Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Ok here's a few one liners and Sam quotes I could find or think of tonight. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for more.

    This isn’t a Sam quote but I think it’s cool anyway because it’s about Sam.
    Jack: We can work miracles! ...That's what it'll look like to them.
    Daniel: That's what 'what' will look like to them?
    Jack: Whatever Carter comes up with, I don't know.
    -Red Sky


    One liners:

    "I guess I've always had a thing for the lunatic fringe."

    -The First Commandment

    "Holy Hannah!" - Cold Lazarus

    Sam: Narim... Is that my voice?
    - "Between Two Fires"


    Sam: "Drop the weapon. You ever seen one of these things work? 'Cause there's nothing more I'd like to do right now than demonstrate."
    - Fair Game

    Sam: "Why do I feel like I'm in a women behind bars movie?"
    -Hathor

    Sam Quotes:



    Daniel: "It was trying to communicate with us."
    Sam: "I don't know the magic password. Do you?"

    - Cold Lazarus

    Jack: All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence.

    Sam: Well, in view of the fact that you all get to go to this party tonight and I get to stay in the yurt, that smalls like rancid yak butter, none taken. I'll just get a good night’s sleep, and hope for better luck next time.

    Jack: You going to be alright?

    Sam: Still doubting me? I haven't been afraid of the dark since I was two.

    Jack: You look great
    -Emancipation


    Carter to Daniel who's feeling her chest through her ripped clothes:
    Hey, what are you looking at?
    Daniel: I felt that blast kill me. I mean, I thought I...I thought we were dead. Weren't we dead?
    Sam: Yeah...
    Daniel: Ok. Well I thought heaven would be a little more upscale.
    Sam: Oh...I don't think this is heaven.

    -The Nox


    Jonas Quinn: Hey, Major? How do I know what color to wear?
    Sam: We call each other every morning.

    -Redemption


    Corso: You're an officer in your homeworld's military, you're a scientist, an explorer, and apparently you're a pretty fair mechanic.
    Sam: And I make a mean souffle.

    -Forsaken

    Sam: So Dad, you really don't think we have a chance of finding this Goa'uld, do you?
    Jacob: It was the mission Garshaw assigned me.
    Sam: You didn't request it? Dad?
    Jacob: Why would I request it?
    Sam: Come on, would it be so awful to admit that you just wanted a chance to see me?
    Jacob: Of course not, you're right. That's why I requested it.
    Sam: Okay, so that's obviously not the reason.

    -Seth

    Samantha: "Nice...hair."
    Sam: "Ah, Air Force."
    Samantha: "I can't imagine that, going military."
    Sam: "Wow, I can't imagine not."

    -POV

    Teal'c: "The destruction of the hammer device to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible."
    Jack: "General, I gave the order."
    Daniel: "And I fired the staff at the machine."
    Sam: "And I...was there."

    - Thor's Chariot


    Dr. Markov: Is he always like this?
    Sam: Actually, this is quite charming.
    - Watergate


    Jack: Carter? Any idea what this thing is yet?
    Sam: No, sir, but the technology is very advanced,
    Jack: So... what? Two hours?
    Sam: Very advanced.
    -Ascension


    Sam: Your world famous omlette??? What's in it?
    Jack: Eggs... and there's a secret ingredient.
    Sam: It's beer, isn't it?
    -Citizen Joe


    Sam: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded."
    Jack: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest."
    [Everyone, including Sam, eventually raise their hand]
    -Fallen


    AU Sam: I don’t really like guns."
    AU Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?"
    AU Sam: Those I like a little better."
    - Moebius


    Jack: "Will you two give it a rest? Both of you. You've been at this for 24 hours. You need rest."
    Merrin: "I do not need to. Uroan children require little sleep."
    Sam: "Okay, now I am jealous." - Learning Curve


    Jack: "What's with the 'worm' part? The worm thing? I...I don't get that."
    Sam: "Um, that's just a metaphor."
    Jack: "Alright, I knew that."
    Sam: "Imagine the galaxy is an apple. We burrow our way through the apple like a worm, crossing from one side to another instead of going around the outside."
    Jack does some heavy thinking...still thinking... Sam stares at him waiting for some sign of understanding from him. Finally, he responds: "Okay."
    Sam: "Now, of course, the diameter of the apple is just a two-dimensional representation of space-time and, well, the hole isn't really a hole per se but an incremental conduit..." She cuts herself off, realizing Jack is starting to tune her out. "Colonel?"
    Jack: "Okay." He makes some cute finger gestures. "I'll be alright."
    Sam, smiling: "Okay. - Matter of Time
    Those are great, ForeverSg1!!!!! You gave me a late-night giggle.....several, to be exact! Thanks for sharing!

