Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I think we should all do our own letters, but do you think we should agree on key points to make & general tone? Here's a draft I just whipped up. What do you think?

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for the great show, Stargate SG-1 and to write in support of multiple Award winning actress Amanda Tapping and the character of Samantha Carter. As you know, she really brings this integral character alive. As long as Ms. Tapping is willing to play Sam Carter, she will have a devoted following. I’m hoping Sam will get some great leadership opportunities in Season 9. Though we won’t see her for the first few episodes, this blue jello (Sam’s favorite) is to let you know she is on our minds.

*wonderful* letter, jckfan!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Hey everyone, don't think it's been posted yet, but theres' FINALLY a new interview with Amanda!!!! It's been translated from a French mag!!! Here's the Mag Page

And the Translation:

The heroine of Stargate reveils a new and wonderful adventure.

Amanda Tapping: My Miracle Baby

Soon to be 40 (28 August), Amanda Tapping savours the joy of being a
      mother. Satisfied with Olivia as much as with Stargte SG-1, she
      started shooting season 9.

TS: Your little Olivia came into your life on March 22nd. What great
      joy it must have been!

AT: (laughs) Exactly ! And I can't even imagine my life without her
      anymore ! As a matter of fact, from the moment I started shooting
      Stargate again, in Vancouver, I have been taking her with me.

TS: Is your husband, Alan Kovacs (married on 23 September 1994) also
      crazy about her?

AT: He is incredible. He is always trying to look after her. He
      never in his life changed a diaper, but he is a master chef at it.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

TS: Before Olivia you've had two miscarriages...

AT: That was very hard on me. My first miscarriage was in autumn
      2002, at the end of shooting the last episode of season 7 of
      Stargate. The second one was shortly before I got pregnant with
      Olivia. I don't need to tell you that we think of our girl as our
      mircale baby.

TS: Do you still wish to enlarge your family in spite of what
      happened ?

AT: Of course! All the more so, since I grew up with 2 brothers of
      whom 1 my twin.

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series
      at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be
      appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father
      to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver
      while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he
      decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear
      view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or
      two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she
      isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

AMANDA, AMANDA, AMANDA!!!

*thank you* for passing this along!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

So, here's my night so far!!!!

ThereI was, innocently eating my pizza.., I glance over at the clock and... ****, IT'S 7:30 PM, I'M SUPOSSED TO BE TAPING THE AWARDS FOR ALL THOSE CRAZY KIDS AT SAMANDA!

I start FREAKING out because I didn't have the tape ready, because yesterday I became ragingly sick and have been in bed all day... but still, I had my duty as President! I RUN downstairs, find a tape, and shove it in the VHS player... but it DOESN'Twork!!!FINALLY I figureout how it could work, while madly looking up presentation times on the website to see if I'd missed Amanda... I see the one they're on, and Amanda's ages away! I relax, start eating again... then suddenly, one person later, "And now, the nominations for Best Lead Female in a Dramatic Series" HAH, so much for the blooming presentation order! Gah! *shakes head* Well, in short, I got it taped! *Adrenaline still pumping through veins from running up and down and around*

I figured out that I can hook up my digital Vid cam to the VHS player, put it on there, then put that onto Comp. I'm getting the digital vid cam tape tomorrow, so i'll put it up then!!!!

I would tell you some tidbits now, but that would spoil things

MY 300TH POST ON SAMANDA!!!!!!! WOOOOH
        Egad!! You write *frantic* so well. It gave me sweaty palms just reading it! Thanks for all your efforts and creating such a terrific mental picture.

Comment

So, here's my night so far!!!!

ThereI was, innocently eating my pizza.., I glance over at the clock and... ****, IT'S 7:30 PM, I'M SUPOSSED TO BE TAPING THE AWARDS FOR ALL THOSE CRAZY KIDS AT SAMANDA!

