Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by astrogeologist
    LOL... that's sure thinking big...but... I *like* it!

    Also love the Col. Carter sloganizer in your sig!
    Hey...I think big...



    btw...when do I get to customize my avatar????

    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

    Comment


      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      btw...when do I get to customize my avatar????
      I've been wondering the same thing... we'll probably have to wait for Sky to get back at the end of the week so we can ask her.

      Comment


        Originally posted by astrogeologist
        I've been wondering the same thing... we'll probably have to wait for Sky to get back at the end of the week so we can ask her.
        I think it's 1,800 posts, but I can't be certain. I believe when you reach 800 posts, some bonus avatars appear.
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I think it's 1,800 posts, but I can't be certain. I believe when you reach 800 posts, some bonus avatars appear.
          You're right C7, it's 1800 posts. *popping back into lurkerdom*

          Comment


            One of my favorite lines from The Sentinel...

            Jack: Carter, you're in charge.
            Sam: Yes sir.



            Another good line from The Sentinel...this one from Sam being a little snarky (it's amazing what you miss if you're not looking for it):

            <<In discussing taking down force field around the sentinel>>
            Daniel: And how long will that take?
            Kershaw: Last time it took just over 48 hours.
            Sam: Well maybe Daniel can help you shave a couple of days off that estimate.

            Last edited by Uber; 05 June 2005, 02:11 PM.

            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

            Comment


              Is it SERIOUSLY 1800 posts!??!?!?! *dies*

              Well I better get posting!!! So much for all my "must stuff all content into one single massive long post" idea...


              well, here's a post... hm, what can I say...

              ah, yes, I should have the vid of the Leo's up in less than three hours!!!!!

              and Samfan 31, the link to those pics... besides, THANK YOUUUU for the link...




              HONESTLY, where the HECK does Myrth get these!??!?!

              I'm voting that she's secretly Amanda's personal photographer...



              Oh, and Uber.... BRILLIANT little factoid!!!

              Imagine... Sam, the Supreme Commander of Earth's Allied Forces... *dies* Her and Thor, little Supreme Commander buddies, off scheming how to save the Universe...

              Jack: "So, Sam honey, how was work today?"

              Sam: "Oh, you know, I led a batallion of F-302's against a Goa'uld Armada and saved a Solar System, then hopped off to meet with the Ancient and Asgaard High Councils, gave them some advice... Same old, same old..."
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

              ^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

              Comment


                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Interesting little factoid here...

                Did you know that Eisenhower went from Lieutenant Colonel to leading the entire Allied Forces of World War II in the span of 15 months???

                Just food for thought...

                And here's something else that I was musing over... How much time do you think will have passed in 'Stargate Time' between the end of Season 8 and the beginning of Season 9? There's no reason that they can't start Season 9 with a note on the screen - or someone making a comment in dialogue - that lets the viewers know that, say a year or two has passed since SG-1 went fishing... That would give more credence and space for the idea that our old SG-1 has disbanded and dispersed... and.. it would make it a bit easier for our Lt. Colonel Carter to be promoted to full Colonel....?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  One of my favorite lines from The Sentinel...

                  Jack: Carter, you're in charge.
                  Sam: Yes sir.



                  Another good line from The Sentinel...this one from Sam being a little snarky (it's amazing what you miss if you're not looking for it):

                  <<In discussing taking down force field around the sentinel>>
                  Daniel: And how long will that take?
                  Kershaw: Last time it took just over 48 hours.
                  Sam: Well maybe Daniel can help you shave a couple of days off that estimate.

                  Great lines, Uber! Thanks for posting them for us
                  Originally posted by MajorSam
                  Oh, and Uber.... BRILLIANT little factoid!!!

                  Imagine... Sam, the Supreme Commander of Earth's Allied Forces... *dies* Her and Thor, little Supreme Commander buddies, off scheming how to save the Universe...

                  Jack: "So, Sam honey, how was work today?"

                  Sam: "Oh, you know, I led a batallion of F-302's against a Goa'uld Armada and saved a Solar System, then hopped off to meet with the Ancient and Asgaard High Councils, gave them some advice... Same old, same old..."
                  ROTFLOL! Great dialogue, MS!

                  Comment


                    As a bit of light relief from all the S9 angst going around, here’s what we got up to in this part of Samanda on Saturday…

                    The day started with the Royal Accountant struggling to create order from chaos (or to put it more accurately, faffing about). Eventually we made it to the Yorkshire Dales, where I am pleased to say the RA managed to avoid acrobatically detaching herself from her bike for once .

                    After a couple of hours’ energetic fun in the pouring rain, we decided to head back to the ranch and spend the afternoon watching Stargate.

