Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for s8's threads

Spoiler:
    i just finished reading an s/j shippy fic, and one line in the fic really hit home.

"It seemed like she'd just got him back from almost losing him to cancer, and now what saved him, had actually killed him."

that's true! selmac saved his life, but it ultimately killed him too. okay, jacob chose to die with selmac, but still...

on another note - does anyone know where astro went? i know she said she'd be gone a bit, but where?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      12000th post
      It shows that I got it for me
      you are right ...it has changed .... wow... sorry about that... time warp is really messing things up

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        I really wanted to help her with the transcriptions...but I haven't had time...
        As close as I can determine this is what was said. I'm sure Tsaxlady will be kind enough to inform us all if Im missed anything or totally fubared again. LOL

Technobabble Clip Transcript:

Amanda: Um, I actually do research. I study what I have to talk about and and I break it down into layman terms and I then I draw pictures so that I can explain it to even Christopher. If Christopher can actually understand what I’m talking about then I can actually use the big words. But…

Chris: What?
        Amanda: No yeah I do… I study it and break it down to layman’s terms. Then I uh…

Chris: What’s a layman? That was your…
        ( Not sure if he says something else because they are talking over one another as well as lots of laughter, but I'm pretty sure I heard him say That was your twice ).

Amanda: You oughtta know.
        Chris: Ah ha!
        Amanda: Ah ha!
        Chris: I’m simple…for a layman.
        Amanda: So anyway…
        I can’t quite catch what else she is saying here because my mind just won’t ignore CJ’s tongue. L and Amanda is talking really fast.

Amanda: Nine years. There ought to be a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Hey tsaxlady? You know that vid you posted where AT is talking about the technobabble and simplifying it, and CJ starts joking around. Could you please tell us what they're saying to each other? I think the audience heard, because everyone was laughing, but I wasn't sure what was said before AT said, "You oughtta know."

Thanks!
          Umm.. could be wrong, but she was talking about explaining things to a layman, and CJ said "what's a lay man?" (with much innuendo implied) and Amanda replied, "Well you oughtta know!"

ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hey tsaxlady? You know that vid you posted where AT is talking about the technobabble and simplifying it, and CJ starts joking around. Could you please tell us what they're saying to each other? I think the audience heard, because everyone was laughing, but I wasn't sure what was said before AT said, "You oughtta know."

Thanks!
            Okay here are all three video clips in one post with transcripts

Technobabble

Transcript

Question was about AT speaking all the technobabble

AT: I call it techno flatulence. I actually do research I study what I have to talk about and I break it down into layman’s terms and then I draw pictures so that I can explain it to even Christopher. If he can understand what I’m talking about then I can use big words.
            Laughing because of the look on Chris’s face (sorry I did not get him in the shot at this point)

Chris: What?

AT: Yeah I do I study it and break it down into layman’s term.

Chris: What’s a layman?

AT: You aught to know.

Both of them: Ah Ha

Chris: I’m simple
            Either Ben or Beau said: For a layman

AT: So anyway …. (she started to say more but this is when Chris leans into her and then licks her shoulder)

AT: NINE Years! There aught to be a medal.

Moderator: That makes it the longest running SciFi program in American History

Geek Sam

Transcript by ForeverSg1

Question:
            How do you come up with…like Geek!Sam and Repli-Carter…all those different characterizations? Is Geek!Sam formulated after geeky fans or…?

Amanda:
            No it's formulated after geeky Amanda. I'm probably closer to Geek!Sam than anyone. Christopher knew that though. *laughing* Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted. Replicator is a different set of the jaw and trying to find a voice in different place in your body. And with Geek Sam it was all about keeping the sleeves pushed down with your thumbs…like little subtle things that helped me sort of physically get into character. But uh it’s all about what these guys give me to play with...so *looks in Chris’ direction*…thanks fellas. *laughing and hitting Chris* I can't even say hello without Chrisopher going ‘hmmm' *making gestures with her eyes*

Chris: Well when you said give me something to play with you were looking at me.
            Amanda: I know. I know. I know
            Chris: I didn't know where you were gonna go with that.
            Amanda: I’m avoiding eye contact.

Correction by me
            This
            Um, it does have that kind of thing to show that... especially to see the naked plate versions of Sam… that’s all so warranted.

Should be

Um, that's part of the fun of doing the show is that espically in season 8 getting to play different versions of Sam

ÜberSG-1Fan
            Post with Screencaps

S/J Video Clip

Transcript by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

BIG Thank You to ÜberSG-1Fan for hosting Videos
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

ForeverSg1
              LOL I love this - can I use it on another forum please?

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

hey guys, think we can hit 12,000 tonight???
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I just noticed that Skydiver's post above mine is timestamped 7:48pm, whereas the one I made just before hers is stamped 11:44am...
                  *cue Dr Who music*

GateWorld having problems again?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I may be wrong here, but I'm really starting to see this as either a joint command situation or Mitchell will get command of SG-1 with Sam only a part of the team on an as needed basis, but I just don't see with the information we have been given so far where Sam will be given sole command of SG-1.
                    i've been preparing myself for this for some time (i'm always preparing myself for something with this show ). if sam doesn't get to be commander of sg1, i want the reason to be 'in character' for her, and 'respectful to her character'.

sam having a boyfriend = in character. sam letting boyfriend manipulate her = not in character.

sam not regaining command of sg1 because of numerous reasons that *she* chose = in character. sam losing command to mitchell because the writers either never really tried with her, or because her reproductive organs are on the inside = not good for her character.

now, on a separate note.... not liking that new sig, fs!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

AND THE

12000TH POST

GOES TO.........
                      lol, with all the temporal fluxes GateWorld is having, its gonna be abit wierd who it works out to have the 12000th post

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i've been preparing myself for this for some time (i'm always preparing myself for something with this show ). if sam doesn't get to be commander of sg1, i want the reason to be 'in character' for her, and 'respectful to her character'.

sam having a boyfriend = in character. sam letting boyfriend manipulate her = not in character.

sam not regaining command of sg1 because of numerous reasons that *she* chose = in character. sam losing command to mitchell because the writers either never really tried with her, or because her reproductive organs are on the inside = not good for her character.

now, on a separate note.... not liking that new sig, fs!

sally

Awww, you're not seeing the humor in it at all? Come on, I'm assuming that Sam and Jack are together in Season 9. That's a good thing right? Or is it the whole tongue thing? Hmm, ok. I know I went over the top with this one. I just couldn't help myself. I really think I was channeling Vala while I was making it.

Comment

ForeverSG1 congrats on the 1100+ posts! I have just broke through to the 100+ posts. I guess I have some catching up to do.

Chopingal Love the Poem!!! You are sooo good at that!

Historian thanks for explaining
                          Spoiler:
                          why everyone thought Sam was on a ship. I apparently missed that part of the conversation between Sam and Mitchell. Thanks for clarifying!

Thanks to several of you that welcomed me to the group! I'll try to post more often.

Comment

Awww, you're not seeing the humor in it at all? Come on, I'm assuming that Sam and Jack are together in Season 9. That's a good thing right? Or is it the whole tongue thing? Hmm, ok. I know I went over the top with this one. I just couldn't help myself. I really think I was channeling Vala while I was making it.
                            Don't worry Forever, I find it amusing

Comment

yep, the server clock keeps getting lost in time.....must be near a black hole or something

let's just say we ALL got post 12000
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, onto page 2...
                                On the plus side, the posts should start appearing in the right order now

Comment

Working...
                                X