Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i talk to myself all the time.

especially when i'm writing fic. i'll talk out the dialogue while i'm driving or something
    That's the best thing about headsets with cellphones. People will think you're having a phone conversation!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm just reminding you all to vote for Amanda...
      http://www.syfyportal.com/
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
        Wanting to get a feel before I stick an important appendage in too deeply,
        If you want to check out some of the great posts on this thread, go to this Index Post - there are links to posts with great screencaps, audio clips, links to music videos, etc.

Comment

There's sure not much traffic here on the thread today. I guess all the Americans are enjoying the holiday, and everyone else is back to their Monday routine. Our burgers are on the grill, the potato salad is in the fridge and the baked beans are in the oven, so while I wait for a friend to arrive, I thought I'd take a few minutes to check in on all of you. And, as usual, even on slow traffic days, the chat is still interesting!

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I've often wondered about this... We have a wonderful group of folks here on the Sam thread... we tend to be team-oriented -even though we admire Sam... we're appreciative of the other characters and do not want Sam's glory to come at the expense of the others. We're OK with Sam being 'one of the team'. All wonderful and laudable attributes... and I think these positive attributes are a reflection of both Sam and AT. However... does it also mean that we don't make enough noise to be heard? Does it mean that we will be overlooked?
          I think there could be some truth to that. As I was saying to another thread member yesterday, there's nothing wrong with asking a direct question. You can do it politely and still be direct.

There is truth to the old adage about the 'squeaky wheel'... Right now, I am puppy-sitting for a friend... and when that puppy starts whining, he doesn't stop - and I *have* to do something - even if it's just move into another part of the house!
          Smart puppy. I wonder if the 18-24 males spend more time posting and e-mailing TPTB than we do....and get more attention because of it.

Hmmmm...she's proof that the female lead does not have to act with her bust size or strut aroudn in tank tops to be a vital part of the show. She's proven that a female can be a member of the team first with her gender being irrevalent
          And that's why we love her so much! I can't imagine (really!) how anyone could dislike Sam Carter. What's not to like? You have to wonder about the mindset of someone who could see her as a negative.

Comment

you know, i don't have a headset for my cell phone...course i think i make/receive about a half dozen calls a month, so it's not all that necessary

as to us making noise. I've written a few letters, i've expressed my opinion. Adn i know that TPTB play here occasionally so my words are right here, out in the open and they can read whatever they want

am i goiing to start a campaign? No. First of all, i have no way of knowing what amanda's choice adn opinions are so i'm going to respect that. I"m not going to put any pressure on her to do something she may not want to do.

I support her. i may not like everything the show does. i may hold some of the writers in less than the highest esteem or agree with thier choices and opinions. but while i do not care for some of thier work, i do respect the job they do.

now if i would ever hear from a credible source that amanda wanted us to campaign on her behalf, i'd happily write a letter a day as long as i could ocme up with something to say. But until then, i'll respect her adn her abilty to stand up for herself and her job
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If you want to check out some of the great posts on this thread, go to this Index Post - there are links to posts with great screencaps, audio clips, links to music videos, etc.
              Thanks! That's very cool of you. I'll definitely take a look at that.

BTW, I came back over here because I checked my control panel and it told me you gave me a rep point. I then had to go to the FAQ and find out what that was and why that was a good thing. Thanks! This newbie really appreciated that. (After she figured out what it was anyway...)
              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Smart puppy. I wonder if the 18-24 males spend more time posting and e-mailing TPTB than we do....and get more attention because of it.
                they probaly don't, but others do. The folks that dislike/hate sam DO send letters to scifi adn mgm et al and bash the stuffins out of her.

what i always find to pathetically ironic, i've been to cons where i see folks who bash the crud out of sam and amanda get to meet amanda. they're all fun and nice and sweet and fawn all over her. They get her auto, get pictures with her, take pictures of her.

then go home and get back online and diss her to pieces as soon as they get back online.

hypocrisy is so annoying

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  they probaly don't, but others do. The folks that dislike/hate sam DO send letters to scifi adn mgm et al and bash the stuffins out of her.

what i always find to pathetically ironic, i've been to cons where i see folks who bash the crud out of sam and amanda get to meet amanda. they're all fun and nice and sweet and fawn all over her. They get her auto, get pictures with her, take pictures of her.

then go home and get back online and diss her to pieces as soon as they get back online.

hypocrisy is so annoying
                  That is so weird.....but you are so right!

On another topic mentioned above.....come to Tennessee. You can drive and talk on your cell all you want here! I'm not saying it's a good thing. I'm just saying our lawmakers.....well......never mind.

Comment

Just wanted to post a link to a great fic that Skydiver just posted at fanfiction.net:
                    Sacrifice and Betrayal - great fic with Sam heroism, altruism and sacrifice. Jack gets his too, and Sky weaves the story through several of the actual episodes.

Great job, Sky! Thanks so much for posting it for us all to read and enjoy!

Comment

I just noticed.....even Gateworld hasn't posted a story about the Leo Awards (and Amanda's win) yet. I guess everyone is taking the holiday off!

Comment

spoilers for s7 and s9

Spoiler:
                        wouldn't it be neat if, in season 7's 'grace', grace turned out to be orlin? and we found out in s9's 'the fourth horseman'.

what made me think that is orlin being a kid in 'the fourth horseman'.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

thanks, myrth!

is there anyway you can upload the middle amanda pic (the alternate ff pic of amanda in the flag) too?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

darren's been off this weekend, so yes, no updates

adn thanks for the rec astro. i wanted to green you but i couldn't

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s7 and s9

Spoiler:
                              wouldn't it be neat if, in season 7's 'grace', grace turned out to be orlin? and we found out in s9's 'the fourth horseman'.

what made me think that is orlin being a kid in 'the fourth horseman'.

sally
                              Ooooh......interesting thought, Sally!

Comment

Info on the Leo's is up!
                                headline says:

Stargate earned three key awards at the 2005 Leo Awards this weekend, led by SG-1 co-star Amanda Tapping.

^^^

EDIT: Full thing is Here!
                                Last edited by MajorSam; 30 May 2005, 06:39 PM.
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X