                    During the journey home, it became obvious that I had incurred the Royal Accountant’s acute displeasure by sending a photo of her to a fellow Samandan. This probably explains why the RA felt it necessary to fasten the restraints on the Stargate Viewing Settee ™ even tighter than usual - she said it was only to prevent me over-exerting myself at the sight of our Queen‘s dress in Emancipation, but I’m not convinced. It certainly turned the mid-show feast of Spaghetti Bolognese into an interesting challenge - at one point I even tried to get a certain large and spirited dog to loosen the restraints for me, but as usual he just thought I wanted my face licking (though to be fair, this did get rid of most of the Bolognese sauce).

                    Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed seven whole episodes (from The Enemy Within to Brief Candle) without too much interference from the RA, apart from various attempts to distract me during Emancipation. As for her insistence that we re-enact the “Carter thumps Marine” moment from The First Commandment, I can only presume this had something to do with my aforementioned photographic misdemeanour.

                    Oh, and just for the record, my favourite episodes so far are The Broca Divide (and no, this has nothing to do with the tank top, honest) and The Nox.

                    1s4S

                    Comment


                      Whoops...I upset someone on that Cam should outrank Sam thread.

                      I do tend to get a little energized when I defend something I believe in. I don't think I was taking pot shots...just doing my very best to systematically pulverize the ridiculous argument that Sam should take 2IC to Cam.

                      That's all.



                      ON EDIT: HEY!!!! My 1200th post! And it's on SaGC!!!!!! WoooHOOOO!!!


                      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Whoops...I upset someone on that Cam should outrank Sam thread.

                        I do tend to get a little energized when I defend something I believe in. I don't think I was taking pot shots...just doing my very best to systematically pulverize the ridiculous argument that Sam should take 2IC to Cam.

                        That's all.



                        ON EDIT: HEY!!!! My 1200th post! And it's on SaGC!!!!!! WoooHOOOO!!!

                        You aren't the first one that Lightsabre has gotten upset with, Uber And... I, of course, have found your posts on that thread to be extremely polite and well-written!

                        Congrats on the 1200th!

                        Comment


                          Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          I think I should have been more specific...

                          I love these quotes...don't get me wrong...but I'm looking for something OTHER than the standard favorites...

                          And what about AT? She's done interviews and specials and audio commentaries...pick some of the less-obvious quotes!
                          Okay this is from the Burbank Con July '04 -

                          AT arrived on stage to a standing ovation - she thanked people - looked around the room and then saw the banner hanging to the right of the stage -
                          Here is what she had to say about it "Uh, Hello. Stargate Barbie, hello. New from Matel, accessories, including the breasts, not included... " She acted like she was going to say more but stopped.
                          Now several of the other guest had made comments about the banner - CJ walked up to it acted like her was laying his head on AT chest. - Carmen Argenziano
                          said this about it "wow, what a beautiful woman. Some things about her have changed…" As each guest finished on stage they had them sign all the banners when AT went to sign that banner she looked at it, looked at the crowd smiled and sign it across the chest with a LARGE autograph -

                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

                          Comment


                            1speed4Sam, your day with the Royal Accountant sounds like it was alot more fun than mine. And as it included so many episodes of Samgate, err, I meant Star Gate (silly me), how could it have been anything else?

                            Thanks for the report. It was greatly appreciated and served to lighten a rather bleak day in my part of the realm.

                            My thanks....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Okay this is from the Burbank Con July '04 -

                              AT arrived on stage to a standing ovation - she thanked people - looked around the room and then saw the banner hanging to the right of the stage -
                              Here is what she had to say about it "Uh, Hello. Stargate Barbie, hello. New from Matel, accessories, including the breasts, not included... " She acted like she was going to say more but stopped.
                              Now several of the other guest had made comments about the banner - CJ walked up to it acted like her was laying his head on AT chest. - Carmen Argenziano
                              said this about it "wow, what a beautiful woman. Some things about her have changed…" As each guest finished on stage they had them sign all the banners when AT went to sign that banner she looked at it, looked at the crowd smiled and sign it across the chest with a LARGE autograph -


                              HAHAHH!!!!!!!

                              Thanks SO much for that!!! I always wondered what they thougth of that pic...

                              haha, good stuff, good stuff
                              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

                              ^^Sam/Jack^^
                              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

                              Comment


                                From the commentary on Ascension – Martin Wood, AT and James Tichenor are the voices.


                                Martin Wood’s comments about Ascension being a response to the fans
                                feedback from internet




                                AT and MW talking about the scene between Janet and Sam which was cut
                                Cut scene





                                AT’s comments about Carter’s lack of a life
                                Quintessential Carter




                                AT’s comments about Carter’s car, etc.
                                Carter’s Volvo


                                AT’s comments about her opinion of Carter’s house
                                Carter’s house

                                MW’s comment about this house
                                Frasier’s house

                                AT on the personal items in the house
                                Gifts from fans






                                MW on the video tapes on the bookshelf
                                Naughty tapes



                                To be continued...

                                NC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X