No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most eps of Sanctuary for me so far have included a game of 'I've seen that actor on SG-1/Atlantis' at some point, but I missed that one. Small world that Vancouver and all those who have worked there in film-making is, huh?
    sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Hehe, I just watched Amanda's episode of Goosebumps... the main character is played by a girl who looked very familiar. I looked her up and she grew up to play the girl in Camelot (SG-1) and Sophie in Sanctuary.

Heh.
      She also played in engaged to kill with Amanda!!

Comment

For every fan who is thinking of coming to AT4 alone but is worried about it – worry no more! A new group “Amanda’s fans alone (but not for long)” is about to start, headed up by our Staff member who is the Attendee Liaison, Liesl Bland, and helped by my trusty assistant, Jenn Scheffler.

We've set up a new group on the Gabit forum under the AT4 category, which will enable people who are coming to AT4 alone to meet up and chat, arrange roomies if necessary, and get to know one another. Liesl and Jenn will be on hand to answer any questions.

A big factor in joining this thread and emailing Liesl on the address which will be given there, is that you will be automatically invited to a group get-together on the morning of Friday 13th November 2009 at AT4 in the hotel foyer/bar with Liesl and Jenn, to actually get to know those who you have been talking to online and those who haven’t been online but are travelling alone. So when the event starts, you’ll already have friends!

I hope this new group will calm some worries and butterflies about attending one of our Events alone. One thing you’ll soon find out – you’re never alone at an AT Event!

Julia, Becky, Kay and John – G4
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          For every fan who is thinking of coming to AT4 alone but is worried about it – worry no more! A new group “Amanda’s fans alone (but not for long)” is about to start, headed up by our Staff member who is the Attendee Liaison, Liesl Bland, and helped by my trusty assistant, Jenn Scheffler.

We've set up a new group on the Gabit forum under the AT4 category, which will enable people who are coming to AT4 alone to meet up and chat, arrange roomies if necessary, and get to know one another. Liesl and Jenn will be on hand to answer any questions.

A big factor in joining this thread and emailing Liesl on the address which will be given there, is that you will be automatically invited to a group get-together on the morning of Friday 13th November 2009 at AT4 in the hotel foyer/bar with Liesl and Jenn, to actually get to know those who you have been talking to online and those who haven’t been online but are travelling alone. So when the event starts, you’ll already have friends!

I hope this new group will calm some worries and butterflies about attending one of our Events alone. One thing you’ll soon find out – you’re never alone at an AT Event!

Julia, Becky, Kay and John – G4
          MY goodness Mumsey, you sure keep poor Jenn busy Tell her I'll mail her donut for strength
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            MY goodness Mumsey, you sure keep poor Jenn busy Tell her I'll mail her donut for strength
            It keeps her out of mischief!

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

Mumsey
              Ah Mumsey where's the fun if you do that

Hey Mandy include a pea shooter with that package
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                I even liked Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps, and what I CAN'T believe is that, I actually remember Jewel Staite's episode (The Tale of Watcher's Woods) in Afraid of the Dark, and I remember her role well. I even remember Amanda's episode in Goosebumps back in 96 (It Came from Beneath the Sink), I remember the episode, but I can't remember Amanda's role in it . I CAN'T believe I saw my future girl back in 96 before Stargate, and I can't remember her role . That's OK, I've found her now, and she's been my girl for the past 2 years .
                Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Hehe, I just watched Amanda's episode of Goosebumps... the main character is played by a girl who looked very familiar. I looked her up and she grew up to play the girl in Camelot (SG-1) and Sophie in Sanctuary.

Heh.
                Ha! I recently watched her episode of Goosebumps too. I guess I'm not surprised you don't remember AT in that Rocky--as the mom, she had very few lines.

I also was able to see her episode of the Newsroom. Not a bad show and AT was great (and funny--great delivery) as a new anchorwoman. Fun to see her in a totally non-sci fi role--I think about a year before Stargate. Who would have guessed to see her in that fairly glam role that she'd be totally believable as a kick butt military officer?

