No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I have a question... well observation...
    Spoiler:
    Did anyone notice the pyramid on Sam's desk? I dunno if it has been mentioned before or not. I lol'd/squee'd
    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
      Hey, I have a question... well observation...
      Spoiler:
      Did anyone notice the pyramid on Sam's desk? I dunno if it has been mentioned before or not. I lol'd/squee'd
      Heeee!
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I got my Stuck DVD! Yay! I was so surprised (and a bit confused at first since I wasn't expecting it so quickly).

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I will tonight and I will also convert it and throw it on my iPod.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
          Very nice!!! Can you tell me the name of the font you used???
          It's called LainieDaySH

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Thanks for the info, I have to go out and get a DVD player...the dang thing won't play on my VCR
            ROTFLMAO!!!

Hilarious

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone for being such wonderful representatives for Amanda fans.

I received the following message from Lindsay.

Thanks and I hope you guys are still having fun!!! The messages I am getting are incredibly inspiring. So many people are SO GRATEFUL to finally get a copy of the movie!!! It's unbelievable! I'm touched. Thank you both for helping me this way and for pleasing so many people!!!

Lindsay
              sigpic

Comment

cute fic rec

http://surreallis.livejournal.com/264854.html

heed the pairings please
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  I just wanted to thank everyone for being such wonderful representatives for Amanda fans.

Thanks and I hope you guys are still having fun!!! The messages I am getting are incredibly inspiring. So many people are SO GRATEFUL to finally get a copy of the movie!!! It's unbelievable! I'm touched. Thank you both for helping me this way and for pleasing so many people!!!

Lindsay
                  Wheeee....everyones a winner...we're all stoked to get a copy...Lindsay is stoked to hear how much we like Stuck...well done to JanSam and Sky for making this happen too *jigs*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  cute fic rec

heed the pairings please
                  That was a very cute fic...thanks for passing that along Sky!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
                    HD caps from The Seer (spoilers for size)

Spoiler:
                    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Cinzina/SGA_S4/The%20Seer/SGA-TheSeer014.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...TheSeer039.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...TheSeer130.jpg

More are here

thanks, jenny!

but man, having one of those 'wow, amanda's sooo pretty!' moments. the tapping attractive gene must be of olympic size in their gene pool.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Lindsay
                      Cool. I'm happy Lindsay is overwhelmed by the outpouring of responses he's getting as imho he really didnt have to do this. Not like he needs the money or anything so him going out of his way to make this movie available to those who love AT, JR Bourne or just his work is awesome. To me, this show his true love for the fans and that in my book means alot. Kudos to Lindsay!

cute fic rec

heed the pairings please
                      Very cute and I liked writing style as well. Thanks Sky!

Comment

pshew, glad it works

THe dvd's are DVD-R, so if your player won't play -R's, then that could be the problem

I know that i have an older player that won't do - or +r's, it will only play the commericial grade ones. Which is why it's down in the basement
                        My heart fell into my boots when i put the disk into the older dvd player and nothing came up on my tv screen, but so pleased when it worked on the newer one.
                        I watched it last night and i can truely say that it was a thought provoking, heartstoping strong piece of drama that i've seen in a very long time and the best thing is i wanted to follow the four characters out of the lift and into more of their lives.
                        As a fan of Amanda it was great to see her in somthing that was "adult" and such thought provoking and strong drama, well worth the wait to see this film and i hope it finds it way onto a tv channel sometime!
                        ......TARA......

Comment

For all Samanda shippers ... here's a little contribution for Thanksgiving ...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3898410/1/Stuffed

Read, enjoy, review! Now I can go buy my own turkey and prepare for the holiday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!

PS, I've included a great new idea for a dessert recipe in my story! It may become all the rave.

Comment

Lindsay
                            For Lindsay, JanSam and Sky for their joint effort to bring us Stuck.

Come on now, I want to hear everyone!

