Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    i got a question for everyone i have been rewatching SG1 and i just watched holiday the one where daniel and machello switch bodies. well theres a scene with sam beside daniel while he is unconcious on a bed where she says "you cant die on me daniel" in a way that implies deep feelings for him possibly romantic.so do you think she had feelings for him at that time or was it more like a sisterly concern for him.
    It probably could have been construed either way at that point...being as early as it was in the series. My guess though is that at that point, she and Daniel were pretty close to each other...both being of the scientific persuasion. They related with each other in ways that neither Teal'c nor Jack could simply because of their shared geekiness.

My sense is that it veered more toward the sisterly/brotherly kind of bond even though like I said, I suppose it could have gone that way potentially.

Theoretically.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I'm with everyone else with this. Sam and Daniel? Definitely best friends or at the very least, respected colleagues in their understanding. I'd go more with the former though. Perhaps at first there was the respect between the two of them as they were gauging each other out, but over the years it's grown much more than this. Nothing romantic, but concern for a friend can make one very emotional just as well.
      I agree, I think Sam and Daniel started out as just colleagues (as did all of SG-1 IMO) but they quickly bonded over all the scientific discoveries and other shared experiences like in Singularity and Gamekeeper and such. I esp liked the bit in Cold Lazarus when they get Teal'c to shoot the crystal, then look so sheepish when they realize they didn't get Hammond's permission.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I always took that as her willing Teal'c to read her and realize it was really her. Kind of like how Bra'tac could tell when Teal'c was still brainwashed.

speaking of lockdown, I love Samnubis.
      Hee, she was quite cool, Anubis must have figured out pretty quickly he could do the most damage if he possessed Sam.

Originally posted by Über View Post
      Hey everyone! Long time no see. How have y'all been?

Anyway... Children of the Gods is on right now and I got all nostalgic and thought I'd stop by and say howdy.

So...Howdy!
      *waves* Howdy

I watched a bit of COTG too, Sam geeking out over the event horizen and the DHD makes me smile every time.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the 'don't you die on me',, well when she's desperate, sam's not above emotional blackmail. her 'teal'c, please' in lockdown and other times. she uses it very, very rarely, but she does use it.
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        and...how often does sam say PLEASE.

not just 'do this please' but a begging 'please'
        Like you said, she uses it when she really needs it, when she's out of all other options, but she knows she can use it so, when she has to, she does.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        I always took that as her willing Teal'c to read her and realize it was really her. Kind of like how Bra'tac could tell when Teal'c was still brainwashed.

speaking of lockdown, I love Samnubis.
        I love Samnubis. I love any dark-side Sam. We really didn't get to see much dark-side Sam and it was so delicious when we did.

Anyway... Children of the Gods is on right now and I got all nostalgic and thought I'd stop by and say howdy.

So...Howdy!
        Hi Uber!
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          I love Samnubis. I love any dark-side Sam. We really didn't get to see much dark-side Sam and it was so delicious when we did.
          I wish they'd explored this side a bit more
          sigpic

Comment

*waves to Uber* - Great to see you!!

Sam & Daniel in Holiday - I agree with everyone else. It really depends if you're wearing shippy glasses or not. Ultimately that scene for me has two purposes: as a way of Sam encouraging Daniel not to give up and to show she cares about him.

It's really up to the viewer whether they interpret that caring as romantic love or as a platonic love. However, given how Daniel manages to convince Machello to swap because of Daniel's love for Sha're...the episode as a whole I don't think emphasises Sam/Daniel shippiness at all.

Sam and Daniel have always come across to me as Sam described them herself in Fallen, as very, very good friends bonded by their shared understanding of what it's like to be so intelligent, and by their joint work on the discoveries they came across in their work, and I do think there's an underlying brother-sister vibe. So that scene for me is all about their friendship and how much Sam cares about Daniel as a friend.
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

So...Howdy!
              Hi Uber(hugs)

My fav bit of COTG is when Sam and Daniel have figured out that they can go to other planets
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

just watched one false step and sam reluctantly admits she talks to her plants still makes me smile after all this time
                Last edited by chrono trigger; 03 April 2010, 07:13 AM. Reason: wrong episode title
                sigpic
                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                  just watched show and tell and sam reluctantly admits she talks to her plants still makes me smile after all this time
                  Me too! I got the badge with that quote at one of the Gabit events. Still cracks me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    Me too! I got the badge with that quote at one of the Gabit events. Still cracks me up.
                    good to see im not the only one that finds the little things amusing.
                    sigpic

Comment

So...Howdy!
                      Howdy! Nice to "see" you again.

