No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That recent picture is pretty....its kinda fun to see the many hair shades of AT cos it is all about the hair

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Some more off topic news about my Granddad...

Spoiler:
    I have really awkward shifts at work this week, so I haven't been around while Granddad has been awake. I hugged him good morning this morning as I ran out the door and got back half an hour after he headed to bed. Anyway... the point is that although I haven't seen him, mum says he is doing brilliantly- eating every meal placed in front of him, back to his brilliant, alert self. Telling amazing stories, just granddad again.

Thank you for all the support guys, it means a lot.
    Spoiler:
    That's good to hear Neep. I hope you get better shifts and can spend some more time with him next week. *hugs*
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Great new AT picture!
      My guess would be that she's letting her hair rest a bit before the next season. I wouldn't mind seeing Helen go a bit lighter, but i'm surprised at how well I like the dark hair for the character.

Comment

Just popping in to drop off hugs to ((Rocky)) ((Chelle)) and ((Neep)) and ((insert your name here)) anyone else who needs one.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BPC
          My goodness - AT is aging very well and she looks absolutely beautiful in this photo. Love the hair.
          She looks like a normal, natural, healthy human being, rather than a plastic, airbrushed waif. It's so refreshing.
          I've been looking at a friend's LJ post on women on the red carpet at the BAFTA's, the media's idea of beauty and mine are poles apart.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            Great new AT picture!
            My guess would be that she's letting her hair rest a bit before the next season. I wouldn't mind seeing Helen go a bit lighter, but i'm surprised at how well I like the dark hair for the character.
            That's kinda what I thought...but you said it better.
            Originally posted by BPC
            My goodness - AT is aging very well and she looks absolutely beautiful in this photo. Love the hair.
            LOL! I can't tell she's aging at all.

She just looks good.

I've said this before, but I will say again that three years ago at Shore Leave, she wore only blush and mascara...and she looked wonderful!

She's just blessed with an abundance of good genes.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by Melora View Post
              Apparently, Amanda was on Breakfast TV on City TV in Vancouver this morning. She talked about Sanctuary and the Women in Film Award that she is going to be receiving in March.

I couldn't find a video clip or transcript, so hopefully someone will post one at some point. I did find a behind-the-scene pic from one of the newscaster's blogs.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5981/amandaanddawnaj0.jpg
              Amanda and Dawn Chubai

Source: http://blogs.btvancouver.ca/dawn/ama...-are-like-this
              Great pic! Thanks for sharing, I the the dark colour is just fading.
              Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              My apologies for not coming in sooner. Between work, family and having a mild breakdown tonight, it's just been kind of a long day. Bugger that...this whole year thus far has been long...not always bad though...don't get me wrong. I'm really looking forward to AT4 if only to have an absolute ball! Anyhoo, my latest update is here. Again, I do apologise for not staying on topic for this thread. Good thing...AD checked in today. I am somewhat relieved to know he is ok.
              Bushfire update
              I would just like to say thank you again for some of the messages and the green. Please save your green. Give it to someone who needs it more...like anyone but me! - seriously...as much as I appreciate it, I kinda feel weird about it too. I'm just happy to keep everyone in the loop.
              Oh...hey...thank you Melora for that update on Amanda and that beautiful picture. I personally think her blond is coming through. But she still looks awesome as ever!!
              Night all. Take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
              (((((chelle)))) glad you guys are doing OK and AD checked in too, that's good news. Thanks for keeping us updated. Stay safe.

(((((((((Neep))))))))) great news about your Granddad's doing better.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                Apparently, Amanda was on Breakfast TV on City TV in Vancouver this morning. She talked about Sanctuary and the Women in Film Award that she is going to be receiving in March.

I couldn't find a video clip or transcript, so hopefully someone will post one at some point. I did find a behind-the-scene pic from one of the newscaster's blogs.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5981/amandaanddawnaj0.jpg
                Amanda and Dawn Chubai

Source: http://blogs.btvancouver.ca/dawn/ama...-are-like-this
                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe I missed it, I didn't even know about it until this morning . Please tell me someone recorded it, and will be sending out copies of it on DVD!