    Comment


      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Ok here's a few one liners and Sam quotes I could find or think of tonight. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for more.

      This isn’t a Sam quote but I think it’s cool anyway because it’s about Sam.
      Jack: We can work miracles! ...That's what it'll look like to them.
      Daniel: That's what 'what' will look like to them?
      Jack: Whatever Carter comes up with, I don't know.
      -Red Sky


      One liners:

      "I guess I've always had a thing for the lunatic fringe."

      -The First Commandment

      "Holy Hannah!" - Cold Lazarus

      Sam: Narim... Is that my voice?
      - "Between Two Fires"


      Sam: "Drop the weapon. You ever seen one of these things work? 'Cause there's nothing more I'd like to do right now than demonstrate."
      - Fair Game

      Sam: "Why do I feel like I'm in a women behind bars movie?"
      -Hathor

      Sam Quotes:



      Daniel: "It was trying to communicate with us."
      Sam: "I don't know the magic password. Do you?"

      - Cold Lazarus

      Jack: All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence.

      Sam: Well, in view of the fact that you all get to go to this party tonight and I get to stay in the yurt, that smalls like rancid yak butter, none taken. I'll just get a good night’s sleep, and hope for better luck next time.

      Jack: You going to be alright?

      Sam: Still doubting me? I haven't been afraid of the dark since I was two.

      Jack: You look great
      -Emancipation


      Carter to Daniel who's feeling her chest through her ripped clothes:
      Hey, what are you looking at?
      Daniel: I felt that blast kill me. I mean, I thought I...I thought we were dead. Weren't we dead?
      Sam: Yeah...
      Daniel: Ok. Well I thought heaven would be a little more upscale.
      Sam: Oh...I don't think this is heaven.

      -The Nox


      Jonas Quinn: Hey, Major? How do I know what color to wear?
      Sam: We call each other every morning.

      -Redemption


      Corso: You're an officer in your homeworld's military, you're a scientist, an explorer, and apparently you're a pretty fair mechanic.
      Sam: And I make a mean souffle.

      -Forsaken

      Sam: So Dad, you really don't think we have a chance of finding this Goa'uld, do you?
      Jacob: It was the mission Garshaw assigned me.
      Sam: You didn't request it? Dad?
      Jacob: Why would I request it?
      Sam: Come on, would it be so awful to admit that you just wanted a chance to see me?
      Jacob: Of course not, you're right. That's why I requested it.
      Sam: Okay, so that's obviously not the reason.

      -Seth

      Samantha: "Nice...hair."
      Sam: "Ah, Air Force."
      Samantha: "I can't imagine that, going military."
      Sam: "Wow, I can't imagine not."

      -POV

      Teal'c: "The destruction of the hammer device to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible."
      Jack: "General, I gave the order."
      Daniel: "And I fired the staff at the machine."
      Sam: "And I...was there."

      - Thor's Chariot


      Dr. Markov: Is he always like this?
      Sam: Actually, this is quite charming.
      - Watergate


      Jack: Carter? Any idea what this thing is yet?
      Sam: No, sir, but the technology is very advanced,
      Jack: So... what? Two hours?
      Sam: Very advanced.
      -Ascension


      Sam: Your world famous omlette??? What's in it?
      Jack: Eggs... and there's a secret ingredient.
      Sam: It's beer, isn't it?
      -Citizen Joe


      Sam: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded."
      Jack: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest."
      [Everyone, including Sam, eventually raise their hand]
      -Fallen


      AU Sam: I don’t really like guns."
      AU Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?"
      AU Sam: Those I like a little better."
      - Moebius


      Jack: "Will you two give it a rest? Both of you. You've been at this for 24 hours. You need rest."
      Merrin: "I do not need to. Uroan children require little sleep."
      Sam: "Okay, now I am jealous." - Learning Curve


      Jack: "What's with the 'worm' part? The worm thing? I...I don't get that."
      Sam: "Um, that's just a metaphor."
      Jack: "Alright, I knew that."
      Sam: "Imagine the galaxy is an apple. We burrow our way through the apple like a worm, crossing from one side to another instead of going around the outside."
      Jack does some heavy thinking...still thinking... Sam stares at him waiting for some sign of understanding from him. Finally, he responds: "Okay."
      Sam: "Now, of course, the diameter of the apple is just a two-dimensional representation of space-time and, well, the hole isn't really a hole per se but an incremental conduit..." She cuts herself off, realizing Jack is starting to tune her out. "Colonel?"
      Jack: "Okay." He makes some cute finger gestures. "I'll be alright."
      Sam, smiling: "Okay. - Matter of Time

      Wow, thse are great, ForeverSg1---thanks for posting these!! And thanks to NC for the audio ones too!

