Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of tweets from Dennys Ilic

In Vangroovy with some amazing peoplesez listening to awesome music with @amandatapping @RyRobbins @karynbaltzer <3 pic.twitter.com/caDIa9H606

Denden and the angel, Amanda Tapping - Vancouver 2013 http://instagram.com/p/cTRezRigRl/
    And from Amanda and her first tweet here is in relation to Dennys' first tweet above.

Yes that's my guitar. And he plays it well. Xoxo

And now uncle @ryrobbins teaches Liv the "Spanish" cord. Xo http://pic.twitter.com/lUjKoj8JzO

You should be here too!! xoxoxo RT @DavidBlue: @RyRobbins @amandatapping aww. Hugs to all.

Hanging with the roadies @dennydenn. Music and laughter. All good in this world. http://pic.twitter.com/h8L2CSFe9k
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      It's funny. I always thought that "prOHcess" was the British way of saying it, but my Scottish bf says "prAWcess" the same as Americans do!

Btw, does AT realise her "so excited" tweet coincides with ship day?
      Maybe we can get her to lurk on the Ship Day thread.

Comment

That would be something. My first Ship Day, and it is with AT. Though it won't happen, the thought is good too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Not quite. In the move to my new office a part went missing and my speakers don't work so I haven't even heard the video clip! Need to go get new speakers!
          Could be like what I did today. I thought my phone charger was broken as the charge kept dropping out. Turned out the extension cord was coming out of the power socket - only took my 17y/o to figure it out for me. Whoops!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A tweet from Dennys Ilic that has Amanda playing her guitar, now if only there was video.

lol this was fast work! NICE! "@Sanctuaryhypnow: @amandatapping @RyRobbins @karynbaltzer together last night! xo http://pic.twitter.com/6zgrKpcav7

Comment

Makes me want to get my guitar out now. (It's an electric guitar, purchased from my brother after he gave up learning it after a few months and it had been sat collecting dust for a couple of years.)
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Someone needs to bring a guitar to AT7! can you imagine jamming with all of them?

The picture of Ryan with Olivia is cute. Oliva seems so big now!

Anyway, the real reason I came over was to say that Amanda ROCKED the continuum ep tonight - there was pretty much one of the most intense fight scenes to date, and done tastefully.

I also liked that aside from one really cool shot (we know she likes the techno crane!) it did not scream "Amanda Tapping is directing!!" - what I meant was I was completely absorbed by the characters and storytelling, even though I was trying to pay attention to the directing. She seems to have a real talent for really illustrating the story and the characters and putting that first.

If continuum does a DVD, I'd REALLY like for her to do a commentary on this rather epic episode.

Comment

Wowza! What happened to Continuum last night! It was EPIC!!!!

I agree with Picardythirds! That fight scene!!! OMG! The whole sequence had me on the tip of my seat! It all flowed so well and although I'm not an expert in directing I believe having so many people in the scene must have been a challenge.

I've always thought Amanda was a great director but I have to say that IMO this episode was her best to date! This lady is talented!

Hands down!
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Agree with both of you: it was a great episode, probably one of my favorites from Continuum.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'd forgotten that this was her episode to direct...I was too enthralled with the episode to think about directing, which shows great directing
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                        Someone needs to bring a guitar to AT7! can you imagine jamming with all of them?

The picture of Ryan with Olivia is cute. Oliva seems so big now!

Anyway, the real reason I came over was to say that Amanda ROCKED the continuum ep tonight - there was pretty much one of the most intense fight scenes to date, and done tastefully.

I also liked that aside from one really cool shot (we know she likes the techno crane!) it did not scream "Amanda Tapping is directing!!" - what I meant was I was completely absorbed by the characters and storytelling, even though I was trying to pay attention to the directing. She seems to have a real talent for really illustrating the story and the characters and putting that first.

If continuum does a DVD, I'd REALLY like for her to do a commentary on this rather epic episode.
                        IIRC AT has said she will never play her guitar in public.

I agree with all the comments on the Contiuum episode. AT did an excellent job. Have to say though, everytime I see that show I think AT would be great as the lead.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          IIRC AT has said she will never play her guitar in public.

I agree with all the comments on the Contiuum episode. AT did an excellent job. Have to say though, everytime I see that show I think AT would be great as the lead.
                          AT did a great job with Continuum; imho it's her best job so far as a director. About her not playing her guitar in public, I'm sure the fans could entice her at AT7 with a nice donation for "Sanctuary for Kids"

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                            AT did a great job with Continuum; imho it's her best job so far as a director. About her not playing her guitar in public, I'm sure the fans could entice her at AT7 with a nice donation for "Sanctuary for Kids"
                            I dunno... I remember seeing the interview where she said she'd never play in public, and I don't think it would be very respectful of us fans to pressure her into it. I hate to be the buzzkill here, but even if she DID agree to perform (because obviously she would want the donation) it would still be a violation of her wishes, wouldn't it?

I figure if she wants to reserve her guitar playing for close family and friends, let her. She gives enough to the fans, doesn't she?

Comment

Not. Going. To. Happen!

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                I dunno... I remember seeing the interview where she said she'd never play in public, and I don't think it would be very respectful of us fans to pressure her into it. I hate to be the buzzkill here, but even if she DID agree to perform (because obviously she would want the donation) it would still be a violation of her wishes, wouldn't it?

I figure if she wants to reserve her guitar playing for close family and friends, let her. She gives enough to the fans, doesn't she?
                                I agree.

I keep my music to myself, it's rare I'll play in front of anyone (although I'm more likely to play an instrument than sing in front of anyone). It's my release and its private. I can completely understand her only playing in private. It's completely unfair to even think about trying to pressurize her into it.
                                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X