No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic read ChopinGal re HEADTRIP - I recommend ot to anyone who has not read it yet - It is finished at last!!

Also watched Gemini for the first time today and I enjoyed it I must say. Yes Sam made a mistake and in my mind that humanised her. She made an error of judgement, not a stupid mistake. I've misjudged someone big style myself and we probably all misjudge someone at some stage. Sam cannot be perfect - I can accept this sort of writing as character development. Sam will learn from her error, it will make her more cautious in future, it will shape her somehow, we all change through experience both positive and negative. Personally I don't think it was an episode to make too much of. I liked the fact that she recognises and accepts she may have made a howler. That says a lot about her character in itslef. There are lots of people out there who can't hold there hand up and say Yes I was out of line, or I dropped a clanger. I like the writing that gives Sam this strength to admit her mistakes.

The thing that is upsetting me about season 8 is the lack of opportunity Sam is getting to lead - and the apalling lack of team based and off world episodes. To be honest I don't see too much of Sam being let down by the writers. She is not featured as much in the episodes, but we all know that she was going through a rough time of things, perhaps the doctor ordered an easing up?

Oh I don't like the sudden affinity for girlie, tight fitting revealing outfits either, don't mind some of it, but love the casual style of seasons 1 to 6. When does one wear tight jeans for a military steak out - only on Stargate - everyone else is in full mil' uniform

Now I think that is more Sci Fi demands to sex the show up a bit, rather than anything to do with the writers. I'm just not sure who the person at Sci Fi is who looks but doesn't see the gorgousness of Sam in season's 1 to 6. Someone who is not out of school shorts yet I suspect!!

As you can see my sarcasm chip is warming up nicely for 1s's visit tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      awwe, i upset someone

ok, honestly, is this rude? I didn't think so, i thought it was blunt, but with joe you do have to be blunt

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50#post4279450

I have a question about Sam.

Due to the almost complete lack of mention of her in the spoilers, is she truly going to be an equal and participating member of this touted 'season of the team' or is she just going to be like Doctor Frasier, little bits and pieces when the script calls for it?

Me and many other fans of the character are noticing the lack of mention and were wondering if it was simply just how the spoilers were written or if the character of Sam is perhaps being written out of the show.

Can you give us any insight into this please?

thank you

___

and then i got a red ding saying this

Bringing person opinions into a Question and Answer Thread

___
      Nah, I don't think it was rude at all, just blunt like you said. Was the person who dinged you on either side? Is he/she a fan or not a fan? It kinda helps to know if a dinger is biased or not...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Exactly! So for everyone out there who thinks this is some sort of Save Sam campaign, you'll be disappointed.

The only thing coordinated about this is that fans from this and other AT/SC fangroups will be sending in Blue Jello to TPTB and including a note about AT/Sam.

There is no official letter to include...just tell them how you feel about your favorite character. Frankly, personal - yet brief and courteous - notes from fans are more effective at communicating fan appreciation than a photocopied or master letter sent by the masses....

So once again...just get the Blue Jello and on the designated date send it to TPTB.

Let them see the kind of fanbase AT/Sam has....
        Thanks for your welcome and can you really buy Blue jello? Do they make blue jello? Blueberry flavored, maybe? If so, I'll buy a box or 20 and send them a few.

Comment

awwe, i upset someone

ok, honestly, is this rude? I didn't think so, i thought it was blunt, but with joe you do have to be blunt

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50#post4279450

I have a question about Sam.

Due to the almost complete lack of mention of her in the spoilers, is she truly going to be an equal and participating member of this touted 'season of the team' or is she just going to be like Doctor Frasier, little bits and pieces when the script calls for it?

Me and many other fans of the character are noticing the lack of mention and were wondering if it was simply just how the spoilers were written or if the character of Sam is perhaps being written out of the show.

Can you give us any insight into this please?

thank you

___

and then i got a red ding saying this

Bringing person opinions into a Question and Answer Thread

___

mmhm, didn't think it was an opinion per se, but i would welcome some differing pov's if anyone feels like sharing them

I think this is the third red i've ever gotten. I feel sorta special
          Doesn't look rude to me either, Sky! I think you were clear and to the point.
          and welcome to samanda Atteria

some of us might be a bit grumpy at the moment, but we never stay that way for long and soon we'll be back to having all sorts of Sam fun!
          Welcome aboard Atteria!
          Here's a glass of introductory Royal Blue Jello

And here's a link to an Index Post with links to great Sam screen caps, audio caps, episode comments, etc.
          Originally posted by Atteria
          Maybe it's the actress herself, Amanda Tapping and not the writers/producers, who are changing her role this season. Perhaps, as a new mother, she requested smaller parts, so as to be able to spend more time with her new daughter? The first year of life goes by so quickly, maybe she wants to treasure as much of it as possible.

Just an thought. Personally, I will miss her if her role is reduced. She has always been a favorite character of mine and is definitely a very positive role model for young women.
          You could be 100% correct about AT's choices, Atteria!
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 03 June 2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Exactly! So for everyone out there who thinks this is some sort of Save Sam campaign, you'll be disappointed.

The only thing coordinated about this is that fans from this and other AT/SC fangroups will be sending in Blue Jello to TPTB and including a note about AT/Sam.

There is no official letter to include...just tell them how you feel about your favorite character. Frankly, personal - yet brief and courteous - notes from fans are more effective at communicating fan appreciation than a photocopied or master letter sent by the masses....

So once again...just get the Blue Jello and on the designated date send it to TPTB.

Let them see the kind of fanbase AT/Sam has....
            Ok, I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, so I'll look for the jello. What flavor is the blue kind?

