Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carterslave
    If I'm not mistaken, she's gone back to the theatre, where her roots are. The X-Files gave her financial independence—particularly from having to do junk just to make a buck. If you haven't seen her outstanding performance in the independent film, The House of Mirth you've missed something wonderful. Given that Scully is still a major pop-culture icon, I'm sure Gillian doesn't have to worry about being forgotten anytime soon.
    (OTOH, if Dr. Scully, M.D. suddenly took an interest in Goa'uld physiology & reported for duty at Cheyenne Mtn., you would not hear one iota of complaint from me.)
    I've always admired GA too ... how amazing would that be? Having AT and GA in the same show or series?! Both have some common ground: Canadian actors, rooted in theatre performance, now mothers, and, from what I've seen, articulate, intelligent, mature women, and excellent performers. I'll have to look for the indie you mention - thanks for the tip!

Even in her Leo Awards acceptance speech this year, Amanda kiddingly thanks the producers for her run in Stargate and for her car and house! That's so true about actors ... the gigs can be few and far between and paychecks too unless they land that one sustaining role which helps to give them financial security. AT and GA both seem to have passed that hurdle thanks to their respective series and so should be better able to pick and choose their projects in the future.

Wow ... I'm still thinking of Amanda and Gillian in a Stargate episode or beyond! Now that would be a classy production if handled well by the TPTB. That would be worth a whole ton of blue jello!!

Comment

Item: Have you noticed how much less cleavage Vala has been showing in the last two "sneak peeks"?

Perhaps the dismay in fandom has been heard up in Vancouver. If so, score another one for vox populi, vox dei.
      Yep, TPTB absolutely got the right message ... here's a preview of what Vala will be wearing for Episode 12 ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...lareformed.jpg

Thank God, they heard our prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        I've always admired GA too ... how amazing would that be? Having AT and GA in the same show or series?! Both have some common ground: Canadian actors, rooted in theatre performance, now mothers, and, from what I've seen, articulate, intelligent, mature women, and excellent performers. I'll have to look for the indie you mention - thanks for the tip!

Even in her Leo Awards acceptance speech this year, Amanda kiddingly thanks the producers for her run in Stargate and for her car and house! That's so true about actors ... the gigs can be few and far between and paychecks too unless they land that one sustaining role which helps to give them financial security. AT and GA both seem to have passed that hurdle thanks to their respective series and so should be better able to pick and choose their projects in the future.

Wow ... I'm still thinking of Amanda and Gillian in a Stargate episode or beyond! Now that would be a classy production if handled well by the TPTB. That would be worth a whole ton of blue jello!!
        You've probably already found this about House of Mirth, but here's a link just in case. It's the Amazon site and some folks have posted their thoughts. It would be great to see the two of them in an episode. I saw Gillian on the Ellen show not long ago (on her way to London(?) to do a play) and she looked very petite. Maybe about Teryl's height?

House of Mirth

Comment

Add a Caption!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/TrioJTS.jpg

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, she's gone back to the theatre, where her roots are. The X-Files gave her financial independence—particularly from having to do junk just to make a buck. If you haven't seen her outstanding performance in the independent film, The House of Mirth you've missed something wonderful. Given that Scully is still a major pop-culture icon, I'm sure Gillian doesn't have to worry about being forgotten anytime soon.
            (OTOH, if Dr. Scully, M.D. suddenly took an interest in Goa'uld physiology & reported for duty at Cheyenne Mtn., you would not hear one iota of complaint from me.)
            Now that would be a thing to see Carter and Scully in action...
            As to GA she now is married and lives in the UK , that's probably why you don't see so much of her in the States, but she still acts and is currently filming a series for the BBC.
            This link tells you more about her current carrer in the second page http://www.gilliananderson.ws/about/bio1.shtml

Comment

The other members of SG-1 were unimpressed by Daniel's attempts at break-dancing.

Comment

Lunchtime: No cake, no turkey sandwich, no blue jello...

Comment

Teal'c,Sam and O'neill singing "We three kings from Orient are!"
                  Teal'c also thinking to himself, why are we singing christmas song in the middle of June? i must see O'neill if this is normal earth pratice.

I know, it's not very good!
                  ......TARA......

Comment

Yep, TPTB absolutely got the right message ... here's a preview of what Vala will be wearing for Episode 12 ...

ROFL

Yep, I think they finally heard us.

One thing, do you all think wardrobe went just a tad overboard on the conservative look????

Comment

Caption, please!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/Samhand.jpg

AT: "Crap! Claudia definitely has more lines than I do ... where is my Advil?"

Comment

AT (thinks): I don't believe it! I thought we'd got rid of that sarky English bloke, but they've only gone and let him back in again!!! Next thing you know, he'll be along with one of his smart-ass captions...

Comment

one good thing about the fandom of a genre show, now i'm just speculating here, i don't know anything personally ok?

ok, i would imagine that amanda is fairly well paid. and i know that her husband works. chances are she's like GA in a way, stargate has likely given her the financial freedom to pretty much do what she wants.

i know during the hiatus between s6 and 7, she said she had some projects that were waiting to see if there was a s7 before she could commit, so, outside of stargate, she apparantly doesn't lack for potential work. and then there's also the con circuit. These actors are paid quite handsomly for thier time at conventions....to the point that she could do 3-4 a year and augment her income and, PROBABLY not even have to work or worry about regular roles

which could put her in the advantagious position of being able to CHOOSE her next job rather than taking whatever she's offered
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Okay folks so how many of you saw the new season 9 promo trailer on SciFi last night? Come on raise your hand if you did. For those that don't get SciFi and may be think 'Did we finally get to see Sam?' The answer is yes sort of ?!? How can that be you ask? Well let me show you here are screencaps of what we saw of Sam

Notice anything about these - that's right campers these are all old clips - nothing new of Sam
                            Thanks! It went so fast I couldn't tell if they were old or new clips. But the important thing to me is that AT was actually IN the clips. Yeah! Do you think they've heard our psychic pain? --or looked at this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Okay folks so how many of you saw the new season 9 promo trailer on SciFi last night? Come on raise your hand if you did. For those that don't get SciFi and may be think 'Did we finally get to see Sam?' The answer is yes sort of ?!? How can that be you ask? Well let me show you here are screencaps of what we saw of Sam

Notice anything about these - that's right campers these are all old clips - nothing new of Sam

One good thing I did see in the trailer and that was a clip of Vala with some clothes on finally

Sorry about the quality of these but I was working from a bad video - If you have not seen the trailer and want to see the whole thing here is a post with link to trailer http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....6&postcount=14
                              Thanks for the screenshots and the link to the video, tsaxlady. I don't get the SciFi channel and last week I tried to view this clip from the SciFi channel's website - but the link wasn't working . Thanks so much for posting a link to it from our thread

ROTFLOL!

OK...now I just ran across this comic (in a book that a friend gave me) and it reminded me of how I'd coined the word Tokrafy in some of the earlier posts a few weeks ago... and then all of the variations that we came up with as the discussions progressed... I get a kick out of coining new words from old ones, so I thought this cartoon was fun.

Also... it helps if you have a cat (or ever had a cat as a pet) - because they all seem to *love* rubber bands! LOL at the feline 'Great Rubber Band Hunters'!
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 11 June 2005, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I just have to tell you I laughed out loud with this one - thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X