Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post

JOE FLANIGAN?!?!?!? *THUNKTHUNKTHUNK* ohhhhh dammmnnnnniiittttt!!!!!!!! gotta get things sorted out to get tickets NOW!!!!!!!!
    BREATHE GIRL BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    don't faint please. save that for the convention.

Great.
    Spoiler:
    now I have to start a thunker revival service!!! u owe me!!!
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
      BREATHE GIRL BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      don't faint please. save that for the convention.

Great.
      Spoiler:
      now I have to start a thunker revival service!!! u owe me!!!
      Believe me, I'm trying to!!!
      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post

In agreement about the bold sentence, the only time Amanda was allowed to show Sam's emotions it was overblown romantic tosh, I would have loved see more of Replicater Carter, more variety for her skills, loved to see her flex her acting muscles properly rather than just when she was mooning over 'Sir'. Even loosing her best friend and her Dad, it had to be all about the greatest love story ever told, yawn, rather than using those events to add to Sam's depth and give Amanda chance to show us what those losses really meant.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I finally was able to upload my Comic Con pictures.

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/sdcc2008

I still need to go through the ones from the premiere on the Midway, but the ones from the panel are up.

Please do not repost or reupload (to your personal photo bucket, flikr etc) or use them without my permission.

Thanks! And enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            how about, if folks will forgive a bit of OT:

Where were you 7 years ago and how did you find out?

Little late but....I was getting ready for work when my hubby yelled. I ran from the bedroom to see him glued to the tv. He told me the news about the first plane and as much as I wanted to stay and watch, I had to leave for work. I listened to the radio and was shocked as I was driving when I heard the second plane hit. I was sick to my stomach and so wanted to go back home but I couldn't. Hubby saw the second plane hit while watching Tv.There was a tv at work so I could run and glance at it between grooming dogs. My son who was in the Army National Guard was deployed to guard the Pentagon the next day. He was there for a month. The sights he described were horrific as he witnessed black body bags being carried out...

Comment

Watching "Heros" on SciFi right now. And I'm all sniffly and weepy and teary eyed. Thank you so much Amanda!
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Oh she acted those scenes out so well. I also become teary eyed watching her sob so sadly. It makes one wonder what things she thinks of that make her able to cry so quickly.

Comment

she used to say, like when she did POV and au 'sam' had to cry, that she'd get herself depressed and 'in the mood' to cry, then would spend the time between scenes on her own to keep the mood and to be able to perform
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    I finally was able to upload my Comic Con pictures.

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/sdcc2008

I still need to go through the ones from the premiere on the Midway, but the ones from the panel are up.

Please do not repost or reupload (to your personal photo bucket, flikr etc) or use them without my permission.

Thanks! And enjoy!
                    Great pics! Do you think i could snurch a few of 'em?
                    Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    Oh she acted those scenes out so well. I also become teary eyed watching her sob so sadly. It makes one wonder what things she thinks of that make her able to cry so quickly.
                    I can't watch heroes without crying. Never could. Amanda's performance was just stunning, her emotions, all of it. I guess it was pretty sad to see Teryl go, that that must've helped somewhat, but other than that, i don't know how she can make herself cry like that.... just seeing Carter in tears made me even more weepy.

on another note..... I'm going to Vancouver in April. oh. my god. I'M GONNA MEET AMANDA FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVERYBODY!!!
                    --Kate

Comment

For what purpose?

Comment

For what purpose?
                        Just for a sig, but if you'd rather i didn't, i totally respect that!
                        --Kate

Comment

Just for a sig, but if you'd rather i didn't, i totally respect that!
                          Go ahead, just make sure to credit me for the original image.

And I'll see you in Vancouver Yay!

Comment

Go ahead, just make sure to credit me for the original image.

Sweet!!! Thanks, i'll make sure i credit you. Can't wait for Vancouver!!!

g'night 'all
                            --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                              I entertained myself with this, so you all might be as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8qaktWEeKM

As the description states, this video is my entry to MGM's little thing they have going. For some reason I don't know the answer to, I used the user name "CrazyMonkey7" on the site, but I introduced myself as Falcon anyway. If the site will ever let me upload it, hopefully they won't think I stole it.
                              Good vid, you know, I was waiting the entire time for you to mention Amanda, and then boom, you saved the best for last . if that were me, I would have spent the whole vid talking about Amanda. I wrote that same thing in the message box.

I can't watch heroes without crying. Never could. Amanda's performance was just stunning, her emotions, all of it. I guess it was pretty sad to see Teryl go, that that must've helped somewhat, but other than that, i don't know how she can make herself cry like that.... just seeing Carter in tears made me even more weepy.
                              Well said, Amanda was great in that episode, it was so interesting actually seeing cry over losing Janet and almost losing Jack. I've always been amazed with Amanda's acting and I think for the viewers and fans to see Sam in such pain and sorrow really lets us see a side to Sam we don't see often, and it allows us to connect with her even more. It tells us-- yes, she's human, and she can be hurt in more ways than one, but it lets us get closer to the character. Plus like Amanda said at CC, the episode had everything, no wonder why she says it's her favorite episode . Btw, sorry it makes you cry Kate. *Hugs*

on another note..... I'm going to Vancouver in April. oh. my god. I'M GONNA MEET AMANDA FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVERYBODY!!!
                              WOW, WOW, WOW lucky you . Have fun kate, you deserve it , and I'm really happy for you, but just don't let this happen when you meet Amanda -

Hey Daivy! That'd be me too: And when i finally could talk, I'd say something really stupid like "uh... hi." And then my mouth would just hang open catching flies all day
                              Or this-

She called you a rockstar? Sweet! It'd throw me off too, so you get lotsa credit for not babbling incoherently until only then!

That's the thing! Even if I stood there like a brain-dead vegetable for an hour and held up the line, Amanda would still be cool with it, smile, and she probably would say something like (up to the bit in bold). And then I *might* be able to squeak "You're awesome... I love you." But that in itself is askin' for a lot.
                              And definitely not this -

I'd probably be trying to plan what to say, but even standing 10 feet away, I'd be toast! Never mind standing infront of her at the autograph table! lol! I'd come off like such an idiot, just standing there and grinning from ear to ear... But it would be ok, just because it would be Amanda
                              Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine. *Thumbs up*

Comment

<<snippage>>

Double hooray: Amanda's gonna be in NYC for a premiere of SANCTUARY! Been OMGOMGOMG! since I found out half hour ago and started calling my fellow Amandans! (http://www.mtr.org/ny-fall-series-2008-sanctuary/)

Just sayin', AT on the East Coast - OMG! And so sorry if this is old news to Samandans; been so off the boards lately!
                                Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 12 September 2008, 08:22 PM.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X