Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Pfft. Who cares about that rubbish? Give us the good stuff already!

    Just kidding of course! Thanks for the clips!

    *gasp* Bite your tongue! This IS the good stuff!

    OK, so tsaxlady and Über, you guys totally rock. I'd rep ya, but well... you know how it is.

    Everything you've shown us is just so great, and I totally admire you for being able to get those awesome seats tsaxlady! The pictures and the clips have amazing clarity!

    Comment


      Originally posted by tsaxlady
      She looked down at Brad and Robert, they were talking to each other but you could not hear what they were saying. I checked with my friend who asked the question in the first place (yes I may not be a shipper but I do have shippy friends ) about what was said at the very end of the recording and she said that Brad quipped that they didn’t know about Sam and Jack because “Sam has such a good rapport with Beau”, at which point they all laughed and then Chris and Ben started playing with Beau's ears. They were all having fun up on the panel with each other. I think it is just an extention of what it must be like on the set. I was at many other panels over the course of the 4 days of Comic Con and I can tell you the SG1 crew was having more fun with each other and the audience than any other panel.

      The hall was very large, seating for 4,200 people and it was full when the SG1 panel started, in fact a lot of people myself included arrived about 3 hours before the SG panels and sat through another panel so we could have good seats for the SG panel. There was a really bad echo in the hall and the panel was having a hard time hearing questions when asked from the audience.

      I know a lot of folks are not crazy about Rob Cooper, but this is not the first time I have seen him on a panel and I can tell you he was smiling a lot more this weekend than I have seen in the past. The more serious looking pictures I have of him were when he was trying to listen to hear questions being asked.

      For those that have asked who was sitting were let me give you a run down of the panel from left to right - Michael Davis (TV Guide editor) was standing at a podium and he lead off the questioning, next all seated Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, Christopher Judge, Amanad Tapping and Tony Opticon (SciFi VP). For those interested in the SGA panel Michael Davis, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, David Hewlett, and Jason Momoa.
      Thanks so much for the detail! I can't imagine how insane it must've been to be there for all of those panels with all of those fans. Very cool!

      Did you see any interaction between BB and AT at the con? I know that they were sitting apart at the panel, but I was just wondering what your take on their fledgling relationship is, since we haven't really heard much about it yet.

      Thanks again, tsaxlady!

      Comment


        Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcomed, including

        He Jerin
        nice to see you here

        I have 2 questions.
        SPOILER: 1)My damn VCR stopped working and I missed the part about Jack. Where is he and what is he upto? I tried to read all the spoilers to see exactly what Jack's part was, but couldn't find the whole story.


        they haven't said on the show what he's doing. the spoilers are that he took hammond's job at Homeworld SEcurity. i'm sure more will come in future eps

        2) Can we start a petition to make sure Sam is the commander when she returns?

        i don't think a petition will domuch good simply because the first 10 eps or so are already filmed and in the can. whatever they're going to do has already been done
        Where in the World is George Hammond?


        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Thanks so much for the detail! I can't imagine how insane it must've been to be there for all of those panels with all of those fans. Very cool!

          Did you see any interaction between BB and AT at the con? I know that they were sitting apart at the panel, but I was just wondering what your take on their fledgling relationship is, since we haven't really heard much about it yet.

          Thanks again, tsaxlady!
          Ben mentioned how great it is on the set working with CJ & AT to which both Chris and Amanda gave him smiles and thumbs up. I don't think thy could see each other very well because at one point they both leaned way back in the chairs and said something to each other but we could not hear what was said. There was a large Farscape fan group there and they yelled out some things to Ben that were Farscape references to which Ben smiled and waved but he did not talked about Farscape other than a quick reference on the difference in his and Claudias characters releationship. I really got a sense that he and Beau both get along really well with Amanda and Chris. Like I said in my last post the whole panel was having so much fun with each other. I mean I went to one panel were the actors hardly even looked at each other and only smiled at the audience if they liked the question asked. The SG1 folks were just having a good time. At the end of the panel Ben got up to come around front of the table to take pictures of the audience with his digital camera and when he did as he past Amanda he put his hand on her shoulder and said something to her and she gave him a big smile. Of course as she was coming on stage and leaving she hugged or said said something to everyone on stage. I remember thinking as I watched them how much I'm looking forward to when Sam returns full-time to see how she and Cameron get along because the interaction between Ben and Amanda at the con seemed to be so good.
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

