\
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    I'm still smileling after last night but what
    Spoiler:

i wanted to add to this thread is the closure of the Sam and Dad story I will truely miss this part of Stargate.
    The scenes of Jacob dying and Sam's reaction was heartbreaking to see but so restrained,dignified and lovenly shared between
    them,the gentle kiss Sam gave to her Dad as he passed away said so much to me at how well Amanda and Carmen worked at bring to life father and daughter and once again Amanda nail the scenes without too much dialogue her body laungage and face just said it all!
    Last edited by Skydiver; 09 February 2005, 04:34 AM.
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
      SPOILERS FOR THREADS
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      \
      I'm still smileling after last night but what
      Spoiler:

i wanted to add to this thread is the closure of the Sam and Dad story I will truely miss this part of Stargate.
      The scenes of Jacob dying and Sam's reaction was heartbreaking to see but so restrained,dignified and lovenly shared between
      them,the gentle kiss Sam gave to her Dad as he passed away said so much to me at how well Amanda and Carmen worked at bring to life father and daughter and once again Amanda nail the scenes without too much dialogue her body laungage and face just said it all!
      *sniff* Ditto that. I love the Jacob/Sam interactions, because they bring a more personal side to all of the action going on. It's so great to see them together and I still hope that we'll see Jacob again - in some form or another - I mean look at Apophis, nothing's impossible.

LG Estelle
      Last edited by Skydiver; 09 February 2005, 04:35 AM.
      Abu: This is a woman?
      O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
      O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
      Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
      Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
      Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
      Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS....SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!!!!!!

i did not know what i just read and i've been trying to avoid spoilers for this one

for those that don't know, you do spoiler tags like this
        {spoiler} messgae {/spoiler}

just replace {} with []
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Sam/Amanda was amaznig last night
          Spoiler:
          when Jacob died it was so heart wrenching!!

I officially(still) agree that Sam is an amazing character!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS....SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!!!!!!

i did not know what i just read and i've been trying to avoid spoilers for this one

for those that don't know, you do spoiler tags like this
            {spoiler} messgae {/spoiler}

just replace {} with []
            Hi Denise, i'm sorry but i can't do the spoiler
            tag thing on my tv digi-box so i've been putting in spoiler space as i have been doing for a long time both here and over at the old Gateworld forum and hav'nt had any problems with any mods, so does this meen that i can only post using spoiler tags because if that is the case i'm going to be really sad that i want be able to join in any more
            ......TARA......

Comment

While the Forum postings go crazy with Threads episode postings, here's something for those who won't get to see Threads for a month or so (or more)
              The top three Carter episodes from Season 1 were Singularity, Solitudes and Hathor. Now, I'd already done screen caps from Singularity and Solitudes, so I finally had a little time today to grab some screen caps from Hathor.
              Originally posted by ChopinGal
              The writing was sharp in that episode. Sam had some really good one-liners ... especially when she was about to break out of their cell with Janet and, later, when she knocks Hammond out! AstroG, I just know you'll be able to provide the exact quotes and maybe a couple screen caps?! Please, please ....
              It took me awhile... but I finally got a chance to give it a go!
              Originally posted by deepspace
              Hathor, well, to tell you the truth, Hathor used to be my least favourite episode. Later on, when I realised that all goa’ulds have bad dress sense and tacky hairstyles, I didn’t mind it so much, and then I watched it for what it really was, a great episode showing some marvellous interaction between Sam and Janet. I also liked seeing Janet in combat mode versus Doc Frasier mode, not something that has ever happened much on the show. I also loved how for the first time we really got to see Sam ‘In charge’.
              Originally posted by MajorSam
              Regarding the Sam and Janet discussion which I seem to have totally missed I loved the friendship incredibly. It shows their softer sides, the fact that they DO have lives. It showed some great female teamwork (Hathor)
              Originally posted by scottishshipper
              I chose Hathor because sam really took command in that ep.I love her chatacter she is such a strong lady. scottishshipper
              Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              What do you think about adding Hathor to the list? It was the first time we saw Sam leading a team into combat, and I loved the gals vs. guys scenario.
              Originally posted by NearlyCircular
              Hathor
              -great interactions between Sam and Janet - you could see the friendship beginning
              -some great comic moments for Sam - the women behind bars movie line, knocking out the general and worrying about her career, the double take at the end when she realizes she's not in trouble
              - Sam kicks butt! leading a team of women to fight Hathor, shooting up the tank of Goa'uld larva
              - there's even some Sam-Teal'c teamwork

