Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It's interesting that you mentioned Det. Olivia Benson. I always considered the two characters interestingly similar in certain areas, which is really cool, because I definitely consider THOSE kinds of characters good role models and people worth discussing.

    I didn't know she HAD a 'Business Card of Death,' Carterslave. Care to elaborate?

    Comment


      Hi there sorry for being off topic but can one of you lovely Samandan people tell me how to read spoilers that are hidden by "high lite to read" the reason i ask is i now have a pc to access the internet instead of a tv dig-box and that means i have lots more things that i can see and do and learn about my pc
      Oh and i would like to thank you all for the rep points and i will be able to give you some back now!
      ......TARA......

      Comment


        Originally posted by tara3583
        Hi there sorry for being off topic but can one of you lovely Samandan people tell me how to read spoilers that are hidden by "high lite to read" the reason i ask is i now have a pc to access the internet instead of a tv dig-box and that means i have lots more things that i can see and do and learn about my pc
        Oh and i would like to thank you all for the rep points and i will be able to give you some back now!
        lol, just highlight the empty space below with your mouse

        Comment


          I think that would be in reference to the fact Olivia's card keeps ending up on dead bodies. It's happened a few times now.

          Meanwhile SVU & Stargate are my two favourite shows, largely due to the characters of Sam & Olivia and the real life quality of Amanda & Mariska.... rocking combination of shows to watch IMHO... so I found the name of Amanda's baby kind of interesting/amusing to say the least.... as a fan of both.



          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          It's interesting that you mentioned Det. Olivia Benson. I always considered the two characters interestingly similar in certain areas, which is really cool, because I definitely consider THOSE kinds of characters good role models and people worth discussing.

          I didn't know she HAD a 'Business Card of Death,' Carterslave. Care to elaborate?
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            BERNARD:I’ve noticed several episodes where you and Chris seem to have somethin’ goin’ on. It’s weird: I don’t know how to explain it but they would bring the camera on the two of you and it almost seems like a private joke has occurred.
            AMANDA: I’m thrilled you’re getting that.
            So this'd be early S8, maybe? Janet's corpse isn't even cold & Sam is playing footsie w/ Teal'c, hunh? (What would Ishta say?) Not to mention the then-ongoing Jack/Sam/Pete triangle.
            How many men is Sam stringing along at any given time, anyway? For somebody whose love life is supposed to be a disaster area it sounds like she's doing far better than most of us—having to beat them off with a stick, really.
            (And, yes, there's quite a bit of Sam/Janet flirtation—and deliberate, too—starting as early as S2. If people don't agree, that's OK. Anyway, if it weren't so sly it probably wouldn't be as much fun to spot it.)

            BTW, I stopped off at Sky's temporary fanfic archive & wanted to put in an enthusiastic word for her Matter of Time "missing scene" story, Realizations, a very thoughtful vignette that would fit right into the canon. I've had to cut back on my fanfic consumption of late but I'm glad I made that exception.


            Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

            Comment


              Interpid Space Heroine in Alien Love Nest!
              GateWorld has obtained exclusive paparazzi photos showing highly decorated Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, commander of ultra-secret SG-1, canoodling at a hot Area 51 nightspot. Due to its shocking nature, this sensational imagery is linked only:
              http://www.imageark.net/image.php?id=112762


              Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

              Comment


                Good news Samandans, Amanda has won the Leo award! just seen the news on yahoo AT club.
                Also she was there in person to recieve the award, great news
                ......TARA......

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  lol, just highlight the empty space below with your mouse

                  Oh, feeling stupid but thankyou for your help
                  ......TARA......

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tara3583
                    Good news Samandans, Amanda has won the Leo award! just seen the news on yahoo AT club.
                    Also she was there in person to recieve the award, great news
                    She did? Woohoo!
                    Any Pics?

                    Comment


                      Hmm.. weird you guys haven't seen those pics.. I found em on a website somewhere in my early travels.

                      My partner kinda went ga ga when he saw em too, asked me to make him a wallpaper. So I did, figured you guys might like it too.



                      http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/images/amanda
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Myrth
                        Hmm.. weird you guys haven't seen those pics.. I found em on a website somewhere in my early travels.

                        My partner kinda went ga ga when he saw em too, asked me to make him a wallpaper. So I did, figured you guys might like it too.



                        http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/images/amanda
                        LOL! Jack is so checking her out from behind

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by tara3583

                          Good news Samandans, Amanda has won the Leo award! just seen the news on yahoo AT club.

                          Also she was there in person to receive the award, great news

                          Congratulations, Amanda, on your Third Leo!


                          Ascension - Grace - Threads

                          Cake, we must have cake!

                          http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...eCakeFancy.jpg


                          Just to know, the Leo Awards show will be shown on Shaw Cable TV in Canada next Saturday evening, June 4. Can anyone tape the part with Amanda - anyone able to get this show next Saturday night?

                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 29 May 2005, 06:25 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ChopinGal

                            Just to know, the Awards show will be shown on Shaw Cable TV in Canada next Saturday evening, June 4. Can anyone tape the part with Amanda - anyone able to get this show next Saturday night?
                            Oh, someone definately has to record that - then upload it so the rest of us can watch it!
                            Who's in Canada? I know MajorSam is...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Oh, someone definately has to record that - then upload it so the rest of us can watch it!
                              Who's in Canada? I know MajorSam is...
                              I can't get it. I'm in Houston, Texas. But would someone up there tape it and post it on this thread? I can't believe we don't even have a picture of her accepting her award! I can't find the news item on yahoo either. Can someone post an address?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Oh, someone definately has to record that - then upload it so the rest of us can watch it!
                                Who's in Canada? I know MajorSam is...
                                Yes, MajorSam and a few other Samandans might be in the viewing area ... also, there are two Leo Award nights and both replays are being presented next weekend ... not sure when Amanda received the award itself - there is a Friday-night event and a Saturday-night Gala so maybe someone can look into that for us also? I would love to see the moment when the award is announced and she goes up on stage ... she was quite taken by surprise when she won her first Leo and didn't even have a speech prepared because she thought she wouldn't win. And JR Bourne was her escort for the night because her husband was out of town.

                                Anyone who can help us get to see these Leo Awards moments will receive the Honorary Red Bean of Courage for going beyond the call of duty! Canadians, come forth!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X