Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I nominate Strix for the position of Royal Village Idiot!

...oh, wait...I'm currently serving in that capacity...

ON EDIT: HEY! This is POST 9000!!! Can you believe it Samandans??? Wooohoooo!!!!!
    This has been a landmark day for our Royal Photographer and co-village idiot!

First, the O'Neillium depository of sarcastic wit has been downloaded (or uploaded) into her brain, and now this ... Post 9000.

A Royal Bean for sure and some cake from the Royal Bakery!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dAppleBean.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...eCakeFancy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

EXCUSE ME!!

i won't be giving up that wonderful privilege over your dead body!

i got the transfer, i got the transfer, i got the blasted transfer!!!

*hold breath*

*gets dizzy*

*clears throat*
      Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Madam Vice President

Not to worry ... you did, indeed, receive the first transfer of O'Neillium knowledge but, psst, it wasn't the sarcastic wit you were seeking ... remember my dear? You had the direct infusion of the O'Neill libidinous energy. I remember seeing your face light up and the lingerie shoppe on Samanda Square reported that you had made a rather large purchase of quite alluring nightwear and tank tops.

Yes indeedy, your O'Neillium depository provided the full-spa experience and you can always go to those hidden recesses of your brain to relive those passionate moments with a certain General. In fact, I am certain that this is why you have now asked to be named Royal Couples Counselor. Sharing your O'Neillium knowledge is a magnanimous gesture on your part.

soooo.............................................................

i got the blasted transfer!!!

sally
      And it can never be taken away from you! We shall all gain from what you have learned ... er, ahem ... may Murray and I sign up for a counseling session?

Your humble servant,

Jester (who may need the services of the Personal Bodyguard)

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Madam Vice President

Not to worry ... you did, indeed, receive the first transfer of O'Neillium knowledge

but, psst, it wasn't the sarcastic wit you were seeking ... remember my dear? You had the direct infusion of the O'Neill libidinous energy.

*sighs dreamily*

I remember seeing your face light up and the lingerie shoppe on Samanda Square reported that you had made a rather large purchase of quite alluring nightwear and tank tops.

Yes indeedy, your O'Neillium depository provided the full-spa experience and you can always go to those hidden recesses of your brain to relive those passionate moments with a certain General.

it was sam he was thinking of/seeing, but I can accept that.

(i've got rda!)

In fact, I am certain that this is why you have now asked to be named Royal Couples Counselor. Sharing your O'Neillium knowledge is a magnanimous gesture on your part.

well, yeah.... i have been known to be selfless. (that's NOT selfish!)

okay, i feel *much* better now... i got the lust end of the transfer, which is the most important part to me. and it *does* help me in my duties (both as couples counselor and vice president!)

And it can never be taken away from you!

We shall all gain from what you have learned ... er, ahem ... may Murray and I sign up for a counseling session?

oh, of course!

just wait until i take my prozac before arriving for your sessions.

Your humble servant,

no need. i'm fine now. really.

*twitches*

rreally.

*hugs her o'neilled brain*

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Coley - great song titles for the episodes!

To everyone - wonderful captions for this photo!
          http://img52.echo.cx/img52/2667/behindbars3ub.jpg
          ROTFLOL!
          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          You gotta love snarky Sam!

Click on the red type to listen to the clip.

For the record…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...despiseyou.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tatthegate.jpg

You’re creeping me out…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gotnothing.jpg
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...epingmeout.jpg

more attracted to you…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...odneykiss1.jpg
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...odneykiss3.jpg

You two are absolutely right about Redemption. Sam-whumping, Sam and Rodney sparring, Sam giving credit to Jonas; it really is a good episode for her. The only think that could have made it better would have been if she had been the one to fly the ship carrying the gate. Oh, well, I guess Jack had to do something in the episode, right?
          Wonderful post, NC! Thanks so much for the photos and audio clips!

