Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Cananda Day!

This is great, both a Canadian and a US holiday! More reasons to feast and eat cake!

MajorSam, great pic, I only wish you weren't so teensy. LOL But from what I can see, you look great in uniform!

The great thunder boomer blew over.....and of course I turned off my crappy pc and lost the great Sam screensaver. I'll try and load it again.

OK, off to the kitchens.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      You're not alone! LOL That was my first thought when I read the Spoilers tonight too. Thank goodness, it's not Sam taking the heat for her behavior! Let's see what the fans do with that.
      Well, first of all, they won't see it as Daniel making a mistake...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Lol, I decided to upload a pic of my Canada Day exploits

Yay for me leading!

*Trundles off in solo-Canadian crazy Canada Jig *
        Woo!! Congrats on leading the parade!!! I can't say I've ever lead a parade before, but I have been in several of them. I got to ride a float with the Mayor of Sonoma, Calif once and I marched in many parades with my HS marching band. We even did a parade up in Victoria, BC once.

Comment

I'll follow Lida's lead...

Originally posted by majorsal
          spoilers for s9

i wonder what the scene will be like when sam just 'walks through the door' in her return in beach head?

I'm hoping it will be obvious that the men and women of the SGC are glad she's back.

what will sam's relationship with mitchell be like?

One of equals and mutual respect.

did teal'c and daniel refuse to officially rejoin sg1 without sam?

I don't have my hopes up, although the patch issue is very interesting. I think it would be really cool if it were true.

will sam and vala like and respect each other? (i hope they do)

I have a hard time seeing Sam really respecting someone with such a background in crime... especially if Vala has caused Daniel harm or put him in serious danger unnecessarily. I can see them getting along okay since Sam is so professional that she gets along with just about everybody. And who knows, maybe Vala will do something to eventually earn Sam's respect

will sam like landry's leadership?

Yes

will sam command sg1?

Yes

will sam still be in the military?

Yes

does sam get infected with the plague in 'the fourth horsemen'?

Either she does or Cassie does

will sam have a scene with baal in ex deus machina?

I certainly hope so!

in 'the fourth horseman', what does 'Sam struggles to help save the world under an incredible emotional strain' mean for sam carter?

Either she is dying herself, or someone she loves is dying

in 'the fourth horseman, orlin's mind comes under attack by the supernatural powers of the Ori; will this happen to sam as well?

No

what is sam's future with the sg1?

Long and exciting!

what is sam's future with sgc?

See above...

what is my future with this show?

That depends on you...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
            Something you said got me going. WHY did TPTB make Cam a Lt. Col.? Couldn't they just have easily made him a Major (very believeable) and thus not have the issue of him being in command. OR, just make him a full Col. and let him have command (Ack, did I just type that????). I think TPTB enjoy ringing our bells.....not very nice of them, as they are where they are because of us!

(stomps out of the thread)
            Well, it sounds like they probably considered making him a major at some point in time since at least one website listed him as such. But they probably didn't want their leading man having to say "Yes, sir, no, sir" to Sam when she comes back and takes command. They would rather that they interact as equals, which makes perfect sense to me. By this logic, him being a Lt. Colonel is actually a good sign that Sam will be taking charge when she gets back.

As for Sam being in the military or not... it doesn't make much sense to me that she wouldn't be. I can understand shippers wanting it perhaps, but since TPTB have already emphasized that they're keeping Sam's romantic life out of the storylines this season, they would gain nothing by keeping her a civilian. And I'm not sure the AF would want an SG team with only one military person on it... nor the writers, since that might somewhat dilute the
            military aspect of the show.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i think theymade cam a lt col so that they remove that whole 'sir' 'maam' bit

if they're the same rank, they can call each other by their first names and i think they might be going more for a friendship angle than a 'co/second' relationship
              Yep. My thoughts exactly!

My LJ

Comment

Ok, my husband officially thinks I'm crazy after seeing this wall...but he did say it was a good kind of crazy.

Sam Carter S9 Promo Wall

Comment

Here's another S9 wallpaper. Kat, I'm glad we didn't choose the same picture! Love yours, it looks great.

Season 9 Team Wallpaper

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    AND ONLY
                    50 MORE DAYS
                    UNTIL
                    SAM WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR
                    IN BEACH HEAD

thanks! there's my countdown!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

The Royal Researcher Reports:

Tonight, Sam makes her first S-9 appearance on Gateworld!!!!!

Other photos, including two team shots, are posted at:
                      http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

I know the photo is too big, but gosh, it's our first new view of our Queen!
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 01 July 2005, 05:56 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

gateworld has new team pics!

