X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    OK, questions of the day:

Who does Magnus want to kiss?

Who do you think she actually will kiss?

Decided my full reply belongs in the Magnus thread!
    You know, Sam never got any action. Maybe she's trying to make sure Helen isn't a black widow of some sort as well.
    Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 11 April 2011, 01:31 PM.
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      You'd be willing to eat food prepared by me?
      She'd leave a note with Ma in case she was poisoned.

Nom.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Here's a little article of interest...Amanda talks not only about her work with SanctuaryForKids but also about the series...I've posted this in two other threads...sorry if it's too repetitive.
        Next Generation Nepal
        I found the entire interview fabulous.
        Thanks for the link! That was indeed a great interview, though I admit I got a kick out of this part:

Did you eat any dal bhat?

Yes! I loved it! I went there with the attitude that I would be a big sponge: “I will try anything once. I will embrace it.” I don’t think there was anything I didn’t like. Except the last day when I brushed my teeth with unfiltered water. Except for that experience, which made the flight home really uncomfortable, I loved everything.
        Dal bhat is one of my favorite comfort foods, I've referred to it as the Indian version of chicken noodle soup since it's what my mom always used to make for me when I wasn't feeling well.

Though AT learned the hard way about the importance of sticking to bottle water for everything, including brushing your teeth, poor thing.

It was also interesting to see her referencing the wardrobe issues she had to fight in the beginning for Carter. I'd glad the producers took her seriously and didn't force the issue, or the character could have wound up quite different I think.

And here's a sweet fic, esp for those (like me ) who are still in denial about the Asgard's fate in Unending: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6878815/1/The_Gift

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Thanks for the link! That was indeed a great interview, though I admit I got a kick out of this part:

(snipped)

Though AT learned the hard way about the importance of sticking to bottle water for everything, including brushing your teeth, poor thing.
          about this part: what do you think made amanda's flight home bad, just b/c she brushed her teeth with unfiltered water? if it left a bad taste in her mouth, wouldn't there have been something to drink on the plane? am i missing something?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            My fans have always supported me. Present them with a really good argument and they just pick it up and run with it.

AT's army of peace. I love that she feels that. And chicks with Macs are extra hot. She said hopefully, typing on her macbook.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            about this part: what do you think made amanda's flight home bad, just b/c she brushed her teeth with unfiltered water? if it left a bad taste in her mouth, wouldn't there have been something to drink on the plane? am i missing something?
            She most likely had to visit the loo a few times on the plane. Brushing with unfiltered water can make your intestines very unhappy. If she only did it once, she was probably not too bad, though.
            Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 11 April 2011, 02:57 PM. Reason: to answer majorsal
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
              She most likely had to visit the loo a few times on the plane. Brushing with unfiltered water can make your intestines very unhappy. If she only did it once, she was probably not too bad, though.
              ah!

poor woman...
              sally

sigpic

Comment

@SanctuarySeries @amandatapping is directing this ep so we're going to let her concentrate on this imp work + come back with #TappingTuesday in 2 weeks

Comment

a good sam and teamy fic

http://beanpot.livejournal.com/87850.html

Title: They're waiting all the same, With their flashlights and their semaphores
                  Author: ME!
                  Word count2400
                  Rating/Warning: G
                  Spoilers: All of Season 10
                  Prompt: Sam and Teal'c. "Five more planets have fallen to the Ori, including Hebridan and Langara." Concern and/or sorrow for a former team member.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, basically what Feast said. Sanitation in countries like Nepal and India is not the best, the residents are usually ok since they've drunk the water since birth, but it often does a number on visitors. I had my own uncomfortable 15+ hour flight last time I visited when I forgot about the ice used at a roadside juice stand.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    a good sam and teamy fic

http://beanpot.livejournal.com/87850.html

Title: They're waiting all the same, With their flashlights and their semaphores
                    Author: ME!
                    Word count2400
                    Rating/Warning: G
                    Spoilers: All of Season 10
                    Prompt: Sam and Teal'c. "Five more planets have fallen to the Ori, including Hebridan and Langara." Concern and/or sorrow for a former team member.
                    What a wonderful fic, thanks for the rec!

sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping Hey friends! Check our this interview. www.nextgenerationnepal.org/Amanda_Tapping. Amazing organization that #SanctuaryForKids supports. Xo

@amandatapping Try http:www.nextgenerationnepal.org/Amanda_Tapping. Just finished first day of directing and I'm loopy.