But WOW, Amanda looks absolutely beautiful in every sense of the word . It's been a little while since we've seen a new/recent pic of Amanda (Too long) and I'm glad that the first one we see of her is a knockout. As soon as I saw her face, a HUGE smile came to my face , I didn't even notice her hair right away, I was just happy to see her again, and it's so, so, great seeing her blonde again-- well, semi-blonde . And I love what she's wearing, she always dresses so bright.

I can't wait to see/read this interview, and I'm most definitely looking forward to learning more about this award she'll be receiving in March. OMG, I just can't-- Amanda's back!!! *SUPER SQUEE*

Oh, and I love what Dawn Chubai said about her: "No really…a couple of years ago I had a small principal role in Stargate SG-1, episode “The Fourth Horseman”…so when we had Amanda Tapping on the show this morning - it was like seeing a long lost collegue…OK - so I never met her before today…but we did share show credit in SG-1…she was a doll!"

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                omg, amanda's hair is going blond! BLOND!!!

(soooooooooo wants to be a blond myself)

*squeeees*

wait, crap, i have to take the image tags off. i can't remember how to! wait, i can.

*squees again*
                You're a little happy about this aren't ya?

Words can not express how happy I am to see Amanda again, and semi-blonde, I always knew that it'd come back, just not so soon. I'm not complaining though. The dark hair had really grown on me, and seeing her now, I see a mixture of Sam and Helen *YAY*. Btw Sally, I've seen your hair, it's very purdy , but if you'd like to dye it blonde like Amanda and Sam, sure, I'm sure you'd look great. *wink*

Is it really blonde or has it faded? Look at the ends, how dark it is... Maybe she is gradually lightening it, and the new hair that hasn't been dyed so many times is stripping faster...

Oooh, another hair conversation, goody!

*waits for certain males who have never dyed a strand of hair in their lives to pipe in with their opinions*
                Yep, it's seems like another hair conversation has just arrived. So, lets talk, it does seem dark at the ends, and most of the top of her hair seems blonde *squee*. I don't know all that much about hair, but perhaps she's simply letting the hair go back to blonde while she's on hiatus.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                I think it's a different color. It looks several shades lighter to me, but not light enough to be confused with Sam's blonde shade.
                I guess, but... oh man, my mind's not here, I'm just so happy to see semi-blonde Amanda again .

Could it be an in-between color for her months off? Something that wouldn't be so harsh on her hair, but wouldn't confuse Olivia?

Or will Helen go lighter in S2?
                She's probably just taking a break with her hair, and that "wouldn't confuse Olivia" part made me laugh. HA

Hmmm...fun to speculate. She looks great in everything/color...and I think this is really flattering on her.

Thanks for posting the pic, Melora!
                to every you just said. *Thumbs up*

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                yeah, what's with that amanda and looking great no matter what?
                Yeah, the nerve of that lady, always looking so beautiful and charming, and what's up with that huge smile? Oh, and her kindness, gosh, the nerve of that lady .

(((Amanda)))

i think she's stopped dying it dark and it's slowly going her natural shade. i hope she has it blond (not wig) for the 3rd sg1 movie.
                OMG, OMG, OMG, I would love that so much . I loved her in EatG, but I would love to see "real" blonde Sam again, not wig Sam. And better yet, "real" blonde Amanda, not semi-blonde .

so anyways, on another note: why does amanda rock? i've been keeping a list and so far it's at 1001. wait, just added another. that amanda.
                Nobody knows Sally, no nobody knows. it's a bigger mystery than Atlantis. I doubt even Sam Carter could figure it out . That's one of the many reasons why Amanda's so special.

