Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something from the S4K twitter

I just voted for Amanda Tapping at http://CelebCharityChallenge.org You can vote too for a chance to meet a celeb--charities benefit! #AmandaTapping
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Seems like a day for reunions, Donamac.

Hi Everyone. I hope those going to AT6 have safe and uneventful travels. I see AT and RDA are still winning awards, good for them.

I can't believe it, but I think this is the first time in 15 years (since 1997) that I haven't watched a Stargate SG1 episode for a year. They've all been packed away as I remodel. After seeing the montage of "Role Models", I think it is time to break out the DVDs and watch some kick@$$ babes! Or at least one of them

Those role models are getting some age the shows. Babylon5 was early 1990s? Who will the next role model be? Am I missing a good scifi show with strong female characters? I'm watching Castle that has Kate Beckett (she would fit on that graphic), but my first love is still scifi. Seems cop shows are de rigeur these days. (See Eh-T, I can speak French too )

Hope all is well. I do notice there was a "hair" post within the last page or two. Is there still that many hair posts or is it I have just impeccable timing? Jckfan5, saw you on there too. Did you start that thread? Or did Mandy?

Take care all,
      HiSG1Fans
      HI! from Seattle!! Remodeling is a pain but worth it in the end. One of my friends (Stargate) Deb, was going to remodel and ended up completely tearing her house down and rebuilding a very cool new house. I think it was easier than an extensive remodel. I'm in a rental now. Landlord pays for all the improvements--lovely!! New porches front and back and all painted white on this shingle house. It looks wonderful. So much building and tearing down in this neighborhood I hardly noticed that some was going on in this house. Stargate CDs are getting worn out I play them so much. And I LOVE Castle! Such a different character from Firefly--he cleans up well Also love the Mentalist. Favorite still is NCIS--Mark Harmon, lovely!

Hugs, Donamac

Comment

From Amanda's twitter and I did vote for her

Wow! 6th!! so close! vote! xo RT @1harmoniouslife: @amandatapping is still in 6th??!!... COME ON !!!people. Vote at http://CelebCharityChallenge.org
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          From Amanda's twitter and I did vote for her
          Hopefully she will get a huge vote boost now, a lot of us on twitter have been voting for her daily, and it's amazing that when it started she was no.87. The votes roll over each challenge so we will get her to number 1 eventually
          sigpic
          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Holiday Card Exchange

Yep, it's that time again. Well, it is a bit early, but with a lot of folks heading off to a con later this month, figured might as well do it early.

Anyone is eligible to participate.

The card exchange is: You send me your snail mail address (complete with name.....unless you want mail coming addressed to your Gateworld alter ego), I'll collect those names and around the end of November, mail the list out to everyone that sent in their address. Your commitment.....you send a card to every person on the list and they'll send one to you.

These don't have to be fancy cards. They can be cheapies bought at the dollar store, people in the past have home made cards, so don't think you have to shell out $3 each at Hallmark.

There is a financial commitment in the postage though. Gonna cost roughly .50 each to mail in the US, $1 each to mail over seas (US postage rates, I know other countries postage rates are higher)

We usually get 20ish participants, so please consider that in your budget. I know time and money are tight and I don't want anyone to get in over their head.

This is open to any participant of the Sam threads but 100000% voluntary.

If you're interested, PM or e-mail me your name and postal address. I'll send the lists out around the end of November to give you plenty of time to get cards in the mail. (I'll get a specific deadline date here soon as I look at a calendar)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

European postage rates are about €0.80 cents for within Europe and €0.95 for worldwide, I think. At least they are in my country, not sure if they vary wildly for other (European) countries.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

For Canadian fans, Match Game is now showing on the Comedy Network. One episode with AT and RD is to air tomorrow.

Gotta love Canadian games shows where contestants can win $2,000.00 Canadian!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh cool Eh-T, thanks for the head's up!
                  Here's hoping I actually set the correct thing to tape...

For any Canadians wanting to join the Card Exchange, postage to the US is $1.05, and International is $1.80. Thanks Sky for organising it again - I was just thinking about it (and the fact that more than a few of us will be travelling shortly...) Also, I found out from the postmistress a few days ago that if you prepurchase your stamps, you pay tax on them. However if you bring all your cards to the post office and stamp them there instead, no tax! Cool, eh? (Hey, when you send as many cards/postcards as I do at the prices of our stamps, every little bit helps, trust me!)

*bounces out*
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Anyone here ever done Creation Con in Chicago con before?

Comment

Went to every single one until 3 years ago. Had go choose between Chicago and Vancouver. No contest
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Chicago creation con isn't horrible. It's just expensive, tedious, boring and impersonal

Autos were crammed through, waited about 5 hours for mine. the biggest upside is that there is/was a target next door for any bits and pieces you need (assuming same hotel)

wouldn't rush back, but wasn't my worst con experience

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Chicago creation con isn't horrible. It's just expensive, tedious, boring and impersonal

Autos were crammed through, waited about 5 hours for mine. the biggest upside is that there is/was a target next door for any bits and pieces you need (assuming same hotel)

wouldn't rush back, but wasn't my worst con experience
                          They changed hotels the year after I was last there.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Good to know.

If you go to a con like that you just go knowing that it's a number's game. The more people they can get in the door and get through is more money. And they will maximize it as much as they can and will push the boundaries of what they can pull off.

they're not bad or mean or evil. It's just a living for them, and how they make their living. they need to eat and pay their bills so they need to make sure they make enough money to pay the bills and have enough to pay themselves.

sigpic

Comment

the actor from 'supernatural that plays an angel (cas, played by misha collins) posted a pic of amanda today, from his twitter account.

http://twitpic.com/b6uo2x

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                the actor from 'supernatural that plays an angel (cas, played by misha collins) posted a pic of amanda today, from his twitter account.

http://twitpic.com/b6uo2x

Cute.

I may have miscalculated, but I think there are three more episodes until Amanda's episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X