Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    If you can't see the pics below, click here (If you can't see the pics, it's because Photobucket is temporarily down for maintenance... however, I also have the pics loaded on my own website)

The SaGC Collection is now bound - and I think it looks very sharp!

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
    To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
    On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
    Astro, I am totally blown away. The book is beyond words. It is so fantastic. Don't be surprised if you receive a personal letter from Amanda, thanking you for the gift, for it is an amazing gift, one of pure love. I feel so terrible now, that I ever left this thread and could not contribute to your wonderful work.

If I were AT, after receivning something like the beautiful book you are sending, I'd personally invite you to my home.

To everyone in Samanda that made this tribute to AT/SC possible, I thank you. It makes me so proud to be a member of this great place. Have I gushed enough?

Again Astro, you've made something you and all of us can be VERY proud of.

You deserve more green jello than I can give, a ton of jelly beans and truckload of blue Jello (in the boxes, of course )

Edit: I knew I forgot somethng. Astro, this must have cost you a mint....if you need a money to cover expenses, I would be more than willing to chip in. It's the least I can do. You put in so much time, at least let us help with other expenses.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

Edit: I knew I forgot somethng. Astro, this must have cost you a mint....if you need a money to cover expenses, I would be more than willing to chip in. It's the least I can do. You put in so much time, at least let us help with other expenses.
      yes, and i repeat my offer as well.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone noticed that Astro cleverly put "Blue Jello Productions" on the CD she included within the book?!

That's our Keeper, attention to the tiniest details! I echo Lida's thoughts, Astro will probably be getting a phone call or personal letter from AT herself! This is certainly possible. But, knowing Astro, that's farthest from her mind.

As to chipping in, we have a little "kitty" going on right now and I hope that Astro will ask us for more contributions should she need it! I think we may be covered but let's wait and see.

Samandans, I think the book represents all of the kingdom so well ... and I hope that it becomes a family treasure for Amanda.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          If you can't see the pics below, click here (If you can't see the pics, it's because Photobucket is temporarily down for maintenance... however, I also have the pics loaded on my own website)

To view a few more pics of the bound collection, click here.
          To view (or download) the PDF version of the SaGC Collection, click here.

Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow
          On the inside cover, I will also include a clear CD-ROM sleeve, with a CD-ROM with the PDF version of the Collection, as well as the downloaded thread files that Deepspace sent me (it covers thread pages 1 through 370 or so). The CD-ROM label looks like this (and please bear in mind that I'm a geologist - not a graphic artist )
          WOW!!! This is absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for doing this for us. I'm sure Amanda will love it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            Here are a couple of screen caps and sound bytes from the special tonight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/PDVD_013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...r/PDVD_016.jpg

Click here to listen

"Wow, thank you so much. I am totally thrilled to have won the Saturn award. Um, all I can say is thank goodness that Buffy is finally off the air. I was getting a bit of a Susan Lucci vibe. But I’m totally thrilled to have won this. And it looks like the Stargate, so it makes it extra cool.

This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. "

BTW, how cool was it when the crew of the International Space Station was on, saying they're fans of SG-1?

NC
            Thank you so much for posting these pics of Amanda, and letting us hear her too! I just love her giggle!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Has anyone noticed that Astro cleverly put "Blue Jello Productions" on the CD she included within the book?!

That's our Keeper, attention to the tiniest details! I echo Lida's thoughts, Astro will probably be getting a phone call or personal letter from AT herself! This is certainly possible. But, knowing Astro, that's farthest from her mind.

As to chipping in, we have a little "kitty" going on right now and I hope that Astro will ask us for more contributions should she need it! I think we may be covered but let's wait and see.

Samandans, I think the book represents all of the kingdom so well ... and I hope that it becomes a family treasure for Amanda.
              Holy Hannah, Astro! Your book/CD is awesome!

Where's the kitty; I want to throw a few coins into it.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                Here are a few more pics of Amanda from Monday night's Sci-Fi Inside show.

