Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassie
    Same for me LOL4Jack my fav. quote though is
    Sam: I'm touched really. I wish I had a brillient plan to draw up for you.
    Rodney: And your funny too. Even electrocuted. I mean I've got nothing
    Sam: Your creeping me out Mckay
    Yes, that was my 2nd favorite and then how she plays with Rodney after she kisses him.

Rodney: So that means you don't hate me anymore?
    Sam: Maybe... to bad for you!
    Rodney: Why?
    Sam: I was more attracted to you when I did...

This is definitely a great Sam ep.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

I've read this thread pretty consistently for a while now, and while I may not entirely agree with everything that gets bandied back and forth to death here, it's certainly refreshing to find a group of people who appreciate and enjoy both the character of Sam Carter and the consistently high quality performance that Amanda Tapping brings to SG-1.

I will say that I join you in your hopes for a fantastic season for Carter, and for SG-1 as a whole. As for concern over the changes being made, well, I've always kind of viewed Stargate as TPTB's show. I'm just watching it. They'll do what they think is best, and there's little we can do to influence those decisions. They've nearly always delivered as far as I'm concerned, so I'm trusting them to get through this difficult period as well. I doubt very much that they've forgotten what's brought them this far, and I doubt very much that they'll marginalize or deconstruct Sam Carter's character.

Finally, I know lots of people have expressed concern over Amanda Tapping's treatment (or mistreatment) by TPTB, however, I think that's a tough argument to make. They have been nothing but supportive and accomodating of her pregnancy and maternity leave. They have written and filmed SG-1 to facilitate her scheduling needs, and continue to make whatever adjustments are necessary to keep Amanda as involved as she wants to be. There's really not much more you could reasonably ask of them.

So, I'll wind up this entirely too long, totally unnecessary post, saying only that Sam Carter has evolved into a strong, compassionate, confident character over the last eight years. They've done such a fine job making her into the person we all love that I feel there's little to no chance that TPTB could ever do anything to make her seem otherwise. Worry not.

Comment

You gotta love snarky Sam!

Click on the red type to listen to the clip.

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        I don't know how to address the court so I beg your forgivness if I address you in an inappropriate manner but I was just watching redemption and I loved when HRH (Her Royal Higness) said the following phrase:

Sam to Rodney: For the Record I hate you...
        For the record…

Originally posted by Cassie

Same for me LOL4Jack my fav. quote though is
        Sam: I'm touched really. I wish I had a brillient plan to draw up for you.
        Rodney: And your funny too. Even electrocuted. I mean I've got nothing
        Sam: Your creeping me out Mckay
        You’re creeping me out…

Originally posted by LOL4JACK

Yes, that was my 2nd favorite and then how she plays with Rodney after she kisses him.

Rodney: So that means you don't hate me anymore?
        Sam: Maybe... to bad for you!
        Rodney: Why?
        Sam: I was more attracted to you when I did...

This is definitely a great Sam ep.
        more attracted to you…

You two are absolutely right about Redemption. Sam-whumping, Sam and Rodney sparring, Sam giving credit to Jonas; it really is a good episode for her. The only think that could have made it better would have been if she had been the one to fly the ship carrying the gate. Oh, well, I guess Jack had to do something in the episode, right?

NC

Comment

For The Royal Citizens of Samada
          Here, to the most Honorable Citizens of Samada. May today's produce bounty give delight and nourishment to one and all.

Gatebee Royal Gardener at your service

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Sam: Ok, I admit I was intrigued when you left me the note that said put on the orange outfit and the blind-fold was a bit of a turn on, but this throwing me into the brig? We really need to work on those fantasies of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Caption This

Sam: Sir, you can't keep me locked behind bars until I agree to go fishing!

sam: "All I did was borrow your Simpsons tape, SIR, couldn't you have just asked for it back?!"

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

To the Royal Court of Samanda,

I am dismayed that my earlier offering of pastries and bread did not please you. I will return to the royal kitchen and try some new recipes. In the meantime, please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  To the Royal Court of Samanda,

I am dismayed that my earlier offering of pastries and bread did not please you. I will return to the royal kitchen and try some new recipes. In the meantime, please feel free to snack on these. They are absolutely guaranteed to have NO calories.

