Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Methinks, oh loyal lurker that you may want to apply for the Vicar position! Or Royal Addictions Counselor! What say? If not, I can add you to the Lurker Extraordinaire category.

However, are you already on our Royal Roll of Samandan Court? I apologize for my sudden lapse in memory and do not have time to check.

If not on Roll, please consider as you have a few more days before Keeper consolidates and then prints the official Samandan listings for her Majesty's Royal Scrapbook.

Jester
    I am currently a "loyal subject." I doubt Vicar is the slot for me. And as for Addictions counselor let me just say wouldn't that be a case if the inmate running the asylum?

You know you're a Samandan when...you see a sign for Court St. and think "Court of Samanda."

At the moment I'm happy with Loyal subject. If I think of an appropriate spot I'll let you know.
    http://img177.echo.cx/img177/998/jackfan559fn.jpg

Comment

The Royal Court of Samanda

"it is our honor to serve"

Madam President, Major Sam

Madam Vice-President/Couples Counselor, Major Sal

Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist

Accountant/Bean Counter and Editor of Oh Yea What Say Times, Coley

Court Jester and Bard, Chopin Gal

Census Taker, Skydiver

Royal Sage/Wise Elder, Nearly Circular

Head of Security, Agent Dark

Royal Pages, deepspace and Charlie

Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan

Royal Graphics Designer and Nanny, Forever Sg1

Assistant Graphics Designer, SamFan 31

First Assistant Head of Security, Carterslave

Second Assistant Head of Security/Bike Patrol, 1speed4Sam

Personal Bodyguard, Royal Guard/Security, Strix varia

Royal Technician, Myrth

Royal Chauffeur/Stunt Person, tsaxlady

Royal Researcher, sg-1 fanintn

Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess

Royal Housekeeper, Head of Domestic Services, tara3583

Royal Baker/Chef, Atteria

Royal Gardener, gatebee

Royal Publicist/Media Analyst, the dancer of spaz

Lurkers Extraordinaires, jafacakes and remaining citizens of Samanda

Dear Court Jester,

I see that I have been made Royal Stunt Person along with Chauffeur duties.

One is assuming this is due in part to high flying stunt and fast driving abilities. It is an honor to sure both our Queen and the court in these duties.

And should our Queen need someone to step in her place for a fight scene or two - one would be ready, will and able.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Well, yesterday deepspace managed to stick some postage stamps on a package (hopefully enough to cover the postage rate) and drop it in a local postbox. She was in a big rush when she did it, so hopefully it will reach astro.
        This was just the last thing I could think of to get it away to you, as there’s absolutely no way I’ll be getting to any post offices for a while. The cd is only the one I burned before, so the pages don’t go past 360 or something I’m afraid, and I think there are a few pages which didn’t save right (14? 16? not sure.)
        Looks like everyone’s been busy. First thing I have to say is how much I love astro’s photos. Gee, she’s really been to the tops of mountains, and the depths of the sea! That underwater picture is just stunning.

And welcome back Strix! What an amazing trip. Did you see any jaffa while you were there? Good to see you again.

majorsal: (did i *really* donate my brain to science???)
        what? signed up what?
        *hugs brain* you're NOT touching my brain!
        *wispers* hey, Sally, they want your brain because you had the O’neillium downloaded into it! It’s super valuable to them, watch out!
        No, seriously, good luck with blue jello week.

ForeverSg1:
        This really needs to have a blue tongue instead.
        meimei:
        Hey, this is great. Shame it’s not really one of the emoticon options! By the way, isn’t ‘Mei Mei’ Mandarin Chinese for ‘little sister’ ?

It’s also good to see spazzy has delurked and is now a regular! And gatebee too. And we have Atteria who is new, yes? Welcome, and congrats on all new royal positions. Oh my, Samanda has bakers, yum (the baked stuff, not the baker!), gardeners, chauffers, and others that I know I’m missing out. LOL4Jack, Cassi, goolfboy, and others… Post here more and I’m sure I’ll get to know your names (It’s also to do with the fact that I haven’t had enough time to read thoroughly yet). Just feel warmly welcome and never be afraid to enter Samanda, cause so long as you love Sam, we love you. I myself am only a little royal Page, but I still want to welcome you all. Court is getting to be a big place these days. Oh yea, I say!

