Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, that woudl be too much happening to any one character in a season

if it were real then it would definitely be more appropriate to share the wealth with the co-stars

but this is imaginary so we can do whatever we want
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      am i that predictible?????

yeah, i know

yes, that one, baal on earth going after sam and a descended replicarter

no idea when i'll do it/them, but i've written them down
      You're gonna write the descended replicarter one???
      Will definately be reading that one as soon as you finish it!

Comment

i'm not sure

i've added them to my 'fic idea' list and i'll try and think on them, see if i can come up with a plot

right now i'm trying to think up a plot to sub to fandy again this fall. presuming, of course, that they get finished with this year's subs before November
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm not sure

i've added them to my 'fic idea' list and i'll try and think on them, see if i can come up with a plot

right now i'm trying to think up a plot to sub to fandy again this fall. presuming, of course, that they get finished with this year's subs before November

That's great! I hope they take one of your stories (and that goes for other talented fanfic writers on this thread as well, if you submit)!

Okay, I've been thinking of a number of positives thus far on our Sam situation---here they are---Spoilers for season nine below.

1) Sam returns in Beach Head (which, thank goodness, is the sixth episode--not the seventh--it seems) and, because of her skills and competence, she is clearly needed to help fight against the enemy. And Brad Wright wrote this, so there is a good chance that Sam will be written well --- professional and competent. (note minority sam bashers will hate her because she is competent and supersam).

2) The Fourth Horsemen with Orlin could be really good -- we just don't know much at this point, but because AT is such an awsome actress, I can't wait to see the acting between Sam and the talented young actor who will be playing Orlin. And this is a two-parter.

I still think it is interesting that the two stories that Sam is somewhat prominent in during the first half of season 9 are the two stories we know the least about. Suspect.

3) Ripple Effect---could be really good if indeed Janet returns. you know that there has to be some good interaction between Janet and Sam. It would be criminal not to have their close friendship ackowledged in some way in this episode.

4) Atlantis episode -- Grace Under Pressure--Carter gets to be in Atlantis in some way--potential for really good Carter-Mckay interaction.

5) Finally, there is Blue Jello Week!! Good timing because the writing isn't all finished yet for season 9, and this event is respectful and fun. Probably has no impact for the rest of the stories still being written, but it may. And most importantly, it is just a friendly sign of support for Sam and AT.

6) oh, forgot to add, and AT will be at Gatecon, so those of you going, such as NC, might have some interesting news. It is very considerate of AT to go to this in my opinion. Even more so because she is deliriously happy with Olivia, as she would be , and she is back at work, yet she is going to this for an appearance. I am really curious to know how she feels about how Sam is being written in Season 9 thus far. She may not even hint at her thoughts on this at this point, but it would be really interesting to know.

Comment

klingon

cling on

dryer sheets are made to stop static cling
            that is a "kool" explaination .... thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Yeah my husband gets a chuckle out of my recent Stargate interest *cough* obession. When I told him about the blue jello brigade and mentioned that I had only sent in five boxes of jello he got this big cheesy grin on his face and said

"Did you just hear yourself? You just said you only sent in five boxes of jello".

To which I replied, "What? That's not that many... some people sent in a dozen boxes."

He just shook his head and chuckled louder and then he said he thought it was great that I finally had a hobby to keep me entertained.

See. We're not crazy, we're just exercising unworked brain cells by using Stargate as a means to create wonderful stories, beautiful collages, inspiring poetry and mind-provoking in-depth discussions about Sam and Amanda.

If...and I stress if, participating in this creative process happens to be a little bit...I don't know...FUN...

What's a girl to do?
              I just told my hubby and he found it funny

Comment

Comment

Happy Birthday, Uber!

Comment

Yeah my husband gets a chuckle out of my recent Stargate interest *cough* obession. When I told him about the blue jello brigade and mentioned that I had only sent in five boxes of jello he got this big cheesy grin on his face and said

"Did you just hear yourself? You just said you only sent in five boxes of jello".

To which I replied, "What? That's not that many... some people sent in a dozen boxes."

He just shook his head and chuckled louder and then he said he thought it was great that I finally had a hobby to keep me entertained.

