry.
              Last edited by neverendingimagination; 04 August 2013, 04:46 AM.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Last time I went to shore leave was many years ago, and yes, you coud take pics. However, I also know that shatner was there yesterday, may or may not have had anything to do with it...and yes, those that take video instead of photos may have resulted in the rules being changed to ban all cameras.

who knows.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  I like to think she plays a 'kick-ass' nun
                  Last edited by Mandysg1; 04 August 2013, 10:33 AM.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

There are a few pictures on Twitter of Amanda from yesterday's signing. I just typed in Shore Leave in the search box and they came up; a couple from Dennys Ilic and two or three from somebody else.
                    sigpic

Comment

This OT so I'm going to spoiler it for length. It is to do with supporting S4K so I'd appreciate it if you take a look.

Spoiler:

I've finally finished my website! I'm really quite proud of it, all coded from start to finish by myself, no templates involved.

Here's the link!

(It's also in my sig.)

I've got something I'd like you guys to read and pass on. I've lifted it directly from my blog post.

First I want to tell you about my Supporting S4K collection on redbubble . I have posted my digital paintings of The Women of SG1 and Samantha Carter, and they are currently for sale in card and print formats. This collection was created to support Sanctuary 4 Kids. The charity co-founded by Amanda Tapping to provide support, education and nutrition to under-privileged children around the world. Any money I make - after redbubble take their cut - will be donated on a monthly basis to S4K. When my Helen Magnus painting is completed it will join the Gallery.

I have some ideas for t-shirts, and redbubble also produce custom iphone and ipad cases, calendars and stickers. I am working towards creating a full collection of custom images, relevant to Amanda and her work, across the various products avaliable. For example, SG1, Sanctuary, Space Milkshake, and the Penguins (the nickname Sam and Jack shippers affectionately known by. )

I am now calling to other artists, photographers and designers out there. If you have works you would like to add to this collection I would greatly appreciate it. I have copies of the relevant templates and would be happy to send them out to anyone interested. If there are enough people interested it then I will remove the collection and create a redbubble account dedicated to Support S4K.

If you are interested of have any suggestions, or ideas, then please contact me at [email protected] or tweet me @nendingimagination.

I thought it would be really nice to be able to get 'Supporting S4K' off the ground and going so I have something to talk about at AT7. If anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be interested please pass it on and get in touch.

Any advice, ideas, etc appreciated.
                      Last edited by neverendingimagination; 04 August 2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Amanda being her usual adorable self at Shore Leave this weekend:

Fan: Did you ever slip back into Carter in Sanctuary?"

Amanda: “I don’t think I ever felt like I was slipping back into Carter"

Amanda: “I mean, I think they probably have the same right hook, you know…"

Amanda: “But, ah… that could be mine too, growing up with three brothers"

Amanda: “giggling"

Source: xXsam1HelenXx’s video

Comment

Awww you're killing me with adorableness!!!!

I so have to see this video!!!
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

I just finished watching the video of Amanda's first panel at Shoreleave.

This lady is truly amazing and I've got so much respect for her! The way she portrayed Sam Carter was life changing for me and this video brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad she put her foot down regarding Sam's outfit! And seeing her so emotional when talking about it, makes me even more emotional. This shows how hard it can be for us women in a male dominated world and I'm so proud of Amanda she didn't give in and gave us a wonderful role model to look up to.

Also the part where she speaks about Olivia and that she hopes she can be her role model is so beautiful. There's so much love!

I couldn't have wished for a better role model myself Sam Carter is my hero and Amanda is my guardian angel! I love her so much!
                            sigpic
                            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

I watched the videos of yesterdays panel and someone asked, If Sam had been the one stuck in the time loop what do you think she would have done?

Amanda replied, 'we wouldn't waste our time going fishing' and she said 'I think Sam would take the opportunity ... find a linen closet to drag Jack into.'

(not the exact words in the right order but that was the gist of it)

Comment

Oh, nei - thanks for sharing - I really have to find and watch that panel video too

Comment

Working...
                                X