Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    Wow, Amanda's doing a lot of retweeting lately.
    I think she has a bit more time on her hands - time which is much deserved might I add.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Forbidden fruit is always more tempting.

Not that it not being forbidden keeps you from drinking. I'm imbibing in a beer right now. Of course, it's been a pretty crappy week. And it's not looking up anytime soon.
      Sorry to hear that. ((Hugs))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Done and doner - already shared my advice with Amanda.
        According to BOM, it's gonna be wet in Sydney but...wait for it...not wet just cloudy (I hope!!) in Melbourne!!! Yay! Bugger though is that it's also going to be warm-ish in Sydney so a bit humid and likelihood is it will be possibly humid in Melbourne too...hopefully not too bad. Today was one of the best days we've had in a while with the sun shining and a gentle breeze - warm enough for sunburn but not hot enough to feel uncomfortable. Bout time I say!!
        So uhm , yeah, I have a few questions written down and a new jotter pad to take notes...if I can remember or if someone can pry my camera from my hands!!
        Good advice, Chelle. You guys got sun, and we're starting to get quite a bit of snow outside.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I think she has a bit more time on her hands - time which is much deserved might I add.

Comment

Hey everyone,

We've got roughly three weeks to put together a wonderful Christmas card for Amanda from all her fans which will be delivered directly into her email box, by me, just before Christmas!

So if you'd like to send me your Christmas greetings (no photos or attachments) I will create a beautiful card for her, showing her how much all of you care and carrying your sentiments to her at this special time of year.

Send your emails to me at [email protected]. Spread the word to forums and any lists you are on!
          Strict deadline is Sunday 19th December.
          Let's get thinking out those greetings folks!

Julia
          AT.com
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            I am now halfway through my bar tending course, and just found out that I passed my pharmacology exam! Yusss.

Would anyone like a cocktail?

ETA: should probably point out that the pharmacology paper is part of a nursing degree, completely separate from the bar tending course
            Congrats! I've got my exams starting tomorrow, I could use a cocktail come Wednesday.

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
            Love all the talk about the podcasts! I had several good laughs while listening to them, while getting several weird looks from other people in the room, since they had no idea what I was listening too!
            Heh, that happened to me with the S2 commentaries. I listened to them while studying in the library and got looks from people when I started smiling and trying not to laugh for no apparent reason.

My favorite part of of the podcasts was
            Spoiler:

AT's comment about that note her kindergarten teacher made in her report card that 'Mandy plays well with others,' and how she's held onto that for all these years and always wants to be like that little kid. I just thought that was adorable and a nice insight into her perspective about working with others.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              My favorite part of of the podcasts was
              Spoiler:

AT's comment about that note her kindergarten teacher made in her report card that 'Mandy plays well with others,' and how she's held onto that for all these years and always wants to be like that little kid. I just thought that was adorable and a nice insight into her perspective about working with others.
              OT report cards:
              Spoiler:
              I have all my grade school report cards. My Mom saved them. I don't remember getting one for kindergarten, but since that was last century, the memory gets sort of spotty.

Anyway, apparently I talked a lot when I was little, and one of my report cards mentions something about this. And when my Mom signed the card and sent it back, she wrote something like "she talks a lot at home too; and I don't know what to do about it". Thanks Mom. I don't talk as much now as I apparently did back then.

I think one of the cards did say I got along well with other students.

Comment

I've had a Sanctuary Season 3 Marathon today and I wondered if anyone else has noticed the little funny right at the end of the credits. A cartoon badger that gets run over. Most of the time it gets up and walks off saying "Didn't hurt!" Every now and again it says "That hurt! That hurt!" I love those little jokes that production people put in.

Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  I've had a Sanctuary Season 3 Marathon today and I wondered if anyone else has noticed the little funny right at the end of the credits. A cartoon badger that gets run over. Most of the time it gets up and walks off saying "Didn't hurt!" Every now and again it says "That hurt! That hurt!" I love those little jokes that production people put in.

Mumsey
                  I've seen those, too. Though I wasn't really paying attention to what the badger was saying. I guess I'll have to go back and watch again.

Comment

Hehe OT report cards

Spoiler:
                    Mine always said "With a bit more organization and focus, and less talking, Eileen could really reach her potential. A pleasure to teach."

Heh. My "academic performance" marks were always higher than my "behaviour" ones, yet they always said something about loving having me in their class.

Oh, except for one time at about 16years I got a (slightly) lower academic mark but perfect marks for behaviour and attitude. The comment said something about being a very diligent and consistent student. The teacher had managed to swap my report with my twin sister's. She wasn't so much "good" as she was boring

ETA oh, still off topic but my physics teacher wrote in my testimonial when I left school that I solved physics problems with "breathtaking complexity and elegance." Heh. Anyone who has met me knows that physics is the *only* time I can be described as elegant
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i don't think i've seen the full credits. skiffy butchers them so they can put a promo in half the page.

I'll have to wait for the dvd's i think
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

@amandatapping Thanks everyone for the packing and weather tips!! Can't wait to see you! Xoxo

Oh boy, less than a week to go for you cool and lucky Aussies.
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 06 December 2010, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                          Hey everyone,

We've got roughly three weeks to put together a wonderful Christmas card for Amanda from all her fans which will be delivered directly into her email box, by me, just before Christmas!

So if you'd like to send me your Christmas greetings (no photos or attachments) I will create a beautiful card for her, showing her how much all of you care and carrying your sentiments to her at this special time of year.

Send your emails to me at [email protected]. Spread the word to forums and any lists you are on!
                          Strict deadline is Sunday 19th December.
                          Let's get thinking out those greetings folks!

Julia
                          AT.com
                          thanks julia

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          @amandatappingThanks everyone for the packing and weather tips!! Can't wait to see you! Xoxo

Oh boy, less than a week to go for you cool and lucky Aussies.
                          yep

got my first card today, thanks heaps ames!
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Yeah, thanks Ames
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

@RyRobbins #SIMH - The inspiring conversation I had with @amandatapping about her Nepal trip. I am unbelievably proud of her and, of course #S4K.

I thought this was worth a mention.

Comment

Yay! Doing some cleaning and am finding stuff I bought months ago for Christmas gifts!
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X