Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Tittamiire!!!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I`m sure as we all slowly adjust to being home we will fill you in on the antics at AT5. I haven`t read the reports linked here but will tell you the answer to the 13 episode question. Since no one asked about it in round one, I asked the question in round two. AT`s initial answer was that she didn`t know. She went on to explain that Comcast bought NBC which owns Syfy. It appears to be a Comcast decision to have all the shows on Syfy be 13 episodes. However, no real explanation was given to TPTB at Sanctuary. AT was philosophical about it. While they were happy with 20 episodes last year and thought it was great, 13 will allow them to have more time in their lives.
    thanks for posting this eh-t, i had a feeling this was the case...

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
    I believe I read a tweet by Jaime Paglia a day or so ago where he wrote they get 13 eps for season 5 but that those will all be aired without a break.
    so eureka is 13 eps as well then... ive been waiting to find this out...

So, to help us focus our jet-lagged brains, what are Sam/AT fans dying to know first?
    EVERYTHING!!

Highlight of the event (which does not include curling which was before the event ) was the auction. As I mentioned to Mumsey, I donate to these charities regardless, doing it through the auction is just more fun than clicking buttons on the internet. For the first time ever, I am keeping an auction item. I am now the proud owner of an Amanada Tapping original painting. Special added touch, I made her draw a curling rock on the back of it. Specially personalised!
    When AT was pregnant she started making these heart paintings. I think she said she gave them to friends who were about to have babies or had recently had babies. She did a couple of paintings for a previous AT event (I think it was AT2) and sold them at auction. She did two more for this event. One was yellow with one large heart and one small heart. The other (mine) was purple, one large heart. On the back of each she had written her 3 favourite sayings and signed them. The sayings were "live peace", something about kindness (sorry jet-lag brain) and "dwell in possibility".

Very lovely work.
    oh wow, that is so cool

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    Yes, Eh-T's team won. She's a pretty good curler. We were staging a comeback, but ran out of time. SamJackShipLover was a very good Vice-Skip. Great fun was had by all

I think the last skit to remove AT was some "officials" with walkie talkies and trench coats coming in and taking the chair, table and AT herself off of the stage. I didn't hear everything they were saying though.

Oh! Me, me, me, me. I want to answer that one Just for you Jackfan

Her hair was really pretty. Long and dark. Very shiny.

Actually, there were a couple of times AT was making a joke (similar to a dumb blonde joke) where she would flip her hair and say "I'm pretty!" in reference to doing something goofy. It doesn't translate in writing, but it was just hilarious when she did it.
    she did that at GttS as well, hehe...

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

*creeps in*

I'm not even entirely sure how I got this up so fast. I was as thorough as I could be - although I know I didn't capture everything. I tried - once again - to do the con, Amanda and GABIT justice. I hope that I did!!

The report itself is lengthy and it is quite image heavy, so fair warning.

Click the image or click here to read.

xoxo
    thanks for sharing pengYn, added to my list to read on the weekend love your sig banner btw!!
    Last edited by katjoy; 18 February 2011, 03:19 AM.
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Morning everyone,

I proudly give you....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=6eb18c6be6
      my AT5 photos, plz read the disclaimer at the bottom of the album.

Enjoy!

Off to read con reports now.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Morning everyone,

I proudly give you....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=6eb18c6be6
        my AT5 photos, plz read the disclaimer at the bottom of the album.

Enjoy!

Off to read con reports now.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        hey julia, you got some great shots! those close up ones of amanda are gorgeous do you mind if i save some of the photos for my own viewing?
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
          hey julia, you got some great shots! those close up ones of amanda are gorgeous do you mind if i save some of the photos for my own viewing?
          Sure! But please don't post them anywhere. Thanks

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

The sayings on the painting: Live Peace, Speak Kindness, Dwell in Possibility. I think I shall interpret the curling rock to mean: curlers rock.

Yes, Eh-T's team won. She's a pretty good curler. We were staging a comeback, but ran out of time. SamJackShipLover was a very good Vice-Skip. Great fun was had by all

I think the last skit to remove AT was some "officials" with walkie talkies and trench coats coming in and taking the chair, table and AT herself off of the stage. I didn't hear everything they were saying though.
            Thanks. You are pretty good yourself. Curling was such a blast. My friends here are so jealous. Thanks again for organising it all.

