Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    ROFLMAO!!!! Thank you Coley for this ... it really does put the new Stargate season into perspective for me at least. I guess there really isn't much use getting ourselves bothered by such things. There are just some things in life you can not control: women get PMS and men are just pigs (OK, maybe not all of them, but a good deal of them. ) ROFL.

EDIT: The other day I posted a note about my new puppy... here's a picture of her( as well as my kids ) if anyone is interested.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/foreversg1/
    They are a spectacular bunch. You have a lovely family ForeverSG1.
    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

i agree. i think that sam was due. she'd been a major for almost 5 years. that's in line from all i've heard.

jack just got to fill out the paperwork and actually get word and things like that

promotions have to go by a promotions board, they're not just something you can hand out like it's candy, especially up in the upper ranks
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

And AgentDark and 1speed4sam and the other wonderful guys who post here are definitely some of the good guys!
        Hah! If I happened to spot AT walking past the window, I don't think you'd say the same thing!

Comment

Cute kid, Forever! That pic looks like it's straight out of a puppy chow commercial or something!

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!! Thank you Coley for this ... it really does put the new Stargate season into perspective for me at least. I guess there really isn't much use getting ourselves bothered by such things. There are just some things in life you can not control: women get PMS and men are just pigs (OK, maybe not all of them, but a good deal of them. ) ROFL.

EDIT: The other day I posted a note about my new puppy... here's a picture of her( as well as my kids ) if anyone is interested.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/foreversg1/
            Cute puppy! And beautiful kids! While I was looking, it went into slide show mode. I hope you don't mind, but I looked at your other pix. The pool certainly looks inviting! When is the Shipper Pool Party?

Comment

Hi Samfans, just popped in to say hi...

I'm watching 48hr and I'm ROFLMAO with the interaction between Sam and McKay, I have to say, I love RDA/Jack, but Sam has had some clasics.

Does "Go Suck a Lemon" ring any bells? genius!

PS: Regarding the promotion I agree with Skydiver, my dad use to be in the military and has a bunch of friends... general and stuff in my country you are up for a promotion every 4 years, but when it gets at higher level, major-colonel-general, it is a board who decides and it is signed and approved by the president.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                Beautiful puppy, beautiful daughter and I will assume, your beautiful, err, handsome son? Wow!!!!! You are one lucky Samandan! I wish you continued health and happiness for your whole BEAUTIFUL family.
                Thank you for your kind words, to everyone who commented. You Samandans are much too sweet!

Actually the boy is my 14yr old nephew (though at 6ft tall he hardly looks 14). He's my brother's son, but my husband and I have had custody of him for over five years now.

I wish I could say they both got their looks from me, but I think it comes from other sides of the family. LOL

As for my photographic abilities, I wish I could take credit for those as well. I think I was just really lucky on these photographs. I just put the kids and puppy on the bench in the back yard and pointed a digital camera at them and told them to say cheese. But I appreciate it....really.

And the pool is always open, at least during the summer, so anytime you are in the mood for a dip... just call up the gang and it's party time!! LOL
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 29 June 2005, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your very kind comments, Atteria. Actually the boy is my 14yr old nephew (though at 6ft tall he hardly looks 14). He's my brother's son, but my husband and I have had custody of him for over five years now.
                  I wish I could say they both got their looks from me, but I think it comes from other sides of the family. LOL
                  Adorable little girl and handsome nephew ... methinks some of those genes come from your side of the family! Now, the puppy is on his own and is a cutie too.

BTW, I agree with my fellow Samandan ... that pool is just begging for a Samanda Gala Event! I can see Murray and his Merry Minstrels playing a Jimmy Buffet medley while we all line up for our Margaritas and sunscreen!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                    I know I promised you all a barbeque, and I'm working on it for the July 4th holiday weekend (we American's love our fireworks and picnics), so I thought I'd bake a cake (heavy on the marzipan) to get you in the mood. This IS a cake, so please use a knife and fork and remember, dinner (or lunch) first!

And as always, NO calories or fat.....

Compliments of your Royal Baker
                    Oh Royal Baker ... don't forget that we'll be eating poolside at the Royal Nanny's humble abode!

Love the unusual cake ... does this mean we can "have our cake and 'meat' it too?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                      Oh Yea Times Single Report Edition(Written and Edited by the Royal Accountant)

How (Most) Men Are

It was hot – very hot – and humid. The air conditioning was on (a single, small, portable electric fan) and all the (2) windows were open. But still up here on the 5th floor the heat was oppressive.

I’d just come back from a rather fraught meeting with the Director of Highways (my boss) and walked into the office to be confronted with the sight of 3 of the 5 chaps I’m in charge of lolling out of the window.

It took me all of a few seconds to realise that it was not the temperature heat which was getting to them, but the sight of some “hot tottie” walking by wearing what I assume (as I wasn’t near the windows) was next to nothing. Mouths were open and eyes out on stalks. I wondered if the drool had actually made it to ground level yet. I said nothing.

“Not bad eh!”

One of the chaps said. He and one other pulled back from the window a little and saw me. Spotting a superb opportunity one of them said to the other chap who was still gawking out of the other window totally transfixed and unaware of my presence.

“What do you think Andy?”

“Not Bad! She has a nice pair – they’re fair bobbing along”

Rather pleased with himself the goading chap continued

“Your cup of tea?”