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Hip, Hip, Hooray!
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

I didn't get the video, but I love watching when a plan comes together

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                Absolutely splendid! Thanks so much JennyJ.
                                My sentiments exactly...thank you Jenny!!
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Stuck spoilers..my thoughts on it.
                                Spoiler:
                                From the first moments of the moving opening up, I knew it was going to be good. It has some very intense scenes though and is definitely not one for the weak of stomach. I'd definitely label this one a psychological thriller-type movie. Many themes are covered, from identity, death, a person's purpose in this world to what is reality. Stuck makes you pause and forces you to think which is what I love about it.

The last email I received from Lindsay stated that he would love to hear my (our) opinions on the movie so I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I'm going to put that on the top of my list today as I don't think he was just saying it in passing and would be honored and delighted to get feedback from those of us who have seen it.
                                I have to say that Stuck is one of the most, if not THE most thought provoking movie I've ever seen...I couldn't believe how stuck on Stuck I was last night...so much so that I told hubby that he just has to watch it with me...I knew I was going to love Amanda's role but JR Bourne and Fred Henderson were just brilliant!! I'm still amazed by it...it really had me reflecting on myself and thinking about my own thoughts and beliefs...thinking about my family...my parents...my life...at one point I almost cried coz it just hit home so hard...and then there was a certain scene that had me LMAO coz it kinda reminded me of something else...I really really want to email Lindsay to thank him and tell him how much I love his movie...so...how do I do that??? I don't know if I still have his email addy!!...if I get stuck...pardon the pun...can someone help me??
                                Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                *hangs head in more shame* I don't have a DVD drive
                                (((Mandy)))...poor Mandy!
                                Originally posted by ames View Post
                                Chelle, if you could bottle your bounce, you'd make a fortune Especially on ppl like me who are *usually* that bouncy, but are currently suffering from a cold of dooooooooooooooooooooooom I miss, y'know, having energy. Sigh.

(Not to sound utterly dense, but do you really eat vegemite sandwiches? Can you describe what they taste like? And before you smack me for being an overly sheltered idiot - in case you are so inclined - pls bear in mind that the only places I've ever heard of vegemite would be on The Lucille Ball Show and in a Men Without Hats song...)
                                In his email to me, Lindsay said to please give him feedback about Stuck, so I'm thinking you're good to go on that one!
                                Oh Mandy ... thank you for the giggle, I needed it!
                                Bottle my bounce you say??? Make a fortune you say??? Sounds too hard!!!
                                (((ames)))...hope you're feeling better soon!!
                                My bounce as you say...that's just me...I'm the black and blue sheep of the family coz I'm so totally nuts!!!...I just keep bouncing off the walls and driving the family bonkers!!! ...but that's me...I type like I speak...totally spastic!! Be warned Samandans when we meet at AT4...do not feed me liquor...I get worse!!!
                                Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                I wasn't feeling well today so I stayed home. Made some goodies.
                                For some Sam love clickie for big:

I procrastinated for about a half hour trying to figure out who I wanted to use... so I also made Vala, Sam and Jack, and Vala and Daniel. You can find them all here .
                                If anyone likes them you may snurch
                                [/COLOR]
                                Oooh...sweet!! I likey...well done PengYn!!

Lindsay
                                Yay!!!
                                Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                                My heart fell into my boots when i put the disk into the older dvd player and nothing came up on my tv screen, but so pleased when it worked on the newer one.
                                I thought the same thing when I first popped it in my dvd player but then I hit the fast forward button and it was there...so did I let out a sigh of relief...nearly registered as a mini cyclone!!
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                                For all Samanda shippers ... here's a little contribution for Thanksgiving ...
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3898410/1/Stuffed
                                Read, enjoy, review! Now I can go buy my own turkey and prepare for the holiday.
                                HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
                                PS, I've included a great new idea for a dessert recipe in my story! It may become all the rave.
                                Thank you CG...will bookmark for tomorrow!!
                                Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

Thank you everyone!!!
                                Night night folks...must go and get some sleep...been a long day...oooh...I got to tow the Cruiser today...hehe...twas funny coz last Friday hubby towed my poor little Saab home after she got sick and now it was her turn to return the favour...my little blue pulling big red...she may be little but she's tough!!!
                                Anyhoo...that was my excitement for the day!!
                                Take care, be safe and have fun everyone!!
                                (((Samanda)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X