Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    whats going on in here today its dead. so to give everyone something to talk about i got a question for you if you could pick one person other than jack for sam to of settled down with who would it be. i pick martouf i thought they had a nice bond before his untimely demise.

Prior to Season 9; I don't ship Sam with anyone; she's concentrating on her career and I don't see anything wrong with that.

After season 9; well definitely NOT Pete and they just had to bring back Orlin a kid.....so I'll go with Malcolm or Teal'c even better stay with her career until she finds a better suitor.
    Last edited by JanSam; 09 April 2010, 01:59 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

just wanna say i didnt mean it to sound like sam needs a man and i agree she has had great friendships. im also glad that during the show that they didnt throw her into lots of relationships i just meant later on in life when she wants to settle down was all. lastly it was only a light hearted question.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Teal'c

*ducks*

seriously though, Malcolm Barrett.
        I kinda like the idea of Teal'c and Sam.....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I kinda like the idea of Teal'c and Sam.....
          I kind of enjoy those two together a bit as well. In fact, I was just watching the "Midway" episode of SGA last night - where Teal'c comes to Atlantis to coach Ronan, and was "awwww"ing over the Sam/Teal'c interaction.
          sigpic

Comment

Wanders in after a long day.....looks around to see relationship discussions....slowly backs away.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Slowly backs in to drop off info re: next S4K auction:

"Our next eBay auction is set to run from April 15th to the 25th. Participants can bid on a Skype chat with Robin Dunne and Amanda Tapping or bid on a walk-on role on the set of Sanctuary. Check the website in April for more details!"

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

"Our next eBay auction is set to run from April 15th to the 25th. Participants can bid on a Skype chat with Robin Dunne and Amanda Tapping or bid on a walk-on role on the set of Sanctuary. Check the website in April for more details!"
                do you have a link for this please... having a bad searching day
                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

What! a walk on role Sancutary?!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool I cant go ebay . Well worth chance but if i go to sancutary to enter sweeptakes to enter role on sancutary? . :_D?
                  Hi guys,
                  I'm deaf and petty much down to eath, fan of original Stargate and Stargate atlantis and Sanctury and I do really enjoy hanging out here, I love those show. Because I adores Amanda tapping and Torri Higginson because they both are my favorite people . Especially Amanda Tapping was My childhood favorite I grew up watching her on SG-1

Torri Higginson is the Lovely down to earth person

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                    do you have a link for this please... having a bad searching day
                    It's not on the S4K website yet. It's from their newsletter which was sent out by e-mail. Don't think I can link that or if I "can" I really can't. I'm the resident Luddite.

Comment

I'm the resident Luddite.
                      A highly contested spot with the resident Canadians

*waits for Mandy to chime in*
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        Heh, I'd say Teal'c as well, though only after Unending when Sam leaves SG-1. Though as a non-shipper I wouldn't have wanted to see the ship on-screen. And I could see Joe as well if the events of 2001 hadn't played out as they did.

I personally enjoy Sam's various friendships the best on-screen, and it kinda frustrates me to an extent when I so often see the slightest interaction she has with almost any guy get interpreted as shippy, with some of course liking it while others don't. When I was first exploring GW, it was baffling to me to see the brief scene in Evolution part 2 where Jack tells Sam he's going after Daniel get slammed by some as being too shippy, as well as other moments in the series (not just S/J) that are cheered as being shippy. It just feels like Sam the friend often gets lost in all the ship/anti-ship stuff, IMHO.

No offense meant to anyone, everyone is free to interpret the show as they wish and I respect that. This is just one of the more frustrating things I've found about fandom in regards to Sam, or most of the female characters to be honest.
                        As odd as this might sound, given my signature, I agree with you completely. I dislike the obsessive reading into every situation... even between Sam and Jack. There is so much more to human relations, indeed to a person, than romantic feelings. I definitely enjoyed watching the relationship between Sam and Jack develop, and I personally feel that they had a very lovely relationship. Do I like to imagine that there's more to their relationship now - yes. Did I want to see anything like a relationship on screen - GOD no! It was the subtle little beats that AT and RDA were so good at that I enjoyed watching (as well as, of course, the AUs ). But, for instance, at the end of "Death Knell" when Sam leans on Jack, I don't think that was "shippy" at all. I guess I'm not what one would consider a "typical shipper", though.

Oooo! Very cool!! But, based on how much the last auction stuff went for, there's no way I'll be able to afford it!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        A highly contested spot with the resident Canadians

*waits for Mandy to chime in*
                        Not Mandy, but... OUCH! Not cool!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to put my tablet and chisel away - got to go to the store *hops on horse & buggy*.......
                        Last edited by _SocraticMethod; 09 April 2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                          HA i suppose there are those like you who dont ship sam/jack. YOU SOULESS INHUMANE BEINGS
                          Or, as we prefer to think of ourselves, those with the good taste not to want to watch a highly decorated USAF officer, intelligent, beautiful woman make an idiot of herself over her commanding officer.

FF
                          Last edited by Frostfox; 09 April 2010, 03:51 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                            Or, as we prefer to think of ourselves, those with the good taste not to want to watch a highly decorated USAF officer, intelligent, beautiful woman make an idiot of herself over her commanding officer.

FF
                            I suggest that you speak only for yourself.

I hate that people denigrate Sam in this sexist fashion. That the "idiocy" and denigration is attached solely to the female in the hypothetical "romance" situation sucks and is totally sexist.

Canonically it has been established that BOTH Sam and Jack have feelings for each other but it has never been explored, a fact that I am quite happy with (mainly because the writers suck at human relationships). However having feelings for someone doesn't make you an idiot, acting inappropriately would do that but Sam has not ever done that, nor has Jack.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

FF
                              Forgive me, but having romantic feelings or desiring a romantic relationship does not make a woman an idiot. Indeed, it doesn't make any person an idiot. We saw in "Divide and Conquer" (and in "Threads" to an extent as well) that both Sam and Jack have feelings for each other - that has been established. I don't think those feelings make either Jack or Sam idiots. That being said, I also do not think (or even wish) that either one spent all of their time pining after, or chasing after, or ogling the other. To think that would be to neglect everything else that there is to a person.

Comment

I think we all like Sam, or at least I'd hope that's why a person is here.

And we all like different part of her or different ways she acts. We all see different things in her. and in this wide and varied thread, and amongst all our likes, we have a bunch of dislikes.

I think it's good to remember that one person's like is another's dislike, and one person's dislike is another's like.

So, just like Sam, let's try to express our dislikes with respect for others likes. If you don't agree, don't agree. No biggie

But those of you that have met her, I don't think you'd ever see or hear Amanda talking about someone's like or dislike the way some of us have been.

But let's post as if were were all in one big room talking to each other, face to face, not sitting behind a keyboard, probably in our jammies (or in Neep's case, without her pants)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X