Well, guys, I won’t be here for almost another week yet. Things haven’t been great lately. I’m pretty busy right now, but Samanda will always be important, so I’ll be posting more as soon as I can.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
          EEEK!!! Lordy, Lordy, we have been busy! Can't stop long, just thought I'd drop in and catch up....that was before I remembered I've been called away on RL for almost two weeks and about FIFTY GAZILLION pages have passed here on the thread!!!

Did I miss the book/collection thing for AT? Coz I wanted to add a message, but methinks I might be too late...

I've been flicking, and who was it that mentioned the very disturbing possibility of (spoiler alert kinda sorta)Sam being killed off? You're gonna give me nightmares!!! Please be wrong, please be wrong! There's been a lot of negativity surrounding season nine, and it's getting me all depressed, so I'm just gonna reserve judgement until I've seen it. If they destroy the Sam we know and love....well, there's always fanfiction and earlier seasons DVD's!

And I know this is from about one hundred and fifty pages ago (see how behind I am!), but:

Awesome post Majorsal...eloquent, resonant and true! I'd rep ya, but I gotta spread some first. Oh, and thanks Uber and Deepspace for helping me with my sig.

Okies, it's 3 in the morning and I should REALLY be in bed...anyone, feel free to email/PM me and help me catch up! What Samandan jewels did I miss during my enforced absence....really, it wasn't by choice - as if I could ever stay away from you lot! I probably wont be around much/at all for the next two weeks either coz my show's opening next week, so...see you all later, have fun, and don't do anything Sam wouldn't do!

P.S I apologize for the useless incoherent ramble-ness of this post...did I mention that it's three in the morning?
          Oh yay, Charlie! Good to see you.
          In the way of Royal Samandan gems, well, I could cut and polish you all a few, literally (I cut gemstones), but I think I'll have to let someone else help you catch up, cause I've still got to read up properly myself. But it's really great to see you back on your feet.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I am currently a "loyal subject." I doubt Vicar is the slot for me. And as for Addictions counselor let me just say wouldn't that be a case if the inmate running the asylum?

You know you're a Samandan when...you see a sign for Court St. and think "Court of Samanda."

At the moment I'm happy with Loyal subject. If I think of an appropriate spot I'll let you know.
            http://img177.echo.cx/img177/998/jackfan559fn.jpg
            Ah man, I just realized I actually spelled out 'Jack' on that banner!! Man I think I was really tired when I finished that one up. I'll fix that up as soon as I get some free time. Sorry bout that!

Comment

I just found a quote made by Sam to Catherine, in The Torment of Tantalus, and I really thought it reflected her (AT) own philosophy:

Catherine: "I felt like a school girl. My heart was beating faster than when I came through the Gate." She laughs. "You think you're old and wise."
              Sam: "I don't think the heart ever grows old."

I guess I'm in that kind of mood right now.......
              Last edited by Atteria; 09 June 2005, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Sigh

i am FINALLY home. Boy was it a long week. busy, busy, busy. but the good news is, i put in enough hours that i have tomorrow off

and lordy, so much happened. We spent time on the Plaza (in Kansas City) and got to see the Kansas Speedway (a nascar track) and then last night, wow, a killer thunderstorm. it's fun to be up on the 11th floor and watch 80mph winds blow by

but anyway, i'm home and catching up and i'm glad to be back within the fun borders of Samanda
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To The Royal Court of Samanda
                  I would like to report that our organic garden is ready .

