Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    ^how was her hair? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

seriously, what was a highlight for you?

Highlight of the event (which does not include curling which was before the event ) was the auction. As I mentioned to Mumsey, I donate to these charities regardless, doing it through the auction is just more fun than clicking buttons on the internet. For the first time ever, I am keeping an auction item. I am now the proud owner of an Amanada Tapping original painting. Special added touch, I made her draw a curling rock on the back of it. Specially personalised!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Highlight of the event (which does not include curling which was before the event ) was the auction. As I mentioned to Mumsey, I donate to these charities regardless, doing it through the auction is just more fun than clicking buttons on the internet. For the first time ever, I am keeping an auction item. I am now the proud owner of an Amanada Tapping original painting. Special added touch, I made her draw a curling rock on the back of it. Specially personalised!
      Tell us more about her artwork, please.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Whoa, very cool, thanks for sharing! That must have been difficult for AT and RDA to film, but it looks like they kept a good humor about it. I remember reading, either an interview or a transcript of the episode commentary, that even with the safety divers nearby things were a little tense filming those scenes since the ceiling required them to be farther away than usual.

Nice reports! LOL at AT doing recordings for a GPS system, though she does have a reassuring voice.
        If she ever records one, I'll break down and buy a GPS. But only if if has US and Canada maps.

Who won curling?

It's about time you kept something for yourself! Though you do spread a lot of joy around. (You spread something anyway ) And what a special momento. Is it the purple one I've seen in pics?
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Happy Birthday Titta, RoX, and Strix!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
            lol, a friend of mine once downloaded a dominatrix voice for his SatNav. He said it was hilarious because it would spit out insults like: "Turn left you scumbag!" or "Surprisingly, you have reached your destination!"

So you have to wonder if AT would do the reassuring one or the "Helen" one. ;-)

A totally unrelated but somewhat on topic observation: I just noticed that the tires on my new mountainbike are called Smart Sam!
            That GPS sounds awesome! IIRC, one report said that AT wanted to do it like a London Underground announcer I think.

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Happy Birthdays and hugs all around. Looks like I missed a few when I was gone.

Question of the Day:

What do you consider to be the most "techno-babbly" episode for Sam?
            (Yes, techno-babbly is a word. I looked it up in the SGC dictionary )
            Hmm, I'd say either Matter of Time, or maybe POV or Gemini (twice the technobabbling Sam!)

I`m sure as we all slowly adjust to being home we will fill you in on the antics at AT5. I haven`t read the reports linked here but will tell you the answer to the 13 episode question. Since no one asked about it in round one, I asked the question in round two. AT`s initial answer was that she didn`t know. She went on to explain that Comcast bought NBC which owns Syfy. It appears to be a Comcast decision to have all the shows on Syfy be 13 episodes. However, no real explanation was given to TPTB at Sanctuary. AT was philosophical about it. While they were happy with 20 episodes last year and thought it was great, 13 will allow them to have more time in their lives.
            Well it's good know the reason behind the episode order. I wondered if it was a desire to have all shows be 13 episode long, since Sanctuary and Eureka were the only two remaining with 20 episodes. While I'm loving 20 eps for S3, maybe this will give MW, DK, and AT more time to develop other projects.

So, to help us focus our jet-lagged brains, what are Sam/AT fans dying to know first?
            I've enjoyed hearing about the stuff the GABIT staff did to get AT off the stage after her Q&As, what kind of gags did they do this year? Thanks!

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            Ditto! Hope you have great days!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Tell us more about her artwork, please.
              When AT was pregnant she started making these heart paintings. I think she said she gave them to friends who were about to have babies or had recently had babies. She did a couple of paintings for a previous AT event (I think it was AT2) and sold them at auction. She did two more for this event. One was yellow with one large heart and one small heart. The other (mine) was purple, one large heart. On the back of each she had written her 3 favourite sayings and signed them. The sayings were "live peace", something about kindness (sorry jet-lag brain) and "dwell in possibility".

Very lovely work.

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Who won curling?
              Well, didn't want to brag but my team won!

It's about time you kept something for yourself! Though you do spread a lot of joy around. (You spread something anyway ) And what a special momento. Is it the purple one I've seen in pics?
              LOL!

Had to keep this. a) it would be an insult to the artist to give it away and b) it is really very lovely. Mine, as I said above, is the purple one.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

I've enjoyed hearing about the stuff the GABIT staff did to get AT off the stage after her Q&As, what kind of gags did they do this year? Thanks!

There is usually a sing-a-long. This year it was to Bob the Builder. One of the Gabit staff was in a BTB costume. Very funny.

One was a bribe, showing a pic of the most adorable dog and telling her that was what was waiting for her in the green room.

Another time they just admitted they had run out of ideas!

I'm missing one. Someone remind me.

Comment

i don't know if anything will beat the dalek though. that was priceless
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i don't know if anything will beat the dalek though. that was priceless
                  My fav was the Sound of Music sing-a-long with the goat puppets and the hand puppets that sang!

Comment

Well, didn't want to brag but my team won!

<snip>

There is usually a sing-a-long. This year it was to Bob the Builder. One of the Gabit staff was in a BTB costume. Very funny.

One was a bribe, showing a pic of the most adorable dog and telling her that was what was waiting for her in the green room.

Another time they just admitted they had run out of ideas!

I'm missing one. Someone remind me.
                    Yes, Eh-T's team won. She's a pretty good curler. We were staging a comeback, but ran out of time. SamJackShipLover was a very good Vice-Skip. Great fun was had by all

I think the last skit to remove AT was some "officials" with walkie talkies and trench coats coming in and taking the chair, table and AT herself off of the stage. I didn't hear everything they were saying though.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      ^how was her hair? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

seriously, what was a highlight for you?
                      Oh! Me, me, me, me. I want to answer that one Just for you Jackfan

Her hair was really pretty. Long and dark. Very shiny.

Actually, there were a couple of times AT was making a joke (similar to a dumb blonde joke) where she would flip her hair and say "I'm pretty!" in reference to doing something goofy. It doesn't translate in writing, but it was just hilarious when she did it.

Comment

*creeps in*

I'm not even entirely sure how I got this up so fast. I was as thorough as I could be - although I know I didn't capture everything. I tried - once again - to do the con, Amanda and GABIT justice. I hope that I did!!

The report itself is lengthy and it is quite image heavy, so fair warning.

Click the image or click here to read.

xoxo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

*creeps in*

I'm not even entirely sure how I got this up so fast. I was as thorough as I could be - although I know I didn't capture everything. I tried - once again - to do the con, Amanda and GABIT justice. I hope that I did!!

xoxo
                          Great, great job, Pengyn.

Comment

*creeps in*

xoxo
                            Kinda new round these parts and I'm glad to have AT5 reports to dwell over
                            Last edited by jasminaGo; 17 February 2011, 11:44 PM. Reason: removing IMG tags
                            sigpic
                            by Sapphire_Jade

Comment

*creeps in*

xoxo
                              Thanks for posting that! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!!

When AT was pregnant she started making these heart paintings. I think she said she gave them to friends who were about to have babies or had recently had babies. She did a couple of paintings for a previous AT event (I think it was AT2) and sold them at auction. She did two more for this event. One was yellow with one large heart and one small heart. The other (mine) was purple, one large heart. On the back of each she had written her 3 favourite sayings and signed them. The sayings were "live peace", something about kindness (sorry jet-lag brain) and "dwell in possibility".
                                Live Peace, Speak Kindness & Dwell in Possibility...very lovely sayings.

With many thanks to all who have come home to report back the fun happenings from AT5.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X