(bows)

Royal Chef...

Royal Shutterbug here.

What gives with the whole dismayal thing? The Royal Court (including myself) has been busy stuffing our Royal faces with your Royally delicious treats!

Now I'm low on the Samanda totem pole (which AGAIN is why I should have put MY head into the BRAIN SUCKING THINGY....) but I think I'm safe in saying the Royal Court was Royally thrilled...

But then again, there's always a troublemaker in the group...so if someone's giving you a hard time...and you know who you are Coley and ChopinGal (or is it you, KAT??? *eyes Samandans SUSPICIOUSLY*)...just send them my way and I'll give them a Royal kick in the....

...well you get the idea.

More Royal Chocolate please! Sinfully sweet if you will.

And...while I'm thinking about it...I'd like to set an appointment with the Royal Dietician and Fitness Trainer; so if you're reading this, ring me on my Royal cell.

Last edited by Uber; 08 June 2005, 09:58 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Hey There, I think the J/S angle is the weakest link, but they did fool us after all the hype with Threads and they went in that direction rather than what was expected. So it may be (ooh, get ready you're gonna love this pun) ... it may be a "loose canon" ... ... but not entirely out of possibility.

However, I like your ideas too regarding the "personal" ...
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam's "not single" because she's committed to Cassie or in a new relationship with a significant other (who is not a cop!)

As to her rank and station, we'll just have to wait and see! And, yes, we are probably overthinking something that's already being shot and set in stone for the first half of the new season at least. But, it's good fun and keeps us from drinking too much or pulling our hair ....
                    I think as far as Season 9 is concerned, as for the whole Sam and Jack thing, I think they will be in a relationship but it'll be subtle at best and alluded to here and there throughout the season. That's fine with me for now as long as there's some sort of official acknowledgement at some time in the future.

Regarding Cassie, I have been painfully disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement regarding dealing with loss. In fact I posted on the "Things I Don't Want for Season 9" I put the fact that I don't want death or incredibly tragic or traumatic events to be endured for one episode and then everything's fine the next. See...they can't have it both ways. You can't have massive story arcs that extend throughout a series of episodes or seasons with long lasting consequences on the galaxy and yet not have any of those arcs result in any kind of emotional or personal consequences on the lead players.

They also can't kill off major characters like Janet...remember Janet? Sam's best friend?...and give as the reason behind that decision that they needed to portray that death of loved ones is a tragic reality of war on the one hand and then on the other hand completely dismiss her value to the program from that episode on. Have we even HEARD the name Janet Fraiser since Heroes?

Now as far as promoting Sam, I'm all for it...even had a long convo back and forth with our esteemed Chief of Royal Security Agent Dark about it...and we both agree that, unless there's some extreme set of circumstances, it just doesn't jive with the way the Air Force works....although I'm really jazzed about the idea that the guys (Cam, Daniel and Teal'c) couldn't fix this major problem so they'll have to call in the big guns...our Sam.
                    Last edited by Uber; 08 June 2005, 10:01 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

My oh my has our Kingdom grown!

I've updated the banner list, but unfortunately I still do not have one for everyone on the royal court list. The Kingdom is growing much faster than I can keep up!! *Wipes sweat off brow* I'm sure there are many of you who are capable of doing a much better job at this than myself, so if you are interested in making a banner for yourself, please feel free. Just let me know the link and I'll add it to the banner page.

I've also recently made a new AT collage thanks in part to Uber. I think a few of you have already seen it, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Oh and special thanks to Myrth for her beautiful photos of Amanda.

Ageless Beauty

Kat

Comment

season 9 spoilers/speculation

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        I think as far as Season 9 is concerned, as for the whole Sam and Jack thing, I think they will be in a relationship but it'll be subtle at best and alluded to here and there throughout the season. That's fine with me for now as long as there's some sort of official acknowledgement at some time in the future.
                        i'm a shipper *hears 'oh, really?!' from the bleachers*, so id like that too.