      Comment


        I'm probably way of line here, but I have to say this. This thread is dedicated to Sam...the character, the actress, her roles, etc. I don't think this is the place to "trash", even in a "nice" way, the character played by Claudia Black, Vala or her costumes (or lack thereof). There are many threads out there doing just that, ad nauseum. I realize we are all getting antsy for the new season to start, and for our wonderful Sam to return, however, let's not sink to the level of some other posters and bash Vala, without even having seen one single new episode, with her in it. If it's as bad as many think it will be, I'll be the first to admit it. Until then, lets continue to focus on our favorite subject, Sam.

        Rant over, please resume normal activities.

        BTW, Great quotes!

        Comment


          Those were great! You came up with ones I hadn't even thought of before!

          This one's not so much a Sam quote as it is a group quote:

          DANIEL: So this iris is gonna hold right?

          CARTER: Pure titanium. Less than three micrometers from the event horizon. It won't even allow matter to fully reintegrate.

          O'NEILL: So this iris is gonna hold, right?

          CARTER: If it doesn't, the failsafe device will detonate, this whole mountain will vapourise and there'll be nothing to worry about.

          O'NEILL: Ah. Good, I feel much better.


          ~ The Enemy Within

          or...

          (Warrick hands Carter a book.)

          CARTER: "What is this?"

          WARRICK: "A complete operations manual for the Seberus. I had it translated for you."

          (Jack and Daniel come to look over her shoulder.)

          CARTER: "Thank you."

          O'NEILL: "That's not our language!"

          CARTER: "It's mine...sir."


          ...

          Teal'c: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."

          (Sam glances at Jack after catching onto Teal'c's plan. Jack looks suspicious.)

          Jack: "Yeah... I know the feeling."


          ~ Space Race - not exactly a fave amongst the general population, but I liked the random team scenes...

          Or...

          CARTER: Have you not had your coffee this morning?

          DAD: Selmak doesn't like coffee.

          CARTER: You gave up coffee for your symbiote? I didn't know that.

          DAD: We never talk anymore, Sam.


          ~ Death Knell

          Jacob/Sam quotes kill me!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Atteria
            I'm probably way of line here, but I have to say this. This thread is dedicated to Sam...the character, the actress, her roles, etc. I don't think this is the place to "trash", even in a "nice" way, the character played by Claudia Black, Vala or her costumes (or lack thereof). There are many threads out there doing just that, ad nauseum. I realize we are all getting antsy for the new season to start, and for our wonderful Sam to return, however, let's not sink to the level of some other posters and bash Vala, without even having seen one single new episode, with her in it. If it's as bad as many think it will be, I'll be the first to admit it. Until then, lets continue to focus on our favorite subject, Sam.

            Rant over, please resume normal activities.

            BTW, Great quotes!
            Nah, you're right Atteria. When I first read your post, I was a bit skeptical, but you're totally right. I'm afraid that I've been a part of the group to take out my frustration and confusion on Vala/CB, and I'm definitely going to be backing off of that bandwagon. And you are so right in your statement that we cannot sink to that level...

            I'm not willing to sacrifice another character for the sanctity of Sam, because I don't believe that that's what this thread is all about. If anything, we should be finding ways for these two strong characters to unite in some way.

            If it's SciFi's plan to sexify future female characters, we can only assume that it will be at the expense of Sam/AT, Vala/CB, Janet/TR, Teyla/RL, and Elizbaeth/TH - and every other strong woman who has been, is, and will ever be on these shows. I really believe that these five actresses would be distressed to find that their characters could easily be reduced to nothing more than eye candy for the masses. The idea alone must be at least a bit disturbing. And they all deserve so much more than that.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Ok here's a few one liners and Sam quotes I could find or think of tonight. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for more.

              One liners:

              "I guess I've always had a thing for the lunatic fringe."

