Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    who did he play in lord of the rings? i'm not good at recognizing when i see them in other places.
    He was Pippin!
    sigpic
    "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
    My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

Amanda's Tweet about Space Milkshake

RT @RobinDunne: Check out the Space Milkshake teaser trailer. WE'RE DUCKED! http://youtu.be/hRYpL2FEh3M @amandatapping @SpaceMilkshake
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
        Amanda's Tweet about Space Milkshake
        I lol'd at that...even if it was just her retweeting Robin...still, a new phrase to adopt.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i think they're purposely making her look that much taller than everyone.

robin IS taller than amanda, so i know they're doing something.
          Really? He's taller? Magnus must wear heels in every scene then... or she just has more charisma that makes her *seem* taller...

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I lol'd at that...even if it was just her retweeting Robin...still, a new phrase to adopt.
            I don't think Robin coined the phrase. Isn't it the official tagline for the movie?

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              Really? He's taller? Magnus must wear heels in every scene then... or she just has more charisma that makes her *seem* taller...
              He's supposedly 6' while AT is 5'9". But RD often slouches and just doesn't have AT/Magnus' presence... plus Magnus always stands very tall, obviously from her corset wearing days
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i think they're purposely making her look that much taller than everyone.
                robin IS taller than amanda, so i know they're doing something.
                Originally posted by fems View Post
                He's supposedly 6' while AT is 5'9". But RD often slouches and just doesn't have AT/Magnus' presence... plus Magnus always stands very tall, obviously from her corset wearing days
                I know imdb says he's 6' but having met him twice now and both times alongside Amanda, I don't see him being that 8cm's taller.....RD being listed as 183cm & Amanda as 175cm. My son is taller then him but I don't think Tom is 6' yet. I'd love to see them side by side without shoes.
                Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                I don't think Robin coined the phrase. Isn't it the official tagline for the movie?
                I didn't mean for it to sound like I implied that he coined the phrase...the video has that quote in it so I'm assuming it's part of the promotion of the film. I'm just saying that RD actually tweeted it & Amanda retweeted RD.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I know, that's why I said 'supposedly' because he looks far too short to me. I'm taller than AT but according to this I'd be shorter than RD, which I highly doubt. Most guys I know are at least 6'0" and all of them seem a lot taller than he is.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm ducked
                    Duck You

yep, there's gonna be fun with that
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I'm ducked
                      Duck You
                      yep, there's gonna be fun with that
                      Well duck me...there's a duck load of it to be had. Hey...you started it Sky!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        A lot of the comments on that YT vid are about Amanda's height. I don't think she's that tall...ok, she's taller than the others but towering tall??? I don't think so.
                        Originally posted by fems View Post
                        When I met Amanda and Robin at DC, I wasn't as tall as I thought she was. he was beautiful beyond words, but she wasn't super tall, and in fact, they both were normal shoes, and I could tell that Robin was taller than her.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          When I met Amanda and Robin at DC, I wasn't as tall as I thought she was. he was beautiful beyond words, but she wasn't super tall, and in fact, they both were normal shoes, and I could tell that Robin was taller than her.
                          Basically a 50/50 shot that any guy standing next to her would be taller. She is in the 95th percentile for women, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            Now available in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtj5h-WJbmQ

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              Basically a 50/50 shot that any guy standing next to her would be taller. She is in the 95th percentile for women, though.
                              I'm 5'10" and when she stands up tall we are 'bout the same height. She says she is 5'9". She has this trick on how she stands when she is around people not as tall as her. She stands with her legs apart and even does this thing where she seems to shrink in height. It is a cool party trick. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                                I'm 5'10" and when she stands up tall we are 'bout the same height. She says she is 5'9". She has this trick on how she stands when she is around people not as tall as her. She stands with her legs apart and even does this thing where she seems to shrink in height. It is a cool party trick. hehe
                                My trick is to stand on my tip toes
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X