Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    I guess I can't say anything since I was at a big mall Tuesday and forgot all about it. But I'll get em Friday.

Speaking of which, S2 of Sanctuary is #59 on Amazons best sellers list.
    And I'm glad to say I am one of those people that helped put it there...got mine deliverer today in the mail. Just picked it up and I'm going to watch it now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      The are 2 entries listed on their site but it comes up "This video will be available in Australia tomorrow" for me.
      Is that the video with Damien and the behind the scenes stuff?
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        I have a victrola complete with a selection of 78's.

I finally gave up my regular phone and got VOIP. Sometimes I still wish I wouldn't have. After the mega blackout here in the Great Lakes area a few years ago, I get nervous about not having a phone. Even with 8 hr battery backup.
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Yep I remember it well ...and was glad our phone worked!
        Don't even try to pretend you know what VOIP is. *pokes Mandy*

An OT bit on VoIP phones:
        Spoiler:

I am working on a new project at the moment and initially, there were some problems getting a user account for me.
        It's finally set up (although they misspelled my name but I don't really care about that), now the only thing that is missing is a phone.
        They use VoIP and we were told they were out of stock of VoIP phones at the moment.

It's a telecommunications company. No, wait, it is *the* telecommunications company in my country.

My mom got a good giggle out of this.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        OK, finally leaving work and off to look for DVDs!
        Atta girl!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I haven't gotten them either. no time to run out to the store

so i'll go to bad fan purgatory
        Or so it seems.

To be honest, I was only sort of aware that season 2 was going to released some time soon.
        I think I'll join you in bad fan purgatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Is that the video with Damien and the behind the scenes stuff?
          No, it's the set visit that SanctuarySeries tweeted about -

Thanks Briana + Chris of Electric Playground (@elecplay) for hanging out on set with us today! Check them out on Citytv and G4 - #Sanctuary
          12:14 PM Jun 15th via web

Here's the website, but it won't air until Friday in Canada so it won't be available on site till then I suppose - http://www.elecplay.com/
          Do a search on Sanctuary and you will get two feature listings come up
          -

Comment

Thanks Briana + Chris of Electric Playground (@elecplay) for hanging out on set with us today! Check them out on Citytv and G4 - #Sanctuary
            Here's the website, but it won't air until Friday in Canada so it won't be available on site till then I suppose - http://www.elecplay.com/
            Oh bummer - it says it will be available in Australia in 6 days...bugger! Thanks for the heads up RoX.
            Curious as to why the delay.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Confessions of a bad fan:

Was having a crazy day in the middle of a crazy week and I completely forgot Sanctuary Season 2 came out on DVD yesterday. D'oh!
              hehe, my mind went straight to confessions of a shopaholic...

I'm the same, I wasn't looking to become a fan, but I did, and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I did. Becoming an AT fan did more than just make me a fan of hers, it introduced me to GW, Samanda and you guys, and it was because of AT I started making YT vids, and met some cool friends because of it. Being an Amanda fan has greatly improved my life, and I want to meet her one day SOOOOO badly to think her.
              AT is the reason i joined GW as well

I was waiting for you to reply to that.
              i cant help it, that topic draws me like a magnet...

I once went to work with a pink eye, and less than an hour later, I got sent home.
              if im cant stay awake or get out of bed sick i stay home, otherwise i go to work... ive been sent home twice...

I also like things passed through generations, it's sweet.
              ive always loved the concept of family heirlooms, theres something about items that are generations old that is just so beautiful...

I was always a cassette boy, I'd even transfer music from disks to tapes.
              i didnt even bother transferring the handful of casettes not stolen with my walkman to disc, i just replaced the albums with the cd...

Oh wow, all to try and enjoy AT and the show a bit better.

Btw-

@ATOnline We are happy to be the first to bring you these new, never before seen pictures from EW's Comic Con shoot (2008) http://bit.ly/cmYXFn

YAY!
              love, love, LOVE those pictures! from the same day as the infamour shot with RDA used on the sam/jack shipper group folder which i also adore!
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

[QUOTE=rderoch;11615648]I have a victrola complete with a selection of 78's.

How cool ! I bet there are some good tunes on those 78s.

Comment

This seems like two very old interviews (at least the first few min of the vids) from S1 of what Sanctuary is all about for those new to the show. Is this the set visit you were talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    This seems like two very old interviews (at least the first few min of the vids) from S1 of what Sanctuary is all about for those new to the show. Is this the set visit you were talking about?
                    No. They just did a visit a couple of days ago. That segment will apparently air tomorrow, but they won't put it online until next Thursday. So we'll have to wait unless a fan uploads the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      No. They just did a visit a couple of days ago. That segment will apparently air tomorrow, but they won't put it online until next Thursday. So we'll have to wait unless a fan uploads the broadcast.
                      Ah, thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out for it then.

Comment

Cool, but do you know what station it'll be on? Oh, and thanks for sharing it with us ahead of time.

Do you not have a) the ability to search a program by name or b) a TV guide? It is on the City TV station whatever that is in your area.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        EP did do a segment on Sanctuary in season 1 as well.

In spoilers for those who haven't seen the extras and don't want to know things ahead of time:

Spoiler:
                        I was disappointed by the AT directs special feature. I expected something along the lines of what we had seen in SG1 DVDs. Instead, other than AT talking about why she wanted to direct, we got other cast members talking about how good she is. Wanted to see more of the process and her actually directing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The Leo Awards site has put up its galleries for this year. Low resolution only, at the moment.

http://www.leoawards.com/events_photography_2010.html

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                            ive always loved the concept of family heirlooms, theres something about items that are generations old that is just so beautiful...
                            Me too. Along with the aforementioned victrola, which was my great aunt's. I have a ring I wear that was another great aunt's wedding ring. I have an upright piano that belonged to my great-great-grandmother. And I have a desk that was my grandmother's. Not sure where the one chair that I have came from. I know it's old and is another heirloom.

[QUOTE=hisg1fans;11618042]
                            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            I have a victrola complete with a selection of 78's.

How cool ! I bet there are some good tunes on those 78s.
                            You know it! I luvs my rock, but you can't beat some great classical or big band.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Hey everyone,

When you guys talk about 78s your talking about records right? I had never seen one until a few years ago, when I was little we used cassette tapes but my Mum bought a CD player when I was about 9 years old I think. Then I got my first MP3 player about 17 years old. I wonder what we'll have in another 15 years?

Sam would be old enough for records, so I wonder what the first one she bought was?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

i have some 45's in the basement and we used to listen to them when we were kids. my mom still has records although she doesn't listen to them. Don't really have any of my cassettes anymore, of course most of the music i bought was movie sountracks and not much of that.

one advantage of the digital age...the ease of 'wow, bro in law has a massive cd collection...guess how i spent my weekend house sitting
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X