              -The First Commandment

              "Holy Hannah!" - Cold Lazarus

              Sam: Narim... Is that my voice?
              - "Between Two Fires"


              Sam: "Drop the weapon. You ever seen one of these things work? 'Cause there's nothing more I'd like to do right now than demonstrate."
              - Fair Game

              Sam: "Why do I feel like I'm in a women behind bars movie?"
              -Hathor

              Sam Quotes:



              Daniel: "It was trying to communicate with us."
              Sam: "I don't know the magic password. Do you?"

              - Cold Lazarus

              Jack: All things considered, Samantha, if we have to come back here, it might be a better idea to bring an all male team. No offence.

              Sam: Well, in view of the fact that you all get to go to this party tonight and I get to stay in the yurt, that smalls like rancid yak butter, none taken. I'll just get a good night’s sleep, and hope for better luck next time.

              Jack: You going to be alright?

              Sam: Still doubting me? I haven't been afraid of the dark since I was two.

              Jack: You look great
              -Emancipation


              Carter to Daniel who's feeling her chest through her ripped clothes:
              Hey, what are you looking at?
              Daniel: I felt that blast kill me. I mean, I thought I...I thought we were dead. Weren't we dead?
              Sam: Yeah...
              Daniel: Ok. Well I thought heaven would be a little more upscale.
              Sam: Oh...I don't think this is heaven.

              -The Nox


              Jonas Quinn: Hey, Major? How do I know what color to wear?
              Sam: We call each other every morning.

              -Redemption


              Corso: You're an officer in your homeworld's military, you're a scientist, an explorer, and apparently you're a pretty fair mechanic.
              Sam: And I make a mean souffle.

              -Forsaken

              Sam: So Dad, you really don't think we have a chance of finding this Goa'uld, do you?
              Jacob: It was the mission Garshaw assigned me.
              Sam: You didn't request it? Dad?
              Jacob: Why would I request it?
              Sam: Come on, would it be so awful to admit that you just wanted a chance to see me?
              Jacob: Of course not, you're right. That's why I requested it.
              Sam: Okay, so that's obviously not the reason.

              -Seth

              Samantha: "Nice...hair."
              Sam: "Ah, Air Force."
              Samantha: "I can't imagine that, going military."
              Sam: "Wow, I can't imagine not."

              -POV

              Teal'c: "The destruction of the hammer device to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible."
              Jack: "General, I gave the order."
              Daniel: "And I fired the staff at the machine."
              Sam: "And I...was there."

              - Thor's Chariot


              Dr. Markov: Is he always like this?
              Sam: Actually, this is quite charming.
              - Watergate


              Jack: Carter? Any idea what this thing is yet?
              Sam: No, sir, but the technology is very advanced,
              Jack: So... what? Two hours?
              Sam: Very advanced.
              -Ascension


              Sam: Your world famous omlette??? What's in it?
              Jack: Eggs... and there's a secret ingredient.
              Sam: It's beer, isn't it?
              -Citizen Joe


              Sam: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded."
              Jack: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest."
              [Everyone, including Sam, eventually raise their hand]
              -Fallen


              AU Sam: I don’t really like guns."
              AU Jack: Neither do I. How do you feel about explosives?"
              AU Sam: Those I like a little better."
              - Moebius


              Jack: "Will you two give it a rest? Both of you. You've been at this for 24 hours. You need rest."
              Merrin: "I do not need to. Uroan children require little sleep."
              Sam: "Okay, now I am jealous." - Learning Curve


              Jack: "What's with the 'worm' part? The worm thing? I...I don't get that."
              Sam: "Um, that's just a metaphor."
              Jack: "Alright, I knew that."
              Sam: "Imagine the galaxy is an apple. We burrow our way through the apple like a worm, crossing from one side to another instead of going around the outside."
              Jack does some heavy thinking...still thinking... Sam stares at him waiting for some sign of understanding from him. Finally, he responds: "Okay."
              Sam: "Now, of course, the diameter of the apple is just a two-dimensional representation of space-time and, well, the hole isn't really a hole per se but an incremental conduit..." She cuts herself off, realizing Jack is starting to tune her out. "Colonel?"
              Jack: "Okay." He makes some cute finger gestures. "I'll be alright."
              Sam, smiling: "Okay. - Matter of Time
              Wow, Kat! Thanks for all of your hard work putting that post together for us all! What fun to read!
              Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Those were great! You came up with ones I hadn't even thought of before!

              This one's not so much a Sam quote as it is a group quote:

              DANIEL: So this iris is gonna hold right?