Regarding Cassie, I have been painfully disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement regarding dealing with loss.

i hope not only to they acknowledge cassie, i hope she's in an ep. and i'd prefer the actress that played her in rite of passage (mainly because she's the one i know now as cassie, and i like her spunk).

In fact I posted on the "Things I Don't Want for Season 9" I put the fact that I don't want death or incredibly tragic or traumatic events to be endured for one episode and then everything's fine the next. See...they can't have it both ways. You can't have massive story arcs that extend throughout a series of episodes or seasons with long lasting consequences on the galaxy and yet not have any of those arcs result in any kind of emotional or personal consequences on the lead players.
                        i've been complaining about that for years. but it's gotten worse with time. i'm sure being tortured to death and having one's mind put into a computer mainframe would have lasting impressions on someone(s).

my hopes/desires for sam (and ship) is being tempered with what i think they're actually do. i'm trying to stay level-headed but it's not always easy. i'm not sure sam's going to be leading sg1 (but i want her to be), but more than anything else... i just want her character to be treated with respect. if things don't go the way i desire, i want a *really* good explanation why (and one that's good 'for sam').

just be good to sam.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Royal Chef...

But then again, there's always a troublemaker in the group...so if someone's giving you a hard time...and you know who you are Coley and ChopinGal (or is it you, KAT??? *eyes Samandans SUSPICIOUSLY*)...just send them my way and I'll give them a Royal kick in the....

Errr don't think I've ever intentionally given anyone a hard time (apart from 1speed who takes it in the spirit it is intended) ? If I have let me know and I shall duly apologise

I think ChopinGal is incapable of giving anyone a hard time she is just too sweet.

Have I missed something Uber?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            ChopinGal, love the poem!!!!! And I find your earlier ideas intriguing and 99% plausible. I disagree only slightly on two hypothesis:

1. I think that everything you discussed has
                            Spoiler:
                            transpired in a matter of months, not years. I think it's happened in 6-12 months.

2. I don't think they'd let the shippers (me included!) have Sam & Jack
                            Spoiler:
                            married yet. But I do believe they are in a committed, long-distance relationship. After all they have been through, these two would be together,
                            as often and as much as possible!

And Coley, I just wish I could tune in Samandan Radio! What is the frequency? It sounds like a great evening of listening.

If you would accept my humble suggestions, I would like to put forward a couple of additions to your playlist, from the country charts:

Lost City 2 - No Place That Far, by Sara Evans
                            Threads - The Broken Road, by Rascal Flatts

Both are very A/C sounding, so they should blend well. I'd also like to suggest an alternate (or additional) song for one episode:

Moebius 2 - Save the Best for Last, by Vanessa Williams

Whew! What say ye, citizens of Samanda?

Great suggestions. They are lined up on the turntable and ready to play!!! Any more suggestions - could we put a song to every episode?

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              Errr don't think I've ever intentionally given anyone a hard time (apart from 1speed who takes it in the spirit it is intended) ? If I have let me know and I shall duly apologise

I think ChopinGal is incapable of giving anyone a hard time she is just too sweet.

Have I missed something Uber?
                              Naw...I just had to pick on a couple of Samandans at random. Except for Kat...she's just EEEVVVILLLL.

You know this reminds me...it's been awhile since I've said this and now clearly is a good time to say it again...

I am a smart aleck and am incredibly snarky by nature...as to the level of snark, think "Jack O'Neill" on a good day. I crack jokes almost ALL THE TIME...that is unless I'm in one of my moods to defend something or someone...

So don't take me seriously. Ever. Unless you're supposed to take me seriously. Like when I'm being serious. But sometimes it's seriously difficult to tell when I'm being snarky or when I'm being serious.

Just remember, I NEVER mean to offend anyone...so if I do, it's unintentional.

And I mean that.

Seriously.

Comment

Oh I feel awful at the lack my response to everyones postings. I'm sort of trying to avoid season 9 spoilers really and just stake things as they come - so I have been skimming through and not revealing all the season 9 stuff and spoilers.

It is great to see the thread so active though and its lovely to see new people joining in - so Hi to all newcomers I've missed over the last week or two!!

My green jello bucket seems to be empty for most Samandan's too darn it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X