I start FREAKING out because I didn't have the tape ready, because yesterday I became ragingly sick and have been in bed all day... but still, I had my duty as President! I RUN downstairs, find a tape, and shove it in the VHS player... but it DOESN'Twork!!!FINALLY I figureout how it could work, while madly looking up presentation times on the website to see if I'd missed Amanda... I see the one they're on, and Amanda's ages away! I relax, start eating again... then suddenly, one person later, "And now, the nominations for Best Lead Female in a Dramatic Series" HAH, so much for the blooming presentation order! Gah! *shakes head* Well, in short, I got it taped! *Adrenaline still pumping through veins from running up and down and around*

I figured out that I can hook up my digital Vid cam to the VHS player, put it on there, then put that onto Comp. I'm getting the digital vid cam tape tomorrow, so i'll put it up then!!!!

I would tell you some tidbits now, but that would spoil things

MY 300TH POST ON SAMANDA!!!!!!! WOOOOH
          (can't rep you)

thank you, majsam! i can't wait to see it!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            ..what if, they are going to kill Sam off in Season 9? ... they get an opportunity that they haven't had since MS left... the chance to kill off one of the main characters? ... I think that there are folks who would love to see a main character die - and stay dead... to give the show that 'gritty edge of reality' - and to give the rest of the show that 'tension' and suspense that would come from having an audience who couldn't know if their favorite characters were going to survive the 'crisis of the week'.

she hoped that the series ended with Sam and Jack going fishing - and letting the viewers decide for themselves how things worked out...
            I de-spoilered this b/c it doesn't deal with things that are actually happening (or even rumored to be happening) on the show.
            Re the last point, yes, that's how S8 ended (twice over) and the complaining hasn't stopped, for a variety of reasons, whether it's S/J shippers feeling dissed, J/D shippers feeling dissed or hysterics who think that Classic SG-1 died & have been replaced with a new of set of duplicates. I loved the scene at the Lake w/o Fish, but my point is large numbers of fans are going to be displeased no matter what you do.
            As to "there are folks who would love to see a main character die - and stay dead," they tried that at least once already. Ever hear tell of Dr. Janet Fraiser? (I hope so, seeing as the characters on the show had completely forgotten her existence within the space of a week.) They killed her off irrevocably (to date) in S7. Didn't go over so well. It's over a year later & fans are still pissed ... nor did the S8 demise of Jacob/Selmac make anybody very happy. When they try the "reality bites" gambit on SG-1 it generally doesn't work b/c it's just not that kind of a show (just as the bedroom scene in Chimera had me thinking I'd tuned into a different series altogether).
            Also, when you see the impact that the absence of Carter is having on this thread (and I'm actually cutting TPTB some slack on this one, since they couldn't predict when AT would be back & in what condition), you can well imagine that killing Carter off would go over like a lead balloon—the size of Manhattan.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              If you look up at a post, you see those little scales? click on them and you get a box to give someone 'reputation points' which can be green - good, or red - bad (as i agree with what you said or i disagree with what you said)
              Fortunately I'm color-blind along the red-green scale, so I'll never be any the wiser. (Merely a wise-ass.)
              As for the blue-jello campaign, it seems like a witty & inspired solution to me ... shades of "Aeryn Go Braless" or some of the other humor-based fan initiatives that helped resurrect Farscape. I'm sure you'll get your point across.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Caption
                MS: I'm gonna hold my breath until they stop getting all the attention!

Comment

Hello,

It's the first time I post in this thread, so I hope I'm not out of line

I've been reading the last couple of pages of this thread and wow, you are having some fun, lot's of information, quotes, interview... this thread is hot!!!!!!!

((((( THANKS )))))))

I guess you've talked about it thousand of times, but I'm terrified of what will be of Sam in S9, TPTB have not given much information and what they have...... no comments

Not having Jack on S9 is difficult and now more than ever, I need her to be the strong character that I've learned to love... cross our fingers

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Here’s a photo triptych that includes pics of Amanda from Myrth’s site. I liked so many of the pics it was hard to decide on just three. I thought they might look nice framed, so I decided to give it a try. All the original pics can be found at http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19

Amanda Triptych

And, Welcome LOL4JACK! Of course you’re not out of line. We’re glad you decided to post here.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                      Here’s a photo triptych that includes pics of Amanda from Myrth’s site. I liked so many of the pics it was hard to decide on just three. I thought they might look nice framed, so I decided to give it a try. All the original pics can be found at http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=19

Amanda Triptych

And, Welcome LOL4JACK! Of course you’re not out of line. We’re glad you decided to post here.
                      Hotdamm, I'd frame that and hang it on my wall!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Hotdamm, I'd frame that and hang it on my wall!
                        Glad you liked it! It was my first attempt at doing the triptych framing thing.
                        Last edited by SamFan31; 04 June 2005, 11:33 PM.

