RepliCartertje: Your boobies all the way
    Mandysg1: Thanks for Sam and Helen
    Agent Dark: your micro is teh pwnage
    mapsc (Mike): Sam rocks. So do you.
    suse: You are a class act.
    Sg Gato: You're an inspiration to us.
    hisg1fans: Keep up the good work
    The-rage: Who inspired you for acting?
    SunKrux: How's Olivia's Devil Duck Doing?
    JanSam: Please run for US President.
    jckfan55: Sam's a great Atlantis Commander.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Amanda's Canadian? So when she says "ZeePM" is she just acting? So does that make her a Canadian actress born in Britain playing an American character in a Canadian series?
      By Jove, I think he's got it!

5 Word Challenge:
      Sam's a great Atlantis Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
        Well Amanda's Canadian...but Carter is an American. Although I do randomly hear a little Canadian twinge.
        what twinge, I don't hear any twinge
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          That's because you're a Canadian eh.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

LOL just listen to yourself Mandy.......that twinge.

ROFL....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              Again referring to the spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              From another Douglas Adams fan--btw, he died way too soon--I almost fell off the couch I laughed so hard!!! My cat did fall off my lap and looked at me with the funniest expression--indignant and 'is she nuts?'
              Spoiler:
              I was never so grateful for my DVR. I rewound and watched that 42 scene over and over and over and over again. And laughed till my throat hurt.

I turned 42 this year and was delighted to be "the answer".

Oh and Congratulations OOOObs! HelenMagnus23 & Skydiver!

Comment

I hear it Not very often, but it is there.

Comment

The twinges are all in my ankle after walking around all day without crutches.

What I would say to Amanda...

This is hard...

Would you like some tea?

Um, or not.

Inspiring, goofy, loving, smart. Hugs?

Hehe, that's the one.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well Amanda's Canadian...but Carter is an American. Although I do randomly hear a little Canadian twinge.
                    So all those times she says "ZeePM" is actually acting American. Woah!

When exactly have you heard this Canadian "twinge"? I gotta tell ya being British as I am and please there is absolutely no offence intended here but...American and Canadian sound alike...to me at least. Canadian and American accents don't sound as different as a Newcastle accent is to a Scottish accent. Or is it just a very subtle difference or does Amanda really have to act to surpress it? But then that can't be right otherwise she's been acting at conventions because she still sounds exactly the same as herself as she does as Sam on TV.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      The twinges are all in my ankle after walking around all day without crutches.

What I would say to Amanda...

This is hard...

Would you like some tea?

Um, or not.

Inspiring, goofy, loving, smart. Hugs?

Hehe, that's the one.
                      My favorite so far.

Comment

Hehe, I can tell the difference! When I worked in the bookstore I worked with someone who would always ask customers where in America they were from. Several times I jumped in and said "s/he's Canadian!" They were usually impressed, and found it funny that I couldn't tell *where* in Canada they were from.

Oh, but my trainer at my new job was born in Toronto and I picked it even though she has lived all over the world *feels proud*
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

My favorite so far.
                          Why thank you, I love you too. Hugs?
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            So all those times she says "ZeePM" is actually acting American. Woah!

When exactly have you heard this Canadian "twinge"? I gotta tell ya being British as I am and please there is absolutely no offence intended here but...American and Canadian sound alike...to me at least. Canadian and American accents don't sound as different as a Newcastle accent is to a Scottish accent. Or is it just a very subtle difference or does Amanda really have to act to surpress it? But then that can't be right otherwise she's been acting at conventions because she still sounds exactly the same as herself as she does as Sam on TV.
                            Well one thing to know about me...I'm an accent slut. Just ask Myrth...I get positively gooey listening to her talk with that way cool Australian accent. Same with Tracy Jane, who's British. I love listening to people from all over the world and go all ooey-gooey hearing the various slight differences and such. For instance, here in Tennessee, there are a wide variety of slight differences in intonations.

I have family in New York, Georgia, California, Minnesota, New Jersey and Texas (primary ones here)...so I get to hear these variances and make comparisons on how various words are pronounced.

It's not a huge difference sometimes but for me at least it's noticeable. I love listening to Xena, for instance, because I know Lucy Lawless is a Kiwi (one of my very favorite accents btw) but Xena doesn't have that accent...it's more Americanized, if you will. But on occasion she'll slip and a word comes out with a slight NZ twang.

Comment

Nice!

So now for the FIVE WORD CHALLENGE...we have:

Alan: Will you marry me Amanda
                              RepliCartertje: Your boobies all the way
                              Mandysg1: Thanks for Sam and Helen
                              Agent Dark: your micro is teh pwnage

Let's keep it going!

Your work brings me joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I was never so grateful for my DVR. I rewound and watched that 42 scene over and over and over and over again. And laughed till my throat hurt.

I turned 42 this year and was delighted to be "the answer".
                                I'm 42 too

And for once in my life, I'm 'right'! (as in the 'right' answer)

Comment

Working...
                                X