Last edited by Rocky89; 11 April 2011, 07:15 PM.

Comment

@amandatapping RT @ladydeadlock: http://bit.ly/f1ZC5c. Yeah what she said. Thank you oh great non loopy one! Xo

Well, we now got one very happy fan on twitter.

Comment

ah!

poor woman...
                          I know. Poor Amanda. That long of a flight and having intestinal issues on top of everything.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Yeah, basically what Feast said. Sanitation in countries like Nepal and India is not the best, the residents are usually ok since they've drunk the water since birth, but it often does a number on visitors. I had my own uncomfortable 15+ hour flight last time I visited when I forgot about the ice used at a roadside juice stand.

What a wonderful fic, thanks for the rec!
                          Yeah, those foreign bugs can wreak havoc. Having only traveled to Canada and the UK so far, I haven't experienced any issues, but someday I hope to travel somewhere that I have to be concerned about that. Just hope I remember to be careful.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            OK, questions of the day:
                            Who does Magnus want to kiss?
                            Who do you think she actually will kiss?
                            She wants to kiss Druitt coz she loves him still...that's my theory. But if not Druitt then maybe Tesla or Olaf!!
                            Who will she kiss??...oooh...that's hard...hopefully not some abnormal...not Biggie please.
                            Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                            AT's army of peace.
                            That sounds like a nice logo for a t shirt.
                            And chicks with Macs are extra hot. She said hopefully, typing on her macbook.
                            Ok, I gotta ask...what's the difference between a Mac and PC? My son has a Macbook and its the biggest gimmick out since the ipad. Hubby has a laptop but no apple software...thank god...and daughter and I both have desktop computers. Tom is the only one with apple software on his computer and it's just not the same as the Windows.
                            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            I know. Poor Amanda.
                            Yep, nothing worse than a wonky tummy when you're stuck on a plane, train or in the car for a long period of time...best to stick with bottled water when away...especially in countries like India and Asia...nobody wants Bali belly.
                            Last edited by Chelle DB; 12 April 2011, 02:42 AM.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mac and PC are two different operating systems.

think of it as Coke and Pepsi.....two different makers of two different things....that at their most basic, are the same.

Macs run on a different operating system than PC, so software aren't interchangable (not without some other special hardware or working on it)

Theoretically, Macs are all assembled in one factory, thus giving Apple more control over what's done and what goes into it. which can make them more expensive, yet can also give them more stability since they aren't cobbled together of parts from various lowest bidders. Macs have certain design standards and some unique abilities. (I thik of macs as best for graphics and video, so more for the artist)

PC's are cheaper and often use the Windows operating system. One reason they are cheaper is that they are assembled of parts from various suppliers...so you never know what kind of chips and cards you have in your computer. this does make them significantly cheaper, yet also gives them some instability since a single line of a computer can have parts in it from multiple suppliers....and any weak point in the parts can be a weak point in the system.

Since they are cheaper, PC's are more prevalent, and have more software made for them (largely casue they have the biggest marketshare), but that also makes them the biggest target for virus writers.

I work on both macs and pc's and each has their own advantages. I do tend to think of macs for artists/vidders/photographers, while pc's are more work orientated...surfing, e-maililng, letters and spreadsheets.

I don't prefer one over the other...my biggest sticking point in owning an apple/mac at home is that it is so expensive, and then all the software I already have won't work on it and, as cool as it is, it's just more money than I can justify as opposed to a PC which are everywhere. I also have issues with Macs and the bad habit they have of 'controlling' what you do....in that you can have a ton of flexibility, until they decide you can't do that (like having programs on my iPod touch that i'm literally not allowed to uninstall, because Apple thinks that I MUST have them on there, even if I don't want them or won't use them - like the stocks ticker or game center)

which one is best for you depends on what you're doing with it and how you're going to use it.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sky...I just find the whole Mac thing a gimmick coz as you said, it limits what you can use on it...apple have kept a tight hold on it. I don't mind spending the money on something if it's good but if it limits how you can use it coz of software incompatibility then I'm likely to choose the more open range variety. My neighbour who works with computers told us about the apple macbooks and their inability to mix with other software and as a computer tech, he dislikes them...a lot...and funny thing is, he's not the only computer tech I know who feels the same way.
                                Kinda like my iphone, it's nice but a gimmick...I don't need half the apps that are on it and it isn't near as easy to use as my little Samsung flip phone.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X