          Comment


            Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Ben mentioned how great it is on the set working with CJ & AT to which both Chris and Amanda gave him smiles and thumbs up. I don't think thy could see each other very well because at one point they both leaned way back in the chairs and said something to each other but we could not hear what was said. There was a large Farscape fan group there and they yelled out some things to Ben that were Farscape references to which Ben smiled and waved but he did not talked about Farscape other than a quick reference on the difference in his and Claudias characters releationship. I really got a sense that he and Beau both get along really well with Amanda and Chris. Like I said in my last post the whole panel was having so much fun with each other. I mean I went to one panel were the actors hardly even looked at each other and only smiled at the audience if they liked the question asked. The SG1 folks were just having a good time. At the end of the panel Ben got up to come around front of the table to take pictures of the audience with his digital camera and when he did as he past Amanda he put his hand on her shoulder and said something to her and she gave him a big smile. Of course as she was coming on stage and leaving she hugged or said said something to everyone on stage. I remember thinking as I watched them how much I'm looking forward to when Sam returns full-time to see how she and Cameron get along because the interaction between Ben and Amanda at the con seemed to be so good.
            Thanks tsaxlady, that's really good to hear! I'm glad the "family fun" atmosphere that they're always talking about is still there. I was getting worried there for a bit. It's interesting to think that the other panelists at the con weren't quite as... happy to be there, too. You'd think they'd at least TRY to pretend like they like it.

            I'm also glad you caught those moments between BB and AT, because it's definitely encouraging to know that the new cast members and the old cast members are getting along well - though I don't why I was worried, now that I think about it.

            Comment


              I finally got to watch Avalon part I. And I liked it.
              I have good hopes on the leading question about SG1 since Cameron told General Landry he was here to join SG1 and not to lead the team. He clearly didn't expect Sam to be away.
              I liked how badly he wanted to have all the gang back and how desappointed he was when he couldn't persuade them to come back. I guess it was the perspective of working with this SG1 that helped him through his recovery and that had to be a huge disapointment for him not to find them on the team.
              I'm looking forward his friendship with Sam. I had the feeling they've been knowing each other for quite a long time. Maybe some common past as pilots. And I was absolutely delighted to see Sam in Avalon. I didn't expect it at all and it was a really nice and big surprise.
              Vala didn't bother me at all. I liked how the guys reacted to her by mostly rolling their eyes. But it seems that she has more depth that we were allowed to see. Maybe we're going to find out in another episode. And I really like how she's pissing off Daniel. That's a change from ascension and a big one. And I must say that I liked that for once Daniel had some archeological work to do. I had forgotten he was an archeologist lately.
              Teal'c was priceless. He was back to his stoic warrior self and you could see he had fun with Mitchell.
              I really can't wait to have all the gang back.

              Tsaxlady, thank you for all the lovely pictures and great reports from the Con. Amanda is really shining. And it's nice to know that they have all this big family feeling and friendship.
              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit


              Comment


                ÜberSG-1Fan
                congrats on post 1600
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit


                Comment


                  Originally posted by Lys
                  ÜberSG-1Fan
                  congrats on post 1600
                  Oh yeah! Ditto! You rock, Über!
                  Now how do I get a hold of some blue jello?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Oh yeah! Ditto! You rock, Über!
                    Now how do I get a hold of some blue jello?
                    Come to the Royal Pharmacy ! That's where all the good stuff is !
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit


                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Lys
                      Come to the Royal Pharmacy ! That's where all the good stuff is !
                      Yeeeeessss. Eeeexcellent.

                      Only the best for Über, I say!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Yeeeeessss. Eeeexcellent.

                        Only the best for Über, I say!

                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit


                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Lys
                          ÜberSG-1Fan
                          congrats on post 1600
                          Wow...all this acknowledgement for being such a yammerfest...

                          ...and here my mother always told me that talking too much would get me into trouble someday...

                          ...all I can say is you all make it so easy to yap away...

                          thanks guys...

                          *sniff*

                          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            If you can't see the pics below, click here (If you can't see the pics, it's because Photobucket is temporarily down for maintenance... however, I also have the pics loaded on my own website)


                            The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!





                            To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
                            To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

                            Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
                            On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )

                            Astro - I am lost for words. This is a work of art both from yourself and everyone who has contributed. The pictures and collages are awesome the audio clips just brilliant. The captions chosen spot on. Many thanks to everyone who put in a great deal of effort into putting this together and especially to Astro - the Keeper - who has spent so much of her time laying this out, printing it out and driving miles to get it bound - just a great tram effort!!

                            Uber - did you manage to do anythong with everyone's photo???

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Coley
                              Astro - I am lost for words. This is a work of art both from yourself and everyone who has contributed. The pictures and collages are awesome the audio clips just brilliant. The captions chosen spot on. Many thanks to everyone who put in a great deal of effort into putting this together and especially to Astro - the Keeper - who has spent so much of her time laying this out, printing it out and driving miles to get it bound - just a great tram effort!!

                              Uber - did you manage to do anythong with everyone's photo???
                              Nope...I'm afraid that little project has slid to the back burner for now...

                              Just as well...I didn't get a whole lot of pics to begin with and as Samanda grows we can get more faces to add to the class photo.

                              Last edited by Uber; 18 July 2005, 04:25 PM.

                              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                              Comment


                                Right - Gateworld is on a serious go slow for me at the moment. Just want to say many thanks to TSaxlady for the con photo's - they are much aprreciated

                                Will try to catch up again some other time

                                Take care everyone

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X