Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    OT

watching primeval new world.....there are dinosaurs around Jack's cabin.
    Yeah, that was fun--after having been there myself it was easy to picture that darn dino coming out of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
      What if Replicarter trapped the real Sam and took her place? How long would it take for folks to realize it wasn't the real Sam and how long would it take for real Sam to escape the trap? Has anyone written a fic like that?

donamac
      I honestly don't think it would take long. Jack always notices the little things Sam does/says and Replicarter would be slightly off-kilter (remember, she used Pete, not Jack, to convince Sam she was happily retired - hence the red flag! If she'd been a good judge of Sam's true emotions, she would've used Jack) Daniel is a good study of people and Teal'c is really observant. Just my 2 cents

As for fics, I'm not sure, sorry I can't help more.
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i'd have liked her to *really* act out against baal, seeing as he tortured and killed jack over and over...
        as fun as it was to see her punch him in the face, that was nothing in what he really deserved.
        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Nah, revenge is just so petty.
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        As bizarre as it sounds, what happened to jack is....kinda part of the job. Not fun, not what you want a friend to experience, but part of the job. Just like what fifth did to Sam, and Terok to Teal'c.
        There's getting even and getting even, and while I'm sure Sam hates what Ba'al did, I don't see her going Jaffa revenge. Even though Kanaan was 'driving', Jack was captured in a mission gone bad.
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        True, I don't see her going the Jaffa revenge route either, but if the opportunity was there, she would do something, I don't think right out kill, but maybe shoot in the leg
        But it'd still be fun to see Sam go nuts once and a while. I could see her seek revenge if pushed hard enough - I don't see her doing it slowly tho...I think Sam would do it quickly & quietly. I don't think she's so in control that she wouldn't snap....she is human after all.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

What if Replicarter trapped the real Sam and took her place? How long would it take for folks to realize it wasn't the real Sam and how long would it take for real Sam to escape the trap? Has anyone written a fic like that?

donamac
          I've read several fics like that but unfortunately I'm really bad with titles and author names. The good ones I usually remember, so the fics probably weren't the best out there but maybe someone else in the fanfiction subforum can help you further.

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          I honestly don't think it would take long. Jack always notices the little things Sam does/says and Replicarter would be slightly off-kilter (remember, she used Pete, not Jack, to convince Sam she was happily retired - hence the red flag! If she'd been a good judge of Sam's true emotions, she would've used Jack) Daniel is a good study of people and Teal'c is really observant. Just my 2 cents

As for fics, I'm not sure, sorry I can't help more.
          Actually, that was Fifth, not RepliCarter and I wouldn't be surprised if RepliCarter could manage to fool everyone, but it would depend on the setting (which season, as the team sometimes seems closer than others) etc. too. I just don't think RepliCarter would have the patience to do it (at least not for long) and I'm not sure what she would gain by it anyway.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            But it'd still be fun to see Sam go nuts once and a while. I could see her seek revenge if pushed hard enough - I don't see her doing it slowly tho...I think Sam would do it quickly & quietly. I don't think she's so in control that she wouldn't snap....she is human after all.
            i did this story once (in my head ) where these creatures were attacking sg1 by literally leaching onto their brains and making them see/feel extreme emotions, b/c they fed off them. with sam, they made her see jack being tortured... but when she held off, they made her see cassie. that sent sam off, and then the creatures were having a banquet.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

What Amanda's been doing so far this summer.

Spending my days hiking and exploring with my girl and her cousin and my family and loving every second of it! Hope you are all well. Xo
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Amanda replying to XFChemist's excitement

So excited!! Sunday July 28th Canada!! Xo RT @XFchemist: can't wait to see the next episode of @ContinuumSeries directed by @amandatapping
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

donamac
                  Try Mimesis by Annerb

Comment

This is from Gillian Horvath's twitter account (pretty good for a luddite, eh?):

RT @PrimevalNewWrld Did you know Saturday's ep was directed by @AmandaTapping? She takes you behind the scenes: http://youtu.be/xwLz3DmGjMQ

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      This is from Gillian Horvath's twitter account (pretty good for a luddite, eh?):

RT @PrimevalNewWrld Did you know Saturday's ep was directed by @AmandaTapping? She takes you behind the scenes: http://youtu.be/xwLz3DmGjMQ
                      This episode was on two week's ago.

Comment

Congrats to the Luddite, you got the link right
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          This episode was on two week's ago.
                          I know it was from a while ago but my point was to post the link rather than the information about the episode. I didn't have time to post the link then. I don't recall seeing it posted here so I did it now.
                          Last edited by EH-T; 25 July 2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Yay...well done EH-T - maybe it's time you graduate from luddite to former-luddite status!
                              I hadn't seen that clip before so that was great - thank you!!

Was it me or did it sound as though Amanda slipped into her British accent at the end when she said (?) couldn't come out of the dog crate?
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Was it me or did it sound as though Amanda slipped into her British accent at the end when she said (?) couldn't come out of the dog crate?
                                Yep, she totally did! I love how they were obviously getting along splendidly, even to the point of joking like that with each other
                                Then again, how can you not love Amanda?

Comment

Working...
                                X