Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    I just went back and watched some Season 1 Stargate episodes and all I can say is - Yay for Old-Skool Carter

Ahem.

/me goes to sleep.
    And I'm glad of this...BUT I'm also glad we got to see Carter's innards...we know her strengths and weaknesses and we know what makes her tick...

So I can look BACK on previous seasons with a more indepth understanding of her character and look FORWARD to a more business-focused Sam but now seeing her with new eyes and with a deeper connection...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Wow! Five blue jellos for this wonderful new banner, Kat!
      Love the pic of Sam/AT - and the Emerson quote is one to live by!
      Thanks so much for creating and posting this for us all
      5 Royal Blues!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Wow! Five blue jellos for this wonderful new banner, Kat!

Love the pic of Sam/AT - and the Emerson quote is one to live by!
        Thanks so much for creating and posting this for us all

5 Royal Blues!

Thanks AstroG!! I love this picture of Sam and I've always liked this quote. It's the motto in which I try to live by. I also think it's very much how Amanda appears to live as well, so I thought the two fit very well together.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          And I'm glad of this...BUT I'm also glad we got to see Carter's innards...we know her strengths and weaknesses and we know what makes her tick...

So I can look BACK on previous seasons with a more indepth understanding of her character and look FORWARD to a more business-focused Sam but now seeing her with new eyes and with a deeper connection...
          Well said, Uber! I agree ... of all the main characters, Sam seems to have been put under the microscope the most regarding personal growth and development these past two seasons. Many of us were deeply affected by what we saw, and her struggles and frustrations have made us even more attached to the character. We are rooting for her success in S9!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Thanks AstroG!! I love this picture of Sam and I've always liked this quote. It's the motto in which I try to live by. I also think it's very much how Amanda appears to live as well, so I thought the two fit very well together.
            Lovely ... amen, sister! Hic comitas regit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Sorry to shatter your illusions, but there's no Dom Perignon in the Royal Liquor Cabinet. It's actually sloe gin. In empty Grolsch bottles.
              Not true, o royal sleuth! As the Royal Pharmacist already knows, the Royal Accountant/Bartender keeps the high-priced stuff under lock and key while she's away ... but it's there!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...WineCellar.jpg

In the meantime, the Royal Bar is open for the sloe gin and blue jello shots! Ya just gotta know where to look ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/RoyalBar.jpg

"Hic" ... comitas regit!

Jester (who's tending the Bar whilst the Bean Counter is astray ... oops, away.)

Comment

Wow, GateWorlds back up. Yay!
                Lucky I had some fanfic to get me thru

Was reading Woman's Work and it's sequal Woman's World by Admiral.
                Woman's Work has Sam trapped offworld, hunted by a Horus Guard (complete with Sam!Whumping ) while Women's World has Sam going back to that same planet to forge an alliance with their people
                I suppose I should warn you that Woman's World as Sam and Pete. Together (post Chimera, pre Affinity). Though why I am including that in the warnings, I'm not sure...
                Oh, it also has Sarah Gardener too! :O

Both great Action/Adventure stories (minimum of ship. I like em like that )

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  LOL Madam VP ... just what are we going to do with you?!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/cupid-1.jpg

Cupid to our gal Sal: "Yes, he's the man of your dreams ... let me sling an arrow or two his way!"

Perhaps a prescription from the Royal Pharmacist to calm you down?!
                  rda, the man of my dreams?... however did you guess?

btw, i can't see the pic from photobucket.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

Here's for you Majorsal, take some mouthfuls of this pure nectar and come back to us !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/gsl0.jpg
                    but i don't 'want' to be cured!

*hugs inflatable rda doll...... pops inflatable rda doll.... oops*

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      but i don't 'want' to be cured!

*hugs inflatable rda doll...... pops inflatable rda doll.... oops*

sally
                      O.O

I hope there's such a thing as inflatable AT dolls...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        oh i'm gonna watch the special. i doubt they have any good spoilers anyway, they rarely do in these things
                        gawd, i forgot it was on. i'm so caught up in stargate starting when amanda/sam returns, that i'm looking at august 19th as 'my' season premier. but i wanted to watch this special, so thanks for the reminder.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

O.O

That's just WRONG on so many levels...

*MB shudders violently*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i am *totally* glad we spent some time in sam's psyche. she went through a 'am i alone? i don't want to be alone. i want to know what love is' crisis. and now she's come to terms with things.

NOW, i want to see some serious sam in command of her professional life too! but let's not ignore the progress of 'threads'

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

O.O

*MB shudders violently*
                              Could be worse. Could be an inflatable Teal'c doll...

Comment

*MB shudders violently*
                                Hey, Sally brought it up first!

Comment

Working...
                                X