              CARTER: Pure titanium. Less than three micrometers from the event horizon. It won't even allow matter to fully reintegrate.

              O'NEILL: So this iris is gonna hold, right?

              CARTER: If it doesn't, the failsafe device will detonate, this whole mountain will vapourise and there'll be nothing to worry about.

              O'NEILL: Ah. Good, I feel much better.


              ~ The Enemy Within

              or...

              (Warrick hands Carter a book.)

              CARTER: "What is this?"

              WARRICK: "A complete operations manual for the Seberus. I had it translated for you."

              (Jack and Daniel come to look over her shoulder.)

              CARTER: "Thank you."

              O'NEILL: "That's not our language!"

              CARTER: "It's mine...sir."


              ...

              Teal'c: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."

              (Sam glances at Jack after catching onto Teal'c's plan. Jack looks suspicious.)

              Jack: "Yeah... I know the feeling."


              ~ Space Race - not exactly a fave amongst the general population, but I liked the random team scenes...

              Or...

              CARTER: Have you not had your coffee this morning?

              DAD: Selmak doesn't like coffee.

              CARTER: You gave up coffee for your symbiote? I didn't know that.

              DAD: We never talk anymore, Sam.


              ~ Death Knell

              Jacob/Sam quotes kill me!
              Great quotes, Dancer!


              A round of the Royal Blue for NC, Kat, and Dancer for posting such fun Sam moments for us all to enjoy! And thanks (and blue jello) to Skydiver for the link to the updated Stargate Novel Archive... and extra strength Blue Jello to all Samfic writers out there who are currently working on their fics (e.g., Strix and Uber and Sky )
              [

              Comment


                Fantastic list forever!!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Coley
                  Fantastic list forever!!
                  I agree (NC and dancer too)!!!

                  But of course, whenever I watch an ep from now on, I'm going to be concentrating so hard on not missing the *Quote of The Day*, I probably will miss out on all the subtle nuances!!!

                  Or maybe it's just because I'm a simple bloke...

                  1s4S

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lys
                    Aah ! The wonderful gaelic words ! Slightly different but they remind me of my time in Ireland.
                    Did you have a Samandan banner to hold on the top of your glorious conquests ?
                    Glad to know that you had a great time despite the blisters.
                    Wonderful words indeed. I can even pronounce some of them correctly!!!

                    And unfortunately, I didn't have a Samandan banner to display, but my pack is predominantly orange(ish) so I'm sure that's a suitable substitute.

                    As for the blisters, they were a price worth paying for the glory of our Queen and People. Besides, they're only little ones...

                    1s4S

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Atteria
                      I'm probably way of line here, but I have to say this. This thread is dedicated to Sam...the character, the actress, her roles, etc. I don't think this is the place to "trash", even in a "nice" way, the character played by Claudia Black, Vala or her costumes (or lack thereof). There are many threads out there doing just that, ad nauseum. I realize we are all getting antsy for the new season to start, and for our wonderful Sam to return, however, let's not sink to the level of some other posters and bash Vala, without even having seen one single new episode, with her in it. If it's as bad as many think it will be, I'll be the first to admit it. Until then, lets continue to focus on our favorite subject, Sam.

                      Rant over, please resume normal activities.

                      BTW, Great quotes!
                      I guess I see things differently. I do not feel I am trashing Claudia Black or Vala. I really have no issues with the actress or the character. The actress has no choice in what she is asked to wear, and I have not voiced any opinions regarding the character Vala. However, I am very upset with what the writers are doing to this character with their choice of clothing.

                      Goddess/Gou'ald or whatever her character may be portraying in these episodes, the clothing choices the writer are making appear to be getting skimpier and skimpier each year. Osiris was a Gou'ald/Goddess and her clothing was very suggestive for Stargate and yet the clothing choices for Vala make Osiris look very subdued in my opinion.

                      Now granted, my opinions about the writers decision to dress the character of Vala so scantily and sexually may not belong on a Sam thread; but since we have seen no photo spoilers in regards to Sam thus far, my concerns for Sam are directly affected by what I have seen in spoilers regarding Vala and the new CMO.

                      However, if I have or am offending others when I voice my opinions about the writers clothing choices (or lack there of) then I apologize and will try to hold my tongue until season nine.

