Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

I think the jello is a funny idea. I know i contemplated sending MS a razor after seeing the pics of him with that fuzz on his face, but chickened out.

the jelly/jelly would be funny
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      First off, FROM the manufacturer's themselves...JELL-O® is a brand of Gelatin. See? GELATIN. Not jelly...

And as for your DVDs, as far as I'm concerned you can TAKE them and shove 'em up yer...wait...this is a family forum, right? Dang.

P.S.: Now that I'm done horsin' around, what do you think about the idea to nudge TPTB???
      ROFL
      Look, if we wanna get techincal...
      Originally posted by Answers.com
      jel·ly
      n., pl. -lies.
      1. A soft, semisolid food substance with a resilient consistency, made by the setting of a liquid containing pectin or gelatin or by the addition of gelatin to a liquid, especially such a substance made of fruit juice containing pectin boiled with sugar.
      Gelatin is the powder stuff that you make jelly from. So therefore Jell-O (which is the powder stuff) when set in water equals jelly

Also
      Originally posted by Wikipedia

Jelly is a sweet or savoury food gel, usually made through the addition of gelatin or pectin. Sweet food gels include gelatin desserts such as Jell-O and blancmange or fruit jam. Savoury food gels include aspic or plain gelatine. Vegetarians & Vegans make jelly not with gelatine (which comes from cows), but with agar (which comes from seaweed) which comes as crystals into which you pour water.

In beekeeping, royal jelly is a specific foodstuff made by bees which, when fed to bee larvae, turns them into queen bees.

Regional variations

In North America, the term is often used to mean jam in general, whether it has gelled or not. Concord grape jelly is usually used in the staple of North American school lunches - the peanut butter and jelly sandwich (PBJ or PB&J). Mayhaw jelly is a delicacy in the American South.

Jelly babies are a popular gelatine based confectionery in the UK and gummi bears are popular worldwide.
      So not only does Wikipedia agree that Jell-O is a brand of jelly, it also says that the North American use of the word jelly is not always correct

/jelly debate

PS
      In all seriousness, I don't actually think sending JELLY () is that good an idea. People tend to get a bit suspicous when they get powdered stuff in the mail these days O.O Also there might be the issue of customs...
      BUT it would be an extremely funny thing to do

Comment

eh, it's sealed in a box

and if 5-6 of us each send a couple of boxes, i doubt customs will even notice.

we can come up with a little phrase to put in with it

i actualy think getting 20 boxes from twenty differnt folks will have more of an impact than one poor schlob sending it all in one package

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          eh, it's sealed in a box

and if 5-6 of us each send a couple of boxes, i doubt customs will even notice.

we can come up with a little phrase to put in with it

i actualy think getting 20 boxes from twenty differnt folks will have more of an impact than one poor schlob sending it all in one package
          LOL. That sounds great! It could be like fortune cookies, each with a message about Sam.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            LOL. That sounds great! It could be like fortune cookies, each with a message about Sam.

Empty boxes of JELLY-O with different fortune cookie style messages might be the safest and cutest way to go, here. I agree with our esteemed head of security; all it would take is for one customs official to get nervous about a small package that makes a funny sound when s/he shakes it....

However, by now the die has been cast, poured and set for Mitchell's character.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Wow - the great jello debate has begun at Samanda!

I like your idea, Uber ... sort of a "chinese water torture" ... wouldn't we want to coordinate this by just aiming our delivery at one writer or producer? That would be more focused and persuasive ... don'tcha think?

As to what else we can do to get our point across, maybe "writing well is the best revenge." I just finished Head Trip and posted at

www.fanfiction.net/~chopingal

The story really wrote itself out of what we've been discussing here ... the need to restore the original Sam Carter to her rightful place as a capable and courageous female warrior. I thank all of you here who have been reading my story and hope you finish the journey with me! I feel like a "voice crying in the wilderness" but I also feel good that I've portrayed Sam Carter in a positive manner. Many of the writers on this thread have done this for much longer and better than I. And, in a way, that's also helping our cause.

So, here's to powerful Samfic and blue jello! Count me in! I'll be glad to send some boxes if we determine best method of delivery and just who is the target!

Comment

Tok'ra has a point, and i think it's good for all of us to remember. they've been taping since March, which means they've probably got 7-8 of the first 10 in the can (they usually take a break around june/july and then come back to tape the second half of the season july - oct or nov or so)

and i'm sure most if not all of the first half of the season is written with most of the second half already sketched out

which means, this stuff is history. they're not going to go back and change anything and even if they do choose to alter thier thinking/doing of things, we won't see it until - in the states- after the first of the year

And let's remember, maybe Amanda has requested some lessened work hours. I seem to recall her not being too fond of being a mother and having 14+ hour work days and Olivia will - an rightly so, imho - come first.

that's not to say they can't make the most of her limited time and we can't hope for that, but if a lessened presence and schedule is her wishes, i for one will respect and honor them

I will grab some blue jello the next time i'm at the store though

sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the Amanda photos. Most of these I've never seen-blue jello to and for your!