Comment

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.
                          Holy Hannah! Does this remotely mean what we think/hope it does?????

Now, with that all aside, I'd like to point out that just as I predicted (and probably of no surprise to anyone on this thread), when AT talks about RDA, that it's with the affection and class we've come to expect.....no snarky jags, no innuendo about "magic" on the set. I love this woman!!!

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          SciFi's desires probably trump everything. They're the reason that the show is still around; they're MOST LIKELY the reason why there's a bigger budget this season; and they're more than likely the reason why Browder and Black have been thrust upon the series.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing absolutely against the actors, but like we've all discussed before: SciFi wants those Farscape fans to come back to the network, and what better way to do that then to bring in the show's poster boy and girl?
                          Just to play devil's advocate: If they loved them so much, why the frall did they cancel Farscape in the first place?

If TPTB would offer us some crumbs I think it would help our peace of mind. . But they may not want to promote AT when she won't appear for several episodes. They want people on board with the new people. But I still say, if AT can't do some interviews etc (which I understand) then put some Sam shots into the promos--keep her "alive." We'll see what SciFi has on tonight in the area of Season 9 promos.
                          I believe there was a new SGA promo on Friday night, and it actually looked interesting!

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Just toying with ideas... what if Sam has the Ancient gene... but the naquadah and protein marker in her blood (from Jolinar) make it difficult/painful for her to try to operate Ancient tech like Jack does? Hmmmm...

(I know that they won't do such a thing on the show...but these are the paths that my imagination wanders... )
                          Someone mentioned in another post I read a few days ago that Joe was asked whether with O'Neill gone, someone else would have the Ancient gene, and he said, "No one on our team."

Yay!! I also caught Reckoning last pm. I loved her performance even more this 2nd viewing.
                          Spoiler:
                          Her Replicator Carter is deliciously evil.
                          Originally posted by Skydiver
                          reckoning and moebius showed such fantastic aspects of amanda's abilities. replicarter was magically evil. she had just the right mix of sincerity and quiet menace while sam in moebius was so different, but so close to the 'original'

i found her to be absolutely endearing
                          And isn't it amazing how subtle, but at the same time, how distinctly different, Replicarter is from Carter? Amanda is so talented!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Now, with that all aside, I'd like to point out that just as I predicted (and probably of no surprise to anyone on this thread), when AT talks about RDA, that it's with the affection and class we've come to expect.....no snarky jags, no innuendo about "magic" on the set. I love this woman!!!

class. amanda. 'nuff said.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Thankyou for putting up Amanda's interview from
                              the french magazine, it's so nice to hear from her after she's had Olivia and i must say i laughed my head off over her comment about Alan
                              now a dab hand at changing nappies!so lovely and down to earth comment from her.
                              As a shipper i loved that little line from her about Sam's status at the moment!

Just a side note, i think it was Denise a few pages back that said somthing about tptb droping a bit of info that would start to stir the fans up a little bit before the start of s9, so i was wondering if this from Amanda was the first drop so to speak to get us all talking?
                              Anyway as a fan of Amanda i'm really happy to have read this intervew and know that she and her little family are doing ok
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                Thankyou for putting up Amanda's interview from
                                the french magazine, it's so nice to hear from her after she's had Olivia and i must say i laughed my head off over her comment about Alan
                                now a dab hand at changing nappies!so lovely and down to earth comment from her.
                                As a shipper i loved that little line from her about Sam's status at the moment!

Just a side note, i think it was Denise a few pages back that said somthing about tptb droping a bit of info that would start to stir the fans up a little bit before the start of s9, so i was wondering if this from Amanda was the first drop so to speak to get us all talking?
                                Anyway as a fan of Amanda i'm really happy to have read this intervew and know that she and her little family are doing ok
                                this interview made me happy too!

we've FINALLY heard from amanda, how she's doing, how the baby is... it's like water to parched fans!

(and the shipper in me still hasn't stopped squeeing)

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X