Scene: Holding room.
              CARTER: It must be a pretty powerful drug Hathor's using. Colonel O'Neill is Special Forces trained to fight mind control techniques.
              FRAISER: Well not Goa'uld techniques apparently.
              CARTER: Yeah, well Mama said there'd days like this.
              FRAISER: Really? My ex-husband said that. "Are you outta your mind honey-buns? There is a reason they call it this man's army."
              CARTER: This mans army? Your husband actually said that?
              FRAISER: Yeah, so of course I explained to him it wasn't the Army, it was the Air Force and they've had women for decades.
              CARTER: Man! Maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out how to feel like one of the guys with these guys. You know what I mean? I always feel like I'm "the girl".
              FRAISER: That's it.
              CARTER: What?
              FRAISER: You just gave me an idea on how to get us out of here. Look if Hathor's control drug is hormone driven like I suspect, that means she's making the men libidinous.
              CARTER: Okay, why do I get the feeling I don't like where this is going?

FRAISER: Airman, open up! We've got something for you.
              AIRMAN: What?
              FRAISER: Why don't you come in here and see for yourself?
              AIRMAN: No can do. We only take orders from Hathor.
              FRAISER: Gentlemen, there are five women in here, very alone.
              CARTER:
              Why do I feel like I'm in a women-behind-bars movie?

The door opens and the Airman comes in.
              AIRMAN: What are you suggesting ladies?
              FRAISER: Whatever you want Airman?
              He comes in and signals to the other guard to come in as well. Airman 1 goes over to Janet and she kisses him. Airman2 comes in and Sam smiles at him. She then elbows him in the face. Airwoman1 grabs Airman 1 and pushes him up against the wall. Sam has grabbed one of the weapons.
              CARTER: Feel like a woman, Doc?
              FRAISER: Oh yeah. Janet wipes her mouth.
              CARTER: Let's tie `em up.

Scene: Corridor.
              Airwomen 2 and 3 walk down the corridor. A Airman appears.
              AIRMAN3: Hold it right there ladies!
              Airwoman 1 clubs him on the back of the head with a gun.
              HAMMOND: Drop your weapon!
              Sam then clubs Hammond on the head with her gun.
              CARTER: Yeah. My career is over.
              FRAISER: Don't worry about it. I can fix him up good as new when this things over.
              CARTER: Great, so he can bring me up on charges.
              Sam grabs the keys off the first airman and goes to unlock Teal'c.
              Janet grabs Hammond's gun and checks his pulse.
              TEAL'C: I am pleased to see you Captain Carter.
              CARTER: I'm glad someone is.

I used to feel just like deepspace about the episode Hathor, but the comments on this thread have made me focus on the better aspects of that episode... and now I see that Carter was allowed to 'save the day' in grand fashion - and Jack and Daniel actually just stood there in a daze!

Photos are screen captures from the episode Hathor.
              Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Last edited by astrogeologist; 09 February 2005, 11:32 AM.

Comment

tag thing on my tv digi-box so i've been putting in spoiler space as i have been doing for a long time both here and over at the old Gateworld forum and hav'nt had any problems with any mods, so does this meen that i can only post using spoiler tags because if that is the case i'm going to be really sad that i want be able to join in any more
                Hi Tara - what's a TV digi-box? Can you change the color of the text? If so, then just put your spoiler comments in white text, and put the words 'Highlight the following to read spoilers' in front of your white spoiler text... voila, you should have your own spoilers hidden just as if you used spoiler tags

Comment

Hi, Gosh, as usual so much discussion - so little time!!!

Re Blodlines - I love Sams expressions in the first scene with Bra'tac - there are a few comedic pieces and at the end of the scene she's reslly peeved that her and Daniel have been sent back to the gate. Good job for Tea'c that they did (and they didn't - immediatley)!

Nearly Circular - re wimpy AU Sams's - In TBFTGOG She did blow herself and a few Jaffa up with a hand grenade - pretty gutsy (in more ways than one - sorry that was a really bad pun)

Yes I also like her questioning O'Neil in WTSG - and she does it "respectfully"

Thanks to Astrogeologist for putting up the poll with the bar graph!!

From all the Sam/Janet comments I realise that I like all their moments together!

Skydiver - thanks for the reminder of the Sam/Daniel/Teal'c in the gateroom re Cold Lazerous - I watched it last night! Funny!!

ChopinGal - I shall have to put up a post full of idioms sometime!! They are used a lot here in Lancashire - thrown in with the sarcasm. Jack has a very Lancashire humour - is that worrying? A few idioms originate from over there in the U.S. that we often use over here!!