Originally posted by Atteria
          To the Royal Court of Samanda,please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ch-pastry2.jpg
          No Calories... OK, I'll buy that... (looks right and left and then samples the treats surreptitiously)

And - love your sig pic, Atteria

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I've also recently made a new AT collage thanks in part to Uber. I think a few of you have already seen it, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Oh and special thanks to Myrth for her beautiful photos of Amanda.

Ageless Beauty

Kat
          Beautiful collage, Kat!
          but more than anything else... i just want her character to be treated with respect.
          Well put, Sally! Thanks!
          QUICK REMINDER....

Only SIX DAYS LEFT OF VOTING ON SYFYPORTAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's make it count! Vote EVERY DAY!!!!!

http://www.syfyportal.com/
          Today's voting - check!
          To the Honored Royal Court of Samanda,

I am pleased to report that the chocolate making is proceeding well, but until they are ready to present, I thought you might like some Jellybeans. I hope I have included all your favorites.

http://www.i7.photobucket.com/albums...jellybeans.jpg

Your humble servant,

Atteria
          Thanks for the snack, Atteria!
          Originally posted by Fred
          Some favorite quotes (mainly for the way the lines were delivered)

Serpent's Venom:
          "Dad ..." (the one after Daniel says "very, very bad)
          "Just trust me, it's a math thing"

Space race
          "It's mine, sir."

Lost City
          "Jack"

Fifth Man
          "I didn't say that"

Resurrection
          "Present and accounted for."

Grace
          "This is real ..... this is real"

Forsaken
          "Well, you wouldn't, sir, during the day.
          "And, .... continue at will"
          Great quotes, Fred!
          Originally posted by Charlie
          Did I miss the book/collection thing for AT? Coz I wanted to add a message, but methinks I might be too late...
          You aren't too late, Charlie The deadline is this Sunday (June 12). If you'd like to see what is already in the collection, you can view it here: SaGC Collection
          To the Royal Court of Samanda, and any others lurking about....I'm working on a new idea. A button you can push to refill the chocolate candy dish. That way, you'll always have a piece of chocolate handy, when the urge to splurge strikes!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...hocobutton.jpg
          Yum!
          Originally posted by deepspace
          Well, yesterday deepspace managed to stick some postage stamps on a package (hopefully enough to cover the postage rate) and drop it in a local postbox. She was in a big rush when she did it, so hopefully it will reach astro.
          This was just the last thing I could think of to get it away to you, as there’s absolutely no way I’ll be getting to any post offices for a while. The cd is only the one I burned before, so the pages don’t go past 360 or something I’m afraid, and I think there are a few pages which didn’t save right (14? 16? not sure.)
          I'm sure it will be fine, deepspace! Thanks for getting it into the mail - I'll keep an eye out for it.
          Originally posted by deepspace
          Cool! The tongue is blue from the Royal Blue Jello! I love it!
          Thanks to MeiMei!
          I just found a quote made by Sam to Catherine, in The Torment of Tantalus, and I really thought it reflected her (AT) own philosophy:

Catherine: "I felt like a school girl. My heart was beating faster than when I came through the Gate." She laughs. "You think you're old and wise."
          Sam: "I don't think the heart ever grows old."

I guess I'm in that kind of mood right now.......
          What a beautiful quote, Atteria!
          Originally posted by Skydiver
          Sigh

i am FINALLY home. Boy was it a long week. busy, busy, busy. but the good news is, i put in enough hours that i have tomorrow off

and lordy, so much happened. We spent time on the Plaza (in Kansas City) and got to see the Kansas Speedway (a nascar track) and then last night, wow, a killer thunderstorm. it's fun to be up on the 11th floor and watch 80mph winds blow by

but anyway, i'm home and catching up and i'm glad to be back within the fun borders of Samanda
          Welcome back, Sky!
          Originally posted by gatebee
          Keeper has been strangely quiet the past day or so which means that she is deeply involved in the final compiling of all the many pages of what makes Samanda such a magical and merry place. Life is good. May we all continue to prosper and be well.
          Haven't been home much over the past couple of days...and am now catching up on all of the wonderful posts!