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/photos_s9cast.shtml

amanda looks *fabulous*!, and the others aren't bad either.

(seriously missing rda/jack... )

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                          i think theymade cam a lt col so that they remove that whole 'sir' 'maam' bit

if they're the same rank, they can call each other by their first names and i think they might be going more for a friendship angle than a 'co/second' relationship
                          Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Yep. My thoughts exactly!
                          Me too! I must say that I would probably stop watching SG-1 if Sam was demoted. However, I can't see it happening!
                          1. Sam has 8 yrs seniority over Mitchell on being part of an SG team.
                          2. Sam WAS the leader of SG-1 before.
                          3. Daniel and Teal'c would fight for Sam's right to be the leader just like in "Shades of Grey".
                          4. The character of Sam would see it as a demotion and therefore probably wouldn't accept the position. Who is going to force her to work under Mitchell??
                          5. Jack wouldn't allow her to be demoted either.
                          As far as the SciFi promo picture.... PATHETIC!! Whoever is doing the promotion for SciFi needs to take some marketing lessons. I mean, both Stargate shows are SciFi's cash cows, and someone doesn't know how to milk!

And another thing....How does that German site get the scoops before anyone else? They always seem to have the latest pictures and spoilers. The Free Translator isn't that helpful; but, I guess you get what you pay for.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                            Bummed that she is, I guess. It's the shipper in me that wants her out. It just frees up the whole "regs" issue. And I'm still going with the belief that Jack's still in. It could be the other way around - she's in and he's retired.
                            if i'm remembering correctly, the regs issue isn't an issue for sam and jack anymore. as long as sam's not directly under jack's command (him writing up her reviews and such), a relationship isn't taboo for them.

i'm *so* happy to see amanda/sam getting attention! did you guys notice that sg1 is wearing black in the team photos? like it.

i've looked through two tv guides, though, and can't find that at/bb pic for the next weeks guide. but at least i've got the photo from you guys.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              I'm disgusted that they didn't have O'Neill retire - if they were/are going to ship J&S it would have been *so* awesome to see a major scifi show where the macho guy retires while the lead woman gets to continue with her career - and it would fit with what RDA is doing (retiring from the show to be with his daughter). I'm OK with ship and romance (and I like it if it's written well), but I will detest the show if they keep the male (O'Neill) in the military when he's definitely at retirement age -and the actor has left the show!!! - and have the female (Sam) leave the service in order to facilitate shipping J&S - she's 10-15 years younger and still has the heart of her career ahead of her - Jack's already had his - and after all he's done, he deserves to retire and be happy. The show could have written him as a civilian advisor and ambassador to aliens such as the Asgard so that he could still appear in occassional episodes or movies and be part of the rip-roaring world-saving heroics. I have nothing against J&S ship, but I hate seeing lead female roles portraying women in such an old-fashioned.... sigh... stopping rant... dismounting soapbox... waiting forlornly for AT's appearances in Season 9.
                              spoilers for s8's threads and s9

Spoiler:
                              i think, if one of them quits, it'll be jack. it was made an issue in 'threads', so i feel it's foreshadowing for the future. but (thinking here)... a reference to sam only being in the air force because of jacob was also made in 'threads', so... BUT, i think it'll be jack, 'if' it happens at all. but to ship them together, neither one has to retire/resign their commission for it to happen now.

i think sam's still in the military. in the dvd season ender interview with amanda, she said she wanted sam to plan out and lead missions. i think this will happen, even though i don't know how 'much' of it there will be.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                I'm disgusted that they didn't have O'Neill retire - if they were/are going to ship J&S it would have been *so* awesome to see a major scifi show where the macho guy retires while the lead woman gets to continue with her career - and it would fit with what RDA is doing (retiring from the show to be with his daughter). I'm OK with ship and romance (and I like it if it's written well), but I will detest the show if they keep the male (O'Neill) in the military when he's definitely at retirement age -and the actor has left the show!!! - and have the female (Sam) leave the service in order to facilitate shipping J&S - she's 10-15 years younger and still has the heart of her career ahead of her - Jack's already had his - and after all he's done, he deserves to retire and be happy. The show could have written him as a civilian advisor and ambassador to aliens such as the Asgard so that he could still appear in occassional episodes or movies and be part of the rip-roaring world-saving heroics. I have nothing against J&S ship, but I hate seeing lead female roles portraying women in such an old-fashioned.... sigh... stopping rant... dismounting soapbox... waiting forlornly for AT's appearances in Season 9.
                                The Samandan Multi-Bean Award goes to Keeper of the Flame!

Yes, how daring would that be and what a powerful message to be sent to other women and men who may actually be making similar choices.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Background.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X