Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I might be able to do one of the things on the list of stuff she does, and then I'd need a month to rest up. I wouldn't mind doing more, but I just don't have the stamina or energy ... wait ... aren't stamina and energy the same thing???
    Nope. You can have energy in short bursts!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

^^^^ Yup.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Nope. You can have energy in short bursts!
        Oh, okay. That sounds like me ... short bursts of energy ... and long periods of rest.

Comment

Oh, okay. That sounds like me ... short bursts of energy ... and long periods of rest.
          Exactly!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            I get exhausted too. I'm just not that energetic.
            me either. sometimes just getting up in the morning does me in
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
              Amanda is wonderful. I really admire her for the passion and dedication she has for all her charity projects. It's great that she uses her popularity for a good cause. There should be more people like her.
              there should be!

Originally posted by Carterfan View Post
              Thanks for the headsup on the photos and Amanda's first day. What an incredible experience? And such fulfilling work she is doing.

I was thinking that besides her talents and genuine warmth in all that she does, one of the most amazing thing about her is that she never wastes a single second of the day. She's raising awareness for projects, tooling her talents, tweeting and connecting with her fans, being a wife, being a mother, flying around at fan conventions, etc, etc.

She's the poster girl of 'A purpose driven life'. And whats even more amazing, its that she does it all with a smile and genuine affection.

I get exhausted just thinking about her activities.
              extremely well said

same here! by the end of the work week im more then ready to do nothing...
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

New Nepal blog entry from Amanda.

http://sanctuaryforkids.org/whats-ha...-noh-sleepover

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                  Wow, wow, that's even more beautiful than her first blog. Ever word she wrote was full of love and soul.

Comment

So, general question concerning the Samanda Christmas card exchange. What would you say is the last date to get them in the mail so everyone gets them in time? I haven't even bought my cards yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      So, general question concerning the Samanda Christmas card exchange. What would you say is the last date to get them in the mail so everyone gets them in time? I haven't even bought my cards yet.
                      I personally allow at least a week to 10 days for mail to get to the other side of the pond/world. Add in a few days to allow for the Christmas rush and you should about have it. The British post office issues a leaflet with 'last posting' dates. Maybe other mail companies do the same?

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

In New Zealand it's 6th December. Heaps of people head up to Jerusalem (tiny New Zealand town out in the wop wops) to post theirs for that interesting post mark.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

so...ballpark, international cards from the US, likely the 'drop dead' date of dec 13 or so, national cards, possibly as late as the 18th or so.

but i'd say, if you get them in the mail in the next week or so, you should be fine
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have just spent the afternoon putting together a rough price list for volunteering in Nepal. I even rang the doctor's surgery to check travelers vaccination prices. Next time my mum asks me what I want for my birthday and Christmas she is getting an itemised list with things like "travel insurance" and "typhoid fever vaccination" on it.

This **** is happening, people. Might not be for a year, but it's happening.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

My Pinups for Pink calendar arrived today. It looks great. My heart is warm.
                              sigpic

Comment

I just realized, I joined GW 5 years ago today. It's been a long ride with many ups and downs, but i wouldn't change friendships made here for anything.

((Samanda))
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X