EXCUSE ME!!

i won't be giving up that wonderful privilege over your dead body!

i got the transfer, i got the transfer, i got the blasted transfer!!!

*hold breath*

*gets dizzy*

*clears throat*

soooo.............................................................

i got the blasted transfer!!!

sally
          Sally... you really should write some fanfics!

Comment

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Madam Vice President

Not to worry ... you did, indeed, receive the first transfer of O'Neillium knowledge but, psst, it wasn't the sarcastic wit you were seeking ... remember my dear? You had the direct infusion of the O'Neill libidinous energy. I remember seeing your face light up and the lingerie shoppe on Samanda Square reported that you had made a rather large purchase of quite alluring nightwear and tank tops.

Yes indeedy, your O'Neillium depository provided the full-spa experience and you can always go to those hidden recesses of your brain to relive those passionate moments with a certain General. In fact, I am certain that this is why you have now asked to be named Royal Couples Counselor. Sharing your O'Neillium knowledge is a magnanimous gesture on your part.

And it can never be taken away from you! We shall all gain from what you have learned ... er, ahem ... may Murray and I sign up for a counseling session?

Your humble servant,

Alright...alright! It's time for the truth to come out...I've held my tongue LONG ENOUGH (which in itself should have told you SOMETHING was kruvis....)

The truth is...I was the one who stuck my head in the brain sucking machine built by On Quiatus. True, our beloved President was ready to take the fall for the team...but being of lesser station and therefore lesser importance, I knocked her on her bum and may have accidentally rendered her a little bit unconscious...in a completely unintentional kinda "don't arrest me for knocking out the President" kinda way.

Aetiem, I'm the one who got what's left of my brain sucked out and thankfully had the brilliant wit of Jack O'Neill downloaded into my mind...although I have not experience the navo falatus that I thought I would.

It would be kruvis to judge her since I'm the one that gave her a concussion. So please excuse the president for anything she may say or do...as she still may have a bump on her fron.

There. It's done. The truth is out!
            Last edited by Uber; 09 June 2005, 09:36 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Alright...alright! It's time for the truth to come out...I've held my tongue LONG ENOUGH (which in itself should have told you SOMETHING was kruvis....)

The truth is...I was the one who stuck my head in the brain sucking machine built by On Quiatus. True, our beloved President was ready to take the fall for the team...but being of lesser station and therefore lesser importance, I knocked her on her bum and may have accidentally rendered her a little bit unconscious...in a completely unintentional kinda "don't arrest me for knocking out the President" kinda way.

Aetiem, I'm the one who got what's left of my brain sucked out and thankfully had the brilliant wit of Jack O'Neill downloaded into my mind...although I have not experience the navo falatus that I thought I would.

It would be kruvis to judge her since I'm the one that gave her a concussion. So please excuse the president for anything she may say or do...as she still may have a bump on her fron.

There. It's done. The truth is out!

*sticks tongue out*

HA!

sally

(sally continues to hug her o'neill brain, which was loaded with lust and thankfully got the entire transfer before she was brutally attacked for no good reason.... *twitches*)
              sally

sigpic

Comment

*sticks tongue out*

HA!

sally

(sally continues to hug her o'neill brain, which was loaded with lust and thankfully got the entire transfer before she was brutally attacked for no good reason.... *twitches*)
                Aetiem the delusions continue....

tsk...tsk...

Please nu must show compassion for on President...who may still be experiencing wobbling kozars from that blow to her fron...
                Last edited by Uber; 09 June 2005, 09:37 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Aetiem the delusions continue....

tsk...tsk...