See. We're not crazy, we're just exercising unworked brain cells by using Stargate as a means to create wonderful stories, beautiful collages, inspiring poetry and mind-provoking in-depth discussions about Sam and Amanda.

If...and I stress if, participating in this creative process happens to be a little bit...I don't know...FUN...

What's a girl to do?
                    No, we're not crazy (obsessed maybe, but NOT crazy)! Just look at our professional credentials in the SAGC Collection, and you know we're not crazy, or we couldn't function.

I don't know about you, but Sam and Jack (separately and together) have just captured my heart like no TV characters in years! I haven't written a letter to a TV producer since I was 12 years old, and I'm over 40 now. I told Brad Wright that in my Blue Jello letter, just to stress how well they have all done their jobs.

In a way, I understand why our families chuckle, shake their heads and think we've all taken leave of our senses. But I'm just appreciating the art of acting, and there's nothing wrong in wanting two characters to find some happiness.....especially if they've been through as much and have denied themselves for as long as these two have!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      No, we're not crazy (obsessed maybe, but NOT crazy)! Just look at our professional credentials in the SAGC Collection, and you know we're not crazy, or we couldn't function.

I don't know about you, but Sam and Jack (separately and together) have just captured my heart like no TV characters in years! I haven't written a letter to a TV producer since I was 12 years old, and I'm over 40 now. I told Brad Wright that in my Blue Jello letter, just to stress how well they have all done their jobs.

In a way, I understand why our families chuckle, shake their heads and think we've all taken leave of our senses. But I'm just appreciating the art of acting, and there's nothing wrong in wanting two characters to find some happiness.....especially if they've been through as much and have denied themselves for as long as these two have!
                      for me this is the first time ever that I have sent a letter to any show ....

Comment

Omg, Happy B'Day Uber!

Now, get ready for your present, cos your only gonna see this once!

Have a good one

Now, off to look at some Sam/Angelina pics to make up for my indescretion

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Way to go Samandans!

I've gotten some emails from you all and from other boards (most notably the AT board) letting me know of your participation! So I'll just assume that there are people who participated but just haven't shot an email to me at [email protected] yet...*cough*

Uber,

I sent out my blue jello box with my letter to Brad on Friday. I just sent you an e-mail about it.

Congratulations to you and Major Sam for coming up with this terrific idea and for organizing it so well!

Way to go, Samandans!

Toni

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Omg, Happy B'Day Uber!

Now, get ready for your present, cos your only gonna see this once!

http://www.stargatesg1971.com/team/js7.jpg

Have a good one

Now, off to look at some Sam/Angelina pics to make up for my indescretion
                            ya I agree .... real good one and here is another good one of our Queen

pic fr myrth

Comment

Erm... Who told Jack there was cake?

Comment

So tell me how accurate can a the best of the best episode tournament be when six Sam episodes have been kicked off the list in the first seven rounds even before crap episodes like Wormhole X-treme. I mean I can understand people not liking Emancipation. I can even understand Nightwalkers, but Grace? Come on! Why do I even bother reading other threads? Arg!

Kat
                                I am guilty of not liking Grace.
                                Let me explain why. Yes, the acting was superb and has nothing to do with my dislike of the episode. Yes, the interactions between Sam and her imaginary friends and Grace were wonderful. But, the message of Grace was for me the murder of the strong, competent and happy Sam I knew for the previous years.
                                For me it was only a way to introduce all the Pete storyline and I can't say how much I hated it . I have nothing against Sam dating another guy than Jack because, well, I'm not a shipper. But in my opinion, Pete was the wrong guy for Sam. He's a nice guy, but lacks of personality. I really can't picture Sam marrying a guy whose life is going to be uneventful and whose only concern will be to walk the dog or wash his car .
                                Grace also implied that Sam can't be happy without a guy. Where does this come from ? Is it how the (male) writers see her ? How so did we have all these fabulous smiles before ? For the record, I know many single women who are very happy in their lives, including myself .
                                So, yes I disliked Grace because I love Sam and because it introduced the badly written Sam who turned all sappy and sometimes unprofessionnal because of Pete.
                                Please, don't yell at me . The most important is that I love our Sam, right ?
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X