Amanda Tapping, the ninth wonder of the world.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

She will probably just dye it again right before they start filming the 2nd season. I think it doesn't look like it has grown out (hair doesn't grow that quick), just faded. Thanks for the pic Melora, always nice to see a recent Amanda pic
                I agree, Amanda did say herself that she planned to go back and forth between blonde and dark, for Stargate and Sanctuary. But I'm not sure if she will be "real" blonde Amanda or Sam when the time comes to do the 3rd SG-1 movie, it all depends on what's happening with Sanctuary at the time.

But yeah, if she wraps up S2 at a good/certain time, than maybe she'll have time to go "real" blonde in time for the 3rd SG-1 movie. Either way, I'll just be happy to see Sam again, and if she's a natural blonde, than it'll be even better .
                Last edited by Rocky89; 10 February 2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  Thanks for the info, Melora.

I just now found the Breakfast TV Twitter site:

http://twitter.com/BT_

And they did announce Amanda's appearance back on Feb. 6th:

Sci-Fi queen and Stargate star Amanda Tapping joins us in studio. What does Amanda have in common with Dawn? Find out Monday on BT!

8:46 AM Feb 6th from web

I'll have to keep an eye on that site in the future!

Some of the Breakfast TV sites have video clips (at least Toronto does), I'm still looking for Vancouver's.

OH - I searched Twitter for Amanda Tapping and found this:

Michael Eckford hosts Urban Rush on Shaw TV and Amanda was a guest there on Jan. 29th...

His Twitter site:

http://twitter.com/michaeleckford?page=5

@DabblerDOTca nope, she's suuuuper angry now!! Amanda is incredible...just a very happy, very talented person. It'll be great to see her. 11:40 AM Jan 29th from web in reply to DabblerDOTca

Just settling in to the day. Amanda Tapping (Stargate, Sanctuary etc.) and Rob Feenie are on the show today. 11:01 AM Jan 29th from web
                  You knew, and you DIDN'T TELL ANYONE? . NOOOOOOOOOO! I didn't even know about that Michael Eckford thing until now, do you have a link to the interview? But I love what someone said about her fom the site: "nope, she's suuuuper angry now!! Amanda is incredible...just a very happy, very talented person. It'll be great to see her."

I love that guest description thing they gave her "What does it take to be a sci-fi queen?" I'm so glad and proud that her title as the first lady of sci-fi is becoming more and more known . If anyone wants to get me a gift for my birthday, you can get me those interviews . It would be nice to have that BT one on DVD though just like Amanda's GMA interview . *Hint, hint*

Btw, for those interested, Amanda's supposed to be a guest or something on a show called Tube tales. Thanks Morjana for telling me . That time .

At TVTropolis (CANADA):

TUBE TALES

Stargate SG-1

February 23, 2009 at 8pm.

Spoiler:
                  I have really awkward shifts at work this week, so I haven't been around while Granddad has been awake. I hugged him good morning this morning as I ran out the door and got back half an hour after he headed to bed. Anyway... the point is that although I haven't seen him, mum says he is doing brilliantly- eating every meal placed in front of him, back to his brilliant, alert self. Telling amazing stories, just granddad again.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  My apologies for not coming in sooner. Between work, family and having a mild breakdown tonight, it's just been kind of a long day. Bugger that...this whole year thus far has been long...not always bad though...don't get me wrong. I'm really looking forward to AT4 if only to have an absolute ball! Anyhoo, my latest update is here. Again, I do apologise for not staying on topic for this thread. Good thing...AD checked in today. I am somewhat relieved to know he is ok.
                  Bushfire update
                  I would just like to say thank you again for some of the messages and the green. Please save your green. Give it to someone who needs it more...like anyone but me! - seriously...as much as I appreciate it, I kinda feel weird about it too. I'm just happy to keep everyone in the loop.
                  Oh...hey...thank you Melora for that update on Amanda and that beautiful picture. I personally think her blond is coming through. But she still looks awesome as ever!!
                  Night all. Take care and stay safe. (((Samandans)))
                  *Lots of hugs for NZNeep and Chelle and and the family and friends* My heart goes out to all of you, and to those you need love and prayers in their time of need.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Just popping in to drop off hugs to ((Rocky)) ((Chelle)) and ((Neep)) and ((insert your name here)) anyone else who needs one.
                  Thanks .