Please nu must show compassion for on President...who may still be experiencing wobbling kozars from that blow to her fron...

i actually don't mind your delusions, since i've been elevated to *president* through them.

btw, i've watched that wacked out sg1 parody over and over again. i love it!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Well it seems I'm back on the net again, with my *own* wireless connection. Five days without the net and my husband comes home from a business trip and within two minutes he has the thing working again.

*Grumbles to self about being an idiot*

Oh and my 4yr old just told me she wants to go get her hair cut short like Carter, so I'm trying to figure out what season to go with. Any suggestions?

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      Sigh

i am FINALLY home. Boy was it a long week. busy, busy, busy. but the good news is, i put in enough hours that i have tomorrow off

and lordy, so much happened. We spent time on the Plaza (in Kansas City) and got to see the Kansas Speedway (a nascar track) and then last night, wow, a killer thunderstorm. it's fun to be up on the 11th floor and watch 80mph winds blow by

but anyway, i'm home and catching up and i'm glad to be back within the fun borders of Samanda
                      WELCOME HOME SKYDIVER!

Glad you made it back safely and had a great time. Enjoy your day off!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Well it seems I'm back on the net again, with my *own* wireless connection. Five days without the net and my husband comes home from a business trip and within two minutes he has the thing working again.

*Grumbles to self about being an idiot*

Oh and my 4yr old just told me she wants to go get her hair cut short like Carter, so I'm trying to figure out what season to go with. Any suggestions?

Kat
                        I'm a huge fan of the hair cut from "Prodigy"

This particular style might not work for your daughter, but happy haircutting!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          Just jumping in here to say that if AT did leave after 9 I think it would be good for her. After watching her grow and get better as an actor over these 8 years and after watching how she has continued to impress the awards people as well, I often think that SG (and no offense to SG) is holding her back. She probably makes good $, she gets a lot of respect from her peers in Canada, she probably has a good life in Vancouver but I have felt for the past several years that if she were free to go after some big leading lady roles (whether in Canada or Hollywood) she would likely shine - that's jmo and I know it's hard to give up a good (heck great) thing with a dependable income that is close to home. I often picture her in Meg Ryan type movies like City of Angels with Nicholas Cage and Sleepless in Seattle and the one with Billy Crystal and the infamous deli scene I cannot remember the name of, she could also play roles like that of Kristin Scott-Thomas in The English Patient and on the other hand I also think she could handle things like GI Jane that starred Demi Moore (I'm not saying that was a great movie, I thought it was horrible, just that she could play that role as well as many other types of roles) and those are just a few I also think she could carry an action movie as well, she is very versatile that way. I definitely think she cold have played the role of Mrs. Smith oposite Brad Pitt in the new movie just out - AT can do kick-a$$, comedy and drama - she is the whole magilla. I hope one day she does make it in a big movie ( or a hit TV series on network TV).
                          I love your phrase. I think she's a loyal person and realizes Stargate has been a good opportunity for her and may have thus been hesitant to bail (like some actors do once they become big). But I agree, she could do more. If she leaves before the end of the run, this would be a good news/bad news situation. Great for her & I'd be happy for her, but I'd miss her in the show. Then again, maybe we'd still get to see her work in the US.

Comment

I nominate myself for "Minister without portfolio." (In case you're not sure what that is: a minister who is not in charge of a particular department, but still takes part in government decisions. It's a term I've run across, but I had to double check the definition, so I figured others might not be sure what it is.)
                            Last edited by jckfan55; 10 June 2005, 09:50 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              I'm a huge fan of the hair cut from "Prodigy"

This particular style might not work for your daughter, but happy haircutting!
                              I agree! If I had blonde hair and had a face like AT, I'd get THAT haircut. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work for me. Nope, no way.....

Hope your daughter will like it. Will be easy to take care of in the summer.

Comment

have you guys seen this site?
                                www.theamandatappingclub.net

it looks like a great place. they're looking for some fic so i'm going to sub some. any of you other writers like to send them some?

just no adult stuff, they want to keep the site 'all ages'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X