                      Kat
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 June 2005, 01:05 PM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I guess I see things differently. I do not feel I am trashing Claudia Black or Vala. I really have no issues with the actress or the character. The actress has no choice in what she is asked to wear, and I have not voiced any opinions regarding how the character herself. However, I am very upset with what the writers are doing to this character with their choice of clothing. Goddess/Gou'ald or whatever her character may be portraying in these episodes, the clothing choices the writer are making appear to be getting skimpier and skimpier each year. Osiris was a Gou'ald/Goddess and her clothing was very suggestive for Stargate and yet the clothing choices for Vala make Osiris look very subdued in my opinion. Now granted, my opinions about the writers choices in this manner may not belong on a Sam thread, but seen no photo spoilers in regards to Sam thus far, my concerns for Sam are directly affected by what I have seen in spoilers regarding Vala and Dr. Lam.

                        However, if I have or am offending others when I voice my opinions about the writers clothing choices (or lack there of) then I apologize and will try to hold my tongue until season nine.

                        Kat
                        Kat, I honestly didn't mean you or anyone else was trashing CB personally, I know you meant the writers. I know you have enough sense to differentiate between an actor and the lines written for him/her. I am just concerned that we are focusing too much on a perceived lapse in the writers "good sense", rather than waiting to see if they truly screwed up.

                        As for Dr. Lam, well I better not say what I feel, or I'll be doing exactly what my prior post was asking everyone to refrain from.

                        So for now, I'll just wait.....and no Kat, you weren't offending anyone. You have a right to your opinion, as does everyone else. Sorry if you misconstrued my previous post.

                        I too am dismayed by the lack of spoilers for Sam....I'm also very anxious to
                        see some shots of her from the new season.

                        (Maybe it would be best if I refrained from posting until my RL problems are cleared up. I guess I'm not completely myself, and I may be posting things that aren't clear. I apologize.)
                        Last edited by Atteria; 27 June 2005, 01:07 PM.

                        Comment


                          It's the antsiness! The antsiness I tell you! For the love of all that is sacred and good and Stargate-related!!!

                          OK... So... I'm a little anxious for this season to start so we can all stop (or continue) worrying! Someone please club me and wake me up on July 14th.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I guess I see things differently. I do not feel I am trashing Claudia Black or Vala. I really have no issues with the actress or the character. The actress has no choice in what she is asked to wear, and I have not voiced any opinions regarding the character Vala. However, I am very upset with what the writers are doing to this character with their choice of clothing.

                            Goddess/Gou'ald or whatever her character may be portraying in these episodes, the clothing choices the writer are making appear to be getting skimpier and skimpier each year. Osiris was a Gou'ald/Goddess and her clothing was very suggestive for Stargate and yet the clothing choices for Vala make Osiris look very subdued in my opinion.

                            Now granted, my opinions about the writers decision to dress the character of Vala so scantily and sexually may not belong on a Sam thread; but since we have seen no photo spoilers in regards to Sam thus far, my concerns for Sam are directly affected by what I have seen in spoilers regarding Vala and the new CMO.

                            However, if I have or am offending others when I voice my opinions about the writers clothing choices (or lack there of) then I apologize and will try to hold my tongue until season nine.

                            Kat
                            As I'm still nowhere near the *Seasons of Diminishing Clothing*, I can't really comment on this aspect of the show.

                            However, what I would like to say (and yes, I know I've said it before - sorry!) is that I hope the writers don't take this apparent "suggestiveness" to it's ultimate conclusion, and turn Stargate into a trashy, titillating, SF parody.

                            FWIW, I'm still troubled by COTG. I'm sat here with the Royal Accountant's Season 1 DVD box-set. Two of the DVD's are rated 12, and two are rated PG. The fifth (and thus the box-set as a whole) is rated 18, presumably due to the outbreak of full-frontal nudity in COTG. Now I'd like to think that I'm not a prude, but I found that scene embarrassing when I and the RA were watching it together. To my mind it was totally pointless (gratuitous, even), and added nothing to the story. But the effect has been to put Season 1 into the "Adult" category as far as retailers are concerned and, as it says on the tin, "Only suitable for persons of 18 years and over".

                            Is this the way the writers are taking Stargate in the future? I for one hope not.

                            Of course, the 18 rating could also be due to the violence in COTG, but I suspect not.

                            Anyway, that's my two-pennorth. Hope I've not offended anyone either.

                            1s4S

                            Comment


                              I read that TV Guide this week has an advertizement with AT and BB that says something like, Get Ready for the biggest Night of SciFi. TV Guide is doing an article in the following week's issue on the three scifi shows. It seems like the picture is a new one of AT. Does anyone have this?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X