Lucky for us JG, BW and RDA saw her talent as well as her looks. I remember in one of the special features Glassner commenting that they wanted someone who would be believable as a scientist, soldier & was also beautiful. Mission accomplished.

Comment

I even liked Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Goosebumps, and what I CAN'T believe is that, I actually remember Jewel Staite's episode (The Tale of Watcher's Woods) in Afraid of the Dark, and I remember her role well. I even remember Amanda's episode in Goosebumps back in 96 (It Came from Beneath the Sink), I remember the episode, but I can't remember Amanda's role in it . I CAN'T believe I saw my future girl back in 96 before Stargate, and I can't remember her role . That's OK, I've found her now, and she's been my girl for the past 2 years .
                  Hey Rocky, I too remember that Goosebumps episode. On her site I read she played Mrs Nicely. But back than I too didn't recognise "my" gal I didn't go: OMG That's Amanda! Just, in my eyes (of course if we speak of my girl and you mean Amanda) it's my girl since about season 5-6 arround 2001. (lol what would Alan think about it when 2 guys call hir girl "our / my gril" ).

As a matter of fact Gosebumps was "my show" at that hour and had difficulties with my homework (I was arround 10-12 I think) or "nervous" cause my show was on air soon.

Back to Amanda. I didn't recognise her cause I didn't knew who she was on that moment. I "dicovered" her a few laters on Stargate SG-1. I don't even remember my first SG-1 episode. But I think I could make the connection between the movie and the series (that big ring, huge and honkin' (or what was the expression Jack used) with a blue "waterpool" in it ) the ring we know now as the Stargate or (sometimes the latest episodes were shown in French on another channel) The Gate of the Stars (La porte des étoiles). Luckily the title on that French channel Teletext (our word for CEEFAX pages) used the title Stargate SG-1 and not La porte des étoiles.

In fact on a moment I saw Amanda but on the moment I started to develop my crush on her ...... I didn't knew her or the characters name. Later on I learned her name as Sam and later as Amanda.

I also remember some TV shows you mentioned Rocky. We have some things in common their. And yeah back than I too was a good 'ol boy, I am still. Actually I'm too good some people tell me. Too good as in not naughty. But if ya get to know me I'd describe myself as an "allright guy", with his good and bad sides .

There is one movie I saw of her (so I havn't seen her act outside of SG-1 or Sanctuary) was The Void, where she played Eva Söderström (maybe prounounced Søderstøm ?) (Sorry I have to think of a Swedish name, that she played the daughter of a Swedish scientist, tough the name in my humble opinion could make it a Danish / Norweigian name).

Oh and that crush, still have it, seriously have it, but that's cause I'm suffering from Amanda Tapping itis and synonyms for that "pleasent disease which doesn't has a cure "

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

a cute little sam/daniel friendship ficlet

http://ultranos-fic.livejournal.com/...l?format=light
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

PS I still remember that, when I gatherd my first intel on Amanda (to use it in a military context ) I was upset heart-broken when I read she was married but I was arround 12-14 years old at the time.

Sometimes It's remarkable how much info you find about Amanda on some German sites.

http://synapse-design.de/amanda-tapping/steckbrief.php

Check above link please it has a (in my humble opninion) VERY RARE picture on it. (2nd pic on the right)

There was another site (In German) with more info about Amanda (including a pic of her car (ex-car, the silver Volvo) but that site could have gone offline, or it's look is completely diffrent. I also learned she's a non-smoker on that site. It could have been www.amanda-tapping.net I really don't know. The last site had to close on personal grounds, but I don't know personal grounds of the owner or other reasons.... Just too bad it had a whole list properly lined out about 'our girl', what her favorite food was to her favorite vacation (I vaguely am not sure on the site it said Tahiti )to even (the info on the pages assumes) the first boy who got kisses by her.

