Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Blegh. In spoilers because totally of topic ...

Spoiler:
    I'm going into the hospital on sunday, to get an operation on mondaymorning. Nothing big (well, to me it's a big deal of course, but it really is just a little operation ... it's going to take only 10 minutes), but no fun. I've never been in the hospital before (except for all the tests and stuff in the last couple of months, but they never made me stay!). I'll be going home on wednesday. So no Gateworld for me for a couple of days. I'm really supposed to pack my stuff now, busy day tomorrow, and sunday it's fathersday here too. I just went out and bought some new pyjamas and stuff. I'll be using the little travel bag I bought especially for AT3 ... how I wish I was packing for that

Anyway, I'll be back soon. And I can use my laptop (no internet though), so maybe I'll be up to photoshopping some pretties
    Take good care SJSL. Sending good thoughts your way.
    sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
      I think in season 6 and 7 she was looking a little tired..and even a bit in season eight but you know what...she still looked and looks awesomely gorgeous even when tired...I think the dark hair looks fabulous on her but I do miss the blonde....just a bit!!

snip

I think the ep you mentioned is Arthur's Mantle...and I was gonna say that...dang...you beat me to it!!
      A fun Sam ep...
      Well we already have Deadmans Switch, Foothold, Space Race, and Arthur's Mantle...my pick would be..oh this is hard...I was gonna say Ripple Effect...then I thought no...how about Upgrades...she had some fun then didn't she??? Hmmmm...what about Chimera? And the beginning of Grace when her face lit up while she and...whoops I forgot the Colonels name...oh well the other dude...they were walking through the halls on Prometheus and talking about stopping off to study the gas cloud/nebula thingy...and Sam positively beamed...I thought that was fun too!!
      Arthur's Mantle. Loved her in that. And Space Race, wish we had seen more of that side of Sam. I wanted to see her ride her bike to work (I know why they didn't, insurance and such dull, mundane stuff, but still...).

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      whistles innocently

cause i'm too impatient for her to catch on herself
      You are a bad, bad woman. I respect that in a person.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      When I met Amanda for the first time after she had dyed her hair, my immediate reaction was "Sam's gone." She smiled and nodded.

Mumsey
      It had to happen, she couldn't stay Sam forever. And it's happening on Amanda's terms and she's going on to something interesting and exciting.

Spoiler:
      I'm going into the hospital on sunday, to get an operation on mondaymorning. Nothing big (well, to me it's a big deal of course, but it really is just a little operation ... it's going to take only 10 minutes), but no fun. I've never been in the hospital before (except for all the tests and stuff in the last couple of months, but they never made me stay!). I'll be going home on wednesday. So no Gateworld for me for a couple of days. I'm really supposed to pack my stuff now, busy day tomorrow, and sunday it's fathersday here too. I just went out and bought some new pyjamas and stuff. I'll be using the little travel bag I bought especially for AT3 ... how I wish I was packing for that

Anyway, I'll be back soon. And I can use my laptop (no internet though), so maybe I'll be up to photoshopping some pretties
      You will be fine. The worse you will have to cope with is terminal boredom. take a couple of books with you. When Mad Max (my cat) put me in hospital for two days (don't ask... I'd only owned him for 3 hours...) I thought I would go out of my mind. No internet, no iBook, books saved my sanity and my iPod - everyone else on the ward was watching inane TV, so I just put on the head phones, listened to lots of good folk music and read and read and read.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I just wanted to come in and say Hi because I feel all sulky.

I love you guys.
      I'm still going to the Discworld Con in August. Do you want me to get PTerry's autograph for you? Is there anything in particular you'd like signing? One of the other guests is Diane Duane (who's a good friend of mine for, oh, twenty years now) so if you like her Trek books I could get her sig too for you.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      Now that AT is a brunette how would you feel about a brunette Sam (AU of course)? Also is it me or Amanda actually looks much better than say a couple of years ago?
      I think she looks good at the moment too. I'd have liked Sam whatever her hair colour, it's just not an issue for me. I think Amanda really suits her brown tresses.

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      I see Vala as very similar to Jack...pretending to be stupid because it's in her own interest. Not only do people underestimate her, but men tend to be more comfortable around a woman who isn't impressively smart. Her sex-obsessiveness annoyed me a bit too, but, like most of her flaws, I saw it as tying directly to being the host of a sex goddess for who knows how long. The more she tried to ally herself with the SGC, I noticed, the less of those Goa'uld characteristics such as self-interest and uncontrolled lust she showed.I'll bet that she and Sam had some heart-to-hearts about how creepy it is to have your symbiote's emotions affecting you even after they're technically gone.
      I so wanted to see a pair of ex-hosts discussing their experiences, far more than seeing them go shopping. Much more SF than Sex and the City.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      well, ff, sometimes shippers take pics like that and 'pretend' they're sam and jack. i've done it myself. it's all harmless. just look at your sigpic; that's richard and michael posing for the tv guide, but it seems that you're using it as jack and daniel. so no harm.

sally
      I thought they were being Jack and Daniel in that shot (hint: Michael doesn't wear glasses)?
      I don't like the blurring of lines between actors and characters; it edges towards the scary side of fandom, those who start to lose the distinction between character and actor. Amanda is not Sam, she just plays her in a TV show.