Comment

Oh man... the boxes of jello... oh man... that's gonna be hilarious. I can see it now...

"Uh... Mr. Cooper?"

"Yes?"

"There are, uh... Um... A couple hundred boxes of blue jello waiting for you at the front desk."

"That's funny..."

"No, I'm serious..."

"Well, who's it from?"

"I don't know... I'm sorry, sir, but do you know any people from a town called Samanda?"

"Samanda? What the - Oh... Yeah..."

Comment

Caption: Vala (off camera): "Hey Colonel Carter--I can give you some fashion tips if you'd like."
                Sam: "I'll stick to my uniform, thanks."
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Oh man... the boxes of jello... oh man... that's gonna be hilarious. I can see it now...

"Uh... Mr. Cooper?"

"Yes?"

"There are, uh... Um... A couple hundred boxes of blue jello waiting for you at the front desk."

"That's funny..."

"No, I'm serious..."

"Well, who's it from?"

"I don't know... I'm sorry, sir, but do you know any people from a town called Samanda?"

Funny spazmeister...

But just so everyone knows, this AT/Sam appreciation campaign....IE, the Blue Jello campaign...is not just for us. There are other AT/Sam fan groups online who will be participating as well!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Funny spazmeister...

But just so everyone knows, this AT/Sam appreciation campaign....IE, the Blue Jello campaign...is not just for us. There are other AT/Sam fan groups online who will be participating as well!

In that case...

"I'm sorry to bother you again, sir."

"What's up?"

"I said a couple hundred boxes earlier... Actually, we're looking at close to a thousand..."

"A thousand? What are you doing with it all?"

"One of the directors suggested we give most of it to craft services..."

"Forget craft services. Someone needs to call Amanda..."

"Yes, I did that."

"What'd she say?"

"Nothing. She just kinda laughed... A lot."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Caption: Vala (off camera): "Hey Colonel Carter--I can give you some fashion tips if you'd like."

Sam, when she was out of uniform, wore leather, but her jackets were tasteful and simply gorgeous! Vala seems poured into her leather. I'm not saying she doesn't look good, just how can you run or sit in that outfit???? I wonder if we get to see Vala out of "her" uniform? ( Hey, I didn't mean it that way......men!) Think she'll choose the blue or the camo uniform?

Comment

Maybe it's the actress herself, Amanda Tapping and not the writers/producers, who are changing her role this season. Perhaps, as a new mother, she requested smaller parts, so as to be able to spend more time with her new daughter? The first year of life goes by so quickly, maybe she wants to treasure as much of it as possible.

Just an thought. Personally, I will miss her if her role is reduced. She has always been a favorite character of mine and is definitely a very positive role model for young women.
                        If thats the case, it would be nice it TPTB would say so, instead of just ignoring the issue.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

"Uh... Mr. Cooper?"

"Yes?"

"That's funny..."

"No, I'm serious..."

"Well, who's it from?"

ROTFLOL! Love the bit about "do you know any people from a town called Samanda?"
                          Originally posted by jckfan55
                          LOL Jckfan!
                          ~ Sam

At the end of the day, she knows she's doing the right thing. For all that she's sacrificed in life, she knows it was for the good of mankind. It was meant to be.

Years ago, she embarked on a mission lightyears away. By the time she returned, she was ready for a secret war that would cost her nearly a decade of her life.

She prides herself on her strength, but she knows she wouldn't have survived without the help of the three men who matter more to her than life itself. The three men who know her more intimately than any other. Her soul mates.

So many questions race through her mind. She doesn't know if, in another reality, her counterpart has seen less death by the time she enters her 40s. She doesn't know if, in another reality, her biggest concern is how well her kids are adjusting to adolescence.

Despite all of her brilliance, she admits that she doesn't know much. She simply knows that it was meant to be.
                          Wow... that's just beautiful, dancer!

Comment

Sam, when she was out of uniform, wore leather, but her jackets were tasteful and simply gorgeous! Vala seems poured into her leather. I'm not saying she doesn't look good, just how can you run or sit in that outfit???? I wonder if we get to see Vala out of "her" uniform? ( Hey, I didn't mean it that way......men!) Think she'll choose the blue or the camo uniform?
                            Knowing Vala's taste in clothing, the blue and camo uniforms will be specially cut off and taken in at ALL the right places...

She and Teyla should hang out some time... Nah, I know Teyla's a good person, so I like her... It's this unknown Dominatrix vixen character that has me perturbed.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              Don't forget that you can vote once a day for AT for Best Actress

http://www.syfyportal.com/

Just caught my eye ... has anyone noticed the PR lines when you go to vote for the show itself?

Stargate SG1 ... there will be lots of changes in Season Nine but one thing won't change: the number of viewers! I am ROTFLOL ... what hubris!

That's EXACTLY what will change if they lose a certain "minority" demographic of intelligent, mature fans who are pretty upset right now with the state of affairs over at Bridge and absolute lack of communication to the public and these fans, especially, about one fine award-winning actress.

I've been away past 24 hours and have to catch up with the past 4-5 pages but, from the little I've seen, Samanda is restless and unruly.

Can we send EXPLODING blue-jello packets instead?! PS If I haven't signed up, count me in. Either version.

I will now regroup and go back about four pages and see if some happiness managed to find its way in among all the rants ... which, BTW, are another example of the fanbase here ... such well written angst! Gawd, we need to pull all the frustrations together and write a heckuva fanfic!

Be back in awhile ... I may be sending this and the fire may have already gone out.

Comment

They will dress her up like Teyla.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X