MajorSam - I think stargate is a cool thing to obsess about - but then I would say that wouldn't I!!

Skydiver - I'm trying to swot up on my favourite Sam moment - A tad tricky given all the ep's - hopefully will post in a few weeks?!!! LOL

MajorSam - re the grenade launcher in FAAD - Astrogeologist put up some great pics from that scene a while back!!

Jckfan55 - Like your comments on the less popular season 1 eps!!

Tin Man is one of my fave season 1 eps - but not a heavy Sam ep - the concept grabbed me though. I loved it when they came back again - was it season 4? Hope they have been copied again (Harlon managed it with a second Teal'c copy) I think you could get some comic mileage in the differences that have grown between the original and their copy. Can you imagine Sam thinking - "Was I really that serious?" Or perhaps Tin Sam is now even more "relaxed" than real Sam.

NearlyCircular - Love the Revelations scenes you mentioned real gems!! I also liked the scene in the spaceship when she told Teal'c "Don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap - I get enough of that from the Colonel!"

MajorSal - well done re your recall on great Sam moments through the seasons - all great comments!!

As we all love Sam/Amanda for her inspiration and strength - I'm sure you have all heard that a young lady has just broken the round the world lone yatching record - knocking over a day off the last chap's record!! Well done Ellen MacAurthur!! Won't be long before we are the stronger sex!!

Right - must go - I'm missing the England/Holland footie match!!!

Comment

it won't let you type in [] symbols?

i'm not familiar with a digi-box so i have no idea. can you do the font color like someone suggested? it does have a flaw in that folks can read it if you quote the post, but as long as it's not quoted, it stays white on white

if you cant'....you can't. i'll just really lurk or stay away until i've seen it. That's why i stopped playing in the ship thread. folks were happily speculating with spoilers i don't want to know so i've just stayed away from there for a bit until moebius airs and i can re-join.

it's not the end of the world, and i know a little of what's going on in threads, but there was one major plot specific thing that i didn't know...well until this morning

but eh, water under the bridge

fates willing i'll be seeing it within the next 24 hours.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 09 February 2005, 11:36 AM.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      can you do the font color like someone suggested? it does have a flaw in that folks can read it if you quote the post, but as long as it's not quoted, it stays white on white
                      Good point...I hadn't thought of what would happen when it was quoted and the background becomes light blue.... hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        NearlyCircular - Love the Revelations scenes you mentioned real gems!! I also liked the scene in the spaceship when she told Teal'c "Don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap - I get enough of that from the Colonel!"
                        That's just the thing I tried to post last night, but the Forum was acting wonky. I also thought of the scene in Demons when they think Teal'c has been killed. Sam has this look like "you murdering *******s!" AT conveys a lot with a look--no histrionics required.

Comment

Was Gateworld down for anyone else yesterday, or was it just me?

I have been itching to comment on this, but it's in the poll thread.
                          quasimjavid: why all these polls?
                          Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman: 'Cause Sam's so great
                          quasimjavid: point taken but why not for any other characters
                          Sam & Jack Shipper: Because with all the negativity that is directed at Sam, it never hurts to let people know that some of us love Sam.
                          Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman: 'Sides...the others aren't quite as cool
                          Just because Sam is my favourite character, and I have adopted the Sam thread as my home, and vote in the Sam polls, doesn't mean I don't like the other characters. I don't think the series could do without any of them. The reason I don't post in the Jack/thunk and Daniel/thunk kind of threads is because, well, I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, but I have a feeling they are more about appreciation of their bodies than their characters or acting. And I know there are general appreciation threads for all the other characters, but I always manage to find something to say here, which maybe isn't such a great thing for all you guys Also, the other characters don't seem to get 'picked on' quite so much. All I'm trying to say is that the Sam polls aren't about disliking the other characters. And I'm having fun with them, so thankyou to Skydiver for creating them.

I love the new Hathor screenshots Astrogeologist! After looking at your Solitudes pictures I decided to watch that episode again last night. And I think I might watch Hathor tonight .

How does anyone in their right mind expect me to choose just ONE favourite Sam moment *gasp* Impossible!

ok...
                          Season 1: I'm going to pick the staff weapon scene in the gateroom in Cold Lazarus, just because she, along with Daniel were so cute.
                          but if I could just pick another one...
                          no, I will restrain. One moment from each season, do you hear that deepspace? One.