Sci-FI Inside
                Thanks for the pics. She looks so good. I'm feeling a lot happier now we've actually seen and heard Amanda.
                sigpic

Comment

Well said ChopinGal. In view of Astro's service, which was above and beyond the call of duty, I would like to propose the initiation of a medal, to be given to Samandan's who perform acts that go beyond the usual and demonstrate the highest goals of our beloved Samanda. Does anyone have a suggestion for the title of such a medal? And of course, we'll need one designed.
                  On fighting:

Comment

Yes, where's the "kitty" ? I want to contribute too.
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      Well said ChopinGal. In view of Astro's service, which was above and beyond the call of duty, I would like to propose the initiation of a medal, to be given to Samandan's who perform acts that go beyond the usual and demonstrate the highest goals of our beloved Samanda. Does anyone have a suggestion for the title of such a medal? And of course, we'll need one designed.
                      Great idea Lida !
                      What about a golden medal with a jello cup surrounded by wings (our Queen is a pilot. ) and of course a blue ribbon ?
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Samandans ... if you want to meet Amanda in person, here's the rescheduling info on GABIT!

It will now be held the weekend of October 28-30 at the Renaissance Hotel near Heathrow airport, London.

Please go directly to the GABIT website for full details:

www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

ChopinGal, thank you for the info re: Gabit. Now all I have to do is convince my hubby to go. Wish me luck. Wow, I just realized, it falls on HIS birthday! Maybe I could convince him to let me take him there as great birthday present? Sound reasonable to everyone????

Lys, I think your medal idea is great, now who has the talent to make it? Not I!
                          On fighting:

Comment

Astro...

For the longest time I was wondering what you guys were talking about when it came to this project (but was secretly afraid to ask, heh heh) and now I know why it was such a HUGE thing. I'm really amazed at the quality of the book. At first I thought it was another photo manip, and then I was like... "Wait... That's real... Whoa!"

You did such a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              LOL - No I don't mind that you posted my picture - Stargate Command was at the con with some props from the show. They had unifroms and a Zat or Ter for you to use on for pictures. That uniform jacket is on over two shirts and let me tell you it was hot. But it was fun taking out the serpent guard.
                              I will have information about the con posted starting tomorrow.
                              Loved the picture of you with the zat, tsax! So cute. Glad you don't mind us seeing it. Looking forward to your report.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                                Here are a few more pics of Amanda from Monday night's Sci-Fi Inside show.

Sci-FI Inside
                                Thanks Samfan! Great pic
                                Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Thanks for the pics. She looks so good. I'm feeling a lot happier now we've actually seen and heard Amanda.
                                I'm with you on that Bev!

----------

Thanks to everyone for their kind words regarding how the SaGC Collection turned out - I think it looks very nice - so many folks have put so much work into what they've posted on this thread, that it combines for a wonderful collection of comments and photos and artwork. My only regret is that I couldn't include more of the posts and comments - especially some of the wonderful comments and photo-graphic artwork that has been posted since I sent the Collection off to be bound a few weeks ago.

The wonderful discussion on 'What Would Sam Carter Think About Religion and God' was another of the series of posts on this thread that amazed me. When Sky presented the question, my first reaction was 'Uh, oh... dangerous, dangerous, incendiary topic...ooooo....,'.... But then I was so amazed at the wonderfully considerate and thoughtful and balanced responses and posts... folks really answered the question as to how Sam, a scientist who's seen all that SG-1 has seen, might see religion... and no religious wars were started. All I can say is - thanks! Thanks for all of the wonderful posts and interesting and stimulating reading. Thanks for the fun, too - I love everyone's humor

And thanks to everyone who has offered to contribute monetarily, but I've got it covered for the SaGC Collection (Chopingal and Coley and 1speed have already chipped in).

So... what's next? Uber (and Kat, I think) had a great idea of getting together a small collection of photo-graphic artwork and/or poetry and such and sending that to AT from the thread... That would make a wonderful gift... Kat's new banner... and Uber's new banner... (both posted after I was finished printing the Collection) immediately come to mind...

I will leave the orchestration of this project to others more artistic than I

Comment

Working...
                                X