I will leave it to Ames to give a description of her curling experience. Suffice to say, should have had it on film.

The other ploy to get her off stage was to show her a guitar. Last time she had said she would never play guitar in public. The Gabit tech team editied that to say she would play guitar. Just showing a picture of a guitar was enough to scare her off the stage.

Off to check PengYn's report for accuracy!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I will probably be clarifying many things in PengYn's report, as time allows. However, I will comment on two things now. One, I have never looked better (that is me behind the maple leaf keeping my identity secret from those who are looking for me ). Two, I was actually trying not to make AT run for a change. I was informed that she was very tired and on several occasions, when the bid went up, I told her to stay where she was and placed another bid right away. One of the reasons why the young woman next to me turned to me at one point and said "I have the best seat in the house". I was trying to be good (for a change).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Highlight of the event (which does not include curling which was before the event ) was the auction. As I mentioned to Mumsey, I donate to these charities regardless, doing it through the auction is just more fun than clicking buttons on the internet. For the first time ever, I am keeping an auction item. I am now the proud owner of an Amanada Tapping original painting. Special added touch, I made her draw a curling rock on the back of it. Specially personalised!
                Very cool!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                If she ever records one, I'll break down and buy a GPS. But only if if has US and Canada maps.
                Yeah, I'm pretty directionally challenged but haven't wanted to spend the $$. But a Helen Magnus GPS? I would have to do it.

Oh! Me, me, me, me. I want to answer that one Just for you Jackfan

Her hair was really pretty. Long and dark. Very shiny.

Actually, there were a couple of times AT was making a joke (similar to a dumb blonde joke) where she would flip her hair and say "I'm pretty!" in reference to doing something goofy. It doesn't translate in writing, but it was just hilarious when she did it.
                I could definitely see that.

Comment

I will leave it to Ames to give a description of her curling experience. Suffice to say, should have had it on film.
                  As the organizer, I bestow upon Ames the "Spirit of Curling" award. She had 2-3 pretty darn good shots for her first time in the hack, including a take-out. Way to go Ames !!!!

Comment

(please do not post pictures of that ... hahahaha)

AT5 was a wonderful convention. Though first time I didn't suffer from con blues, cause I got to go home to Milou. I got a chance to show Amanda some pictures of her at the photo op ... I'm really happy there will be an AT6 too!
                    sigpic

Comment

It was meant to be two blokes in warehouse coats and flat caps coming to take the stage down. Their comments were somewhat drowned out by the audience reaction to the last question asked, and so it lost some of its impact.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        It was meant to be two blokes in warehouse coats and flat caps coming to take the stage down. Their comments were somewhat drowned out by the audience reaction to the last question asked, and so it lost some of its impact.

Mumsey
                        Have you used one of those really big hooks yet?
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                          Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Have you used one of those really big hooks yet?
                          Or you could try 'men' in white coats bringing a straight jacket
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            Sure! But please don't post them anywhere. Thanks

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            thanks heaps julia and i wont post them anywhere

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

(please do not post pictures of that ... hahahaha)

AT5 was a wonderful convention. Though first time I didn't suffer from con blues, cause I got to go home to Milou. I got a chance to show Amanda some pictures of her at the photo op ... I'm really happy there will be an AT6 too!
                            glad you had a great time lies! what did amanda have to say about little milou?

loving all the tidbits about AT5 cant wait to delve into the con reports!!

Comment

There is usually a sing-a-long. This year it was to Bob the Builder. One of the Gabit staff was in a BTB costume. Very funny.

One was a bribe, showing a pic of the most adorable dog and telling her that was what was waiting for her in the green room.

Another time they just admitted they had run out of ideas!

I'm missing one. Someone remind me.
                              LOL! I was wondering at the pictures I saw with that costume, that sounds hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i don't know if anything will beat the dalek though. that was priceless
                              LOL! That sounds amazing, did AT recognize what the Dalek was?

And thanks to everyone who've been sharing tidbits and pictures!

sigpic

Comment

yeah, she knew what the dalek was. I should scrape up my photos of that one.

You should either bribe her with chocolate bars to get her off stage...or threaten to take away her iphone
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X