No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi bev, how ya been. can't wait to see you again. will be in edinburgh again but only one night.

Comment

I wonder tho, if Amanda will head home again before AT6 considering AT6 is still 30 days away...unless she's packed up Alan & Olivia for a long holiday. I suspect the Paris trip will just be for the Jules Verne event then she'll go home before heading back to London in November. Of course I'm just speculating...who knows.

As for the perfection thing...it's not hard to want to believe that Amanda has reached perfection with what we read/hear/see but I really do try to look at her as being not much different than the rest of us. For those of us with families and those with careers, we can all take a page out of the perfection book and apply it to ourselves...we're not all that different - we just don't have it put under a beautiful spotlight. Am I wrong? I like to think that everyone here has many special qualities as Amanda does...we just don't discuss it coz this is the Amanda Tapping thread. But I have met & spoken to some of the Samandans here & they're are remarkably beautiful people just like Amanda...they just don't have it publicised. JMHO.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        And I think rick i in Paris, based on his tweets anyway. Are they doing a con together?
        Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        They're both in Paris for the Jules Verne Awards
        And with Michael Shanks promoting in Cannes it's a real "French Working Vacation" for 3/4 of the Original SG-1

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

As for the perfection thing...it's not hard to want to believe that Amanda has reached perfection with what we read/hear/see but I really do try to look at her as being not much different than the rest of us. For those of us with families and those with careers, we can all take a page out of the perfection book and apply it to ourselves...we're not all that different - we just don't have it put under a beautiful spotlight. Am I wrong? I like to think that everyone here has many special qualities as Amanda does...we just don't discuss it coz this is the Amanda Tapping thread. But I have met & spoken to some of the Samandans here & they're are remarkably beautiful people just like Amanda...they just don't have it publicised. JMHO.

I see it this way too. She's not perfect. She's no angel to worship. She's just a wonderful woman with a warm and kind heart who makes far more friends than she does enemies.

She's just a woman that puts her pants on one leg at a time, who gets flat tires on the car, who gets headaches, who gets grumpy and tired, who gets 'wonky tummies'. Who goes grocery shopping and bakes pies and who gets pie plates for an anniversary gift.

She's just a woman. NO more special than any one of us. She just has a more high profile job and the ability to touch more people than any of us do.

She's just a person, and I hope we never forget that.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

I agree with Chelle and Sky, I try hard not to put Amanda up on a pedestal to much, because to my mind it her 'normalcy' that makes her inspirational. Its the fact that I can look at Amanda and not just dream about being like her, I can actually follow in her footsteps in some small ways like, smiling at someone, giving the students I volunteer with, verbal directions (I'm unable to physically assist them), words of encouragement and positive reinforcement so that before they leave that lesson they are proud of their own achievements no matter how small. I've learned from Amanda and many others here that there are many ways to help or inspire someone, I can make a difference, just by using my words.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I wonder tho, if Amanda will head home again before AT6 considering AT6 is still 30 days away...unless she's packed up Alan & Olivia for a long holiday. I suspect the Paris trip will just be for the Jules Verne event then she'll go home before heading back to London in November. Of course I'm just speculating...who knows.

Well said and true. The vast majority of individuals I have met through Stargate/Sanctuary fandom are wonderful people. Some would say we are a reflection of AT (and the other actors) but they are also a reflection of us. We admire them because they share similar qualities with us. I have no admiration for the "reality" TV "stars" who make a living behaving badly because I find no qualities in them to admire.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              And with Michael Shanks promoting in Cannes it's a real "French Working Vacation" for 3/4 of the Original SG-1

Deeds xx
              We need a reunion!

I see it this way too. She's not perfect. She's no angel to worship. She's just a wonderful woman with a warm and kind heart who makes far more friends than she does enemies.

She's just a woman that puts her pants on one leg at a time, who gets flat tires on the car, who gets headaches, who gets grumpy and tired, who gets 'wonky tummies'. Who goes grocery shopping and bakes pies and who gets pie plates for an anniversary gift.

She's just a woman. NO more special than any one of us. She just has a more high profile job and the ability to touch more people than any of us do.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Hey everyone,

I agree with Chelle and Sky, I try hard not to put Amanda up on a pedestal to much, because to my mind it her 'normalcy' that makes her inspirational. Its the fact that I can look at Amanda and not just dream about being like her, I can actually follow in her footsteps in some small ways like, smiling at someone, giving the students I volunteer with, verbal directions (I'm unable to physically assist them), words of encouragement and positive reinforcement so that before they leave that lesson they are proud of their own achievements no matter how small. I've learned from Amanda and many others here that there are many ways to help or inspire someone, I can make a difference, just by using my words.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Well said.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey everyone,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                When I saw Amanda last month, I was still super starstruck, but I found myself to be a little relaxed, because I had met her before, and I had an idea of what to expect. She was mega kind and sweet, and so nice to my friends and I. When we gave her the fan birthday card, she looked so happy, and of course we explained all the places it went to around the world, and she had a look of pride on her face. I then thanked her for being an amazing role-model and for what she's done for my best friend.

Amanda's not someone to be worshiped, but she does deserve a lot of the praise she gets.

Comment

Amanda tweeting for the upcoming S4K auction

@sanctuary4kids auction starts this Friday October 12th!! Great one of a kind items from Magnus office, costume pieces and more! Pls Bid! Xo
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                    Amanda tweeting for the upcoming S4K auction
                    Auction? Squirrel!

Comment

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Well said and true. The vast majority of individuals I have met through Stargate/Sanctuary fandom are wonderful people. Some would say we are a reflection of AT (and the other actors) but they are also a reflection of us. We admire them because they share similar qualities with us. I have no admiration for the "reality" TV "stars" who make a living behaving badly because I find no qualities in them to admire.
                        or have qualities we admire so.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          or have qualities we admire so.
                          I find that the qualities I admire in AT I have found in most of the fans I have met. Kind, thoughtful, generous, funny, socially aware, compassionate, talented, etc.

Comment

Some very beautiful thoughts and words here, I totally agree with each and everyone of you. Amanda is someone to be admired and an inspiration and I think for most of us, it is not just that she has played Sam or Helen, or that she is a celebrity it is about the fact that she remains and kind and generous and normal woman whose priority is her family, and that even though she has gained so much from her roles in tv and movies she always gives back more, either in her charity work, or in what she gives back to her fans. That is what I respect most about her

Hey how about we just put a link to this thread on the nominations for the Canada's stars
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              I find that the qualities I admire in AT I have found in most of the fans I have met. Kind, thoughtful, generous, funny, socially aware, compassionate, talented, etc.
                              very true.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

i think i know why i lov Sam so much, she is so like my mum i think AT is older tho

in this pic she is soooo much like mum!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...tapping018.jpg
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 09 October 2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X