Season 2: The last scene from In the Line of Duty, with Sam saying that it gave up its life for her. And... every other scene in that episode.
                          Though after last night, I really like the scene in Matter of Time when Sam is working equations on the whiteboard, and asks Teal'c if he knows anything about quantum gravity, or something like that, and he replies with 'nothing', and she says that it would seem that neither does she. My rewriting it here doesn't seem to work, but it just seemed like a really great moment between her and Teal'c.
                          And in 1969...
                          no, that's two already.

Season 3: Has to be Sam and Maybourne in Foothold! I loved the way she talked to him up on the surface .
                          When Sam used the hand device on Seth in, Seth. I think Amanda did a great job of the horror/disgust/sick look on Sam's face when she realised she had just slammed him into the ground.
                          I really loved the interaction between our Sam and AU Sam in Point of View.
                          And anything really from Jolinar's Memories and The Devil you Know.
                          oh no, didn't I tell you it was impossible?

Season 4: Upgrades, when Sam is separated from Jack with the forcefield.
                          I actually liked 2010, because Sam dissobeyed her husband to save the day. Or rather, the world. I thought that them all dying made the whole thing seem more powerful for that is how desperate the situation was, they would do anything to change things. And Sam was the one who got the note to the gate.

Season 5: Sam in Red Sky, because she knows it was her overriding the safety mechanisms or whatever in the dialing computer that caused the planet's impending doom.
                          In 2001 (I think I've got the right episode) when Sam has to make the decision to leave the Ambassador behind so as to warn Earth about the biological weapon that the Aschen are going to send, and cuts the rope...

Season 6: Probably when she is leaving the cell and being taken to Niirti's machine in Metamorphosis.

Season 7: Death Knell. Loved Sam in this. Can't pick anything specific from it though.
                          Heroes, and I say much the same as Majorsal, her pain at losing Janet/relief at still having Jack.
                          All Sam moments in The Lost City. Wanted to say this in my own words, but have to quote the way majorsal said it:
                          majorsal: When Sam put her hand on the ice covering Jack's face. She was losing him, and you saw the multitude of emotions playing on her face.
                          Season 8: We haven't finished season 8 here yet, so, thus far:
                          The torture scenes with Fifth in New Order, soooo well done.
                          Replicarter and Sam in Gemini.
                          And I really liked some of the moments in "It's good to be King", but I can't remember exactly now, unless I rewatch it. I did like the little timeship thing they found though.

Hmm, I think I gave up trying to keep it to one. What a surprise.
                          Hope all of this actually classifies as 'Sam' moments. The timeship comment at the end is a little OT.
                          By tomorrow, all my choices will have changed. And I left out sooooooooooo many favourite Sam moments...

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Just because Sam is my favourite character, and I have adopted the Sam thread as my home, and vote in the Sam polls, doesn't mean I don't like the other characters. I don't think the series could do without any of them. The reason I don't post in the Jack/thunk and Daniel/thunk kind of threads is because, well, I'm not a hundred percent sure about this, but I have a feeling they are more about appreciation of their bodies than their characters or acting. And I know there are general appreciation threads for all the other characters, but I always manage to find something to say here, which maybe isn't such a great thing for all you guys Also, the other characters don't seem to get 'picked on' quite so much. All I'm trying to say is that the Sam polls aren't about disliking the other characters. And I'm having fun with them, so thankyou to Skydiver for creating them.
                            Great comments deepspace - I agree with your sentiments!
                            I think Sam is getting picked on because of the way the writers and directors have taken her character over the past season or so. That's what I like about this thread -- we are emphasizing the strengths and favorable aspects of the character... focussing on the positives. It's my hope that our emphasis on Carter's strengths, her potential for solid leadership, her sharp mind and strength of character, coupled with AT's superb acting talents... it is my hope that these facets trickle back to TPTB... and into the general fan base... so that the Season 9 writers will write Carter as the heroic and admirable character that the broad fan base will embrace.

I love the new Hathor screenshots Astrogeologist! After looking at your Solitudes pictures I decided to watch that episode again last night. And I think I might watch Hathor tonight .

How does anyone in their right mind expect me to choose just ONE favourite Sam moment *gasp* Impossible!

ok...
                            Season 1: I'm going to pick the staff weapon scene in the gateroom in Cold Lazarus, just because she, along with Daniel were so cute.
                            but if I could just pick another one...
                            no, I will restrain. One moment from each season, do you hear that deepspace? One.