Originally posted by BPC
                  Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  She looks like a normal, natural, healthy human being, rather than a plastic, airbrushed waif. It's so refreshing.
                  I've been looking at a friend's LJ post on women on the red carpet at the BAFTA's, the media's idea of beauty and mine are poles apart.

FF
                  That's kinda what I thought...but you said it better.

LOL! I can't tell she's aging at all.

She just looks good.

I've said this before, but I will say again that three years ago at Shore Leave, she wore only blush and mascara...and she looked wonderful!

She's just blessed with an abundance of good genes.
                  Wow, I'm glad you all feel that way, I've seen pics where she looks like she's over 60, sometimes I even think she is.

No seriously, I agree with all of you, I also feel that Amanda has been blessed to have those good genes in her, you know the kind that make her age so very gracefully . Like you said Frostfox, I'm glad that she doesn't spend lots of money on make-up or any like that, the things other celebs do these days. And like you said sg-1fanintn, and from what others have said about how she's look when they meet her, the most she wears is like lipstick and mascara and what not.

Amanda has the best kind of beauty of all, natural beauty
                  Last edited by Rocky89; 10 February 2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    Hey Everyone,

Great pic! Thanks for sharing, I the the dark colour is just fading.

(((((chelle)))) glad you guys are doing OK and AD checked in too, that's good news. Thanks for keeping us updated. Stay safe.

(((((((((Neep))))))))) great news about your Granddad's doing better.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    Amen to all that! I'm very relieved. My heart goes out to the family and friends who lost people and homes.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

FF
                      Well said, FF. I admire her for looking like herself. Sure, her genes aren't under her control, but what she does with them are.

She has such natural beauty that it tees me off when they do those photoshopped promo pictures.

I seem to recall the makeup director on SG1, Jan Newman, commenting on how little makeup she put on AT. She just didn't need much.

Comment

Here are some pix of AT taken at Shore Leave in 2006. This was just three months after Olivia was born.

ShimmeringStar took the pic above as she was going through the autograph line. It's just natural Amanda...with almost no makeup.

It was my first con. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a pic while getting my autograph!

And this is the sig I used after Shore Leave. It's some of the pix I took during her on-stage sessions. I tried to capture her expressiveness.

I adore AT!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          You knew, and you DIDN'T TELL ANYONE?
                          Oh, no, I don't know THEN...but I know KNOW.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Here are some pix of AT taken at Shore Leave in 2006. This was just three months after Olivia was born.

ShimmeringStar took the pic above as she was going through the autograph line. It's just natural Amanda...with almost no makeup.

It was my first con. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a pic while getting my autograph!

<snip>

I adore AT!
                            When AT was at Shore Leave Olivia was 15 months. They were well into filming S10.

Long and lean, but healthy. She makes me sick. (I'm not long *or* lean. Working on the latter though. I'll never be that lean though. It's not in the genes.)

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              When AT was at Shore Leave Olivia was 15 months. They were well into filming S10.

suse
                              I'm wrong about the season. I stand happily corrected.

She looked great whenever it was!

Comment

Is it really blonde or has it faded? Look at the ends, how dark it is... Maybe she is gradually lightening it, and the new hair that hasn't been dyed so many times is stripping faster...

Oooh, another hair conversation, goody!

*waits for certain males who have never dyed a strand of hair in their lives to pipe in with their opinions*
                                How about females who've never dyed their hair?

My hair's dark brown/black, can't do much without bleaching it first...and my mom would kill me in that ever happened.

Spoiler:

That's fantastic to hear! More (((hugs)))

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Let's not stop there

One .... Amazing woman!
                                One .... Amazing woman!
                                Two .... Wonderful characters! (Sam and Helen)

And for Valentine's Day fics, I really like this one by SelDear called A Trio of Teddies: http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear...camelight2.htm

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X