If it pleases the Court, a tour of the land is always at available. the citizens of Samanda deserves the best. Our faithful leader only will receive the best of the land.
                  (bows leaving the court)
                  Gatebee-Organic Gardener

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Ah man, I just realized I actually spelled out 'Jack' on that banner!! Man I think I was really tired when I finished that one up. I'll fix that up as soon as I get some free time. Sorry bout that!
                    But what a lovely banner it is for one of our most loyal subjects! And I like the whole name "Jack" there ... but you and jckfan decide what's the truer representation.

Good work!

Citizens of Samanda remember it is no shame to be a lurker or loyal subject ... they also serve who only lurk and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      Sigh

i am FINALLY home. Boy was it a long week. busy, busy, busy. but the good news is, i put in enough hours that i have tomorrow off

and lordy, so much happened. We spent time on the Plaza (in Kansas City) and got to see the Kansas Speedway (a nascar track) and then last night, wow, a killer thunderstorm. it's fun to be up on the 11th floor and watch 80mph winds blow by

but anyway, i'm home and catching up and i'm glad to be back within the fun borders of Samanda
                      Welcome Home Skydiver!!That's awesome to visit the NASCAR speedway. You can never really gather just how big it is until you actually visit one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Our two little Pages have returned to Samanda ... that warms my heart!

Royal Census Taker and the Queen's personal bodyguard have both safely returned from their travels, even though Census Taker almost had her own "Wizard of Oz" experience with some mighty high winds in a faraway place called Kansas. Royal Bodyguard displayed her knobblies in the Dead Sea but did not capture any Jaffa at the Gate.

And, yes, there are many new faces about the kingdom lately ... hope you enjoy the surroundings and the interesting and fun people who abide here. Stay on and become a loyal citizen if you can.

Royal Graphics Designer and Royal Photographer have been hard at work with Royal Banners and a Group Photo for the official Samandan Scrapbook ... or whatever we do name this mighty archive when finished.

Keeper has been strangely quiet the past day or so which means that she is deeply involved in the final compiling of all the many pages of what makes Samanda such a magical and merry place.

We now have freshly baked goods and rows of lush green fields and produce thanks to our Royal Baker and Gardener.

The Samandan radio station is playing Sam's favorite songs while we delight in decadent chocolate treats from the Royal Bakery. When we have time, we can always read the back issues of Oh Yea We Say Times.

Baby Olivia goes to work with the Queen and Royal Nanny is in attendance. She has yet to tell us any tales though.

Blue jello and green jello still are in abundance and the citizens are feeling so much better now that they have heard hopeful news about the Queen returning to her "home away from home".

Life is good. May we all continue to prosper and be well.

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Dear Court Jester,

I see that I have been made Royal Stunt Person along with Chauffeur duties.

One is assuming this is due in part to high flying stunt and fast driving abilities. It is an honor to sure both our Queen and the court in these duties.

And should our Queen need someone to step in her place for a fight scene or two - one would be ready, will and able.

My Dear Chauffeur

You and the Queen's personal bodyguard, along with our Heads of Security, will prove a formidable force for sure. I can just picture you all kicking and strutting your stuff down the Samandan highway.

And many thanks to our Graphics Designer for your very hot sig Banner!

Hot jazz and fast cars seem to be your coat of arms. Carry on!

Jester

Comment

Yes, the in-your-face transfer of snarky wit will move our Royal Court member right up there in rank. It may even put a smile on her face! And, yes, Madam Vice-President may be a bit peeved, but this was a truly heroic act and should be rewarded, not condemned.

Cheers and congratulations! Use your newfound abilities with discretion, especially at other threads.

Jester and RA

EXCUSE ME!!

i won't be giving up that wonderful privilege over your dead body!

i got the transfer, i got the transfer, i got the blasted transfer!!!

*hold breath*

*gets dizzy*

*clears throat*

soooo.............................................................

i got the blasted transfer!!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

woohoo!

good for you sal!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Welcome Home Skydiver!!That's awesome to visit the NASCAR speedway. You can never really gather just how big it is until you actually visit one.

it was very cool!

they had a catered dinner in the pit so we got to eat BBQ at the speedway

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X