Season 2: The last scene from In the Line of Duty, with Sam saying that it gave up its life for her. And... every other scene in that episode.
                            Though after last night, I really like the scene in Matter of Time when Sam is working equations on the whiteboard, and asks Teal'c if he knows anything about quantum gravity, or something like that, and he replies with 'nothing', and she says that it would seem that neither does she. My rewriting it here doesn't seem to work, but it just seemed like a really great moment between her and Teal'c.
                            And in 1969...
                            no, that's two already.

Season 3: Has to be Sam and Maybourne in Foothold! I loved the way she talked to him up on the surface .
                            When Sam used the hand device on Seth in, Seth. I think Amanda did a great job of the horror/disgust/sick look on Sam's face when she realised she had just slammed him into the ground.
                            I really loved the interaction between our Sam and AU Sam in Point of View.
                            And anything really from Jolinar's Memories and The Devil you Know.
                            oh no, didn't I tell you it was impossible?

Season 4: Upgrades, when Sam is separated from Jack with the forcefield.
                            I actually liked 2010, because Sam dissobeyed her husband to save the day. Or rather, the world. I thought that them all dying made the whole thing seem more powerful for that is how desperate the situation was, they would do anything to change things. And Sam was the one who got the note to the gate.

Season 5: Sam in Red Sky, because she knows it was her overriding the safety mechanisms or whatever in the dialing computer that caused the planet's impending doom.
                            In 2001 (I think I've got the right episode) when Sam has to make the decision to leave the Ambassador behind so as to warn Earth about the biological weapon that the Aschen are going to send, and cuts the rope...

Season 6: Probably when she is leaving the cell and being taken to Niirti's machine in Metamorphosis.

Season 7: Death Knell. Loved Sam in this. Can't pick anything specific from it though.
                            Heroes, and I say much the same as Majorsal, her pain at losing Janet/relief at still having Jack.
                            All Sam moments in The Lost City. Wanted to say this in my own words, but have to quote the way majorsal said it:

Season 8: We haven't finished season 8 here yet, so, thus far:
                            The torture scenes with Fifth in New Order, soooo well done.
                            Replicarter and Sam in Gemini.
                            And I really liked some of the moments in "It's good to be King", but I can't remember exactly now, unless I rewatch it. I did like the little timeship thing they found though.

Hmm, I think I gave up trying to keep it to one. What a surprise.
                            Hope all of this actually classifies as 'Sam' moments. The timeship comment at the end is a little OT.
                            By tomorrow, all my choices will have changed. And I left out sooooooooooo many favourite Sam moments...
                            Absolutely wonderful comments... you brought some great Sam moments out of my memories. You are making my fingers itch to go and get all sorts of screen caps from all sorts of episodes! I can't rep you again yet, so here's some Blue Jello

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Hi, Gosh, as usual so much discussion - so little time!!!

ChopinGal - I shall have to put up a post full of idioms sometime!! They are used a lot here in Lancashire - thrown in with the sarcasm. Jack has a very Lancashire humour - is that worrying? A few idioms originate from over there in the U.S. that we often use over here!!

As we all love Sam/Amanda for her inspiration and strength - I'm sure you have all heard that a young lady has just broken the round the world lone yatching record - knocking over a day off the last chap's record!! Well done Ellen MacAurthur!! Won't be long before we are the stronger sex!!

Right - must go - I'm missing the England/Holland footie match!!!
                              Blimey, a footie match! My Eagles footie match did not have a happy ending!! Super Bowl, not soccer. Please continue to share your wonderful idioms with us. That's interesting about Jack's sardonic humor ... I thought of it as Irish humor at times but, then, Lancashire is a part of the UK too.

Yes, what a terrific accomplishment - our television news said that there were 8,000 people waiting for her to arrive home - and she is a real-life Sam Carter for sure! She slept for 15-20 minutes at a time but not often because she had to depend on herself to navigate alone. They'll probably make a telemovie of her adventure. Hope so!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 February 2005, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I notice that alot of ppl pick out ITGTBK as good Carter episode because we see her in command offworld. Just thought I'd point out that we get to see her in command in Icon as well

I was watching Orpheus the other day (704) and we get see a great Sam character quirk in the Gym scene. Shes picking apart that Sci-Fi movie she watched and I couldnt help but laugh because I do exactly the same thing . In fact the movie shes picking apart, thought it wasnt actually named, reminded me of Signs (with Mel Gibson) and I said almost exactly the same thing that Sam said after seeing it!

Oh and on the topic of Footy, Aussie Rules > Soccer > Yank Footy

Comment

Working...
                                X