But if anyone who talks German or knows what site (info could be found on the site under what the site called a "steckbrief ?" you may add it here on Samanda (the link) cause it'd be nice to know. If I knew it I'd post the lik myself.

BTW if Doc Zelenka was here: could he explain why Samantha Carter is Samantha Carterová in Czech? (You can check it out there are a few sites that uses this Carterová for Carter).

So this is a post what I tought was gonna be only a few lines long but at the end is longer.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Mumsey
                        Impossible!!!!! I don't believe it.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Ha! I recently watched her episode of Goosebumps too. I guess I'm not surprised you don't remember AT in that Rocky--as the mom, she had very few lines.
                          Thanks , but I still can't believe I remember the episode, and most of the story and characters, but I still can't remember her . Amanda's my girl, and I'm her Royal Guard, and I don't remember her . What kind of Royal Guard am I?

I also was able to see her episode of the Newsroom. Not a bad show and AT was great (and funny--great delivery) as a new anchorwoman. Fun to see her in a totally non-sci fi role--I think about a year before Stargate. Who would have guessed to see her in that fairly glam role that she'd be totally believable as a kick butt military officer?
                          The Newsroom? I'm afraid I've never even heard of that... have I? And yeah, it's hard to believe that there was once a time when we saw Amanda on TV before SG and we saw her and just another actress . And now 11 years, she's the queen of Sci-fi, one of the, if not the most famous female Sci-fi TV actress, she has another hit show of her own, and most importanly LOADS of fans who love her .

Lucky for us JG, BW and RDA saw her talent as well as her looks. I remember in one of the special features Glassner commenting that they wanted someone who would be believable as a scientist, soldier & was also beautiful. Mission accomplished.
                          Beautifully said, beautifully said . Before I start talking, here's that interview you were talking about: Season 1 Profile - Captain Samantha Carter

Amanda was THE perfect choice for Carter, I mean like you said: "believable as a scientist, soldier & was also beautiful." Who better than this person?-
                          Spoiler:

She wasn't just the best choice for the Carter for the reasons you mentioned, she got it because she was SO much more. Let me tell you why, the answer's actually in Amanda name . Lets start with the letter A :

Adorable
                          Admirable
                          Amazing

Macnificent
                          Marvelous
                          Modest

Ambitious
                          Awesome

Nice
                          Normal
                          Natural

Devoted
                          Dedicated

Attractive
                          Attentive

Talented
                          Tendering

Adventureous

Perfectionist
                          Positive

Innocent
                          Idol

Nostalgic
                          Nervous

Generous
                          Good
                          Greatest
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 02 December 2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                            BTW if Doc Zelenka was here: could he explain why Samantha Carter is Samantha Carterová in Czech? (You can check it out there are a few sites that uses this Carterová for Carter).
                            I don't know, but I'm willing to guess from what little I know of names in Russian, a related language/ culture. Last names take different forms based on the gender of the person, frequently by adding the letter -a to the end of the name. So Sergei Grinkov's daughter's name is Daria Grinkova. I think that the -ova ending is the foreign name using a Czech ending.

Just my guess.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Adorable
                              Admirable
                              Amazing

Macnificent
                              Marvelous
                              Modest

Ambitious
                              Awesome

Nice
                              Normal
                              Natural

Devoted
                              Dedicated

Attractive
                              Attentive

Talented
                              Tendering

Adventureous

Perfectionist
                              Positive

Innocent
                              Idol

Generous
                              Good
                              Greatest
                              no N?
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89;9332686

The Newsroom? I'm afraid I've never even heard of that... have I? And yeah, it's hard to believe that there was once a time when we saw Amanda on TV before SG and we saw her and just another actress :samanime24:. And now 11 years, she's the queen of Sci-fi, one of the, if not [I
                                the[/I] most famous female Sci-fi TV actress, she has another hit show of her own, and most importanly LOADS of fans who love her .
                                It was a Canadian show. I only knew about it b/c it was listed in her acting credits. She was a guest star for one episode.

Nice early Sam picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X