“I certainly wouldn’t say no to a girl with a nice large pair like that!”

It was my turn:-

“I’ve heard it all now Andy!”

His head shot up and hit the window bottom. He stuttered a bit “uhhhoh!” He went red and sat at his desk hiding himself behind the computer.

“Are you really that basic?” I asked him?

“I thought you would know at your age we all are!”

He scored points for managing to fit a veiled insult into his reply.

I sighed – thought of Vala and chest revealing costumes and had to finally accept that the character will please more Stargate Fans than it annoys.

It is just how (most) men are!!!
                      As one who has supervised people here in the States, corporate protocol would have required me to call the chaps into my office for a short, but not nasty, lecture on what consitutes sexual harassment in the work place. I would have also had to remind them to be careful about what they say and who is around when they say it. Then, I would have to ask them if we understood each other, and wait for their agreement. After that, I would have to say, "So I can trust that we won't have to have this conversation again?" Then, they would have to verbally agree. After that, I would thank them for their time and send them back to work!

We're such a litigious society over here that managers have to be very careful to nip such things in the bud.....or end up as accessories after the fact!

Alas, my online time has been much too short tonight! I wish each of you a wonderful new day, regardless of the continent on which it dawns! Talk to you tomorrow!
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 29 June 2005, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Adorable little girl and handsome nephew ... methinks some of those genes come from your side of the family! Now, the puppy is on his own and is a cutie too.

BTW, I agree with my fellow Samandan ... that pool is just begging for a Samanda Gala Event! I can see Murray and his Merry Minstrels playing a Jimmy Buffet medley while we all line up for our Margaritas and sunscreen!
                        LOL, I'm so sorry bout the pictures of the house and pool. I was showing a friend the pictures of the new puppy and decided it was easier to add pics of the landscaping job to my yard on the site as well rather than email them to her. I totally forgot I had posted the site and people might be looking at them. I promise to keep things more OT in the future. I just couldn't pass up showing you my new puppy. She's really a sweetie (though you wouldn't believe it by the way she is whining at the moment.)

Comment

LOL, I'm so sorry bout the pictures of the house and pool. I was showing a friend the pictures of the new puppy and decided it was easier to add pics of the landscaping job to my yard on the site as well rather than email them to her. I totally forgot I had posted the site and people might be looking at them. I promise to keep things more OT in the future. I just couldn't pass up showing you my new puppy. She's really a sweetie (though you wouldn't believe it by the way she is whining at the moment.)
                          Don't ever apologize for showing your friends pictures of your beautiful home and pool. I'm blown away by the pics of your fantastic family. The puppy is adorable, your daughter is gorgeous, what eyes! And your nephew will need to be locked away from ALL females. You are truly blessed, so don't ever apologize. I'm sure everyone on this thread is tickled to see all the pics and I'm also certain they wish you nothing but the best. I know I do.

I have to admit to being a lurker.....but tonight I had to just drop in briefly to say "hi" to everyone and to comment on your family. I miss all of you and I'm thrilled this thread has remained as wonderful a haven as it always was. Your new baker seems quite talented....and ChopinGal, that remark about having your "cake and meat it too" was hilarious!

I won't take up your time, but I just had to tell you what a fabulous group you all are. Darren wrote to me and said it would be fine with him if I returned, but I guess I'm still gun shy. I've read a few threads and things can still get a tad nasty. I guess I just have to plunge in again, but it's hard. Lots going on, you know.

Hope to be able to join you all again soon. Maybe I'll work off some nervous energy and try to make a new sig. Wish they would post new pics of Sam, I'm getting weary of looking at Vala.

Take care and stay well.

Lida/Sam
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

I won't take up your time, but I just had to tell you what a fabulous group you all are. Darren wrote to me and said it would be fine with him if I returned, but I guess I'm still gun shy. I've read a few threads and things can still get a tad nasty. I guess I just have to plunge in again, but it's hard. Lots going on, you know.

Hope to be able to join you all again soon. Maybe I'll work off some nervous energy and try to make a new sig. Wish they would post new pics of Sam, I'm getting weary of looking at Vala.

Take care and stay well.

Lida/Sam
                            lida, welcome back!

always remember, when you leave home (this thread) and you see the big, dark world out there (other threads)... just come back home and we'll take care of you.

(or better yet, just stick HERE! )

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              Don't ever apologize for showing your friends pictures of your beautiful home and pool. I'm blown away by the pics of your fantastic family. The puppy is adorable, your daughter is gorgeous, what eyes! And your nephew will need to be locked away from ALL females. You are truly blessed, so don't ever apologize. I'm sure everyone on this thread is tickled to see all the pics and I'm also certain they wish you nothing but the best. I know I do.

I have to admit to being a lurker.....but tonight I had to just drop in briefly to say "hi" to everyone and to comment on your family. I miss all of you and I'm thrilled this thread has remained as wonderful a haven as it always was. Your new baker seems quite talented....and ChopinGal, that remark about having your "cake and meat it too" was hilarious!

Take care and stay well.

Lida/Sam

Hi Lida nice to see you back on this thread, please don't stay away for long as it's always interesting to read what you have to say
                              Take care
                              ......TARA......

Comment

i want to post (but NOT take credit for) some pics that an s/j shipper posted on the shipper thread. amanda's really cute in them (when isn't she )

link to original post: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5560

i wonder what rda said to amanda to make her laugh so?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X