• Show
Clear All

S K Y D I V E R

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Off Topic-ness, but I could do with advice:
      Spoiler:

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this here, but I was technically engaged to this guy in Germany. I was going through this whole phase of wanting to be "normal" when I lived over there and we were dating and he asked me to marry him and I said yes. And according to German law, that is apparently a binding contract. So I was engaged.

I found out on Sunday that he passed away three weeks ago from a long term illness. I've got a card that I want to send to the family (though I ummed and ahhhed over that for a long time, because I was the fiancée that said goodbye, left the country and only checked in and visited twice after that). But I'm really struggling on what to say and write in the card. It's hard enough anyway, because nothing seems adequate. And the fact that it happened three weeks ago and I've only just found out. And then the fact that I have to write all this in German and my German is really rusty because I've not used it in nearly a year.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what I could write or how to approach it, or if they want to spank me and tell me I'm stupid for even thinking of getting in touch after all this time, then I would really appreciate it.

Thank you and sorry for the off-topicness.

OT:

Spoiler:
      For what it is worth, I think you should write. Obviously he was someone you cared about and I think it is comforting for family to know that people care enough to write. Especially when it is tough to do so. So why don't you confess that it is hard to do but you thought he was a good guy and you just want them to know that.

Sky, Happy Birthday from all your Canadian cousins. Have a donut on us!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

I like that AT's lean and healthy, not skin and bones like so many "stars."
        oh yes.

i see enough hollywood types that are as 'assembled' as their wardrobes, and amanda's refreshingly real and normal. skin and bones is just that. i just don't find that kind of look sexy (but i know there's those that do).

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          oh yes.

i see enough hollywood types that are as 'assembled' as their wardrobes, and amanda's refreshingly real and normal. skin and bones is just that. i just don't find that kind of look sexy (but i know there's those that do).

But of course you perfer the "Amanda" style.

Comment

Happy Birthday D !

Comment

Just thought it was time for a little captionary:

Jack: Ok, Daniel's lost it this time. Making a pyramid of Sky's birthday bagels? Hmm...That one on the bottom looks good. I wonder if I can get it out without him noticing.

Sam: oh-kay...We've got to cut off his coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Off Topic-ness, but I could do with advice:
                Spoiler:

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this here, but I was technically engaged to this guy in Germany. I was going through this whole phase of wanting to be "normal" when I lived over there and we were dating and he asked me to marry him and I said yes. And according to German law, that is apparently a binding contract. So I was engaged.
                I found out on Sunday that he passed away three weeks ago from a long term illness. I've got a card that I want to send to the family (though I ummed and ahhhed over that for a long time, because I was the fiancée that said goodbye, left the country and only checked in and visited twice after that). But I'm really struggling on what to say and write in the card. It's hard enough anyway, because nothing seems adequate. And the fact that it happened three weeks ago and I've only just found out. And then the fact that I have to write all this in German and my German is really rusty because I've not used it in nearly a year.
                So if anyone has any suggestions on what I could write or how to approach it, or if they want to spank me and tell me I'm stupid for even thinking of getting in touch after all this time, then I would really appreciate it.

Thank you and sorry for the off-topicness.
                Tracy...I think you should write. I think the best way to approach it is to write exactly how you feel. It's the sincerity that counts. And most people are very welcoming of any contact from friends or former friends and acquaintances no matter how much time has passed.
                If you're not confident about writing in German...which I can't fathom why as I have seen your German writing...you could write in English...but I think no matter how you approach it, it's going to come from your heart and that's all that matters. As to what to write...I think only you can know that. And I know that you can do it very eloquently.

Sheesh...you're apologising for your OTness???...I should probably be begging for mercy for my OTness as of late.
                Given the calm situation here at this time, I'm going to keep updating in the thread dedicated to the Aussie bushfires but I'll give everyone here a break. Thank you all again for everything.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday, Skydiver!

And many more.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

lll
                    Happy Birthday, Skydiver!!!

* Smilies by Zuz

Comment

Tracy, I know it can feel like you're walking on egg shells in situations like that- terrified of causing more pain. But think about times you have been grieving... did you see it like that? I know that for me, even the most clumsy expressions of empathy and sympathy are appreciated. Not saying a card from you would be clumsy, far from it. I'm sure what ever you feel comfortable with will be appreciated.

Chelle- thank you for updating. I'm guessing it's been quite cathartic? Getting your thoughts together to write it all down, I mean. We appreciate any assurances of your safety anyway. *hugs*
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        thanks guys, for those tuning in late, want some pizza? we had that for lunch

Mmmmm. I'll have some ham/pineapple/mushroom.

Thanks!

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Happy Birthday SKY

Thanks to Chelle for keeping us up to date. We're all pulling for you and your family.

Somebody posted this link on a Yahoo group I'm on. A little bit of sweetness in a dreadful situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSPx7S4jr4

Huggles

Mumsey
                          That was sweet, thanks for posting.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          Happy Birthday, Skydiver!

And many more.
                          Ditto! Hope you had a great day.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Mmmmm. I'll have some ham/pineapple/mushroom.

Thanks!

suse
                            My favorite! Yum!!

Happy Birthday, Sky!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Thanks to Chelle for keeping us up to date. We're all pulling for you and your family.

Somebody posted this link on a Yahoo group I'm on. A little bit of sweetness in a dreadful situation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSPx7S4jr4

Huggles

Mumsey
                              Update on that story. They called her Sam! Awwwww. My daily paper had an article about her today. go to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html and click on the Koala picture halfway down for the full story.

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

They named her boyfriend Bob! No... Jack!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4845498a4560.html
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X