With both MS and Amanda, you can spot when they are 'in' character, even from a still. I'm thinking Replicarter in Amanda's case and the multiple character's in Lifeboat in Michael's. I can even tell which character it is in Lifeboat from stills. Amanda's dead eyes for Replicarter stand out as just not her.
      Of course, Chris doesn't have Teal'c's tattoo, which is a bit of a give away but Chris is so very, very different in character from Teal'c, he has so much energy, it's very impressive how he holds it in check for Teal'c. RDA is, famously the most like his character but most of the time gets away with it due to his charisma.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
        Just seen a message from Ron, Deejay's brother, on the Samanda group; he says they're hoping to get a laptop to her later, so she may drop in! If I'm not here when you log on Deej (and I'll try to get on as much as possible later), MUCH love to you. xxxx
        Thanks for letting us know. I will also try.

Comment

(((((Deejay))))) Love you darlin!!!
          sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

when I was hospitalized for a week in April, I took my lappy and some season box sets to pass the time. It's soooooo boooooooring in there! Take care Lies.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

We will be thinking of you next week! Take Care!

Comment

who's to say that i haven't? Not my fault that sunny isn't paying attention
                *looks in the mirror...

blinks eyes...

wonders, is that a panda staring back at me?*

Well that's interesting. Seems that maybe the reason that noodle tasted so good is that Sky genetically engineered it to turn whoever ate it into a panda.

Good thing I like pandas!
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

whistles innocently

cause i'm too impatient for her to catch on herself

I rarely pay attention to that.

Ok, gonna have to fix it now. I like living in Plateau Tormented Space better.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I just spent two pages LMAO at noodles and burps, yeah...I think I've finally lost it but it was great fun!

Spoiler:

(((((Lies)))))) *sending positive vibes your way for you operation and speedy recovery*
                    When I met Amanda for the first time after she had dyed her hair, my immediate reaction was "Sam's gone." She smiled and nodded.

Mumsey
                    That was kinda my first thought, Mumsey, well, second thought actually....my first was, OMG!! Its Amanda!!

And *hugs* Neep

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Spoiler:

*huggles* thinking of you!!!

Comment

Oh hey...I forgot to say...I got three cards today at the shops...I couldn't decide which one to send to Deejay...do you think it would be ok if I sent all three??
                        how about sending all 3, one a day for 3 days.

that way she gets a little something everyday
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                          Wow, is it possible to be a Sam fan and love her treatment in seasons 9 and 10? Well obviously it is, because I embody that paradox...but I like happy, content, relaxed Sam, who isn't constantly surrounded by that uncomfortable UST, and who is a senior member of the team instead of second fiddle. And even if we get less of her, that's the Sam I like to see.
                          I agree with the blue part, not with the green part. Sure she was a Lt. Colonel, but she was so sidelined it was like she was 3rd or 4th fiddle most of the time.

I do have a heretical question though--in relaxed Sam do we too much AT bleeding through or is Sam just feeling freer? just a thought--i'm inclined to think the latter more than the former.

Comment

Spoiler:

Best wishes for everything to go smoothly. Having your AT3 bag no doubt will help you feel better and new jammies are always good.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              I agree with the blue part, not with the green part. Sure she was a Lt. Colonel, but she was so sidelined it was like she was 3rd or 4th fiddle most of the time.

I do have a heretical question though--in relaxed Sam do we too much AT bleeding through or is Sam just feeling freer? just a thought--i'm inclined to think the latter more than the former.
                              Sam changed over the seasons, and it's normal for the actor to adjust the character according to them, (especially in such a long running show) best proof is the end of AoT.

Spoiler:
                              Kissing Mitchell in the middle of the infirmary

to me that looked like Amanda and Ben having fun with the scene, not Sam acting profesional on base.

But ultimately I'll gave to say it's a little on both counts.

And a response on MerryK 's post about relaxed, happy Sam. I didn't saw that. I saw a wallpaper Sam in season 9. If I wanted to watch my favorite character do nothing I would have watched Sainfeld.
                              sigpic

Comment

Mumsey
                                And Helen Magnus is here! (or almost here--October? *taps foot impatiently*

It's awesome Bek!! I thought it was great...I only wish there was more...well done!!

I think in season 6 and 7 she was looking a little tired..and even a bit in season eight but you know what...she still looked and looks awesomely gorgeous even when tired...
                                I think she looked a bit tired at times--maybe some stress going on. And of course more so in S9 right after the baby. But as you say she still looked & looks good. She looks wonderful in the AT3 pictures. I'm always impressed by her in fan photos b/c there's no glamor lighting etc--it's all Amanda.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Sam changed over the seasons, and it's normal for the actor to adjust the character according to them, (especially in such a long running show) best proof is the end of AoT.

Spoiler:
                                Kissing Mitchell in the middle of the infirmary

to me that looked like Amanda and Ben having fun with the scene, not Sam acting profesional on base.
                                It struck me that way too.

Comment

Working...
                                X