Comment

You're right. Amanda did ask to return as a recurring character not as a regular charac ter. So, We'll probably see her a little bit in each episode, like Dr Fraizer. Too bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      For everyone who wanted the original images from those pics, I've uploaded all the ones I have to my gallery here http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=19See I had no idea they hadn't been seen before... but there you go.. sometimes there are surprises! Meanwhile my favs are 1,2,3,13 & 26 But they're all Amanda & they're all stunning! Probably the most stunning shots I've ever seen.
                      Wow, I never realized there were so many wonderful photos of Amanda out there on the web. Although... MajorSam and I searched and couldn't find any of these so I'm starting to think that maybe you have an in with the photographer or something.

Also, please don't forget to vote!! I'd love to see Amanda win three in a row!
                      http://www.syfyportal.com/genre-awards/2005/index.php

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        a commercial's music reminded me of one of my fave movies, which quickly made me think of some of the movies i'd wished amanda had starred in. the movie i'm specifially talking about in this instance is 'only when i laugh', with marsha mason and kristy mcNichol. it's really a big showcase for marsha's acting, because she gets to play to whole gamut. i'd also loved to have seen her in the movie 'the abyss'.

what movies OR shows would you guys like to see amanda in?

sally
                        I've been thinking about this lately. Although I hate to think about her role as Samantha Carter ever ending , I think Amanda would be great in an ensemble comedy.....something like the old Mary Tyler Moore Show or Murphy Brown. Of course, with her skills for comeday and drama, she'd also be great in a show like ER or Law & Order. Ah, heck, Amanda could be great in anything!!!!!

I definitely think she deserves some more attention from the states!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          First, for crying out loud, if you haven't sent me your picture, do so now so I can finish the group photo project within the next year or so...

Second, I just had a thought...(I know, stop the presses)...

We are a might troubled by the possibility that some upstart that has had a grand total of 0 trips through the stargate before season 9 will retain the position as SG-1 team leader even after Sam returns.

This possibility, as one might fathom, irks me to no end.

So how can we...as the lowly and moderately ignored...fanbase communicate in a thoughtful, respectful and yet vocal and clever way to TPTB that we want to see our Sam in Command in 9?

Here's the kooky idea now (brace yourselves)...

What if we were to send like a box of blue jello (or even a box full of little boxes of blue jello) to our good friends at Bridge Studios with a very polite yet strongly written letter urging them to keep in mind they need to dance with the one that brung them who also is raining Saturns and Leos on them left and right???

Now we could coordinate and have it so we could each buy like 20 boxes of blue jello and box it up and send it from whereever we are in the world to TPTB with our letters?

The idea here is to grab attention without being rude...but to organize a campaign where they know there's a large fan base that wants to see Sam in Command.

So...what'd ya think???
                          Love it! I'd be willing to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            Tok'ra has a point, and i think it's good for all of us to remember. they've been taping since March, which means they've probably got 7-8 of the first 10 in the can (they usually take a break around june/july and then come back to tape the second half of the season july - oct or nov or so)

and i'm sure most if not all of the first half of the season is written with most of the second half already sketched out

which means, this stuff is history. they're not going to go back and change anything and even if they do choose to alter thier thinking/doing of things, we won't see it until - in the states- after the first of the year

And let's remember, maybe Amanda has requested some lessened work hours. I seem to recall her not being too fond of being a mother and having 14+ hour work days and Olivia will - an rightly so, imho - come first.

that's not to say they can't make the most of her limited time and we can't hope for that, but if a lessened presence and schedule is her wishes, i for one will respect and honor them

I will grab some blue jello the next time i'm at the store though
                            I think the important thing is to demonstrate to TPTB that Sam has a large and vocal fanbase that supports her and wants to see her lead.

Whether or not this will impact them in any decision making, your guess is as good as mine....but these kinds of fun campaigns can be very effective when well coordinated.

If Amanda wants a limited schedule, I certainly won't fight her on that...I guess my biggest fear is the Sam-bashers coming forth and declaring victory...that she's been "put in her proper place" or some such nonsense.

So regardless, a campaign to communicate our support for Sam is required...I think this one's a clever idea although implementation will vary for our overseas Samandans...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Before we draw some conclusions, who said for sure that AT wants a limited sked? I think Skydiver said IF Amanda has decided she wants one, she'd support that decision. Then, someone said, "She's asked to be a recurring character, not a regular one."

Where is this originating? Isn't this just supposition based on her being a new mother? We really don't know that she wants to cut back her hours, do we?

Just don't want a rumor to go unchecked......

Comment

I too have never heard confirmation that she asked to be recurring. I know that some anti-sam fans have decided that she is recurring since she's not in all the episodes. However, i also do NOT frequent those sites so i have no idea if they have a credible source or if it's just speculation on their parts.

I guess my point is, i'm more than willing to support her. in this show or wherever she goes after this, i'm just not a fan of 'we wanna'

personally, we as fans don't have the right to make demands.

suggestions? sure. Observations? Certainly.

I am more than willing to send some boxes of blue jello. and i think, if we're going to do a bit of coordination, then we should come up with a theme or joint message to put in with it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X