As for the Sam/Daniel thing, I see it completely as friendship. I think part of that is due to the fact Daniel was married when they met so it did not occur to either of them to see each other in a romantic way. Loved their friendship and their shared excitement at discovery. One of the big disappointments for me in later seasons (especially 9 & 10) was how TPTB seemed to forget about that wonderful relationship.

BTW, I see similarities in the scenes with Daniel in Holiday and with Cam in AOT (at the end in the infirmary). A lot of people were upset with the latter but I viewed it as similar to Sam giving Daniel a kiss in Holiday.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        I agree, I think Sam and Daniel started out as just colleagues (as did all of SG-1 IMO) but they quickly bonded over all the scientific discoveries and other shared experiences like in Singularity and Gamekeeper and such. I esp liked the bit in Cold Lazarus when they get Teal'c to shoot the crystal, then look so sheepish when they realize they didn't get Hammond's permission.
                        I like that look, too. But I'd say they looked more guilty than sheepish. Like two little kids who did something they hadn't gotten permission to do and knew they should have.

It's right up there with the look between Sam and Daniel in "Tangent" when they rush off to find the Tok'ra operative, who turns out to be Jacob, and when he beams them up to the cargo ship and finds them at the rings - that moment is a riot. I get the giggles every time I see it. Jacob's mad; Sam and Daniel are looking guilty.

Comment

Howdy guys!
                          I just arghhhhhhhhhh can t get in AT.com this time AND Im not going to do that again in future. its it, why ever shall i join that AT.com website since it not let me join. ARGHHHHHHHHHH
                          Hi guys,
                          I'm deaf and petty much down to eath, fan of original Stargate and Stargate atlantis and Sanctury and I do really enjoy hanging out here, I love those show. Because I adores Amanda tapping and Torri Higginson because they both are my favorite people . Especially Amanda Tapping was My childhood favorite I grew up watching her on SG-1

Torri Higginson is the Lovely down to earth person

Comment

Happy Easter guys!

This year it coincides with my mum's 60th so we have had a weekend surrounded by family from around NZ and Australia. Today is the big party with lots of family and friends so all morning (with just chocolate for breakfast) we have been taking orders from mum and dad and slicing, chopping, skewering... This is going to be an epic BBQ. We have already had huge dinners on Friday and Saturday night, so I have what my sister calls a "food baby." She reckons I'm too skinny for the food to go anywhere so I have a belly for the weekend
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                              Happy Easter guys!

This year it coincides with my mum's 60th so we have had a weekend surrounded by family from around NZ and Australia. Today is the big party with lots of family and friends so all morning (with just chocolate for breakfast) we have been taking orders from mum and dad and slicing, chopping, skewering... This is going to be an epic BBQ. We have already had huge dinners on Friday and Saturday night, so I have what my sister calls a "food baby." She reckons I'm too skinny for the food to go anywhere so I have a belly for the weekend
                              happy easter to you too and it sounds like your having a good time.
                              sigpic

Comment

So...Howdy!
                                howdi Über *waves*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Howdy! Nice to "see" you again.

As for the Sam/Daniel thing, I see it completely as friendship. I think part of that is due to the fact Daniel was married when they met so it did not occur to either of them to see each other in a romantic way. Loved their friendship and their shared excitement at discovery. One of the big disappointments for me in later seasons (especially 9 & 10) was how TPTB seemed to forget about that wonderful relationship.

BTW, I see similarities in the scenes with Daniel in Holiday and with Cam in AOT (at the end in the infirmary). A lot of people were upset with the latter but I viewed it as similar to Sam giving Daniel a kiss in Holiday.
                                ive always seen sam's concern for cam as platonic as well... i thought that was a cute little scene at the end of AOT... sam has great friendships with the rest of the team, and i always saw that scene as making sure a friend was ok when hed just gone through a tough time...

another brotherly/sisterly moment that crosses between both pairs is in arthur's mantle... when sam and cam become out of phase and start poking/pushing each other with sam getting harder then cam... she then goes through the same process when daniel becomes out of phase... that scene so reminds me of my brother and i...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
                                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Working...
                                X